Enterprise Rent-A-Car
1,552 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

Productive & competitive
Management/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: lunches, sales contest with prizes
Cons: 12-hour days with a 1 hour lunch
A typical day of work consists renting cars to customers, picking people up from their homes, mechanic shops or a dealership. Making sure the office runs smoothly.
I have learned how to run my own business, sales skills and how to manage a team.
My co-workers are fun and competitive, we all keep each other in check and get our work done efficiently.
The – more... hardest part of the job is that we never get a break. We work about 60 hours a week and its demanding work.
The part I love about the job is all the people I work with and have gotten to know. – less
great work enviorment and workers - great place to learn and grow
Intern - Management Trainee (Former Employee), Westerly, RIApril 18, 2014
great place to learn and grow within the industry, no matter what you ultimately want to do, enterprise is without a doubt the best stepping stone to get you to where you want to be
DETAILER
Customer Service Representative?detailer (Former Employee), CHARLOTTE,NCApril 17, 2014
pick up and take home customers. Clean and detail cars for customers in a timely basics. Clean offices,restrooms and take out the trash.
good learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2014
Teach you a lot of valued skills. Fast paced environment. No work/life balance
Good Starter Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: discounted rates on rentals
Cons: long hours / not enough pay
Working with Enterprise has helped me gain valuable sales experience and helped hone my management/leadership skills. Enterprise helped me understand how a business is operated inside and out.
Productive and busy company to work for which was nice because you are always moving.
Management trainee Internship (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 17, 2014
A typical day started at 8 am. We would always have different task that are manager would assign to us. while we do that we had customers walk in with reservations or just wanting to rent a car. I would do the rental process while trying to sale on our coverages which was a vidil part of how we get rated. As an intern I did very well. I learned that – more... every customer is different and you need to have a different way to talk and sale. The management is good they were always there to help whenever i have any questions. My co workers were very help full they taught me ways to make sales and different ways to think about a situation. The hardest part of the job is working so hard and not getting paid what you deserve. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have a good time with your co works. We talk a lot while getting all are work done. Its a great environment – less
Enterprise Rent A Car is a very good company and is highly respected by other companies in corporate America.
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: alot of opportunity for advancement
Cons: no work/life balance
As a Management Trainee, I make business decisions that affect the branch’s bottom line. I manage relationships with external accounts while monitoring cost control so that my branch remains profitable. I deliver superior customer service and have learned techniques to strengthen my problem solving and conflict management skills. I am also equipped – more... with skills that will allow me to successfully manage, train, and mentor my own staff once I am the head of my own branch. – less
Act like college students
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVApril 16, 2014
Not a bad company if you don't mind dealing with the mentality of college students all day
Decent place for an internship
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 15, 2014
Depending on your location you could have either a great experience or a not so great experience.
Hardworking work culture
Manager (Former Employee), Rockville Cntr, NYApril 15, 2014
Pros: team work enviorment
Cons: cleaning cars in a suit
Marketing
Sales of insurance products on rentals
Dealership sales
Great entry level position
Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2014
Great work environment for young professionals. Not enough pay for the job.
Decent Place
Porter (Former Employee), Laurel, MDApril 15, 2014
Pros: driving different cars
Cons: weather conditions, there ins't a inside holding place for cars so you work outside
Great place to start off with, get a chance to meet new people along with drive sweet rides.
Fun workplace and Enjoyable Co-workers
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, fun place to work
Cons: hours, pay for workload, sometimes no lunch break
A typical day at work was very long, around 11 hours every day 5-6 days a week. I learned a lot about customer service and personal sales. I also learned a lot about leadership. My management was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed every manager and co-worker that I had. The hardest part about the job was the hours and being a single mother. Working 45-55 – more... hours a week made it very difficult on me. The most enjoyable part about my job was the people I worked with. It was the very first job that I actually enjoyed all of my co-workers and did not mind going to functions outside of work with them. – less
Very busy, long hours. But looks great on resume
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great employees and benefits
Cons: long hours, long weeks. tough to leave as they belittle you.
I got the next 3 jobs I had, all because I worked with Enterprise. The reason being, is we worked 56-60 hours a week (6 days) in direct face to face customer service.

This was a tough job. We were busy. And we worked very hard. But, it was never boring and the days went fast. Management, took us out on two weekend team building/appreciation events – more... a year. And these were great. The management really likes to party and let loose on these outings.

But, when working, management really made you feel like if you quit, then you were ruining your bosses reputation for growth and you yourself would never amount to anything if you left. They really made me feel bad for choosing to leave.

You also have to wear a suit everyday and you have to clean your rental cars in your suit. I ruined too many suits and shoes and ties during my one + year.

Since you work a ton of hours a week, they pay you little but you get overtime daily making you think youre making a lot. Plus, I never saw my significant other as I worked a ton. Also, they move you around to new locations every 3-6 months. And you always go to the airport for a few months which causes you to work terrible hours.

Room for growth is promised but tough to do as work is just too much.

If you need a resume builder then this is your best bet. If you need money, then continue looking. – less
n/a
Car Detailer/Transporter (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDApril 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Pickup and drop off tentative and current customer for vehicle rental. Wash, vacuum and detail rented vehicles after drop off. Inspect rented vehicles for damages and repairs after use.
fast pace job
Service Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
serviced rental cars took returned cars to be clean and clean cars to be rented
Fun, hard-working place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: grunt work
You will work your butt off on this job. It involves full cycle rental customer service to rental clients.
teaches a lot about business
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), birmingham alApril 13, 2014
Pros: great management program potentially good salary very professional
Cons: long hot hours wearing long sleeves and neck ties in hot blazing heat
good place to work learn a lot about how to run a successful business
Productive, fun atmosphere
Enterprise - Management Trainee (Current Employee), Brandon, MSApril 13, 2014
I rent cars each day, and encourage customers to buy protection plans to make sure they are driving worry free.
Good place to develop skills for future opportunities
Management (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: looks good on a resume
Cons: low pay, low work life balance, high pressure
You will learn business and sales skills that will open doors for better opportunities elsewhere. Complete the training program and accomplish a few things over two or three years and you should have no problem marketing yourself to a better company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos