Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,359 reviews matching the search
Room for advancement but poor work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 4, 2016
Enterprise is a great company to get started with out of College. Their training programs are geared for College grads who need experience in sales, marketing, and management. You can also work your way up the corporate chain fairly quickly but there does come a point where you are stuck for an extended time. Enterprise has great benefits but the pay is on the lower end of the Market average and the work/life balance is awful. Overall I would recommend Enterprise to any College grad.
Pros
benefits, job advancement and security, co-workers
Cons
hours, work-life balance, pay scale
great team work environment and opportunities for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work straight out of college. With 60-70 hour weeks with a heavy customer service base, this job will humble you quick. Days start @7 and usually will end about 6 or 7pm if your an MT. You can work you way up into a management role fairly quickly if you preform will, work hard, and focus on your monthly goals. Almost no work to life balance because most branches are open on the weekends as well but management tries to work the best they can to make this comfortable and will occasionally give days off during the week ( 1 day) NOT DAYS. You will learn how to market yourself, properly conduct a successful sales call both in office and in person, market and coordinate with accounts and also manage a team. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team
Pros
team focused good work culture
Cons
long hours, no work/life balance
Frusterated
Porter (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 28, 2016
I wash cars outside and drive people around on busy days for exactly 5 hours and go home. I lack real breaks if we're extremely busy which is about 60-70% of the time. It's part time which involves no benefits. There is 0 incentive to work hard. What I have learned, is that people are all truly unique. Most people say it, but you don't understand it until you talk to about 50 different people in any given week. The best thing to do from a customer service standpoint is to simply try and relate to them. As soon as they're comfortable with you it makes any process you have to lead them through that much easier. The most enjoyable part is that I get to eat at the hotel for half price (The business is inside the hotel). These are my paid breaks which are maybe 2-3 times a week and last about 15 minutes.
Management expects you to work extremely hard, even though there is no chance for vertical movement. The only chance for a raise is once a year.
You lack any real contact with co-workers, because for the majority of the time I worked at enterprise I was the only porter in the morning. I communicate with other porters maybe once a week. otherwise people are higher up than me.
Fast paced management trainee program with huge advancement potential.
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sky Harbor International Airport, PhoenixFebruary 20, 2016
Typical day starts with checking the amount of reservations and making sure to have enough vehicles to cover the daily amount. I learned a great deal about selling from this position. You learn to pitch products such as upgrades, vehicle coverage's, and prepaid fuel.
Almost every person who works at Enterprise, new to management, started as a trainee. Many of the trainees are recruited directly out of college, so many coworkers have a nice energy and flair.
Went on an airport rotation, which was the most challenging part of this job. Never ending complaints, flustered customers and employees, but very faced paced which passes time quickly. Many managers at airport location did not take proactive approaches to avoid providing sub par customer service. By far the best part of the job is the people with which you work. They set up a culture so everybody becomes close, and even spend time together outside of work.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, people who work here are great
Cons
Work/life balance is nonexistent, airport rotation is challenging
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2016
If your considering a job as a driver, expect no wage increases except for 5 or 10 anniversary dates and the pay is pathetic for risking your life everyday driving around the state. Also, you put your life in a lead drivers hands that is a senior and tends to ignore safety behind the wheel. I have driven with leads before and was terrified at their driving skills, but yet management keeps them in the position, even after having 10 accidents! Management states that we are the backbone of the company (we are) and gives a raise to all drivers and then turns around and cuts our hours, so now we make less than our previous hourly wage. They could care less about us. We use to have an annual driver appreciation party which was just to get us to donate to United Way. Upon declining to participate in United Way, they declined to give anymore parties! That is the respect you get! Turn over is very high.
Pros
Get to drive new cars! Nothing else.
Cons
Great place to grow quickly and get great experience for your next job
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  FLJanuary 11, 2016
Working with Enterprise you will meet many people and be able to grow your networking skills. I work in an admin office as an accountant and love working with all other aspects of the company. The biggest downside of this company is that upper management does not care about your life outside of the company. On a slow week, you will work your normal 40 hours. Enterprise's statement period for accounting is the first 8 business days of each month. during those 2 weeks, you will work a minimum of 55+ hours per week and are not allowed to take one single day off during that period. Upper management is micromanaged. The learning and experience you gain from this company is great, but it is not a career unless you devote your life to the company. Great for 2-4 years experience and other companies love hire ex-enterprise employees!
Pros
Free lunches, great people, competitive pay
Cons
Horrible work/life balance, micro management
Lots of opportunity to advance and great people
CarShare Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2016
I learned more at Enterprise than I ever expected. They give you great experience, a great team, and have high expectations for you to fulfill. However, you are only monitored on your sales numbers, and work to home balance was really difficult. We washed cars outside in 100* weather in our business suits and worked with upset customers regularly, but being in entry level you weren't the only one doing it - your managers were too.
When you have a good manager, it is a fun culture; however, it is still incredibly stressful and can be fast-paced.
Pros
Great Training, Resume builder, good management, good potential to move up.
Cons
Work-life balance, long hours
best company w/ the best people
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 24, 2016
a typical work day for me is long however the great customers and co workers out weigh the bad customers the long hours and the chaos. you learn a lot this career has shaped me as a person and has help me grow tremendously. management is understanding for the most part. my coworkers are like my family and we have some strong connections. hardest part of the job is just the hours.
Pros
half day dduring the week if you work saturday
Cons
being away from my child all day 7am- 630pm
Enterprise Holdings
Car Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 26, 2016
Enterprise truly deserves its high ranking as one of the best places to work! Hard work certainly goes a long way and you can move up very fast. It is all performance based though so you definitely need to be competitive. Every office is like a family though and that is something you do not see too often in most jobs. The long hours would probably be the only thing that could be viewed as negative, but they pay off. One thing I really did learn working here too is that teamwork really does make the dream work.
Pros
great culture, hard work is definitely rewarded, good compensation packages
Cons
long hours, manadatory to work most weekends
Draining environment
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 31, 2016
The job was an very intense environment that required long hours and also cleaning cars in any type of climate. Overall, I enjoyed my co-workers but dreaded the job and some of upper management. The area manager I had at the time was very unprofessional he would yell and be disrespectful to the Branch Managers if they didn't meet his standards. A lot people at that time quit the job and moved on because the pay and the stress level wasn't worth the time. Branch managers were training us to basically add protections and services on customer contracts when the numbers were getting bad for the branch. When those characteristics started to show and be promoted I planned my exit. This was my first job out of college so it was interesting experience.
Fast pace, on my toes enjoyable job.
Customer Service Representative/Driver/Fleet Prep (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work as a prep is your most likely always busy, you're kept on your toes at every given moment. In which I didn't mind because I felt as if it made my day go much faster. The management at my location was always changing and not really consistent due to new managers in and out due to promotions and relocations. It's one of the best environments due to meeting new faces on a day-to-day basis. The hardest part of my job would have to be when I'm told to do one thing by somebody higher and they didn't communicate with others and somebody tells me to do something else, but nothing a little problem solving and strategy can't fix.
Know what your signing up for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
Though I appreciate the opportunity the company offers, the work life balance is non existent. The people are great, thats the hardest part of leaving the company, But once they become managers its like the company requires you to give a piece of your moral self to advance to the next level. They speak a lot about brand, "branding" is important but this is used as a tactic to loose self confidence and self worth so you no longer have an individual opinion you only have a what "they think" opinion. You become so scared of speaking up for yourself and what you think is right, you move through the ranks and say nothing, because the people who you need to speak up about are best friends with the people who are promoting you.
Pros
Good Start off Pay
Cons
Long Hours, bad management
Clueless Management
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2015
If your right out of college they sell you a bill of goods saying you're going to advance and have a career. You wear a suit to watch cars, deal with customers that are A-Holes and you have to eat it. Management increase "tiers" every month which are quota's that are not realistic so the money is not there. Terrible hours, no respect, and horrible working conditions and environment. All they care about is profit, customer service scores and keeping you off balance.

It's no wonder customer service scores are low because they threaten your job if yields are not met so agents have to press for insurance, up sells and extras that go to the point of Pis#ing off the customers.

Only good thing is the health insurance.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Punk Management, long hours, low pay
Great starter company to get experience
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 11, 2015
Enterprise is a great company to work for right out of college to gain some experience. Well structured company setup for advancement. You'll put in at least 8 hours of overtime a week, so the work life balance isn't the greatest, but you make due. My best advice is to have a plan of what you want to accomplish otherwise you'll get burnt out... ie. advance a few levels and find a better job. Companies know that if you can make it at Enterprise you have strong work ethic, and can put up with a lot of BS ie. washing cars in dress clothes in the dead of winter..
Pros
Lots of company events, "Happy Hours" etc., co-workers & management are pretty cool. You also have a mentor, which tend to have a similar personality as you and can be confided in.
Cons
Long hours, the job can get monotonous at times, some customers talk down to you, and try to take advantage of the fact that the company is customer service centric.
Productive and long hours
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 6, 2015
While working towards your career in Enterprise Holdings their will be several trials that must be completed to end at your destined goal. While working as a Management Trainee you will work long hours and gain a plethora of knowledge on how to actively run a branch successfully. This job has the potential of being a wonderful career, depending on hard you work and the amount of time you are willing to put into your career. With that said, the work life balance is hard, it is a struggle that must be maintained to be successful in this line of work. Even though this job has extremely long hours, your colleagues will be your biggest confidants, and the most enjoyable part of this job as well.
Pros
Lots of happy hours, opportunities for bonuses, you control your growth
Cons
long hours, job work/life balance can be difficult
Administration only for themselves
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 7, 2016
I've worked with Enterprise for 6 years. Within that time, I've seen managers come and go. My title as Customer Service Agent, this is the lowest paid position within the company and there isn't any benefits offered nor can you get promoted. Everything is played by "favoritism". Administration only cares about one thing, and that's themselves. Being employed by a Fortune 500 company, you would think that everything is nice and dandy but its not. I wouldn't recommend anyone for this job. In fact, I hate that I wasted 6 years of hard work and dedication to this company to only get fired for misunderstanding. The only good thing I have to say about this company is that I did enjoy working with new people and I enjoyed the customers. Anyone that's looking for a job and doesn't have a personal/social life, I would advise you to apply being that ERAC only wants you to base your life around them. Other than that, ERAC was just a paycheck to me.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Low wages, no room for growth, no benefits
Awesome Opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 16, 2016
This Company is the best for career advancement. 100% of promotion are from within. As long as you work hard and perform at the highest level the opportunities are limitless. Work-life balance is a struggle but one has to pay their dues before being on a 9 to 5 schedule. Work the hours while you're young
Pros
Management Experience, Career Advancement, and Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
Great internal training and internal promotions
Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  HIDecember 30, 2015
The joke from the move Step-Brother, "they give you the tools to be your own boss" is accurate. I completed their management trainee program, which is a phenomenal program in running a branch. It is long hours and once you are a manager, you become salary plus commission. Your commission is foretasted off the branches previous 12 months of performance. So if the branch profits the same, you make your target. More equals more commission, less means you make less money. This turns into a lot of managers penny pinching by under staffing and having themselves and management trainees wash cars.

That being said when I was running a branch and was successful, they were so hands off. I was able to run it with 0 micro management and was taken to coffee meetings 1 to 2 times a month to talk about growth. Job Security is tough because they are black and white with everything. I seen a lot of good people let go for silly mistakes. A manager was joking with his buddy, someone overheard it and reported him to HR. 0 chance to "learn" they let him go. It can be dog eat dog because your employees are training to get your spot.
Pros
Great training and Internal Promotions
Cons
High turnover
It is a place thta will drain the life out of you
Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2016
A place the drains the life out of you and then ask for more, small raises and a place that rewards laziness. Managers will not listen to their employees and pits workers against each other.
Pros
Cons
work long hours and management is out of touch
Difficult Work Environment
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hays, KsOctober 20, 2015
I loved my job, working with customers and different businesses and providing them with good customer service made me feel very accomplished. Enterprise has a good Management Program and Sales Training. However, they lacked being consistent in employee development and management involvement. Some days could be stressful because you spend your day problem solving on moving cars and meeting customer need. Work/Life balance does not exist, you will end up sacrificing your family, your health and any free time you had before taking a position with them. Working hours are between 50-65 hours a week. Ideal for single, straight out of college individuals looking for quick promotions. It is very difficult to maintain a family in this kind of environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No way to balance work and personal time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9