Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 4,525 reviews matching the search
Room for advancement but poor work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 4, 2016
Enterprise is a great company to get started with out of College. Their training programs are geared for College grads who need experience in sales, marketing, and management. You can also work your way up the corporate chain fairly quickly but there does come a point where you are stuck for an extended time. Enterprise has great benefits but the pay is on the lower end of the Market average and the work/life balance is awful. Overall I would recommend Enterprise to any College grad.
Pros
benefits, job advancement and security, co-workers
Cons
hours, work-life balance, pay scale
Frusterated
Porter (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 28, 2016
I wash cars outside and drive people around on busy days for exactly 5 hours and go home. I lack real breaks if we're extremely busy which is about 60-70% of the time. It's part time which involves no benefits. There is 0 incentive to work hard. What I have learned, is that people are all truly unique. Most people say it, but you don't understand it until you talk to about 50 different people in any given week. The best thing to do from a customer service standpoint is to simply try and relate to them. As soon as they're comfortable with you it makes any process you have to lead them through that much easier. The most enjoyable part is that I get to eat at the hotel for half price (The business is inside the hotel). These are my paid breaks which are maybe 2-3 times a week and last about 15 minutes.
Management expects you to work extremely hard, even though there is no chance for vertical movement. The only chance for a raise is once a year.
You lack any real contact with co-workers, because for the majority of the time I worked at enterprise I was the only porter in the morning. I communicate with other porters maybe once a week. otherwise people are higher up than me.
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2016
If your considering a job as a driver, expect no wage increases except for 5 or 10 anniversary dates and the pay is pathetic for risking your life everyday driving around the state. Also, you put your life in a lead drivers hands that is a senior and tends to ignore safety behind the wheel. I have driven with leads before and was terrified at their driving skills, but yet management keeps them in the position, even after having 10 accidents! Management states that we are the backbone of the company (we are) and gives a raise to all drivers and then turns around and cuts our hours, so now we make less than our previous hourly wage. They could care less about us. We use to have an annual driver appreciation party which was just to get us to donate to United Way. Upon declining to participate in United Way, they declined to give anymore parties! That is the respect you get! Turn over is very high.
Pros
Get to drive new cars! Nothing else.
Administration only for themselves
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 7, 2016
I've worked with Enterprise for 6 years. Within that time, I've seen managers come and go. My title as Customer Service Agent, this is the lowest paid position within the company and there isn't any benefits offered nor can you get promoted. Everything is played by "favoritism". Administration only cares about one thing, and that's themselves. Being employed by a Fortune 500 company, you would think that everything is nice and dandy but its not. I wouldn't recommend anyone for this job. In fact, I hate that I wasted 6 years of hard work and dedication to this company to only get fired for misunderstanding. The only good thing I have to say about this company is that I did enjoy working with new people and I enjoyed the customers. Anyone that's looking for a job and doesn't have a personal/social life, I would advise you to apply being that ERAC only wants you to base your life around them. Other than that, ERAC was just a paycheck to me.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Low wages, no room for growth, no benefits
Service Agents are mistreated by Enterprise
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 8, 2016
Service Agents are the most important persons in the process of providing customer service.

We service the cars that are going to be rented to the customers. We pick the customers up from their homes, offices, etc.

Yet, we cannot be promoted to a higher paying position, unless we have a College Degree.

We are over looked, when bonuses are given out. The Managers and Assistant Managers get all the awards, and benefits, Yet, the Service Agent is over looked at all cost.

If Enterprise is not this way, then someone is not watching the shop.

The Regional General Managers, are keeping everything to themselves. I hear of things we are suppose to get, but i do not see it.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
No Breaks
Enterprise Holdings
Car Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 26, 2016
Enterprise truly deserves its high ranking as one of the best places to work! Hard work certainly goes a long way and you can move up very fast. It is all performance based though so you definitely need to be competitive. Every office is like a family though and that is something you do not see too often in most jobs. The long hours would probably be the only thing that could be viewed as negative, but they pay off. One thing I really did learn working here too is that teamwork really does make the dream work.
Pros
great culture, hard work is definitely rewarded, good compensation packages
Cons
long hours, manadatory to work most weekends
Great Place to Start!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 7, 2016
Yes, it isn't the most glamorous job on the planet, but there is nothing like it out there. The culture there is awesome and the people you meet while working there are well worth all the bad days you have. There is a ton of opportunity to move up, but all of that is up to you and how you play your cards. They treat their employees very well and the benefits there are great. They do everything they promise! I wish more people would be grateful of having the opportunity to work at Enterprise, but those people are probably lazy, unmotivated people. The only cons to working here is the hours and if you have a horrible manager, it can really set you back.
Great people to work with
Exit Booth Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 22, 2015
This is a great company to work for, I enjoy(ed) my time here. The only thing I struggle with is the communication and the staffing issues. Lots of opportunities to make money and cross-train for other positions. Kind of plateau after a while if you don't have a degree because you can't be a manager. Highest position is a rental agent and you have the opportunity to make lots of money if you sell well.
Pros
1. If you have a good relationship with your managers, you'll be taken care of, 2. Good incentives, 3. Cross training, 4. Nice benefits (cheap car rentals as well).
Cons
1. Unless you have a college degree, there's no room for advancement besides to a rental agent, 2. Communication is a big issue, 3. Staffing issues (if someone calls out, the rest of the employees struggle for breaks, etc...), 4. Drama (that comes with any job though).2
The Car Preps were overworked and SEVERELY under payed at Enterprise
Car Prep (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2016
There was no communication between the management and the preps. And what's to learn? We washed cars? We washed in the oppressive heat. We washed in the bitter cold. Management was pathetic, and the pay was a joke. I will say that the guys I worked with were good people.

Prepping cars isn't a job for the faint of heart.
Pros
It was a check.
Cons
Bad management. No benefits. Sub-par equipment. Lousy pay
Nice coworkers but super low wages.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 18, 2016
Lack of communication between branches and corporate which make customer satisfaction difficult. Silly meetings , closed minded but helpful management, way too many computer programs which causes confusion and leads to poor communication, low wages but good benefits and very poor interview techniques.
Pros
Good benefits and nice coworkers
Cons
low wages and poor communication
Good out of college
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMarch 17, 2016
Enterprise is a great company to work for when you graduate out of college. If you commit yourself completely and have no problem working long hours you can make a career out of it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short staffed
Awesome Opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 16, 2016
This Company is the best for career advancement. 100% of promotion are from within. As long as you work hard and perform at the highest level the opportunities are limitless. Work-life balance is a struggle but one has to pay their dues before being on a 9 to 5 schedule. Work the hours while you're young
Pros
Management Experience, Career Advancement, and Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
It is a place thta will drain the life out of you
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2016
A place the drains the life out of you and then ask for more, small raises and a place that rewards laziness. Managers will not listen to their employees and pits workers against each other.
Pros
Cons
work long hours and management is out of touch
Great internal training and internal promotions
Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  HIDecember 30, 2015
The joke from the move Step-Brother, "they give you the tools to be your own boss" is accurate. I completed their management trainee program, which is a phenomenal program in running a branch. It is long hours and once you are a manager, you become salary plus commission. Your commission is foretasted off the branches previous 12 months of performance. So if the branch profits the same, you make your target. More equals more commission, less means you make less money. This turns into a lot of managers penny pinching by under staffing and having themselves and management trainees wash cars.

That being said when I was running a branch and was successful, they were so hands off. I was able to run it with 0 micro management and was taken to coffee meetings 1 to 2 times a month to talk about growth. Job Security is tough because they are black and white with everything. I seen a lot of good people let go for silly mistakes. A manager was joking with his buddy, someone overheard it and reported him to HR. 0 chance to "learn" they let him go. It can be dog eat dog because your employees are training to get your spot.
Pros
Great training and Internal Promotions
Cons
High turnover
Cool place to work but...
Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 25, 2016
Cool coworkers, management is decent, low career advancement, they do not offer raises. most enjoyable part of the job are my coworkers and driving different cars. job isn't hard at all
Difficult Work Environment
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hays, KsOctober 20, 2015
I loved my job, working with customers and different businesses and providing them with good customer service made me feel very accomplished. Enterprise has a good Management Program and Sales Training. However, they lacked being consistent in employee development and management involvement. Some days could be stressful because you spend your day problem solving on moving cars and meeting customer need. Work/Life balance does not exist, you will end up sacrificing your family, your health and any free time you had before taking a position with them. Working hours are between 50-65 hours a week. Ideal for single, straight out of college individuals looking for quick promotions. It is very difficult to maintain a family in this kind of environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No way to balance work and personal time
Great benefits but work life balance is a challenge
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 10, 2016
Great company, great benefits, great training. You work very hard but the experience and training is amazing. You work very long hours and work/life balance is very difficult.
great team work environment and opportunities for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work straight out of college. With 60-70 hour weeks with a heavy customer service base, this job will humble you quick. Days start @7 and usually will end about 6 or 7pm if your an MT. You can work you way up into a management role fairly quickly if you preform will, work hard, and focus on your monthly goals. Almost no work to life balance because most branches are open on the weekends as well but management tries to work the best they can to make this comfortable and will occasionally give days off during the week ( 1 day) NOT DAYS. You will learn how to market yourself, properly conduct a successful sales call both in office and in person, market and coordinate with accounts and also manage a team. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team
Pros
team focused good work culture
Cons
long hours, no work/life balance
Fast paced management trainee program with huge advancement potential.
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sky Harbor International Airport, PhoenixFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day starts with checking the amount of reservations and making sure to have enough vehicles to cover the daily amount. I learned a great deal about selling from this position. You learn to pitch products such as upgrades, vehicle coverage's, and prepaid fuel.
Almost every person who works at Enterprise, new to management, started as a trainee. Many of the trainees are recruited directly out of college, so many coworkers have a nice energy and flair.
Went on an airport rotation, which was the most challenging part of this job. Never ending complaints, flustered customers and employees, but very faced paced which passes time quickly. Many managers at airport location did not take proactive approaches to avoid providing sub par customer service. By far the best part of the job is the people with which you work. They set up a culture so everybody becomes close, and even spend time together outside of work.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, people who work here are great
Cons
Work/life balance is nonexistent, airport rotation is challenging
average to below average experience
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MADecember 29, 2015
initially learned a lot as a student coming out of college but quickly outgrew the position, the environment and the duties asked of entry level employees. pay was poor, benefits were worse and perks were non existent for entry level based on hours worked and cost of doing the job - wear a suit(not cheap) to clean cars.
Pros
learning opportunies
Cons
pay, management, culture, advancement

Enterprise Holdings Reviews by Location