Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2,397 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car United States Employee Reviews

Large company for the trully dedicated
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), corporateApril 25, 2015
Pros: good support and good entry pay
Cons: long hours and high demands
It's a fine company with lots of potential for personal growth, if you're willing to sacrifice for it. I spent time in both the rental side and corporate. The rental side is where the money is but corporate had better work life balance. In my opinion, if you have a family or cherish time with them, working in the rental side of the company will not give you a great work life balance. But if its just you and you're looking out for #1 and want $$$, then rental is the place to be. Happy Hunting
n/a
Service Agent (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2015
The job I work at has a strong team wit nice people. They help you with new ways to lean how to do thing different. The management team is great to work with and very nice people. I never had to do anything that was hard at my job an I also enjoy every min at my job because of the people I work with.
Culture of hard work
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Able to control your own work, opportunity for promotion
Cons: All about sales figures, pay is not very high
If you get lucky enough to have a good branch manager and others who work hard and are friendly, the long days can go by very fast and the time is enjoyable. Very busy, competitive, and a corporate culture that is all about sales figures first
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/Lot Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2015
Good job for young people looking for a self identity and good work ethic. Really enjoyed working with new people and acquiring great multi tasking skills.
Great Management
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2015
You will learn how to manage a team, large or small, through many obstacles. You will also, naturally, begin to care about customer service and what that means for return business.
Professional place to work.
Supervisor Accounting / Payroll Shared Services (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2015
Enterprise creates a professional environment and has provided opportunities for career developlment. When I began my current position, the training program was well thought out and gave opportunity for new ideas to be introduced. The hardest part of the job is the tight deadlines that need to be met on a biweekly basis. The most enjoyable is the people and the culture in my department.
SO, you wanna know bout Enterprise???
Account Manager (Enterprise Truck Rental) (Current Employee), CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Helpful Managers, Rock solid training program, lunch break sometimes, occasional 48 hr workweek as opposed to normal 60
Cons: pay, always short staffed, everything always changing
So here I am 2 years into my career with Enterprise. Moved through the management program and got promoted to Assistant Manager @ 12 months with the company. I was Assistant Manager for about 8 months. Then moved to a different division and they moved my pay down to where I started at day one. I tried to negotiate to at least give me a little more since I'm fully capable of running the branch on my own at any time along with bringing in accounts and passing all he management tests. They said no, so Im back at 36k a year. (9k pay cut). Definitely some all american corporate grind at its finest going on. They roll through so much volume of people that negotiations is out of the picture. But rest assured if I pass another, yes another series of tests il get a small pay bump. If you find anyone over the age of 30 and have been with the company for about 6 to 8 years, they are most likely bald and are some of the hardest working people you will EVER meet. With a requirement of 48 hours (minimum, and yes minimum) and a starting 36k with a college degree, you can bet your sweet a#% you will be earning every second of experience you will gain here. If you aren't cleaning cars cause your prep quit then helping 93 customers yourself cause your office team quit then having your area manager appear out of nowhere to bust your butt cause your customer service score is low...then you aren't working at Enterprise. Yes folks this is the gauntlet. Coming out of college as a business major with no experience, Enterprise scooped me up when all others gave me the shaft (yes you, Qualtrics). I was – more... shaking and quivering when they told me about the hours and pay, but was bound and determined to stick with it. And I did. Until what just happened with the pay cut of course. But hey, I posted my resume a day ago and already received 4 emails with something to the effect of... " Hi there, I like your experience with Enterprise, lets talk". So, all in all when I started with the company it was 90% for the experience and 10% for the pay. If it was the other way around I would have been gone by week 2. Never have I worked harder in my life and learned more about how to run a business. I never had trouble getting help from my immediate managers and have met some awesome friends and mentors. And yes, the experience was worth the heartache. But unfortunately I have no choice but to be on the lookout. – less
Good people to work with
Management Trainee (Former Employee), hawaiiApril 23, 2015
It is a fast paced job that makes you think on your feet, you learn a lot about running a business from your managers, the hardest part of the day is when you get a disgruntled customer. Working with coworkers for the most part make the day enjoyable
Fun Atmosphere, No Work/ Life Balance
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 23, 2015
Interact with customers and take them through the rental process. Go on marketing and sales calls. Very fast paced job and most of the time you do not even get to take a lunch.
GREAT SERVICE
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Shaker Heights, OHApril 22, 2015
GREAT COMPANY FOR A COLLEGE GRADUATE. LOTS REASON TO GROW.MANAGEMENT TRAINEE PROGRAM HAS A LET OF OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH. ENTERPRISE IS A COMPANY THAT PROMOTE OFF RELATIONSHIP
needs improvement
Manager (Current Employee), grand prarie, texasApril 22, 2015
There needs to more involvement of employees, and management needs to be more involved in developing the employees for the future.
not easy
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 22, 2015
Cons: long hours
the work is hard and long. but the skills you learn prepare you to do anything afterward. can be promoted easily. lots of room for advancement.
Learn A Lot
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Training and Staff
Cons: Work Life Balance, Hours, Salary
If you are willing to work long hours, wash cars, don't like a work life balance, and like making minimum salaries then this is the job I would recommend.

You do lean a lot but you give up a lot to do so.
Great company, just not for me
Anonoymous (Former Employee), AnonoymousApril 21, 2015
Pros: The people are great
Cons: Everything else!
Great company to work for, most of the people were great! I learned a lot while I worked there, but I had no work/life balance. You work like a slave, I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. Management is so caught up is their little titles, they don't realize working their employees to death. Which doesn't help the branches overall sales. Don't get sick! They make you feel like you're the devil!

Be more realistic and hire more part time employees, at least one in each branch!
Good company to work for
Corporate Learning Management (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 21, 2015
The management training program is a great opportunity to advance and grow with a company on a corporate level. This company definitely has room for growth. I have learned how to deal with customers on a professional level and resolve issues in management.
A great starter career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2015
its a great place for college students to step in to the "real world". With any company it has its flaws but the good almost always out way the bad. Its a family setting but like every family you don't always get along. I appreciated my time here but I felt as though I reached my full potential here.
I fulfilled every responsibility typical of a manager running their own business.
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: Salary, work ethic built, learned how to run a business
Cons: no work/life balance, High stress
I learned how to operate and function within my own business. From Interviewing, to scheduling, to training new employees. To doing outside sales calls, to collecting Accounts Receivables, to managing a team of up to 8 people at one time. The hardest part was the stress due to work/lfe balance NOT existing. I worked about 60 hours weekly on average as a manager, sometimes going in on a Sunday with my child to make sure my branch was prepared for Monday morning, because staffing during the week did not permit.
enterprise
Management Trainee (Former Employee), North Versailles, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: people experience
Cons: long hours
very long hours, and working every other Saturday for not alot of compensation. great place to start a career and move up but it all depends on the customer service and area of your customers surveys on your service.
Great training program
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2015
Enteprise has a great management training program as its one of the best in the country. It has now opened my options to other job offers.
Decent place with opportunity for growth as long as you're completely committed
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, Clayton, Smithfield, Garner, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Overtime guaranteed, Drive brand new cars, Great co-workers
Cons: No work/life balance, difficult to be promoted, no facial hair allowed, only white collared shirts (no exceptions), slow computers
A typical day at work consists of being at the branch around 6:30am or 7am depending on your location. We close at 6pm, however, we generally leave around 6:30pm, later if more work has to get done. You do get paid overtime, typically on a 50-60 hour workweek. Enterprise taught me about running a business, however, it is very restricting on giving you the tools needed to make your own paycheck. The management style is situational, there is always a constant shift in management due to promotions, lateral moves, and frequent resignations and terminations.
The best part of ERAC, by far, is the people that you work with, it literally keeps the job from crushing you. You meet people from all different aspects of work and backgrounds. Spending 11 hours a day with some one 5-7 days a week will allow you to really get to know each other and co-workers begin to feel like family.
The hardest part of the job is the horrible lack of work/life balance. You are there 12-13 hours per day, about 4-10 hours on the weekends. There are constant updates and changes in promotion policy, which makes it difficult to be promoted. The retention rate is also a huge problem, thus making the entire company understaffed at all times. The computers are also extremely slow to be such a huge and profitable company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around your co-workers and being able to test drive all of the newest vehicles since they keep a fleet of the most recent vehicles of all classes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Salaries