Entertainment Cruises Employee Reviews

I like working here.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2017
Fun place to work.I like working here. I get to work to on time.I have fun getting my work don fast and good.I get to learn new things.We have to work fast.you.you have to know where to put things at.
Wonderful Place To Work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2017
Wonderful Place to work, I would recommend this job to multiple friends. I had a lot of fun with my fellow co-workers we where a great team. My boss was easy to work and talk to about any and everything.
Cons
Not much Benefits
July 10, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. One of the best compliments that we can receive is that you like your job so much that you recommend it to friends! We have spent a lot of time this year focused on teamwork and creating a fun and productive workplace for all of our shipmates. I’m so glad you experienced this. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts!

- Kelley Yelle, General Manager

Fun and Energetic Work Environment
HOSPITALITY BUSINESS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Nothing bad to say here. So much fun aboard this ship! The management is very knowledgeable and inspires collaboration between team members. All of the fun comes with great work experience and great business knowledge.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
Sea Sickness
Productive and fun work environment
Make Up Artist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2017
Gluten free awareness
Hospitality management
Welcoming work place
Hostess / Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2017
If you like being on the water but being overworked , they made you stand on your feet all day with no break at all ( this includes doubles) the pay was unfair and the managers picked and chose which people they favored, it was a really hard job and most of the servers ripped off the server assistants that worked with them for that night, and even as a host you had server assistant duties without the benefits of getting tipped for the work you did. the hours stress and hard work were just not worth it
Fun work environment
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
Had fun working here. Just only issue was seasonal work if we could work in winter would be perfect. Awesome staff an management. Out on the lake everyday in the summer.
Pros
Lakeviews, free lunch, often overtime
Cons
Seasonal
Fast- paced and always on feet but a good group to work with.
Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
Worked during a slow season only working 2 days a weeks. Fast paced environment cleaning and setting up stations bringing drinks to guest then cleaning up stations and polishing dishes.
Place for growth
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
Growth is available, but it is at your own accord. Like any other job, do not wait to be called upon. Be proactive and want to be there. You will learn how to deal with guests, problem solving, and team work.
Pros
Views
Cons
Seasonal
April 12, 2017

Thank you for pointing out the growth opportunities with Entertainment Cruises. We are proud to report that over 60% our management team started with the company on a PT basis and now have careers with the company in various departments across the company. Our website and intranet are current with listings of all the available positions. Work is better on the water!

- Nilda Bracero, Associate General Manager

Extremely valuable internship experience
Sales and Customer Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
I interned with EC last summer and learned a lot more than I expected to. The company gives you many opportunities such as meet and greets, projects, advancement, etc. The culture of EC is friendly with a little bit of competition. I enjoyed going to work because EC makes working there fun while getting work done.
April 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your Sales and Guest Service Internship experience. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your internship and took advantage of all the opportunities that we offer during our program. We are also happy to know that what we are advertising for our program is being executed by our management team. We value all of our interns and make it a priority to ensure that they have the best internship experience. We hope that what you learned during this program you will take with you to future jobs.

-Benia Gurrola, Contact Center Director

Great Place
Server/Bartender- Plated dinner cruise (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC/ Norfolk VAMarch 3, 2017
I started here fresh out of highschool, it was sad for me to even transfer cities, but they made the transition smooth and enjoyable!
March 10, 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us right out of high school! We take pride in our ability to offer positions in most major cities on the East Coast, so I am happy to hear the transition was smooth and enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback!

Best Job I've Had So Far
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2017
I had a substantial amount of fun with Entertainment Cruises. I learned a lot as far as business from my supervisors. Everyday I'm there we're making memories for ourselves and our customers. Nothing hard about this job unless you don't know how to have fun.
March 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a great time WOWing our guests while learning from our skilled group of shipmates! Creating unforgettable memories is what we are all about!

-Dan Leaman, General Manager of Mid-Atlantic Region

Entertaining to say the least
Lead Trainer Server & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
My experience on the boats and with this company have been exciting and fulfilling. Everyday was a different cruise never the same people but always having the same beautiful view.
Don't waste your time
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Most of the managers are good. Bar manager is an idiot. Unorganized and just out of touch with reality. If you're a real bartender, don't waste your time. No money and so much work. Go to a restaurant where you'll make way more money and not be treated like a slave.
Pros
Some cool coworkers
Cons
No money. No work in winter. Unorganized
April 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts on indeed. In keeping with one of our company’s shared values, of we will be open and honest, I am sorry you feel that way. The Bar Manager you are referring to has been with the company for over 10 years and started as a server assistance and has also earned various employee of the year awards for his work and dedication to the company and the shipmates he works alongside of every day. Bartending on boats is very different than working on a land based venue and we make sure to communicate the differences during the interview and the 3-day training program. Most of our bartending team have been with the company 3+ years some of which have also been promoted to other positions.

-Nilda Bracero, Associate General Manager

Fun environment, less fun work
Sales and Customer Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
When I began this internship I thought that it was a great way to make connections. It became redundant and seemed to care less about growth, but about staying the same.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Stagnant work
February 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your internship experience. We put in a lot of work planning and executing our internship program. We want all of our interns to take advantage of all the opportunities that we have available throughout the program. We always say what you put into this internship is what you will get out of it. I apologize if the additional opportunities were not thoroughly explained to you during the hiring process. We offer Meet and Greet sessions to attend, we have 2 scheduled a week during the program. Shadowing opportunities are available as well. We have various advancement opportunities which include but are not limited to Guest Service Teams, leadership experience and projects you can assist with from various departments. Our interns are very valuable to our success. The Intern group sells over $3.5 million in cruises during our peak season. Thank you again for your feedback as we always are looking for ways to improve our internship program. -Benia Gurrola, Contact Center Sales Director

Different from your average resturant
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work if your just starting in the work force however not much room to grow in rank or salary. Because you have to work every holiday, it is hard to make time for family and friends. During the summer you may find yourself stressed out from a combination of the hours(some weekends 18 hours a day), lack of resources (inventory and staff), and over demanding customers. Overall, if you need a job apply. Just be ready to work and make something out of nothing.
Pros
Management and Staff are friendly
Cons
The job asks for alot, with very limited resources. During the winter slow with almost no hours, no holidays off
March 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding our fellow shipmates and Managers. I am sorry we did not communicate our growth opportunities, many of our management staff began as interns or frontline shipmates and advanced to their current position. We will work to better communicate the opportunities within our organization. As with all hospitality positions we offer a variety of hours but include both nights and weekends and we do work with individuals availability whenever possible. Thank you again for your feedback as we continually improve our organization. - Dan Leaman, Genderal Manager of Mid-Atlantic Region

Great management, possibility of advancement
Host (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Working on The Odyssey, a dinner cruise, is such a great experience. Not only do you get to cruise around the harbor with lots of guests and coworkers, but you will never be bored. It's a very balanced job; it can be high-energy at times, and relatively calm at other times. Management is out of this world; they take on rolls like server or host if need be. They are friendly, helpful, and flexible with schedules, too.
Pros
Free lunches, VIP cruises, cash rewards, benefits
Cons
Little to no breaks, lots of standing/walking
February 6, 2017

We are so glad to hear that you have had such a great experience on the Odyssey. We certainly are lucky to have such a great management team. It’s so nice that you found them so friendly and helpful! For 2017, we will be putting an even bigger emphasis on training for all positions and our Odyssey managers will be leading the way. We get a lot of compliments about what fun it is to work on the water and are very happy you agree. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is so nice to hear how our shipmates are doing onboard.-Kelley Yelle, Boston General Manager

great plcae to work, meeting new people, fun and your able to make money.
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2017
great atmosphere great people uplifting spirits. the food is awesome you actually have people who care and is whiling to get the job done.
February 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review working onboard the boat as a server and for promoting the culture we strive to embrace. Glad you enjoy working for Entertainment Cruises and we value having you onboard. -Colleen Scalise, Chicago Administrative Manager

Great managers, fun work crew, pay is kind of meh, lots of work
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2017
Really fun work environment and I love the management and my co-workers. Although the tip out and incentive packages for server assistants aren't nearly as good as they should be for the amount of work that we do for our servers and bartenders. The position is more like of a stepping stone to move up as an actual server, where the tip-outs are larger as well as the incentive packages.

Summers are very busy but the paychecks during that season make it worth while.

Company parties are fun!
Pros
Cruise ship, food, fun place, good music, company parties
Cons
some co-workers can be difficult to deal with, labor-intensive at times, clean ups
January 13, 2017

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. I’m so happy that you have found the boats to be a fun work environment and that you enjoy working with your coworkers and management. We really try hard to celebrate the hard work of our shipmates with fun outings and am so glad you enjoy them. With our new people department we are working on new ideas and initiatives for 2017. Some of our focus will be on increased training, defining job responsibilities more clearly as well as coming up with different incentive programs. Your post is really helpful in helping us to define priorities. I really appreciate getting honest and constructive feedback from those that are on the frontline working with our guests such as yourself. It truly is invaluable. Thank you. -Kelley Yelle, Boston General Manager

Hospitality skills presumed on a cruise.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2016
Excellent incorporation of Service and tourism skills. Ability to congregate with tourist. Very well organized management. Always a joy giving someone the best dining experience on a metropolis vessel.
January 4, 2017

We’re so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your time working with us and thank you for taking the time to post your positive work experience! We live by our identity statement of “Inspired by Our Commitment to Excellence We Create Unforgettable Memories” and this goes for both our guests and our shipmates. We have the privilege to host major milestones in the lives of our guests and it’s all in the hands of our shipmates to provide the best hospitality and welcoming everyone on board as we would welcome family and friends into our homes. We hope to see you onboard again! -Nilda Bracero,
Associate General Manager

Fun and Interesting Work on a Dinner Cruise Ship
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
I worked on the largest of the Washington DC Fleet (The ODYSSEY)
We provided dinner experiences for special occasions everything from weddings, proms, company gatherings, to private parties. This is a fun work environment good pay. This is a well managed company.
January 3, 2017

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience as a Shipmate on the Odyssey here in Washington DC. We pride ourselves on creating unforgettable memories for our guests and shipmates so thank you for sharing your feedback.

-Dan Leaman, General Manager of Mid-Atlantic Region

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entertainment Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

Entertainment Cruises Reviews by Location