Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,435 reviews matching the search
Great place to work with energetic outgoing people
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2016
I loved the people I got to work with! We work hard and reward hard work. The work events for reward for working hard were always great and the benefits were wonderful. I loved getting to meet new people all the time and really help them.My managers were always willing to train me and take the time to mold me into someone who would succeed greatly. They are a very positive, outgoing, fun crowd to work with. The only down side was 50 hour work weeks
Pros
Great friends and place to work and experience
Cons
long work weeks
I felt like I was working with family members.
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 26, 2016
I absolutely loved every minute of this job and had I not had scheduling conflicts resulting in my having to resign, I would still be working here.

The opportunities for advancement are exponential with this company, the management is above and beyond what I would have ever expected, and my coworkers were all professional and courteous.

Customer service really drives this company and its team members and promotes a very positive atmosphere.

I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants a well paced, well managed, and fun job.
Pros
discounts on rentals, branch outings, free breakfast on Fridays (per manager), flexible schedule, professional environment
Cons
part time hour restrictions, occasionally heavy workload, understaffed at times
Robotic and nerve wrecking
Work at Home Agent (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 19, 2016
Working at home is the only thing wonderful about this job. This job is too robotic.. Calls come back to back you get no room to breath on top of the customers being demanding it doesn't help when you are already irritated. I don't recommend this job. The pay is not enough even with commission it's not worth it will all you deal with for 8 hours.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Pay is not enough for what you deal with throughout each day
Avoid unless you wanted to be driven like a slave.
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  NJMay 18, 2016
You sell your soul to the company for a mere $47,000/year. That sounds like a decent amount of dough for someone right out of school, but that number is based off of at least 55 hours/week. Hours are 7 am - 7 pm dont listen to what they try and tell you. I'd rather be collecting unemployment than continue to work here :)
Pros
NO PROS
Cons
Long hours, idiot customers, no care of the well being of their employees.
Great Entry level job, test your determination and skills..Definitely worth it
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 28, 2016
Enterprise is a great Entry level company, and could be a great career if you'd like to know how to run a business and interested in renting vehicles. Customer Service, attitude, and sales will give you a shortcut to upper managent
Pros
The experience Im learning is once in a lifetime.
Cons
Low Pay, Long Hours.
enterprise great place towork
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 25, 2016
cleaning cars most days when busy. leanered how cleaned cars really could look like. great co-workers they all strive for the best outcome. hardest park is when people return a lot of cars at the same time so youre backed up with cars to clean. best part is when you rent cars out to movies (like baywatch) & when you have to pick up cars from the sets, its pretty cool.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
I started at Enterprise as a Management Trainee. Over the year and a half I was employed their I learned great management skills as well as sales, business development and running a business. Majority of my co-workers were great people to work with and had the same passion that I did. The hardest part of the job, for me, was the hours. We worked 12 hour days with no lunch. You were also required to work weekends, which made it very difficult to have a work-life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the management training. I learned a lot over the year and half that I was there.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
work/life balance
Take control of your life,theres better ways to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 22, 2016
Extreme cold extreme heat these guys don't care. They want you to go go go so managers can get max profit for the month. See the workload increase pay is the same. See the other car prep sitting around doing nothing while you are busting your hump for a needy company, you both get paid the same. It snowed outside well get your shovel . It's 100 out o well we need these cars done. We need 4 vans done by 3,then theyll send you out to pick the vans up at 2:45 so when you get back you have to clean the 4 vans they needed an hour ago.What a joke ,if you want to get low pay just get an easier job that pays the same. The poor old timers they hire as drivers will be out cleaning cars instead of driving.I won't go into they way they profile certain customers. Bunch of back slappers.
Pros
Motivation to find better work
Cons
Lots. Stay in school kids
Great training
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
I arrive to the office at 6:30 AM. Each day consists of managing local accounts which are the local body shops. Customer service is most important. We create an environment that wants to make the work atmosphere quick and easy for everyone walking in the door. Our main job is to sell the product. Once we close at 6 PM, we must prepare for the next day by cleaning the cars.
Pros
fast paced environment, sales training, young co-workers
Cons
no lunch breaks, work life balance
Rewards hard work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 5, 2016
Enterprise will teach a lot and is great stepping stone. MT's can work 40-50 hours a week, but as you move up, work life balance isn't as cut and dry. Picking up and dropping off customers involved, washing cars occasionally (when super busy or no car preps), team environment, sales culture, ranked on a matrix and performance based incentives of course. If you're not competitive and not ok with constatntly being compared to your peers, it is not for you.
Pros
direct career path, fun company events, great culture, ability to move up quickly, rewarded for hard work
Cons
Washing cars in heat in heels, sometimes politics involved in promotion, as move up ladder work/life balance can decrease
Best manager at this office!
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 3, 2016
Most days I worked alone but was always busy. I learned to work with all types of patients and their visual needs. Management is amazing. She had a way of teaching you without making you feel inadequate. I only had one other co-worker and she was enjoyable to work with when we had the chance. The hardest part of this job was in the beginning when I was learning everything about optical. I enjoyed working with the patients and finding then eyewear that worked with their face shape and life style.
productive
Service Agent/Driver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 26, 2016
I do not work here anymore but I really enjoyed the job and every- one there. This was a good place to work. All of my co-workers were nice and respected me. While cleaning cars in the winter was difficult, because of the snow and cold weather, I did enjoy helping others (including co-workers and customers). My days started early and my time there went by super fast because I so liked my job.
Kept busy, not a very nice staff, no work life balance
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 3, 2016
This job was in at the Traverse City branch, so things may have been different somewhere else. Management was rude and not so understanding.I had some family issues and no one seemed to understand that I had to travel three hours to be with my family during those times. They did not understand the work-life balance. My job description was false, and it was not what I signed up for. The office atmosphere was gossipy, and it seemed I could not be friends with anyone. I did learn how to network, handle difficult situations involving customer, and with me being there ESQI increased 20 percent. I learned how to make effective sales, and learned a little bit about insurance.
Enjoyable work place
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIMay 3, 2016
Working at Enterprise Rent A Car was enjoyable. I would arrive to work and have cars that were returned after we closed that had to be cleaned. I would check the days rentals and clean cars according to what was going to be rented out first. Once i finished cleaning the cars i would make sure all the supplies i needed were organized and ready for when the next car would be returned. When there were no cars to be cleaned i would assist the managers in picking up and dropping off customers who needed transportation to and from the office. If the managers were busy i would also deliver or switch cars for customers.
Pros
discount on rentals
Cons
if cars were not being rented would sit around with nothing to do.
Easy job driving new cars, No raise in 2 years so i left
Driver (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 3, 2016
Enterprise changes management every few months and as a driver it sucks because no manager cares about your wage because they will be changed in a couple months. Work is easy and a waste of time. at least you get paid to waste your time.
After two years of working full time I left due to being valued and paid the same as a new employee. Lots of cool cars to drive and race in all at the expense of enterprise is what my manager told me my "raise" was.
Easy job for minimum wage.

Do not expect any sort of appreciation from management
Pros
driving fast cars
Cons
no true breaks and no raises
Careful.
all (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 5, 2016
This job is fun IF you work with fun people. But don't be fooled by the "everyone promotes based on performance". It is all based on who you know and who likes you. Family life is frowned upon. This job is great for someone single with no tie downs. I had hoped enterprise would be a Career. I'm so happy to be away from there. Not to say this will be everyone's experience. I would just be careful. Beware of yax.
Pros
looks great on a resume
Cons
Admin and area managers don't care
Nothing like washing car in summer
Management Trainee/Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLAugust 6, 2016
Good job, plenty of room for advancement, long hours, and good people. If you want to advance you have to sell the coverages. They have a great culture and lots of good people work at all the branches. Advancement will mean a long commute.
Pros
Cheap rental cars
Cons
Washing cars in dress clothes in the Summer
A great place to work
S-1 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2016
I would spend the first part of the shift by reporting to my manager and receiving instructions. The job teaches you to follow simple directions and creates responsibility. You also learn great team building skills while working every day. I truly respected each manager due to the respect I would receive from them each time I clocked in. Although some of my coworkers didn't seem as enthusiastic about the job.
A day and life at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2016
The rental car business, logistics is non-stop movement of bodies, as well as, vehicles.
The employees up to management are going 90mph and doesn't stop until you lock the doors. I liked the fast pace of the business; B2B selling and marketing. Selling face to face is so rewarding to myself, sense of capturing that "big fish."
However, your commissions are directly tied to your employees that work under you and if they fail to miss damage, lose car it comes out of your commissions...pay.

I know I can sell, and I know I can count on me to drive sells and bring in revenue, but when you have too many variables that you can' t control is where the disillusionment comes into play. All hard work can be gone in a snap.
wonderful learning experience
Management Trainee/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNApril 28, 2016
the company and the management trainee program provided plenty of learning experiences and opportunities for growth and development. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with a plethora of customers and their different personalities. the hardest part of the job was working from 7-6:30 by the time that I left the office I was drained and barely wanted to do anything outside of work. The co-workers and management were great and made getting through the day easier.

2.9