Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2,254 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

Great starting place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Enterprise Rent A Car was a great spring board/ starting point. This company has a great training program covering: sales, marketing, management, logistics, and operations
professional place to work
Claims/Repair Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2015
professional place to work with advancement opportunity. management willing to listen to employees and eager to improve
Friendly daily competition in sales among co-workers
Summer Intern in Sales and Management (Former Employee), Westwood, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Fast paced corporate driven office on the auto-mile in Westwood, Ma. Hardest part of job was learning the (Point of Sale) system but afterwards, it became fun and challenging increasing personal sales numbers.
Team atmosphere with a focus in training.
Risk Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day consists of creating and updating reports that Macomb and Oakland county branches use to advise on daily. I work directly with branches offering advice and coaching on best practices for controlling the everyday risks in running a business. I received training in risk management, human resources, Microsoft Excel and accounting. We have a team atmosphere in the office and a culture that everyone is there to aid and assist in any questions, for any department. The most challenging part of my job is to keep the branches motivated, while offering guidance to executing our policies correctly. I do my best to have an open door policy and be a supportive coach, as opposed to a demanding one. I believe all my branches feel confident that they can come to me with any questions and know that it is a judgmental free atmosphere, where we are all learning together. My goal is that the employees feel as if they are growing their self and career while with our company.
Required for manager trainees to wash cars several times a day.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: experience talking with all types of people. fast paced environment.
Cons: had to wash vehicles, had to pick up customers, not enough cars on the lot at times to rent out
A typical day at work consisted of getting into the office at around 6:30 AM to check in the vehicles that were dropped off the night before. We had to get the keys out of the key drop box we had in the front and put them in the system to then figure out who rented what vehicle. We walked around the vehicle to check for any damages and if nothing was wrong with the vehicle we would close them out and charge them for the rental. We were also assigned to pick up customers at the body shops and bring them back to the office so they could pick out a vehicle for them to rent according to their insurance. Management was not too organized. We were at times short staffed so we had to go and actually wash the cars ourselves. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell extra insurance coverage on our vehicles. The prices per day were really expensive therefore it was hard to sell these extra protection products to the customers but I managed to do well.
Not a job if your looking for advancement unless you are in management.
Car Agent (Current Employee), Beaufort SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: drive all the new cars.
Cons: no money to make.
All I got to say is three years and no raise. People that has been there longer than you do less work. Different branches offer different pros and cons.
loved it
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAFebruary 3, 2015
got fired as an example for stuff I didn't do. bull stuff. that's all not much more to say. give it a try. really low retention
productive work environment
Assistant Management (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Job taught me about forecasting, sales, and management skills for business operations. Analyzing spreadsheets comparing business operations with other branches by fleet size. Customers are always first and making sure that they are pleased and completely satisfied with our service
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Taking incoming calls from customer they where trying to make a online purchase or have any question about the company. take calls about roadside issues. help beginning aget with customer service skills
Energetic and stimulating work environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2015
Hard-working workplace with many competitive and like-minded individuals who are always willing to listen and help. Long hours, but unlimited potential for advancement and pay increase.
Very Dependent - overall a fun place to work for a student
VSA (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, one hour break
Cons: rare free lunches, low pay, cleaning up after people
The experience will vary depending on who is managing the office at the time and who your co-workers are.
Overall, there isn't a lot of responsibility other than customer safety and the condition of the cars.
Management can be tight sometimes, but they are understanding and willing to work with students.
The most enjoyable part about working at Enterprise as a VSA is having time to your thoughts without being interrupted. It can be peaceful at times. Other times it can be chaotic.
Management trainee
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Constant customer service making sure the customers are always happy. Renting cars, enjoyed driving the brand new cars.
Learning sales skills trying to promote the better cars.
Have only worked there for 2 weeks, not much of an opinion yet.
Car Care Technician (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Typical day is fast paced. Frequent turn over of rental cars keeps the Car Care Techs busy. Get to meet many customers as I also drive them to pick up their own vehicles. Management is good and co-workers are friendly.
Productive Place to work.
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Edwardsville, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Fast paced environment.Typical day involves looking at reservation lists and having an active plan as to how to obtain needed vehicles in order to meet the customers expectations.Sometimes it is necessary to wash cars and pick up customers.
Great start-up job
Customer Service Representatives (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: hours/pay
A great jump start on your future career. Very intense work days. Benefits are better with growth in the business. Advancement within the company is possible, but will take quite some time. Entry level workers take on more duties than management in most cases. No commission. Hours are not good at all. Great learning experience.
do not get a job here
Customer Assistance Rep (Current Employee), Coos Bay, ORJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: discounted car rentals
Cons: no reliable breaks, poor management stressful
I am currently an employee at Enterprise Rent a Car,
Do not get a job here, You never get you law required breaks,
they hire young managers that have no experience and are cocky and dont listen or care about anyone but themselves. they make you over book reservations so on busy days you could run out of cars for the last half of the day and most of the time dont have a way to gain more. so the customers with the reserations are SOL and then you as the customer assistance rep has to deal with it. my manager is terrible. my other coworkers are the best.
GOOD CO.TO WORK FOR
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Louis MOJanuary 28, 2015
GOING TO WORK EVERYDAY,DOING A GOOD JOB GOT ALONG WITH ALL MY COWORKERS.MY JOB WAS VERY EASY-MY MANAGER WAS GREAT PERSON TO WORK FOR
All about numbers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: management skills
Cons: overworked
you learn a lot about customer service and running a business. Your manager can make you, or break you. Some managers are very negative and that can slow down your progress.
Productive, Can be fun
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE INTERN (Former Employee), williamsport, PAJanuary 28, 2015
The job itself was great experience , however management could be better. There's way too much pressure on pushing sales without any help really to get better. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and learning new tasks such as auditing and using the new software. The hardest part of the job is keeping your numbers up. A typical day starts at 7:45am you clean cars you fill them up with gas, do some auditing, call shops for updates on vehicles being fixed, called customers to see how the rental was for them, drop vehicles off at different businesses and such.
fast paced environment
Management/Sales (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: work life balance
The people were the best part about working with Enterprise. The work life balance at Enterprise is horrible. My wife constantly complained how many hours I worked every week. The fun thing about work was everyday was different and it was always busy so the hours went by fast.

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos