Enterprise Rent-A-Car

2.7K reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employee Reviews

Well rounded experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), alexandria VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great company culture
Cons: hours
Enterprise is a great company to work for. The company provides great work experience and training. The opportunity for advancement is very fast paced. Advancement and promotions are based on individual/team sales, and management ability. Enterprise has great personalities that work for the company! The hardest part about the job is the hours. You work a lot, and deal with stressful situations, and people. The job does teach you a lot of great skills that will help you in your personal and professional life.
Looooong Hours
former (Current Employee), illinoisAugust 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all
long hours and low pay. The culture is based on selling optional coverage which does not reflect the skills that translate into management. Once you sell a car which is completely random for a person who rents cars, then you may become eligible to take a 3 hour oral test in which you have to study for after working 12 hours. You have to wash cars in dress clothes, and weather makes this even worse when are required to do this in the winter. Most branches are not staffed properly. Once you leave after 12 hours of cleaning cars, giving customer service all you want to do sleep.
Car Prep/ Service Agent
Car PREP/ Service Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, get to talk to customers
Cons: Sweating, hard labor
A typical day at work is making sure all the rental cars are clean and good to drive for the customers. When not doing that, I am taking customers to their body shops or their home. Or vice versa. Excellent customer service skills while doing so.
business minded people will thrive
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), sevierville tnAugust 25, 2015
Pros: great structure great training
Cons: long hours not rewarded for it very stressful enviornment
great company that offers amazing training. Wish I would have found out about enterprise when I first graduated college. sales and marketing and on going training is essential to move up
very stable, profitable and growing company
manager (Former Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: solid management
Cons: unrealistic goals at times
great place to learn how to run a business or department, if you are young and energetic you can go far, but it will most likely involve relocation at some point.
Fun place to work and nice co workers
Car Prep/Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good work schedule.
Cons: no benefits
Nice work environment, friendly people. This type of work keeps you in good shape. The pay could be better for the work being performed.
Fun active workplace with supportive team by your side
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2015
This job was more about how you grow and not just about the numbers. There were incentives if you met a certain goal and exceeded expectations. I learned how cars work and how protection, insurance, and auto body shops work with rental facilities.
Union Haters
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), PortlandAugust 24, 2015
This is a great place to start off a career in management when you are fresh out of college. This is a fast paced environment for a travel agency.
Terrible hours.
Reservations (Former Employee), St LouisAugust 23, 2015
While management is promoted from "with-in," they are not from the departments which they were trained in. Can't truly relate to employee's day to day responsibilities.
A day at work
Detailer Cars (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great Place to Work
Cons: Healthcare was Great
The most enjoyable part of my job was make sure the customer Cars or Suv was nice and clean and ready when they got there to pick up.
BE CAREFUL
Branch Manager (Former Employee), DallasAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Long Hours, Disrespectful Managers and Customers
Its a cut throat job. People will stab you in the back to get ahead of you. Follow every rule to the letter, even though other employees do not. They will promote unethical employees over you every time. If for any reason you are not performing they will find a way to discharge you for anything. This job is almost impossible to excel at while being ethical, because you are taught from Day 1 how to be unethical.
Dynamic environment with a strong focus on customer service and sales.
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJAugust 19, 2015
Pros: The company promotes a strong work ethic and discipline.
Cons: Very poor work-life balance.
Fun work place with largely supportive management. Mostly all about the numbers, however you get time to personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Job Life
Management Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 19, 2015
Hard to keep a work life balance. I do enjoy the benefits of the company, and the ability to grow very quickly.I have gain a tremendous amount of management experience.
Hated the company
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee), Hoover, ALAugust 19, 2015
I would type of their rental contracts as well as put them into the vehicle. The hardest part of my job was the dead space in between customers.
Great job with a lot of experience and personal development opportunities
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PA and Roslyn, NYAugust 19, 2015
Enterprise is a great job to get out of college that will help any graduate quickly learn the tools necessary to successfully manage and run a company. The hours can be a challenge but the job can be very rewarding as long as you are a strong and consistent performer. The company has a strong customer service focus and compensation/promotions are performance driven. Compensation is very fair, especially at higher levels of management and advancement opportunities are numerous but can require relocation.
good employees but not full time
Car prep/ Driver (Former Employee), Chester, VAAugust 19, 2015
i enjoyed working at enterprise rent a car as a car prep/ driver. the only disadvantage was they couldnt offer full time employment and benefits. but overall a good company to work for to earn job experience.
Enjoyed working with my team and my clients
Project Manager (Current Employee), Weldon, MOAugust 18, 2015
Challenging place to work. Fast paced. I greatly enjoyed working with my team and my clients. Depending on the manager, I'd go back.
A job that always kept me on my toes.
Service Agent (Former Employee), Madison INAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Traveling for pay.
Cons: No room for advancement
Stayed super busy made the day go by so fast. Cleaning, traveling to get vehichles for customers. I Loved everyone I worked with and the fact that we traveled so Also enjoyed the customers that I got to eneract with as well. Had to leave to get more hours as well unless you had a three year college degree there was no room for advancement with the company.
It was O.K.
driver (Former Employee), Lafayette In.August 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Very Low pay, Rushed Drivers
It was O.K. at first,but they push there drivers to rush and I got a ticket. I also got called in the office and written up for things I didn't do.
Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2015
Good experience in learning how to run a business.
Enterprise does demand a heavy time commitment. Their culture is not conducive to having a family.
they have a very good training program, and management that is there to help you succeed; however after Branch Manager opportunities are very limited.
Headquarters