Entertainment Partners Employee Reviews

Entertainment Industry's #1 provider of payroll services.
Executive Assistant to Sr. EVP (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 20, 2016
An employee-owned company. Great place to work; good to employees, excellent benefits; lots of team building events. Friendly and helpful support staff, i.e., Service Desk, Facilities, etc. Great community service/volunteer programs.
Never know when you might be let go
Senior Development Manager/Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 3, 2016
I have worked here only for two years so I may not have all the angles.

So here is what I have witnessed:

1. Upper management makes decisions and you have to live with the consequences. This includes:

* Frequent relocation
* Frequent moving of personnel from team to team, often un-announced until it happens
* Frequent and unexpected terminations
* Favoritism not related to performance
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor benefits, Uncertain working situation, Unclear vision
Movie Production Field.. Actors, Directors
Parking Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
Daily interaction with the public. Basically cleared parking for production vehicles. Learned how to communicate with some of New York's rudest people. Very tight knit work crew.
Pros
First hand look at production of various TV shows, Movies, and Commercials. Excellent Free Meal. Lots of fun.
Cons
Extremely long hours.
Prestigious, Diverse environment.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2016
Since the age of 15, I have worked in the entertainment industry. With 11 years of experience self-employed in the industry, I have grown to learn how to create my own jobs. In finding self-employment, alot of my time has been dedicated to being a single mother of two and continuing my education. Due to the entertainment industry having a small variety of job options, it is very difficult transitioning into another field of occupation.
Pros
Self-constructed hours.
Cons
Necessary well-rounded general people and public skills.
Great Place to work
Grip/ BG performer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 12, 2016
Great place to work the most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment. The hardest part of the job is working long hours with little in between shifts.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours, low wages.
Basicall cleared parking for Production Vehicles on various Movie and Televions sets.
Parking Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
On a typical day, I'd be at a location at least a day in advance to attempt to clear the parking spaces allotted to our set areas. Lots of interaction with the public. My supervisor was not available as much, due to extensive work schedules. On our toughest days, we as a team, would be dealing with inclement weather. Lots of access to first hand production on several movies, commercial and television shows.
Pros
Exqisite meals. Decent pay grade.
Cons
Extreme work hours. No medical coverage
Wonderful works enviroment great employees
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
Save your money and spen wisely always leave when its time and show up on time rspect the work enviroment and others around you. Workin with the union has been a really good experiance my father help me get in back 2008 and i was out for a while due to complication and was back at great folk and every one treats you like family. And the pay is great
Stepping Stone to your real career
business analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 22, 2016
A lot of good people, trying to do the best they can. The staff can be amazing.

The Executives seem to be attempting to move the company forward as it has growing pains - switching from a small shop to a mid-sized corporation can be challenging. Attempting to build the next generation of software through acquisition - EASE.

Some middle management (VP level) can be extremely abusive and create what appears as a company approved hostile work place. Complain, you will be threatened, the only tool used is to to threaten to fire you.

Very limited potential to advance, but steady work if you can stand the pace and abuse.
Pros
Free Medical, Flexible work hours
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic goals and expectations.
Horrible culture
IT-Service Delivery Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 28, 2016
This is the only company I ever worked for where longevity is detrimental to performance.
People resist changes, resulting in antiquated products and processes.
Good
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 19, 2016
very friendly environment to work with. I faced some of the challenges and got to know more improved my skills. Met lot of people and learned from them.
Fast paced employee owned company
Paymaster (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 13, 2015
Busy payroll department. Learn something new every day. Company provides excellent benefits, gives annual raises, and generous bonuses. Lots of family ties within the company. Four day work schedules.
Pros
Full paid benefits
Cons
High stress environment
A Committed Company
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 5, 2013
Days can either be really busy or very slow. On a busy day I am non stop working on projects like analyzing numbers, organizing contracts, data entry and assisting account coordinators with their projects.
Slow days I have to seek work to keep myself busy.

Co-workers are great there. All different type of ages and a very friendly environment.

Hardest part of the job is managers holding me back from learning more.

Most enjoyable part of the job there is always food, a hour break and employees are friendly.
Pros
Great benefits, take care of the employees
Cons
Always trying to find work to do. Does not feel like it is challenging me mentally.
I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time
Background Artist/Stand-In (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2016
This is one of the largest payroIl companies in the entertainment industry. I did background and stand-in work for hundreds of film, tv and commercial productions. Entertainment Partners paid me for these 'day jobs'.
Pros
Checks cleared
Cons
no problems
Payroll for Entertainment Industry
Staff Paymaster II (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 23, 2013
Processed time cards and payroll for background talent in movies and television. Interesting position, but high stress and demanding. Most co-workers were very nice and helpful. Managers were not sufficiently trained for supervisory positions.

The company itself was great. Benefits were extensive and offered to all employees at no cost.
Pros
Company paid benefits; ESOP company
Cons
Poorly trained management
Learned a lot about Production Payroll.
Staff Paymaster (Payroll Accountant) (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 27, 2015
I learned a lot about Production Payroll. I worked a great 4 day work week with 3 day weekends. They had good medical benefits. They were the biggest payroll company in Hollywood.
Great company to work for
Sound Mixer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2016
A very professional and fun environment to work in. Company stuck by their employees and always carried out what they said they would do.
EP Pays On-Time and Accurately
FILM INDUSTRY TECHNICIAN & DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2016
Entertainment Partners is the payroll company for many film and TV projects. They pay hundreds of employees quickly and accurately and have a great staff when trying to find specific answers to questions.
Pros
On-time and accurate.
Excellent Job atmosphere
Senior Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 3, 2016
It was a wonderful experience I had at Entertainment Partners. Work atmosphere was really good. Very supporting colleagues. I highly recommend this company.
Fun and fast pace.
Take direction from actors and director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2016
Very professional and straight forward in the job provided. Learned how to work on set and about the entertainment business.
Pros
entertaining work
Cons
Long hours and sometimes exposed to elements
Good company to work for with great pay and benefits
Greens Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 19, 2015
Entertainment Partners is a wonderful company to work for and has great pay and benefits. They take care of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entertainment Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2