Entropic Communications Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work at
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2015
Very easy going management, and co-workers were very nice, I learned basically everything I know while working a total of 15 years at the job.

We were bought and sold five times and I thankfully survived all of those times with no lay off. The plant was bought in 2013 by a company in CA. and they did not have a need for the Austin facility since they had basically all of the people in CA that could handle what our Austin facility handled.

So our office was shut down.
Pros
Fun activities, free food, healthcare, nice people, I could work independently
Cons
changed managers every couple of years
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed my stay with Entropic. Good overall work culture. Had the opportunity to work for with smart people. In the end the people at the helm of affair let it down.
Great company to work for.
RF Systems Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
Great people great company! They just did not have the horse power to bet the big players. CEO did a song and dance but should have been more open about what was very obvious. Go Max-linear!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Just did not have the horse power to bet the big guys...
17 years of working for a great Company
Sales Operations Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed everything when I worked at this Company. I worked there when the Company was Brooktree. Brooktree was aquired by Rockwell Semicontuctor. From there, Rockwell split off a portion of the product line into a separate company which was named Conexant. And again, Conexant split off another portion of the product line into another compnay named Mindspeed. I went with the Mindspeed and my job responsibilities grew from there. I enjoyed working in the independent sales office in San Diego. The hardest part for me was when it ended and Mindspeed decided to close the San Diego sales office and move all the responsibilities to the main office in Irvine, CA.
Fun software company to work for. Good staff.
Engineer II - Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2014
Overall the company has been a great place to work and has taken care of me and my family over there years. Unfortunately they have decided to close the doors on the Austin branch and are taking it back to San Diego where their headquarters are.
Pros
free snacks and drinks. relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
has gone to much down the corporate route and stopped caring about the employees as much.
Relaxed environment, good people
Product Engineering - Test Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CADecember 20, 2013
Entropic offers a very relaxed environment and there are good people who currently work here. The job may be stressful at times, just like any other job. Management is understanding and willing to help you succeed when opportunities arise.
Pros
relaxed, ping pong table, large lunch area
Cons
small company
Bad management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Senior management did a poor job of marketing and sales for growth. Constant cancelations of future designs and failure to benefit from exiting products.
Pros
were good people
Cons
hr does not know what the "h" is for and management is bad..
Contract Staffing Partner
Contract Staffing Partner (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 17, 2013
Great place for career advancement for engineers. I don't have much to say because I've only been here a few weeks and my contract is short. But Indeed is making me write enough to post my resume. Thanks!
Creative brainstorming, flexible personal time
Principal Systems Architect, CTO Office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2014
interacted with smart and dedicated technical staff and management.
Pros
challenging technical work, free fitness center, free cofee
Work is great.
Group Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  San diegoJune 26, 2014
The work is great for motivated engineers. Lately the leadership of the company is in confusion.
Pros
great work. good, smart engineers to work with.
Cons
leadership in confusion.