Outstanding Opportunity – SENIOR DATA MODELERS
Our client seeks Senior Logical Data Modelers (LDM).
The Senior Logical Data Modeler will be responsible for transforming business information into models (most often logical data models) and managing the enterprise data model. Emphasis is placed on the modeling of the business that is required for a successful data warehouse. This goes beyond the typical application level data modeler role in that it requires modeling from an enterprise perspective rather than from a single business perspective.
You will execute projects in data modeling and data architecture, and will be responsible for the design and instantiation of the physical data model, based on the logical data model. This includes creating, and leading other modelers in creating the base tables, associative tables, and views, and choosing and creating all indexes.
You are excellent in group facilitation with participants from diverse business functions and work skills. You may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
What the Senior LDM Brings
You are a specialist in industry standard techniques for process modeling and data modeling. Within data modeling, you are a specialist in 3rd normal form (3NF) relational modeling. Dimensional modeling experience would be a strong value-add for online analytical processing.
You will leverage your background, consultative skills and intense client-value focus to develop unique data solutions optimized to the special capabilities of the Teradata platform.
Senior LDM Key Areas of Responsibility
The successful candidate will be involved in doing the following and you may also lead a team in executing such.
- Leverage his background, consultative skills and intense client-value focus to develop unique modeling solutions.
- Prepare process models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of designated process modeling methodology, includes creation and maintenance of process descriptions and glossary of terms.
- Facilitate the exposure of process data from functional experts and the user community.
- Create the physical data model with a data modeling tools like ERWin, Power Designer, etc.
- Modify the physical data model for efficient data access paths
- Generate and execute DDL to create databases, tables, and views
Top required Skills
1. In depth knowledge of business processes and business information models.
2. In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques.
3. In depth knowledge of the ERwin data modeling tool.
4. In depth knowledge of the Teradata Database is highly desired.
5. Experience working with Relational DBMS and associated applications
6. In depth knowledge of one or more data modeling tools like ERWin and the customization required to create DDL for Teradata
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business Administration
- 3+ years of Business Information (Logical) Modeling
- 3+ years experience in advanced information and data modeling skills
- 5+ years of Teradata physical data model and Data Warehouse experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to model from an enterprise perspective
- Industry knowledge in retail is highly desired. Industry knowledge in transportation and logistics is also desirable.
Additionally Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with enterprise wide logical models such as Teradata Industry Logical Data Models
- Project leadership experience
- Experience w/ multiple modeling tools including ER Studio and Power Designer
- This opportunity is based at a client’s site in Minneapolis
Are you the right fit?
We’re looking for highly motivated and experienced individual executing projects in Data Modeling. This is a customer facing role, do you have solid communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)? Do you have the ability to take a leadership role in execution of data architecture and modeling projects? If this is you, we want to speak with you.*
Company Description Section
Our client is a leading provider of powerful database software / services, enterprise datawarehousing, data warehouse appliances, and analytics.
KMR Innovations Inc. has been exclusively engaged to conduct this search on behalf of our client. KMR’s team has developed a multidimensional process to aid organizations in finding and assessing qualified outstanding talent. Our process excels at complex national and international searches.
Keywords: LDM, PDM, Data warehouse, datawarehouse, data mart, datamart, Oracle, SAP, Teradata, IBM, Netezza, DB2, HP. Architecture, Designing, database benchmarks, Logical Data Sources, Retail, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Travel and Transportation, pre-sale, data transformation tools (Cognos, Business Objects, Informatica). BI, DW, ETL, MCDBA, Logical design, Physical design, Tuning and configuration, Capacity planning, Storage optimization, Business continuity, Disaster Recovery. Job. 3rd normal form, 3NF, semantic