The Senior Systems Administrator role will function as a hybrid position as part of a DevOps process, leveraging a combination of system admin and system engineering experience, core J2EE experience, as well as performance tuning and scaling.
- Collaborate with the Technical Operations team, Solution Architect and/or other Developers to design and implement solutions to meet business needs and to develop new ideas for achieving scale, resiliency and high availability
- Installation, backups, patches maintenance, performance tuning, security reviews, and hardware/software installs and upgrades
- Document systems processes for server setup and configuration, application setup and configuration, technical requirements, personnel training, and knowledge transfer
- Test and evaluate servers for performance and security
- Institute security scans, backups and disaster recovery processes
- Write scripts to integrate with internal and external synthetic service monitoring tools as well as real user monitoring systems
- Continuously measure system capacity and generate improvement solutions
- Work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Work with small cross-functional teams consisting of developers, interface developers, QA and product management to deliver projects using an iterative process
- Interface with all customer levels, effectively communicating problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical resources
- System Admin background with Engineering expertise
- Very strong Linux skills
- Linux administration operating system security hardening and patches
- Knowledge of and experience with common protocols such as SMTP, SSH, SFTP, FTP, HTTP, DNS, NFS
- Experience with network/storage diagnostic tools
- J2EE/Java development experience
- Experience with at least one modern scripting language (Perl, Bash, Ruby or Python)
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including the following: firewalls, load balancers, web, database, and application servers
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Subversion or CVS
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 8+ years experience in IT
- RHCE in RHEL5 or RHEL6 preferred
- 5+ years Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration and engineering experience (hardware and software) in a large datacenter environment
Working at Entrega Systems Group
Entrega is a dynamic, growing company, and we're looking for talented professionals who thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere solving real-time customer needs. Ideal candidates will also understand that working independently and being a member of a team are not mutually exclusive concepts.
Entrega offers competitive compensation as well as benefit packages for full time employees, including health care and dental programs, 401k options, and PTO. In addition, our new Troy office space reflects our company culture—relaxed, open, and friendly. Entrega is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Entrega Corporation is a business-driven professional services firm offering leading technology and design solutions.