The Software Engineer will work as part of an agile team to create a new system of fast, highly available, highly resilient services-oriented architecture to re-develop a product used by millions of users daily. The Software Engineer will work as part of a team responsible for development of shared code and supporting multiple types of complex applications.
The person in this role will function as part of a Java development team to create applications that leverage a new scalable architecture. The Software Engineer position requires core J2EE experience, high-performing web architecture and design experience, performance tuning and scaling experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong aptitude for problem-solving, a keen interest in learning new technologies and approaches, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
Job Description :
- Design, develop, test and implement web-based applications to support business requirements
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies working as part of an agile team
- Create and maintain design documents
- Perform program coding and develop unit and functional tests for all code written
- Work with technical lead to develop Java applications
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with small, cross-functional teams including front-end developers, quality assurance specialists, product managers and other business units
Job Qualifications :
- Passion for software development
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Work well in a team
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to application development
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Understanding of UML
Major Plus (Candidate will gain these skills if they don’t have them coming in the door):
- Experience using UNIX generally, Linux in particular
- Experience with NoSQL database development
- Familiarity with using AWS or similar cloud development/deployment environments
- Experience/familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion or CVS (Git will be used)
- Experience with open source packages such as Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, Maven, Git
- Experience in SOA – REST interface design, service contracts and service construction and service descriptions/discovery using XML
- Working knowledge of TCP/HTTP protocols
- Experience with Hadoop, Machine learning and statistics
Education and Experience :
- An undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 6+ years of experience building Java/J2EE applications in an object-oriented environment
- Experience with agile software development methods such as SCRUM (preferred, not required)
- Working knowledge of XML Data representation and transformation using XSLT
Please include a cover letter, salary requirements, and samples of work (if applicable).
We offer competitive compensation as well as benefit packages for full time employees, including health care and dental programs, 401k options, and PTO.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Entrega Corporation is a business-driven professional services firm offering leading technology and design solutions.