Entertainment Cruises

Entertainment Cruises Employer Reviews

Incredibly fun environment with positive and productive teammates.
Call Center Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere, flexibility, incentives, etc.
At Entertainment Cruises, we lead each day with an identity statement. We are inspired by a commitment to excellence and dedicated to creating unforgettable memories. Every day I try to better myself as a sales associates and create an enjoyable experience for customers aboard all of our cruises.

The call center is fun and engaging with quizzes and – more... games. Even through strenuous moments we are always there for each other, managers included. And most importantly, it never affects our customer service. Every day I have a goal to reach in order to make today better than yesterday. Over the years, by working with this company, I've learned the importance of working with a team and hard work. I've also learned how to continually improve and be open and honest with my teammates. – less
Fun Energetic
o Server (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
This is a upbeat fun and exciting place to work. We sing we dance we just ensure that every guest has a great experience as they dine on the cruise ship.
Fun work environment, bad management
Assist Captain and First Mate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: good views if city
Cons: no breaks
Fun work environment, nice co workers, poor management that doesn't care about employees.
Enjoyable work environment
First Mate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2014
Enjoyable work environment in a team oriented setting. Lack of job security was the only pitfall of this career.
Entertainment Cruises is the company that provides dinner and party boat rides around New York.
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: being able to cruise on boats, great parties for employees, friendly coworkers and fair management.
Cons: during bad weather you are vulnerable to whatever mother nature releases, no hours during the cold weather, really long days during summer and working on holidays.
The company has different departments. The corporate office, the guest services box office on the pier, and the boats themselves. Each department has different divisions as well.
I was employed with the guest services. We sold tickets to the boat rides from the box office on the pier, printed and distributed the tickets that the guests picked up before – more... boarding time, and at the end of the shift did a lot of paperwork (receipts-vouchers-coupons,etc)
We worked as a team. The summer months are busy, there are long lines for the boat rides and many tickets to work on. During extreme heat it would get uncomfortable as we couldn't feel the air conditioner. People would become rude at times. You must have patience. Especially during late boat parties some guests would already arrive intoxicated to pick up their tickets. It's a fun place to work if you truly enjoy people, boats and outdoor weather. The winter months there are hardly any boat rides so you do not work, which means you do not make money.
The company does not offer benefits or paid vacations. Also, you must work weekends and holidays. At times there are 3 hour breaks in between the boat rides so the day feels very long because of it. Since you are working right at the water, you will feel the effects of the heat rainy season, and the bitter cold at wintertime.
The company does allow employees to cruise at a discount. They have parties for the employees to give out rewards for excellent performance. Holiday parties were great, good food and drinks.
Most of the staff are very friendly and if there is ever a problem they do try to help you work it out.
Overall I had a great experience at Entertainment Cruises and enjoyed my employment for the 2 and half years I worked there. – less
i feel honored to be with a company like this one
Server Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free gourmet food for lunch
Cons: very very short breaks
I love going to work, the crew is so nice.. the people are friendly. And the management is amazing. Literally the managers have been working there for year, and they still serve the customers. I just think that that take commitment and humility
Great staff and fun atmosphere to work in
Reservation Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Great company to work for. Everyone was very helpful. The customers were nice to talked to.
Fun Environment
Server (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2013
a fun environment to be in, customers and staff are friendly.
Fun work environment, with flaws.
Server Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2013
Pros: lots of fun and very flexible
Cons: management doesn't really prioritize well
It can be chaotic since everything has to be done in a set time period and we have to improvise a lot, but once everyone works together things get done well. the management is very friendly, but they have a tendency to look over your head or make excuses as far as promoting people goes, so it can be discouraging at times but persistence is the key.

The – more... hardest part of the job is probably re-arranging the dining room because sometimes we have to take the tables and chair off the boat and back on later.

The most enjoyable and favorite part is participating in the line dances with the passengers and making their experience all the more enjoyable. I miss the singing servers(especially because I hoped to be one eventually), but change is always good. – less
A lot of work!
Boatswain Mate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2013
Pros: so much to learn.
Cons: long hours. minimal breaks.
You will be worked very hard, but the captains really see your work ethics. it is not a job you can coast through. there is so much to learn about Maritime work and the jobs you can achieve just buy working there.
R
Hospitality Internship (Former Employee), charleston illinoisJune 11, 2013
Pros: r
Cons: r
• Demonstrated up-sell techniques to promote higher quality meals and drinks to large and small groups
• Conducted tours of the cruise vessel and communicated various points of interest to guests
• Provided a positive customer experience through customer relations
• Communicated safety procedures and protocols to guests
Not an real internship
Front of House Intern (Server) on the Odyssey (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2013
Pros: free meals for most shift. amazing views
Cons: no tips and if you do they keep them. long, long days, poor company culture. not worth it at all.
I worked on the Odyssey Cruise boat as a "Front of House Intern" but this was NOT an internship.. you are a server. Any promises of learning that they make do NOT happen. It is basically their way to get a lot of young servers for the summer that are ok with getting paid so poorly. It wasn't a horrible experience, but I definitely wouldnt do it again.

LONG – more... hours.. as in like 15+ hour days, constantly on your feet and a lot of times you get off at 2 am and miss the bus/train.

The permanent staff hates the summer "interns" and are extremely rude. It is not a very welcoming company cultural.

NOTE: they pay you min. wage but they KEEP YOUR TIPS. so don't plan on walking about with tips from being a server. When you clock out you owe them any tips you made that night. But you also don't really get tipped since the customers dinner is included with the pre-purchased ticket for the boat. Since they are not getting a check at the end of the meal (outside of if they order alcohol) they do not think to tip. Or if they do, they tip poorly. You also have to buy your outfit, so again, they take money from you.

Also, it is manual labor. Every night or even between breakfast/lunch/dinner you are constantly breaking down and moving tables for a new layout. They change the table layout for every single meal. You do not get a break at all here. – less
Fun internship!
Intern (Host & Call representative) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 26, 2013
Pros: customer service experience, unique opportunity
Cons: late nights, compensation
Had an awesome time working this past summer as both a host on Mystic Blue and in the Call Center. I had a split shift between the two jobs which meant that I would be working 9-5 PM some days while other days 4PM-12AM. I learned how teams depend on each other in the food & beverage sector, service recovery, and marketing strategies. As anyone will – more... tell you working in an office is much different than working in a restaurant (or cruise ship) where each day brings new challenges! – less
Productive and Entertaing workplace
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 29, 2013
Organized and stable work environment. Caring and cooperative co-workers.
Great workplace environment with many benefits
Sales/Customer Service Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2013
Pros: meeting experienced staff members, friendly co-workers, and flexibility
Cons: remaining focused while on the phones
I was a sales/customer service intern for the summer of 2012. I primarily worked on the phones in the contact center selling the different cruises that were offered. During that time, I learned how to properly cross-promote various services and gained valuable experience in business communication. The internship was engaging and the environment in the – more... office was very friendly and productive. I found enhancing an individual or group's cruise experience to be very rewarding. The hardest part was remaining focused while being on the phones for so long.

There are also great opportunities that come along with the internship. I was able to meet and speak with various staff members such as the CEO of the company. Employees can partake in different events throughout the year on the cruise ships. Smaller side projects were made available throughout the internship as well, ranging from event planning to advertising. The possible commission was very engaging and created both competitive and enjoyable environment. – less
Very fun place to work in and comfortable
Commissary/Data Entry (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch, company parties, co workers
Cons: pay, no significant incentives, no raise, lack team work and communication
Come in at 7am, prepare for food delivery. Take in order, stored products, collect invoices, transfer invoices. The coworkers are energetic and active. The hardest part is not being noticed after the hard work you've put in or getting a water container bottle as an incentive, no increases. However, the most enjoyable part is being able to save money – more... on lunch. – less
Wonderful colleagues
Singing Host (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: physically exhausting
It's a pleasure to work for a company where the emphasis is placed solely on our enjoyment and happiness of our customers.
Work or Party?
Restaurant Rotational Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2012
A great place to work if you are only interested in partying all the time.
Working on the Odyssey
Server (Current Employee), Boston, MA on the OdysseyOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free food when theres extra / time. very flexible with work schedule. management is amazing.
Cons: very short breaks.
I started as an SA (a busser) and it was a great year. The management on the Odyssey makes a family orientated environment. Working on the Odyssey makes you part of the Odyssey Family. Management is very flexible with your own work schedule. School comes first. I was promoted to a Server within the next year. They have company outings quite often to – more... bond with your coworkers. Most enjoyable part of the job is simply working with your coworkers. I never leave work without laughing.

I can say I will probably never find another company with this type of management. They are simply the best. – less
Fun and exciting workplace
Reservation Sales Rep (Former Employee), Chicago,ILSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free cruise tickets
Great hours, fun coworkers, friendly people to be on the phone and help.

About Entertainment Cruises

Entertainment Cruises Mission- Inspired by a commitment to excellence, we create unforgettable memories. Entertainment Cruises – Read more

Entertainment Cruises Photos