Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2,194 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

It was ok
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
I was an MT for 2 years, It was a so so experience for me. Real hard work for low pay. I got stuck at a body shop and was unable to hit my numbers so I didn't get promoted. Hence my MT status Management Trainee.
ok company
Service Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, College Park, Hapeville GAJanuary 11, 2015
great company but young management abuse power! rotate office staff every 4 to 5 months, so don't get comfortable at your location! Clear cars, drivers,7.50 to 8.00 part time around 320 every two weeks
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: financial/job security, promotability
Cons: work/life balance, pay
I started as a Manager in Training, within 1 year of being with the company, I was promoted to Assistant Branch Manager. Within 1 year of being Assistant Branch Manager I was promoted to Branch Manager, Lincoln, Ne branch. After 1.5 years of being a Branch Manager in Lincoln, Ne, I was promoted to the Omaha Airport as a Branch Manager over Enterprise, National, and Alamo Rent-A-Car. I have been at the Omaha Airport for 7 months. I directly oversee 34 employees, 3 Assistant Branch Managers, and multiple service agents and drivers. I manage all ages, all ethnicities, set goals, report costs and profits, and set the schedule for all employees. I also train and develop all employees, overseeing the progress of each individual. I have set different programs to help with promotions, pay, and also commission tiers. I currently manage and operate over 1,500 cars, with profitability being over $100/car.
Great place to start and or stay for your career.
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, company car options, you can move up quickly, you affect your own pay with performance.
Cons: can be long hours. pockets of micro management can be a grind.
Fantastic company. The head and shoulders above the rest leader in the car rental industry. You work hard and get rewarded for hard work. You will have the ability to work on your own as if you owned the business yourself.
N/A
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I choose not to elaborate on the review. It wasn't for me and we'll leave it at that. There are plus and minuses, but at the end of the day, I had to move on to find something that made me happy.
Great place to advance your career
Flagship Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Lots of opportunity, but constantly understaffed in the branches
it is a job I can keep as long as I do not have another accident.
Driver (Current Employee), logan airportJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: some days are nice
Cons: some days are rainy and cold
Every day is a long hard day outside that is why I want to change.
Very fast pace
Management Intern (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Required to wear dress shirt and tie daily. Hours were great. Very fast pace environment where you deal with multiple different types of people. A lot of logistics and planning. You are always on your feet doing something; writing tickets, washing cars, driving to pick up and drop off customers. great training and room for advancement!
Good Job begining job out of college
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: job security, benefits, good people
Cons: long hours, politcal promotion structure
I was hired as an MT right out of college and I was happy with the training and skills they taught me. The hours and work life balance was the biggest challenge for me.

Be aware while this is a "Management Job" the first and primary concern of any manager is how well you sell the additional insurance products on every rental.

Considering almost everyone nowadays has their own insurance the largest part of your training after learning the business model and software is learning how to convince people that their own insurance isn't good enough and that they have to buy the company's for piece of mind.

If your not comfortable selling in that kind of atmosphere then stay far away because all promotional opportunities are based on how high your insurance sales percentages are.
branch corparate account manager
Branch Corporate Account & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), columbi,scJanuary 7, 2015
responsible for finding and maintain new accounts
help implement new marketing tactics
A good position on paper
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: gainful employment
I can honestly say that it is not a bad place to work if you are 22 years old and right out of school. There is a lot of rhetorical corporate nonsense in training. They pretty much throw you in the fire and see how you do. There are a LOT of sales techniques that are, in my opinion, questionable. Not that they encourage these practices in training, they do not. The reality is that it is very difficult to get ahead in the culture if you are not a bit of a dirt bag.
Monthly Outtings
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Helping Customers
Data Entry
Learning Different Futures On Different Vehicles
Customer Service
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Customer Service Rep / Corp Accts Liaison (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Great company to work for and they are very family oriented.
Fun and competitive environment to work in with opportunity for advancement.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), frankfort, kyJanuary 5, 2015
Enterprise has given me the foundation to succeed in the business world. With no prior sales experience, I was thoroughly trained and became a top performer each month. Upper management invests in each employee and they want you to succeed. Within two years with the company, I received two promotions, and am now assistant manager. I manage five employees and am responsible for their performance, as well as the performance for the two branches.

The one thing about working for Enterprise is the work/life balance. A typical day begins at 7am and ends shortly after 6pm. You also have to work every other Saturday.

There is plenty of opportunity for promotions, especially if you are willing to move.
Great Management Training
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOJanuary 4, 2015
Enterprise has helped developed me into a great manager, able to run daily operations on my own, train a team, and run my own business. A typical day at work involves me planning fleet, logistics for deliveries, training and development of employees, working Accounts Receivables, marketing to accounts, and much more.
Great Part Time Job!!!
Service Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great relaxed place to work
Cons: part time only
Great part time job. Make money simply by having a license and a good driving record.

Job duties:
Clean exterior and interior of vehicles, staging, pick up and drop off customers, fill cars with gas, check fluid levels, fill out clean car check list, and taking cars to dealerships for recalls and maintenance.

Typical day:
A typical day is showing up on time, management has an energizing discussion about daily goals, and then we open up the store with all of the service agents being sent out for the various things I mentioned above.

Coworkers and management:
Coworkers are great and so are management. Everyone including my boss was younger than me, but that's not a problem. We all got to know and appreciate each other very well.

Enjoyable part of job:
I greatly enjoyed doing whatever I could to improve my quality of work and help out everyone just to see what everyone did together making a big difference for the branch.

Hardest Part of Job:
Getting lost every now and again when returning to the branch from a never been to before location (frustrating).
Entry-level employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: resume building opportunity
Cons: pay and opportunity for advancement
Great way to start my career just out of college. A good stepping stone to understand what business is like that looks great on any resume. Instilled so many variations of how the business world works.
Upbeat, chaotic environment
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: overtime was always available, drive nice cars
Cons: early mornings, understaffed
There was no telling what a typical day at Enterprise entailed. We had reservations, but really had very little idea if we would have a vehicle for them to rent. I learned customer service, sales, marketing, operations management, management skills, and organizational skills. My management team and co-workers became some of my best friends, inside and outside of work, as we were very close and open at all times. The hardest part of my job was turning down customers who did not qualify to rent a vehicle, as you could see the look of disappointment on their face. The most satisfying part of the job was helping out a customer who was in extreme need of a vehicle.
Not bad Not Great
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Rogers, ARJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: growth, advancement, customer service exp, sales exp
Cons: long hours, deal with idiots, never get comfortable at a branch because they move you.
Good company to work for however long hours and too much moving around.
Great place
Car Prep (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 2, 2015
Excellent work environment. Management is very helpful. I have learned a lot about working in a team setting. Every member of the team is valuable throughout the work day.

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos