Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 4,888 reviews matching the search
Great for a giant company
Remarketing Inventory and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2017
As a management trainee, the #1 starting position, you are in a grueling environment. The hours are long; you are paid for 49 hours per week but with an average 20 minute commute and unpaid lunch hours, you are working closer to 60 hours a week. There is a fair amount of dealing with frustrated customers (usually due to payment issues or wait times). There is a heavy emphasis on sales of protection products to customers and it is only through high sales that one can be promoted. However, if you succeed at sales, there are many opportunities and directions to go in. There is also no minimum time requirement for almost all promotions; once you are qualified, you can apply. You will experience many different managers and management styles. The benefits offered are extremely competitive and most management positions offer a salary based on branch performance, allowing the possibility of higher than average salary.
Pros
Plenty of advancement opportunities, competitive wages and benefit
Cons
Long hours, high stress
High Energy Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2016
National/Alamo (EHI) is on of the best companies to work for. Full benefits, time off, flexibility, and company wide advancements are just some of the benefits of working for EHI. Personal and Team Development are incredibly important to direct managers as well as upper management. Hard work is definitely rewarded, from boat days on the lake, to baseball games in the fall, EHI makes sure its top performing employees know they are appreciated.

However, this job is not for everyone. The customers you meet can have a profound effect on your overall experience with EHI. Management though, makes sure the employees well-being is at the top of their priorities.
Pros
Full Benefits, Incentive pay plus hourly, Group Wide activties (dinners, bowling, holiday parties)
Cons
Late Night shifts (until last flight in arrives), very competitive hiring process
Enterprise Management Program provided a great starting point in my career and gave me the tools to develop my professional skills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I would recommend the Enterprise Management Trainee Program to anyone looking to begin their career. This program offered a very aggressive entry level position in which I learned great customer service skills, how to maximize my Sales performance, and how to manage a full business operation.
Pros
I learned all aspects of running a business.
Cons
work life balance, compensation.
It's up to you a job or career
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I interned for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Overall the Entry Level Sales job is what you make of it. There is a step by step career path to go anywhere with the company if you so desire just have to work hard, make sales, and do great on customer service.

Bad part of advancing is that it become more political and the culture does start showing its darker sides.

Good news is that there is never a boring day while in the office but the bad side is that this is a 60 hour work week job with some Saturday work as well.

Overall this place can be another job or you can make a career out of it because it is there.
Workers has to also do the managers job
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
I have learned that no matter how hard you work for this company you will never be treated like a human. If you have an illness this company will set you up and play games to get you out of the door, no matter how many years you gave to them. Co-workers are great and amazing, the workers carry the entire company not the managers. The hardest part is finding you have lost all your benefits and they fired you then rehired you without ever telling you of your termination and the rehire trick. You better not ever need medical leave from this company. If you do then make sure you defy doctors orders and get back to work asap or else.
Pros
Strong Industry
Cons
Horrible Management
Challenging and exciting work environment, more than you expected
Branch Manger (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2017
Enterprise is a great place to begin your career and develop skills that you will take with you the rest of your life. As you progress in your career you will get deeper and deeper into feeling what it is like to run and operate your own business. You are a strategic part of customer service, sales, fleet planning, training and developing, and accountability. Enterprise hires excited, motivated individuals that are competitive and driven to get to the next level.
Pros
Training, opportunities, teamwork
Excellent Starter Career
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 23, 2016
This company is definitely geared towards those fresh out of college. It does have excellent benefits and provides training for handling a variety of workplace issues. However, if you have a decent amount of experience, you will find that a great deal of things with Enterprise are redundant/frustrating. For example, their advancement structure.
Pros
Office culture, management, training
Cons
Advancement structure
MT at Enterprise
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 11, 2016
Enterprise has granted me the opportunity to learn and gain a number of skills from management, leadership, cost control, sales, and marketing. You work long hours, which leaves very little time for extracurricular activities, but overall, the experience has been positive. Sometimes upper management set unrealistic goals to be met, but you have to learn to take things in stride, and always put forth your best effort
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Ability to Learn New Skills
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Upper Management
You work hard but get rewarded
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2016
This is a great starting point for someone who is looking for their first job upon graduating college. They will help you learn excellent work ethics and how to run a business. Don't expect this to be a walk in the park as you will be working hard, long hours, and you will be competing fiercely for promotions. If you can make it past Branch Manager, you can make it a career or try to explore other aspects of the company that are not in daily rental.
Pros
Full Benefits, PTO, Decent Pay, Job Security
Cons
Great job right out of college to build your business acumen.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 14, 2016
This role was very good as a first job out of school. There is no work/life balance as you have to work anywhere from 50-60 hours per week, including weekends, especially as you get into management. However it is a great way to build a work ethic and the management training program will give you the tools you need to succeed in future roles/careers.
Pros
Great job out of school and not bad pay for a recent graduate
Cons
Long weeks, long days and they can tend to be very stressful.
Great culture and endless opportunity for growth
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to launch a career. The people make it fun and the opportunity to advance is there if you work hard. You learn the core tools of running a business, from having a competitive sales culture, to handling customer service issues. While it is a management and sales role, it is very important to the business to please accounts of the company.
Pros
Rewards and recognition for hard work. Opportunity to advance
Cons
Long work weeks, lot's of management movement
fun and flexible
Accounting Administrator, IT Business Management (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2016
I've been with the company for almost 2 years. My department is very flexible. There's a great work-life balance. The work could be more challenging. Open door policy is great with management. My group is diverse and open to change.
Pros
Great people, flexibility, discounts, growth opportunities
Cons
a lot of red tape, salary isn't competitive
Great training and advancement, but you have to put in long hours
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phx, ArizonaJuly 21, 2016
Its hard work but it pays off if you work your butt off for on average 3 years. You'll be cleaning cars and dealing with nasty customers on a regular basis. Great advancement options and training, I did not have a business background before working for Enterprise but now I feel like I have a good understanding on how a customer service oriented business really works and how to manage/run one.
Pros
friendly and fun company culture, very good training, decent benefits and pay
Cons
long hours, expected to lie to customers, people with bad reputations do not get promoted
Great Entry-Level Company
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 29, 2016
Enterprise is great for recent graduates or career change candidates. It is not the idea workplace for employees with families due to long workday hours. Compensations and benefits is reasonable for employees with little or no experience in sales/management.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Compensation
No Work/Life Balance
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 4, 2016
Right out of college this is a great company to start off if you like sales. You're promised uncapped growth although you are stuck if you can't sell coverages to customers. A typical Monday-Friday you work 6:30 am until 6:30 or 7 PM if your branch is a 7-day operation you will work 6 days a week most of the time so if you have kids, family, friends or pets I would look elsewhere. Customers treat you like you're worthless, personally I have been spit on and almost run over by an irate customer. This company has a very well organized training structure and your coworkers will be awesome but it's truly not worth the pain or salary.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, Happy hours, Work parties
Cons
Customers, No Work/Life Balance, Sales Based Promotions, Long Hours
People are great and very understanding and are willing to work with you
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2017
I really do appreciate the opportunity they gave me and it's a very laid back job. They provide me with hours to keep me afloat but requires a lot of my time It would be nice to have help but I'm the only service agent here at this location and other locations have multiple so I tend not to have help.
Pros
Rental discounts, benefits, good people, veru active
Cons
Only service agent, pay raises, long hours
Great team environment with no work life balance
Assistant Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 21, 2016
Enterprise offers a great management training program that teaches you what goes into running a business. Promotions are all performance based and there is endless opportunity for upward mobility. However, in order to be successful you have to be committed to working 12 hour days and have an extraordinary amount of patience for unreasonable and irrational customers.
Pros
Culture, compensation, benefits
Cons
Hours
not what it used to be
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 1, 2016
Enterprise is not the company it used to be. As it has grown, the "family" style business plan they advertise isn't what it has become. While it is still a great place to learn about business and how to run a business I wouldn't encourage others to look at it as a life long career but rather a place to earn valuable experience and then move on. Overall pay is average at best but the hours expected of the employees is excessive which leads to excessive turnover because of zero work-life balance. The Taylors have built a fantastic business and one they should be proud of and I would encourage them to look at their business model and determine what more they can do to reduce the hours of the team and while at the same time keeping salaries where they are.
As far as compensation goes for middle level management.... I think it is good but far too many times I see managers exceeding expectations for growth and profits only to have their commission structure "looked at" because they are making too much money. They consistently talk about how employees can make what they want as long as they earn it only to have pay cut for over performance. NOT a good way to motivate people or keep them as long term employees.
Pros
Training, compensation levels for BM and up.
Cons
Hours, hours, hours
The bootcamp to the corporate world!
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2016
Imagine shoveling cars out of snow, being in the rain all day, working like a slave and making almost the same as minimum wage! Trying to persuade customers to do what's in the best interest for the "Company" by "Taking them up top" which is a term used internally to charge customers as much as they can for a raggedy rental vehicle. This company has no values, no remorse, and I'm sure job security is not in their core values. I could go on and on about this company and the many horror stories! I would encourage new graduates to seek career opportunities else where. It seems like a great company at first but looks can be ver deceiving! The only way that you will move up in the company is to kiss a lot of back sides...and that still probably won't work!
Pros
Cons
long hours, no work life balance, terrible pay, no room for advancement
A Good job for college graduates
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2016
I believe Enterprise Holdings, is an amazing company for college graduates, the money was decent, but for all the work that was required it could be better. I loved the group of people I worked with at the Branch, we endured some tough times but overall they were awesome. Now the upper management is where the problems came in, I'm not sure they took a lot of things in consideration when it came to the Branches, or maybe it was just the area I was in. I don't believe Enterprise Holdings truly give a work balance life as they say, There were early mornings and a lot of late nights. Also, being under staff was a huge problem, which put extra pressure on others. Overall, I would say if your looking for a job right after college then try Enterprise, everyone experience is different.
Pros
car sales referrals, office contest
Cons
won't always get to go on lunch, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

Enterprise Holdings Reviews by Location