ATLANTA Only candidates will be considered.
The VP engineering- Application Dev and Analytics will be responsible for supporting our CTO in building a client-facing cloud analytics service and building out and managing the application development team. The role will be responsible for driving the design and implementation processes and, the architecture for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes. This position will report to the CTO with a dotted-line to the VP of Global Professional Services ensuring delivery of the cloud service to the clients .
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Designing and building large and complex data sets with a team of business data analysts and content engineers--- cloud analytics platform using both big data technologies such as Hadoop and standard technologies such as RDBMS and OLAP.
- Solid knowledge & previous experience of Amazon or similar cloud hosting environments a must have.
- Understanding the business requirements of Company's contact center and back office clients and delivering appropriate analytics solutions.
- Developing new analytics solutions and service offerings to deliver ongoing insights to clients combining Company's user process data and external client data.
- Thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design including external client or market data sources that add new dimensions to data.
- Designing and implementing statistical data quality procedures around new data sources
- Overseeing and leveraging best-practice reviews for data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
- Implementing any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately within the cloud service or client computing complex
- Direction for implementations that hand off data checking and updating procedures within the cloud service team or clients
- Review of the cloud service team in the performance of statistical analyses with existing data sets in Excel and or Spotfire tools
- Visualizing and reporting data findings creatively in a variety of formats.
- Researching and implementing software and hardware related to mobile technology
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Background in consulting services and engineering / development in a high-growth analytics software or services company. Previous with P&L responsibilities of at least $25M annuallya big plus.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field,. Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred
- Practical ability to understand and visualize data, communicate the data, and utilize it effectivelyand communicate insights effectively
- Excellent Ppublic speaking and excellent written communication skills to enhance present and promote the practice service in the market place
- 2-5 or more years of customer facing database analytics experiencebuilding or other programming experience
- Proficiency in specific commericialcommercial data analysis packages such as (Business Objects, Spotfire, SPSS, SAS, STATA, Excel or similar. , and/or Exce
- Familiarity with open source data analysis languages such as R, Python or )similar.
- Exceptional mathematics and statistics skills
- Practical experience with data mining and building algorithms
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Leader and individual contributor – leads by example when needed
Indeed - 19 months ago