Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2,068 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Employer Reviews

Team Enviroment
Enterprise Management Trainee (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2014
Pros: benifits, advancement
Cons: stand all day long, no breaks, salery low
Excellent management training program, work hard and can move up through the company quickly
Fast pace environment with growth possibilities
Management Trainee - Daily Rental Department (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 19, 2014
Pros: fast paced, never bored, advancement opportunities
Cons: work life balance, lack of lunches (airport setting), working with a younger culture
This employer is excellent to work for if you're looking to get your feet wet in the entry level position of business/sales and fresh out of college. The challenges are working with the public in a high stress environment and the most enjoyable parts of this career are pleasing your customers.
Good Company Bad Ethics
Customer Service / Reservations (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2014
I worked for this great company that offers competitive prices. I loved my job but due to the economy they shut down our location and did not inform us until they shut down. A couple of months before they shut down they promised "at home jobs" Come to find out I went to go to work one day and they handed me a box and a recommendation letter and let – more... me know I no longer had a job. – less
Fun and intensive place to work
Rental Branch Manager (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: training, hard work, ability to run my own business, family owned company
Cons: work/life.
A typical day at work begins at 630-7am and ends about the same time in the PM. Some locations are great and do not work on saturdays and sundays. The company is moving towards a 7 day work week and longer work schedules (yes there are lots of flex times). Benefits are great but until management level is reached the payoff is small. If you are with – more... the company for more than 4 years and are not promoted to manager (or other part of company) then you are working too hard and there are other companies that will pay more and work less. All co-workers are college grads, like to have a good time, and are willing to work hard with you. What i learned is to work with people (co-workers and customers) and most importantly confidence in myself. Hardest part of the job is working with an office of people who do not want to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are confident, results driven, and who rally behind a common theme. My experience was a real "family" environment. This assumes you have and Area Manager that shows advocacy for their team. – less
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TEAM APPRECIATION
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Current Employee), Gardena, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great team work, learn to run your own business
Cons: long hours
Responsible for understanding cost control, reading my branch's P&L
statement, and understanding what it takes to run a profitable business
Gain responsibility for developing new business and maintaining current
relationships
Effectively communicate, influence, and interact with all types of
customers, vendors and co-workers
Deliver superior customer – more... service – less
Very demanding job
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: discounted car rentals
Cons: no work/life balance
Very busy and fast paced. Excellent opportunity to learn about running a business.
Sucks the life out of you
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 16, 2014
You will receive mixed reviews about working for the green machine. Overall, it is the same thing day in and day out. Meet new people, hear new stories, and pushing stuff most employees don't entirely believe in selling. After six years it was apparently their loyalty to a loyal employee was based on one single number vs the amount of money that employee – more... had made for the company and how good of a manager they could have actually been. If you like to work in nice clothes and get them dirty, lie to peoples faces, and use shady tactics to get numbers that get management off your back, this is the place for you. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work as everyone was focused on customer service.
A Good Start
Rental Agent (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2014
Enterprise helped me gain experience in areas like Operations, Management, Sales and Customer Service. You also network with corporate accounts, insurance companies and body-shops. In my opinion it is a great company to start with.
This job can be exhausting employees work long shifts every day without having a lunch brake. Management will concentrate – more... a lot on your sales and customer services since their bonuses are based on these month to month. There was an occasion when a manager wrote up a new hire that had two weeks because he wasn't able to sale as he was expecting too. In order to motivate managers in training and intern to sell they will promise all kinds of rewards like free lunches and gift cards but those never come. All Employees at the airport, at least in El Paso, are the only ones that get rewarded with bonuses if they meet or exceed corporate average scores in costumer service and sales.
The branches are always short staff and the overload of work overwhelms employees. If they don't have service agent to clean cars you would have to clean cars and be at the counter with the customer but you need to make sure that every single one of them is waiting for a reasonable amount of time.
I am a part time rep but I have performed at my fullest so they had me running satellite branch and it made me realize how much potential I have as a employee. I never had a compensation of any kind. – less
Fast paced enviroment with the ability to learn how to run your own business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2014
Typical day started with a morning meeting and getting the goals and expectations set for the day. After the meeting we prepped the cars and began to organize and manage what cars were needed and what time, including any pick ups that needed to be done. Mainly most of the day, you're just managing to see what cars are needed and to make sure they are – more... clean and ready for when the customer is expected to walk in. I learned a lot working there, including what it takes to a run a business as well as how to properly manage a team and successfully make a profit. Management deals with any customer complaint issues, making key decisions and logistic decisions. Hardest part of the job is the stress that it carries when you have customers looking for particular cars, or they have a bad experience and that causes your customer service score to come down. Enterprise focuses strictly on customer service and you will be written up if you don't meet certain expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and the ability to get out of the office every now and then. – less
Easy pay, easy work, drive a different car every day
Driver (Former Employee), Monticello, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good management, easy work.
Cons: not enough hours, no health benefits.
Management was good, if not great! Not overbearing, tries to work with you, and works with your schedule as much as possible. PT Drivers see roughly 20-25 hours a week, but condensed into 2-3 days. Great, stress-free side job, or for something to help put you back on your feet.
BM
Branch Manager (Current Employee), N/A, KYOctober 15, 2014
Great experience for students right out of college who are eager to move up the corporate level quickly. Promotion is based on performance. Long hours but like anything else you get out of it what you put into it. Lots of rewards if you out forth the effort.
Review Enterprise
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ramona, CAOctober 15, 2014
I think that Enterprise is an outstanding opportunity for advancement within a company
Bad apple orchard
Customer service (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2014
We've all seen our fair share of bad apples, well I'd say Enterprise isn't "A" bad apple its the whole orchard. They promise you 6 figures in 6 years, well that might be true if you could manage to stay that long. I was forced to work with a broken foot and do an exceptional amount of walking. Also your own personal driving record matters, not just – more... what you do on company time or in a company vehicle, if you get a ticket for whatever reason any time your job may be on the line. My own car was hit in a parking lot and I was written up for unsafe driving habits.

Also the profit hoarding is amazing, one of the benefits is you get to see the money stolen from your own branch, they say run your own business well i'm not sure who would give more than 50% of any profits up the chain. – less
Great place to learn business
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNOctober 14, 2014
Great place to learn business and how to take care of customers. You have to have a sales mentality to succeed.
Great Experience
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Conway, AROctober 14, 2014
Great Management Trainee program. Work over 60 hrs a week- work life balance wasn't the best! Once you reach branch manager its all about politics when going for the next level, be aware!
Excellent place to begin your career
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 14, 2014
Enterprise is an amazing place to get hired right out of college. You will have the chance to move up quickly and get lots of hands on real world job training.
Challenging but rewarding.
Branch Manager - East Charlotte (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: run your own business, company car, good benefits
Cons: poor work/ life balance, over promised compensation
Sales and customer service are the two most important things. If you do well in those categories you will get rewarded. However I noticed as you were promoted you were not getting the compensation that was promised in prior roles.
Fun Place to work
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2014
long hours but fun.....time goes by quick. You will learn a whole lot. Taught me customer service, marketing and other skills that I feel are very much needed in todays work.
Enterprise
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Spring, TXOctober 11, 2014
Get first job out of college. You really learn a lot from day one since they truly give you the business in your hands.

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A – Read more

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos