Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 4,688 reviews matching the search
High Energy Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2016
National/Alamo (EHI) is on of the best companies to work for. Full benefits, time off, flexibility, and company wide advancements are just some of the benefits of working for EHI. Personal and Team Development are incredibly important to direct managers as well as upper management. Hard work is definitely rewarded, from boat days on the lake, to baseball games in the fall, EHI makes sure its top performing employees know they are appreciated.

However, this job is not for everyone. The customers you meet can have a profound effect on your overall experience with EHI. Management though, makes sure the employees well-being is at the top of their priorities.
Pros
Full Benefits, Incentive pay plus hourly, Group Wide activties (dinners, bowling, holiday parties)
Cons
Late Night shifts (until last flight in arrives), very competitive hiring process
Workers has to also do the managers job
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
I have learned that no matter how hard you work for this company you will never be treated like a human. If you have an illness this company will set you up and play games to get you out of the door, no matter how many years you gave to them. Co-workers are great and amazing, the workers carry the entire company not the managers. The hardest part is finding you have lost all your benefits and they fired you then rehired you without ever telling you of your termination and the rehire trick. You better not ever need medical leave from this company. If you do then make sure you defy doctors orders and get back to work asap or else.
Pros
Strong Industry
Cons
Horrible Management
Great training and advancement, but you have to put in long hours
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phx, ArizonaJuly 21, 2016
Its hard work but it pays off if you work your butt off for on average 3 years. You'll be cleaning cars and dealing with nasty customers on a regular basis. Great advancement options and training, I did not have a business background before working for Enterprise but now I feel like I have a good understanding on how a customer service oriented business really works and how to manage/run one.
Pros
friendly and fun company culture, very good training, decent benefits and pay
Cons
long hours, expected to lie to customers, people with bad reputations do not get promoted
Great culture and endless opportunity for growth
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to launch a career. The people make it fun and the opportunity to advance is there if you work hard. You learn the core tools of running a business, from having a competitive sales culture, to handling customer service issues. While it is a management and sales role, it is very important to the business to please accounts of the company.
Pros
Rewards and recognition for hard work. Opportunity to advance
Cons
Long work weeks, lot's of management movement
No Work/Life Balance
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 4, 2016
Right out of college this is a great company to start off if you like sales. You're promised uncapped growth although you are stuck if you can't sell coverages to customers. A typical Monday-Friday you work 6:30 am until 6:30 or 7 PM if your branch is a 7-day operation you will work 6 days a week most of the time so if you have kids, family, friends or pets I would look elsewhere. Customers treat you like you're worthless, personally I have been spit on and almost run over by an irate customer. This company has a very well organized training structure and your coworkers will be awesome but it's truly not worth the pain or salary.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, Happy hours, Work parties
Cons
Customers, No Work/Life Balance, Sales Based Promotions, Long Hours
Great team environment with no work life balance
Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 21, 2016
Enterprise offers a great management training program that teaches you what goes into running a business. Promotions are all performance based and there is endless opportunity for upward mobility. However, in order to be successful you have to be committed to working 12 hour days and have an extraordinary amount of patience for unreasonable and irrational customers.
Pros
Culture, compensation, benefits
Cons
Hours
Great work experience and fun team environment!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 1, 2016
This was my first out of college full time position and Im proud with my decision. I started here as a management trainee with the mindset of gaining real life work experience. I excelled through out my employment for the past two years earning two promotions. I have also won multiple accolades, and prestegious awards setting myself apart from my fellow employees. Work life was fun especially when you work with other great individuals. Also advancement was earned if you worked hard succeeded and applied yourself. Great overall work experience .
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
Work life experience, micro managing, Pay
Fast-paced environment with customer satisfaction as core focus.
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 18, 2016
At Enterprise, we were trained to operate with the mindset that customer satisfaction is everything. Employees were super friendly and helpful towards accomplishing our work together. My management was incredible. I don't think I would have been as successful of an intern without the excellent hands-on training my managers provided me with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to drive new cars. The hardest part, was the long hours and having to work on weekends.
Pros
Pay, benefits, experience
Cons
Long days, weekend shifts
Great place to learn and grow your personal brand
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 13, 2016
Working for this company has had several benefits! From their management trainee program to the one on one and hands on training you get on a daily basis from your management team and fellow co-workers. This company teaches you a great deal about how to run a business, produce sales and how to work with customers successfully. I would say that every job has its ups and downs. For this company it was the long hours, work life balance and at times it seems that sometimes that pay did not equal the work you put in. But the advancement opportunities with this company are tremendous. If you can push through the challenging times, the knowledge and experience you gain from working with this company can take you very far!
Pros
Co-workers, challenges you to succeed, benefits, PTO, culture
Cons
Burns you out fast, small compensation to top performers, work life balance
not what it used to be
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 1, 2016
Enterprise is not the company it used to be. As it has grown, the "family" style business plan they advertise isn't what it has become. While it is still a great place to learn about business and how to run a business I wouldn't encourage others to look at it as a life long career but rather a place to earn valuable experience and then move on. Overall pay is average at best but the hours expected of the employees is excessive which leads to excessive turnover because of zero work-life balance. The Taylors have built a fantastic business and one they should be proud of and I would encourage them to look at their business model and determine what more they can do to reduce the hours of the team and while at the same time keeping salaries where they are.
As far as compensation goes for middle level management.... I think it is good but far too many times I see managers exceeding expectations for growth and profits only to have their commission structure "looked at" because they are making too much money. They consistently talk about how employees can make what they want as long as they earn it only to have pay cut for over performance. NOT a good way to motivate people or keep them as long term employees.
Pros
Training, compensation levels for BM and up.
Cons
Hours, hours, hours
Excellent management training, however some flaws overall
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2016
Great place to start after college. This company gives you the tools you need in order to be successful. Awesome management trainee program, and plenty of opportunity. However, working for this company, you will not have a good work life balance. The hours are very long and getting time off is difficult. This company would be much better if it offered their employees better hours.
Pros
Benefits, friendly staff, opportunities
Cons
short breaks, long hours, high stress
Poor Work/Life Balance
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 17, 2016
Great way to learn to run a business. My colleagues were amazing, yet, management needed improvement. Zero work/life balance. Also, management had very little concern for personal welfare. Personally, I went through a rough tragedy/loss and the management team provided little concern and zero support. Furthermore, they withheld some of my wages, although I was an exempt employee, when I was in the hospital. Overall, the executive management was great and had wonderful intensions for the company, however, my personal experience in the Albany area was uncomplimentary.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No Work/Life Balance
A great place to build your professional skillset
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 29, 2016
As a branch manager you are managing every aspect of the business in order to keep daily operations in line to accomplish monthly and yearly goals. You are continually adapting to situations and changes within the industry. Not only are you able to manage a branch but you are also forecasting fleet needs while managing cost and quality control. You are able to watch as the employees you've trained and mentored advance in their careers while being able to count on the guidance through the network and mentor relationships you have developed yourself. You will truly meet some of the greatest and most hard working people as you come to realize who you truly are and what type of manager you are in the business world.
Pros
Great training opportunities, fun and friendly coworkers, company wide events that are fun and useful for networking, competitive environment, fast-paced, ability to have autonomy, development of leadership skills, and great upper-management.
Cons
Work/life balance
Rewarding for top performance
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 29, 2016
Very financially rewarding for those that are top performers. Work life balance is a major set back for this company. Upper management varies widely some are completely out of check with customer and employee base. Others really make it a point to be out with customers and employees. Great benefits after 1st year and 401k and profit sharing are great. Lots of vacation days after hitting 5 years, dont know anyone who comes close to taking more than half of their vacation each year.
Great Entry-Level Company
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 29, 2016
Enterprise is great for recent graduates or career change candidates. It is not the idea workplace for employees with families due to long workday hours. Compensations and benefits is reasonable for employees with little or no experience in sales/management.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Compensation
Good Starting Point, Not Long-Term Place to Work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2016
Enterprise is a great place to start your career fresh out of college. Excellent training program with some very valuable information as it relates to business operations. Compensation could be better considering the amount of time they demand from you. Work/Life balance is the number 1 complaint and it will never change. Overall, I would recommend Enterprise to anyone without a family with the desire to learn how to run a business.
Pros
Training Program
Overall great company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 8, 2016
Overall this is great company to work for. The job requires you to be extremely motivated, but it's gives employees a world of experience in every aspect of running a business. From customer service to personsal management and staffing, Enterprise Rent-A-Car gives their employees the tools to be successful at any job.
Pros
Great benefits and a internal promotion system
Cons
Not enough work life balance
Great first job out of college
Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2016
Enterprise was a great opportunity for me out of college. They offer a ton of training and typically have great staff. Bear in mind, they are the #1 hire of college grads, this is due to the immense turnover due to overworking their staff and beyond competitive atmosphere. You will be simultaneously pulled in multiple directions by multiple bosses. This is a great place to begin a career and gain experience, which is what the company is geared for.
Pros
Wonderful training, accessible corporate office
Cons
You will be yelled at everyday and work long long hours, more hours the higher you advance.
Great place to get experience for your future career
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 20, 2016
I have learned valuable skills such as time management, sales techniques and rebuttals, customer service problem solving, and team management.

I Love driving brand new cars around and hearing people's stories.

Higher caliber coworkers than the average entry-level job.

Cool corporate culture
Pros
full benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, options to transfer locations
Cons
long days and 45+ hours a week required
Good company to start for, great manager training program
Management Assistant/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 2, 2016
The goal of this job is to make customers happy as well as sell insurance/upgrades to them in a timely fashion. Work day at enterprise is typically 11 hours long. Pay is based on a 49 hour work week but clocking 52+ in not uncommon in my area. Co-workers are great, everyone has a similar personality. Hardest part of the job is having to be in one place for 11 hours at a time 5 days a week. The most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the satisfaction out of customers while building long lasting relationships with them. It is nice to see repeat business and when customers ask for you by name. I have learned a lot at Enterprise and I would take this job again out of college for the work experience.
Pros
Benefits, Training program
Cons
work life balance

Enterprise Holdings Reviews by Location