Enterprise Rent-A-Car
1,923 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

Great company for a new college grad
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Metro Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: culture, training, promotions
Cons: work/life balance, low starting pay
Promoted 4 times in first 4 years. Loved the culture and made tons of great friends there. Used it as a springboard to a career in outside sales. Learned more in the first 6 months there than I did in my entire college career.
In the beginning is was great, at the end it was awful
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: loved the rental car business
Cons: boys club--bad management
I was an excellent Branch Manager and LOVED my job until a newly promoted Area Manager took over. It was very much a "Boys Club" after that and everything went downhill.
Very enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2014
Overall Very good place to learn and grow and your coworkers are great.
Very good place to start a career in retail business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Panorama City, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment and team oriented
Cons: sometimes have really long hours
You are given full control of the business from the beginning.....well, they train you for that very thing. It is a great place to learn best practices in business.
enterprise
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Exton, PASeptember 17, 2014
Great place to start your career. The people you work with are very friendly and kind. You will have you ups and downs with customers.
OK for supplemental income
Service Agent (Current Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: easy, mindless work, get to drive all of today's makes and models
Cons: no breaks, no advancement without a degree
If you're in a busy branch, you'll get extra hours, maybe even overtime because of high volume and turnover. The job is very physical. You're cleaning cars inside and out, constantly moving, bending, standing, sitting. Occasionally you'll have to pick up customers from local shops or their homes, or drop them off. Once in awhile you have to run cars – more... for service or gas.

I liked being able to drive all different types of vehicles. Nowhere else in life will I probably ever get to drive a Cadillac lol

Forget moving up in the company unless you have a Bachelor's Degree. They don't tell you that part in orientation.

Management is OK. Most I've worked with were good at their job, but I've ran across a few complete morons who couldn't find the back of their hand with a picture and a map directing them to it. – less
A great place to start
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2014
This was the most challenging and valuable place I have worked. While it was a very underpaid and overworked type of position, you learn a lot of necessary KSA's that will make you better in every job you do afterwards.
Great job out of college
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Hebron, KYSeptember 16, 2014
I have enjoyed working for Enterprise.
They provide a realistic job preview and the interview process went very smooth.
Not a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pay and benefits were good, but no work life balance, upper management always changing, no consistency
A fast-paced work environment with a young, energetic employee base
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: variety in daily agendas, free lunch on fridays, fun, high-energy environment
Cons: multiple tasks can feel overwhelming at first, learning how to handle being yelled at by customers.
There's no such thing as a typical day at Enterprise. Some days you get in, make your coffee, forecast your day (if you hadn't the day before), ensure cars are clean, taken to maintenance, and ready before customers arrive, review your accounts receivable, and complete car deliveries as scheduled. Some days you would clock in at 7:45am, take lunch at – more... 12, come back at 1, and clock out at 6pm.

Other days you will come in an hour early to try and prepare for the day, but there are already a few customers outside ready to be helped. Between ensuring that they are happy with how you help them, the phones ringing 3 and 4 lines deep, a customer returning a damaged car, and not forgetting about the deliveries you need to do, all whilst the lobby is filling with customers and the phones are still ringing... You might not leave until well after close, didn't get lunch, and didn't clean all the cars for the next day.

After four years with the company, I can confidently say that this is the nature of this retail career. It's a mixed bag. Good with bad,I've enjoyed it overall. Enterprise is flexible with your life's needs, as long as you approach them about it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you've helped people go about their lives, be it a planned trip, or simply having a way to work despite their car being in the shop.

Prepare to utilize your multitasking skills. You will multitask for at least 8 out of your 9-10 hours each day. Management wants you to have a success story, so they can have a success story by getting you promoted.

You will wash cars in business professional attire. You will pick up and drop off customers. You will deliver cars. You will be coached by management on different sales techniques, and praised highly when you sell well. You will hear a lot of your customers' personal stories, whether you wanted to or not. You will get yelled at by customers. You will be loved by customers. – less
Car Prep
Car Prep (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: half off rentals
Cons: horrible pay and hours, especially for the amount of work that i have to do.
Maintain cleanliness of vehicles, inside and out. Drive to pick up customers.
Great and well organized team
Service Agent (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: driving, no down time with in my shift
Cons: n/a
Detailing vehicles,
highly skilled in parking and driving vehicles
Manager is lenient
Hardest part of the job, well there is no hard part
Most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily bases , allowing the conversations to endless and interesting . Also the motivation customer provide
Great Management training requiring stellar Customer Service skills.
SENIOR CUSTOMER ASST REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: promotions through sales.
Cons: long hours
The day flies due to constant state of staying busy and no one is confined to one space. Great customer service is the key to success and a day cannot be predicted.

I've acquired the knowledge to run a small business by developing skills with communication, marketing, accounting, operations, sales and above all customer service. Management and co-workers – more... have the same business mentality in focusing on goals and all have a great time doing it. Everyone I've worked with are fun and engaging!

My favorite part of the job was to market and network with other businesses to whom we provided our services. The only thing I can say was the hardest about the job was balancing school and work. Overall, a great company to work for. – less
Great company to work for.
Rental Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2014
Managing new employees, helping customers match outfits together,
Too much worker abuse
Greeter/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: not really any
Cons: union was not functional
Management does what it can to get one over on its employees constantly and then blames the union.
Resume builder
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Multiple LocationsSeptember 11, 2014
ERAC is a great resume builder and will help you learn what you really like to do.
Great Experience
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), Verona, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: really long hours, boring at times if in a slow store, low pay comparing to the hours and work you put in
A place where you can learn a lot about how to run a business. Most employees are fun to work with so the long work days don't seem as long as they actually are. Management is very supportive, great training is provided and paid.
Challenging, rewarding career
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2014
The hardest part of the job is the amount of time it consumes. However, it is a rewarding career. If you apply yourself you will learn skills that you can carry with you for the rest of your life.
Productive, fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Port, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Each day brought something new and exciting. I enjoyed the people I worked with, they were all very helpfull.
Excellent compancy to start with out of college. Great on the job training and many avenues for advancement.
Branch Management (Former Employee), Central PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: long hours, low pay, stress
I was really lucky that I started with Enterprise. Yes, we really worked long hours. Yes, the job was extremely stressful. Yes, the pay was low. BUT...I learned a lot about myself...Management techniques, sales aggressiveness, responsibility, and the list goes on.

1 2 3 4 5

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos