Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 5,030 reviews matching the search
Enterprise is a strong company to work for, and the environment is very friendly.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Typical day consists of getting assignments on which vehicles to move or retrieve from many different Enterprise locations in So. Cal.
From Simi Valley to San Diego or Indio or the Antelope Valley. We drove everywhere, and every day is a different assignment. I learned how to navigate the So. Cal. Fwy system and to meet deadlines. Enjoyed driving latest models of cars to different locations throughout L.A. , Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties.
Pros
work without close supervision, no age discrimination
Cons
traffic bad sometimes, shuttle drivers late sometime
Great place for entry level jobs, but with entry level income
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2017
This job is a great introduction to for any young business professional. You will have to ready to work long hours and get your hands dirty, literally. You do need to wash cars, rain or shine. Compensation is low. It is a very competitive field. You are selling additional car insurance. This can pose a difficult task as most people are already required to carry auto insurance.
Pros
Great Peer to peer interaction
Cons
long hours, cleaning cars in suits
Great place to learn how to run a successful Business
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 20, 2017
The first day on the job, right out of college, I did a ride back in Mercedes Benz. Since then I fell in love with this company. Learned everything I needed to learn about sales, service, and marketing. Management and peers were always available if I faced challenges. Overall its a great entry level position to develop the skills needed to be successful in business.
Pros
benefits, 401K
Cons
washed cars, long hours, work life balance
Customer Service Training Ground
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  OregonFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to start a career. In the summer months very fast paced work, multitasking is essential. Great training ground for those not familiar with customer service. Work environment is a little immature since you work with kids straight out of college. Fun place to work but, you if you're serious about advancement you have to ignore all the noise and stay focused. Unfortunately, poor performance of others can drag your numbers down and hurt your chances of advancement.
Pros
Great ethics and company mission
Cons
Not all branches offer same opportunity for success
Employees seem to be unable to communicate and work fluidly
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2017
Usually when I arrive to work in the evening I have to reorganize everything because my coworkers failed to complete their tasks. It is not uncommon for any one individual to have to cover for 3 or more employees simultaneously while being responsible for my own job as well. Not that its difficult just stressful with several hundred customers needing help within a few hours each.
Pros
occasional moral boosting food, chance for extra monies through gift cards
Cons
Must pay taxes on all gifts, Customers are self entitled
all about the dollar
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 22, 2017
no work /life balance most of the rental agents worked 70 hrs. a week .they had no life except enterprise .all college educated with some kind of degree mostly business management. I don't think you need a degree to rent a car .no common sense .enterprise always stressed the customer was of utmost importance ,But it only took a week there to find out it was about the almighty dollar and NOTHING ELSE. enterprise always wanted more .management tried to act like the employees were important but.......
Pros
none your a cog in the machine
Cons
all the above
Ok job. you'll be tired
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
You'll work a lot of hours, deal with very difficult customers, and feel that you should be paid more. Pay is not Awful but for what you have to deal with it is brutal. Most higher ups are genuinely good people, the people you work with are generally good people. The culture is unique and supportive from the inside. Its the stuff you have to deal with from the public that make the job not very pleasant.
Pros
culture, management, people
Cons
hours, customers, work load
Energetic and can be fun at times
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day would start at 7am or earlier on Monday. You may or may not get a lunch due to staffing. You basically learn how to take advantage of people by selling something they are already covered for by their own insurance company. Most managers are seasoned liars and could sell you ketchup popsicle while you are wearing white gloves. When you are staffed it can be fun and relaxed. Benefits are great and most of the employees are great to work with. Management makes or breaks the atmosphere in the workplace.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people
No weekends, good luck
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2017
This is a clear grind. They constantly hire people because they tend to go threw many employees. They don't really train you just hope you figure it out and then they skim the best people off the top. However the people they promote often cannot train the new people or buy them into the company culture. The company is growing very fast but doesn't seem to be able to handle the growth, based on their employee retention.

They over-work and burn out most of the underlings, versus hiring training and supply enough qualified people to do the job and make a career. You will be promised X amount of money then they will pay you hourly and burn you out.
Is a very good company to work, nice co-workers, we work like a team every days.
Exit Booth Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Every day can be really busy, because we work at the Tampa International airport.
I learned every days deal whit a difficult situation , and always smile all the time.
They supports the team in all the situation, they always helps the team during the working hours.
Deal whit a up set customers and try to get the complete satisfaction whit the customers services on the rental experiences.
when the customers left me both whit a smile and receive from the customer a hug thank you.
A start of a great career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Working with Enterprise is a enjoyable place to work. A typical day at work is delivering vehicles of all types to customers, and knowing that they will have a smile on their faces when you arrive.You'll enjoy coming to work working with great and energetic people. One of the things I enjoy the most is you get to go out and explore and learn the city. The hardest part of the job is when you have to go home after your shift is over. I always know that I'm doing a great job when I see management smiling. Enterprise always exceeds their best to keep us in a safe environment at work
Pros
Work around your schedule avaliability
Customer Service
Intern Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Taught me a lot about customer service.The pay was good for an internship and the employees were fun to work with.
• Enterprise Rent-A-Car is one of the country’s largest car rental companies. During my internship, I learned about Enterprise’s approach to customer service and gained key insights on how Enterprise operates its business.
• Satisfied customer requests in a fast-paced environment.
• Answered customer concerns over the phone; placed reservations for various customers.
• Handled thousands of dollars in daily transactions.
great place to start how to be responsible
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Its constant customer service interaction on your feet while doing major multi tasking with demanding customers. The company as a whole is great and they are there to help but it is a significant amount of time on your feet moving satisfying people who dont understand the amount of work they do. This company can be excellent if the people are but it can be terrible if the employees dont help each other out.
Pros
builds good work ethic
Cons
humans
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 2, 2017
I drove several different vehicles on a daily basis and the best part about it, all the cars were brand new; well at least a year old. i cleaned these cars and transported customers. the worst thing about enterprise is the lack of advancement, they don't like paying for overtime, and sometimes hours come up missing. management was ok, they weren't very efficient , but they still got the job done and that's all that matters.
Pros
the driving
Cons
i was part time and i wangted full time
Enterprise Holdings is a great place to launch your career.
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 12, 2017
I worked for Enterprise Holdings Inc. for 11 years and 8 months. It was a great place to work for. You could balance your work life and personal efficiently. The promote within and help their employees to enhance their work skills. A type ran smoothly because you knew what was expected of you. I learned how to manage people in a corporate atmosphere. The hardest part of my job was getting coverage when there was a flu epidemic going around. The enjoyable part of my job was the teamwork environment.
Pros
Balance work life and employee outtings
Cons
Only could carry 5 used vacation or ct day over to the next year.
Enterprise-rent-a-car
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
HUGE focus on customer satisfaction and the customer service employee gives. You learn a lot about crisis communication because there's a good chance the employee or customer doesn't understand contract fully when reading/ explaining. Hardest part of the job is being yelled at by customers for things out of your control, or that they had signed during their transaction. The people (co-workers) you work with are a huge/best/greatest support system! They give you the push to challenge yourself every day.
Pros
Sponsored group activities with area stores
Great people, but stressful work sometimes
Workforce Management (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2017
The people I work with are great. Recently, there was a structure change in promotion potential, which is unfortunate. This change caused a lot of negativity. They have sent a huge number of teams to work from home, which has both positive and negative sides. Also, you no longer have to have a Bachelor's Degree to move into management. Overall, good company but you have to think and act the "Enterprise" way to move up anywhere.
Nice to work from home
Escalation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
This job is great as you can work from home. Customers can be a little mean at times but this comes with the transportation industry. You have quarterly bids for schedules which is nice but be sure you are hitting your metrics so that you can bid successfully. Hitting metrics is not hard as long as you do your job. Management is sometimes out of the loop and can do a better job at disseminating information. Pay could be better as well.
Pros
Remote and nice co workers
Cons
long hours, fast paced, a lot of driving,
Service Agent/Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 18, 2017
Depends which location you work at and who the manager is at the time which can make it fun or not so much fun. HIGH TURNOVER of employees. ALOT of driving around especially when in need of vehicles and you have to take 30 minutes out of your job which slows down what you have to do at the time. Decent first job, raises are not that great, if you work really hard you might be able to get full time
Pros
exercise and sometimes free lunch if ESQI is at corporate standard
Cons
It depends on which location you are at. I could give my opinion here but i'd rather not
Work Hard Reward Hard
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJanuary 17, 2017
A typical work day at Enterprise Rent A Car is arriving to work at 7:15AM to work before the office opens at 8:00AM. We arrive to have morning meetings and review contracts. We work as a team and individually throughout the day to make business choices. Customer service and sales is key. Having such great co-workers makes it easier to work in the environment and having motivation to sale our insurance and upgrade customers into a higher class car. The hardest part of the job is the hours.
Pros
hour lunches, customer service, and team bonding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

Enterprise Holdings Reviews by Location