Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2,421 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car United States Employee Reviews

Great training program
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2015
Enteprise has a great management training program as its one of the best in the country. It has now opened my options to other job offers.
Decent place with opportunity for growth as long as you're completely committed
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, Clayton, Smithfield, Garner, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Overtime guaranteed, Drive brand new cars, Great co-workers
Cons: No work/life balance, difficult to be promoted, no facial hair allowed, only white collared shirts (no exceptions), slow computers
A typical day at work consists of being at the branch around 6:30am or 7am depending on your location. We close at 6pm, however, we generally leave around 6:30pm, later if more work has to get done. You do get paid overtime, typically on a 50-60 hour workweek. Enterprise taught me about running a business, however, it is very restricting on giving you the tools needed to make your own paycheck. The management style is situational, there is always a constant shift in management due to promotions, lateral moves, and frequent resignations and terminations.
The best part of ERAC, by far, is the people that you work with, it literally keeps the job from crushing you. You meet people from all different aspects of work and backgrounds. Spending 11 hours a day with some one 5-7 days a week will allow you to really get to know each other and co-workers begin to feel like family.
The hardest part of the job is the horrible lack of work/life balance. You are there 12-13 hours per day, about 4-10 hours on the weekends. There are constant updates and changes in promotion policy, which makes it difficult to be promoted. The retention rate is also a huge problem, thus making the entire company understaffed at all times. The computers are also extremely slow to be such a huge and profitable company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around your co-workers and being able to test drive all of the newest vehicles since they keep a fleet of the most recent vehicles of all classes.
productive but easy
Detailing (Former Employee), MOApril 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches and free car cleaning
Cons: part time
a typical day at enterprise is fairly easy. working with enterprise I've learned how to be more patient and to drive more street appropriate
Good place to start off
Management Assistant (Current Employee), Northeast OhioApril 19, 2015
Long hours, demanding job, but you really do learn a lot about how to run a business. You learn skills that you can transfer to other places,
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDApril 18, 2015
Everyone in the company treats you like family. It is a great work environment. The pay is great and there are chances for raises.
Very good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), lakeland flApril 17, 2015
Really teaches and gives the tools you would need to run your own business. I really enjoyed my time with Enterprise. As an Assistant Manager I was responsible for training and developing new employees. I was also in charge of local marketing for our store. I would go out daily to local body shops, dealerships, insurance office, and vehicle repair shops to get new business. I was very successful in doing this.
Enterprise Thoughts
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Elizabeth NJApril 17, 2015
Pros: Fast pace, Competitive, advancement depends on you
Cons: Long work days, work life balance not equal
Great company to learn the structure of a business, and you are ambitious. Ideal for college students right out of college with business degrees. Even though the workdays are very long if you have a good team you will have fun.
Fun and easy
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAApril 17, 2015
I liked it at enterprise we all worked as a team i got along with all off my co workers and met many different people and driven alot of different cars
Fun, Challenging and long hours
Branch Manager (Former Employee), texasApril 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, the people you work with, happy
I love working for Enterprise. The people you work with bring you up and truly enjoy life. The benefits are some of the best and with hard work and dedication you can have a good salary over a couple of years. You will learn how to run a successful business but you also realize that you lose out on family time. This is the one drawback that I have found working for Enterprise is the work-life balance piece. I typically get to work at 7AM and leave between 6:30 or 7. You are always busy and will become a multi-tasking expert especially if you make it to management.
Nice Pay but the management and workload is HORRIBLE!!!
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Redlands, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Make decent money $11.50 an hour, sometimes you will get free food, you get a 1 hour lunch, and you get your own cubicle to work at
Cons: Corporate office is right next door, customers are absolutely ungrateful and rude, managers are no help whats-so-ever, co-workers are backstabbers and tattle tails, and the job is absolutely stressful
Probably the WORST place I have ever worked and the WORST job I have ever had…..

I am never one to complain especially about a job but this job was so stressful and dreadful that I needed to share this with people who are looking to apply for this position.
First of all, you will be on the phone 24/7 and you are forced to meet the requirement of having a 100+ calls days with a call time of 2 minutes on top of being on the computer and faxing paperwork. You are also the face of every airport in Southern California meaning you technically have over 150+ managers that over see you. Doesn't seem to hard?? Well, when you have customers calling and complaining, asking too many questions, or simply wasting your time on the phone because they are talking to other people in the background while trying to speak to you or arguing with you it is very hard to get off the phone within 2 minutes.
Secondly, almost every customer that calls needs to "Speak to a manager" either it's an emergency (even tho 5 times out of 10 it is not) or they want they to file a complaint. Of course you get your typical regular calls as your job duty like customers calling cause they have questions or need a quote on a car for a reservation, or need to extend for extra time in the vehicle. But...Hope and pray they are not calling to file a complaint, especially about you because if the managers find out a customer is filing a complaint about you even though it was most likely not your fault and beyond your control..managers will throw you under the bus and you will be yelled at or contacted by the corporate – more... office regardless what the situation is or was. After 3 complaints they will fire you especially if they didn't like you to begin with. Best believe you will get complaints either from a customer, another manager, or a co-worker regardless how good of a worker you are thats just part of dealing the people and the job.
Thirdly, The managers will tell you over and over "we are here to help to you" but its complete lies and bs. Anytime you go to them for help they are rude, sarcastic, or do not want to help because they do not feel like dealing with the situation or the customer and they will flat out tell you to your face they do not want to take over your call or that they will not speak to the customer or give them a call back. Very rarely will they be glad and happy to help you when you need it. Not to mention, the managers like to choose favorites and when a manager sees you mess up on anything, or gets any bad reviews or complaints they will make it known not only to you but in front of the entire office. They also like to talk about you behind your back to other airport managers, corporate managers, and also to your own co-workers. You cannot rely or trust your co-workers no matter how "close or nice" they are. If you mess up by any means or are doing something they do not like they will easily tell the managers or talk about you behind your back to other employees. The whole office loves to gossip!!

Worst part about the job is that yes you get over-time but not once do the managers appreciate it..they expect it. You can work 40 hours plus because they are short staffed, you can be the best worker in there and be the sweetest you can be and the managers, customers, and co-workers will tear you apart…you will go home everyday mad and mentally exhausted. I went home everyday telling myself.. I worked soooo hard I busted tail but why am I even bothering to do it? Why should I bother trying to be the best and work the most I can when it is literally for nothing. For anyone to say that and feel like is sad. You will eventually feel that way because they treat people the same regardless what effort or extra you do not only for the managers themselves but for the company.

This is just half of what I have to say……My best advice for anyone planning to apply for this job is to not apply. If you do decide to go for it focus on your work not making friends especially your new, work your hardest but never more than you should because you won't get anything out of it, try your best to hold your tongue when you have customers cussing and going off on you everyday sometimes call after call, do not let anyone know your business keep your personal life to yourself, and do not make friends with co-workers they will backstab you….. – less
Great starting point
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Too many hours, demanding customers
Enterprise has a strong training program. Overall the work/life balance was not there. They have demanding hours, and demanding customers, and little support from management.
Not too bad.
Service Agent (Current Employee), Smithtown, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Driving different vehicles.
Cons: Capped at 25 hrs per week.
Workload at times was overwhelming because i work at a flagship store. Other than that it is not a bad job for a college student who needs some cash.
Day to day
Management Trainee (Current Employee), SeattleApril 14, 2015
Enterprise is an energetic place to work with great coworkers. However they are very long days and it is a sales job before anything else. If you are not interested in sales this job is not for you.
Productive Work Enviornment with room to grow
Sales Avg. For Day/Week (Former Employee), Bohima NyApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, test drove all the newest car models, discounts on rentals
Cons: didnt recive all health care benifits
A typical day at work I would come in retrieve all drop off cars and log them in to out computer data base. then I would check the reservations for the day and begin to set up and decided which customer would get which car. when customers would come in I signed contracts t them for the car rental that was being issued and compared sales through out the week and which cars where popular to rent. I learned a lot about sales and marketing. my co-workers where very nice energetic individuals who always made the work enjoinment fun. the hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy a customer when we didn't have the car the wanted available, the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to test all the new cars for the year.
Service Agent/Driver (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 14, 2015
I love it. Its a very good job, Good Pay, And guaranteed hours. Its a very simple job, Just driving and cleaning cars.Co workers are really nice as well.
Long hours/ micro management
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), virginiaApril 14, 2015
Enterprise used to be a great company to work for, now promotions are based on how short a period of time you have been there and how much they don't have to pay you. The people you work with are great upper management is only in it for themselves.
Work You to the Bone or Until You Crack
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Every Job Will be Worth Trying After This Mess
Cons: Everything
There's a reason the staff is in their early twenties. You have to give your soul to this place to survive. Pay is low, hours are long and the work is really hard. It's the military of corporations.
Good place to start a career in Management
Management Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good starting salary
Cons: sometimes long orking hours
With Enterprise Rent a car you are assured of movong up the Management Ladder because they train you to be a manager and take up leadership positions at the top provided you work hard and understand the business in and out.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a very productive, and fun workplace environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kinston, NCApril 12, 2015
Pros: One hour lunch breaks, travel at Company's expense.
Cons: Part-time, no benefits.
My last review that I received was absolutely outstanding! My customers love me so much, that they ask for me by name whenever I'm not currently in their presence. My boss says that I have an infectious positive attitude, that brightens the entire office daily. Three years and counting, I'm proud to call each, and every one of my coworkers "my team."
Churn and burm
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2015
Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm Churn and burm

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Salaries