ENVENT CORPORATION

ENVENT CORPORATION Employer Reviews

Generous, Safe and Nice Place to Work
Technician & Operator (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: hard work
I am a field technician at Envent. They treat everyone well and pay them well. I would recommend Envent to others. Unfortunately, I didnt follow the rules and cheated on hours and other things but I wish I did not. I loved Envent.
Great Job Working for a Great Manager - Envent Corporation
Supervisor (Current Employee), BeniciaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: bonuses, pension plan, health insurance
Cons: none that i can think of
As a manager here at Envent, my days can be from 7 to 430 or sometimes longer. They are very flexible if I need personal time. I lover working hard and making a difference. Our company makes a difference. The hardest part of the job is staying away from the donuts and food that they supply in the kitchen. The most enjoyable part is coming to work. Working hard and getting paid for my efforts. Envent takes safety and respect of the employee to a new level.
ENVENT IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
DOT DRIVER (Current Employee), HOUSTON TEXASMarch 19, 2013
Pros: safety is #1, pay, benefits
Cons: prefer to fly first class when i travel
THIS COMPANY IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. GREAT MANAGEMENT, GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS. GUARANTEED WORK. THE HIGHEST QUALITY WORKERS AND A PERFECT SAFETY RECORD. THEY WANT ME TO GO HOME SAFELY AND CREATE A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT.
BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR - Guaranteed 40 hours per Week
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 19, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay, work environment, manager
I just want to say, this company treats employees the best. If you are a hard worker, show up on time and pay attention to safety and compliance, you will be rewarded. They pay annual bonus, have a Pension Plan, a great health care plan, and best pay and benefits. I came from a company called PSC and this is like night and day. And you are guaranteed 40 hours per week.
booooooo
op/tech (Former Employee), ?February 22, 2013
Pros: if needed lots of hours, traveling, once trained you could work with the equipment mostly alone, its a very easy job physically- that you could do for the rest of your life
Cons: disrepectful human resource people who think there in charge) and most of the upper management, co employees, pay, and lack of respect (cant stress that enough)
I’ll try to sum it up in three words for the type of so called "coworkers" you are forced to deal with daily and then I’ll continue with a short paragraph on what it’s like to work at envent. Fake, Arrogant, Disrespectful. As far as what it’s like to work there well, it has the potential to be good, if they set employees up the right way and the right way to me, would be to excel and succeed and then eventually gain the respect of the higher ups (which by the way -higher ups- mainly stay employed because the longevity part of being an employee there, basically letting their shortcomings go by the wayside). This did not work out for me or others I know that worked there. It was an impossible task. How can i impress the people that mattered and gain the respect i deserved with so called responsible mangers relaying false or taken out of context information that ended in bad situations for me or not getting a fair chance to move up. One thing that got me was they preached about you being in a family. Laugh Out Loud. Do not believe that. They get half their employees off the street or guys that are on probation or worse still on parole and then hang it over most of those employees’ heads so they don't speak for themselves because there scared to lose their job. I questioned if some employees even had there visa's. I’d say 90% of the employees are zombies which is understandable, most companies are- but this particular job if you start as a technician/Operator, it requires almost 24/7 dedication, it is 100% round the clock work, and I’ll tell whoever is reading this interested in – more... a job here, even when you answer every phone call and deny zero jobs, it will account for nothing if one higher up has an issue with you or if you fail to meet someone else’s criteria or simply fail at one thing in general. Once employed there’s no equal opportunity/ fair chance anything- if they like you and you stay out of sight /out of mind, you have a fighting chance to improve but good luck with that. so for short -could use some new practices at envent ,a little more diverse workplace and less discouraging foreman’s/bosses(because there's 5 guys that think- they- really run operations, all whom talk behind each other’s backs) and it could be a good place to work but they are who they are, so don't expect much if hired. From one disgruntled ex-employee speaking the truth to whoever reads this-good luck – less

February 25, 2013

just stumbled on to this site and found it funny how all the postive reports were posted within days of each other, if not the same day. Typical. one of the arrogant bosses probably told all the employees to write a postive review. i agree with whoever wrote this comment im responding to, for the most part. didnt have much of a problem with the employees that worked there much but i can see what he/she was referencing to. as much as it should be "its what u make out of it" its really hard to get anywhere with them. very little respect between one and other.

March 19, 2013

Envent is one of the best companies to work for. The average tenure is 6 years and they have a Pension and Profit Sharing Plan and the best health care plan in the industry. One thing Envent doesnt respect is employees that show up late, dont show up for their crew members and violate safety rules. That gets you fired. This worker was fired just days before he posted this.

March 21, 2013

If you are not willing to show up on time or you dont take safety seriously, you are given warnings, then you are suspended and then you are fired. Probably works that way with most companies. The disgruntled fired employee always finds someone else to blame for failure to succeed at his job. Being a grown man and getting fired is sad. Sorry, that is how Envent rolls. Hard work and Safety are keys to a great career. Good luck!

It's fun working for Envent Love everthing about it!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 29, 2012
Pros: besides free lunch the gift cards! thank you! work is 5 min. from home
Cons: you must be entirely self-motivated.
A typical day at work I review urgent and important tasks that need to be done.
What I've learned over the course of the past five years, I have made an effort to develop my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I have matured as an individual and my experience of working with others it has contributed a lot to my interpersonal skills. I am also better able to see the bigger picture and how my role relates to the overall goals of the organisation. Having built up a broad range of experience, I am now much more productive in my role – and much better equipped to handle unusual or difficult situations. Management is great. My experience with my colleagues has been a very productively. The hardest part of my job is that sometimes it can be intense but although I get a lot of support from my coeagues. The best enjoyable part of my job when it's 5pm. Just kidding Lol I love my job. I have complete freedom. Trust by Management and a fantastic team that will do anything for me !
Productive and Rewarding
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Long BeachNovember 28, 2012
Pros: work environment, very enjoyable
Envents work environment can be very hectic at times with multiple things going on at once, but very rewarding. Spending so much time with co-workers has made them like a second family. Management is very knowledgeable, helpful, understanding and flexible with scheduling.
Work hard, play hard!
Reports and Compliance Administrator (Current Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 28, 2012
Envent, although growing rapidly, has a family culture. Everyone genuinely cares for you and your well-being, which makes working for and with each other an enjoyable work experience.

From TV giveaways to "Fruit Fridays", there is never a shortage of morale-boosting activities, treats, and rewards for Envent employees.

The company is always looking to promote within, train, and move you up the management ladder.

The best part of working for Envent is the people. There is always a sense of comradery amongst the staff.
Envent is a company that has a productive, hard working, and very sufficient environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaNovember 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches on your birthday! :) holiday parties!!
Cons: alot of work with a little desk.
A typical day at work would be; first get settled at my desk log onto all the comp apps that should be on daily. Check any voicemails that were left from the night before, take down those messages if need be I will send the messages out via, email and also write out a call slip. Make sure I work on everything that is left on my chair before getting back to any previous work. Then I would make the coffee, water the plants make sure all who has attended the tailgate/safety meeting in the morning has signed and initialed their names on the log, I will then take the log and enter if need be (has a SCAN card attached) then file it away by date and time. Then when I have access to a master key I would do a round around the office's to collect any paperwork or documents that have been placed into an outbox. Afterwards I would get back to filing and entering all the scans. When the UPS service gets here I will sign for and then distribute the packages to whom they are addressed to. Not too long after the mail would be in by about 10:00am then I would check in the pile of mail for any checks or any misc. packages. I would then deliver those to whom they are addressed to and send the checks over to our accounts payable. Then I would come back to my desk and work on the mail. After the mail is done it must go to my director where she will then review and send over to our vice president. I will then come back to work on our daily logs; tailgate, SCANS, JSS audits, Daily tool and yard checks, job orders, and our truck check out logs. Along with working on those documents I would also keep – more... up with our janitorial issues and run errands if need be. Ex. run over to office depot, staples, name your game, lunch pickups, or a local home depot. If there is delivery that needs to be made such as submitting any important documents I will also tend to those. I handle all of our shipping’s needs. Other important documents that I work on are our permit binders and operations binders, along with assisting our office admin with truck binders and logs; making sure they are up to date and making sure every truck has one inside. Every day that I come into work with the employees here at envent I am able to take something new home with me, and that’s more knowledge. I feel like I’ve basically grown myself along with He Company having worked here for almost three years now. The people here are kind, caring and very respectful. You don't have very many bosses like the ones here at Event. They never cease to amaze you; as they slowly learn new things about their employees we as well learn something new about them. They are very trustworthy and when it comes down to needing advice they are the ones you can go to. I feel like the environment here at envent with our management is wonderful, at times I may be shy to speak to one of our superiors but I’m not afraid, and that’s important because you should not be afraid of your bosses, they are here to help you as you are there to help them. No question is a stupid question, you are only dumb if you hesitate or don't ask questions at all. My coworkers are fun, sometimes it may or can get a little catty around the office but the girls in the office show great respect towards one another, yes, we kid and we joke, but you know what at the end of the day the girls that you see and work with everyday aren't just coworkers they become "like" your sisters, very dysfunctional but hey I wouldn't ask for it any other way. What's really great about my coworkers is that when I’m stuck or confused on something I can always ask them for assistance. They won't turn their head on you and just walk away because it isn't their job or their responsibility. We all know that were are a team and time that needs to and enjoys working together because without each other we can't help the company succeed and grow. The main purpose that we're here for is to work with and for the company to help Envent grow, and be the best of the best. The hardest part of my job is being able to juggle everything. I love everything I do just wished I had more time to spend on each specific project before having to run an errand. Errands take up a lot of time during the work day, though I like doing it, it is what makes my job harder. I used to be able to run errands after work hours but since I have both a full time student and worker it’s hard to juggle both. If I do run errands after class if would have to be a target or food4less because those stores stay open pretty late and I’m out of my last class Monday - thus. At 10:30pm it'll give me just enough time to get in and out of the stores to get the things I need. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to come in everyday and work with the people I enjoy seeing every day. Also I love that everyday I get to learn something new from the people that I work with. You don't have to go far to gain a bit more knowledge. – less
Amazing Job
Administrative Assisstant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TxNovember 28, 2012
I have been employed at Envent for the past two years. I started out as a temporary employee while away at school, later becoming full time. When I decided to start school again this fall everyone was more than happy to accommodate my crazy schedule. They understand that people have other responsibilities, and for that I am so thankful. I would not be able to continue my education, if not for my job now.
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Admin (Current Employee), TXNovember 28, 2012
Envent Corporation is a great company to work for. The people at Envent take pride in their work and aim to provide great customer service. The management also appreciates and rewards hard work and dedication. Envent has been very good to me and I always look forward to working.
Team oriented and Positive work environment
Sales (Current Employee), Gulf CoastNovember 28, 2012
Envent has a large customer base, a good reputation and long standing relationships. All levels of employees are knowledgeable and helpful. Upper-management is accessible. Training program is helpful for a person with experience in the oil and gas industry. Sales schedule is somewhat flexible and expectations are high, an atmosphere for self motivated individuals.
Great work environment for the most part.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Log Beach CANovember 28, 2012
Pros: job security, health benefits, christmas bonuses.
Envent corporation is a growing company that will only get better with time.
Awesome place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Long BeachNovember 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great people to work for
At over 8 years with the company I have seen Envent grow and become the #1 major player in our fields of work. Environmental, construction, MOBILE VAPOR & WATER TREATMENT. I started as part time worker then to a Tech. Around 3 years to a SR. Tech. At 5 years moved into a Supervisor position. I have worked a lot of hours in those first 5 years but it has been worth it now in the long run. Envent owners and staff takes care of its employees. I cant think of a better place to work.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace!
Receptionist (Current Employee), TEXASNovember 27, 2012
In my personal opinion Envent Corporation is a great place to work. They are very flexible and understanding for student needs and time off request. The work environment is also very enjoyable and easy going. They offer benefits to employees which are better than other work places. All the employees are very friendly and easy to get along with, but when the going gets tough they form a fantastic team and work as one!
Clerk
Clerk (Current Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: learning new ways to develope client relations by meeting their needs
Cons: meeting deadlines
Review paperwork and submit in a timely fashion. The most difficult part is meeting deadlines. The best part of my job is learning new ways to develope client relations by meeting their needs. The entire job is enjoyable in ever aspect.
Productive workplace and excellent staff.
Office administrator. (Current Employee), Pasadena, Texas.November 27, 2012
I have been with Envent Corporation for about a year as of today. I was initially hired on for a temporary position later becoming a full time employee. Advancement in this company was not a problem, regardless of my schedule. Near the beginning of my hire I was a full time college student and that was something I worried would prevent me from staying hired on with this company. To my surprise, Envent’s staff and management were more than understanding and flexible with my hectic schedule. With that being said, they made it much easier to balance out my additional personal priorities. At no point in time in my career with Envent have I felt lack of job security, regardless of what situation I was in, they found a way to work with me. As long as I gave them the best of my ability, that is what I received in return. Envent also provided extremely good benefits, as well as compensation. I hope to stay with this company throughout my entire college career. I have nothing but spectacular things to say about Envent, great company!
Very safety conscious company, from the top down and the bottom up.
Director – Health, Safety & Environment (Current Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 26, 2012
Pros: good people to work for and with, profit sharing, appreciation for a job well done. healthy snacks on fridays!
Cons: i’ll keep you updated!
I have worked in many industries and a lot of different companies in the last 35+ years and have never worked for or have seen a company that has spent so much time, energy, resources and state of the art equipment to keeping their employees safe in this petrochemical industry. Envent Corporation is growing by leaps and bounds across the country, but still has that small company family feel and that’s due to the owners and their concern for all employees.
Best Company I have worked for.
Technician (Current Employee), Long Beach, CaNovember 26, 2012
Pros: travel the world and get paid. lots of money to be made.
Cons: tons of paper work.
Very Safe, and Professional company to work for. I enjoy the work environment, its like one big family. Great Management and Admin dept.
Great Place to Work
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Houston TexasNovember 26, 2012
Pros: safe place to work with great pay
Cons: work hours can be alot at times
This company has great benefits including health insurance, pension plan and bonus program. The pay is great too. And they provide a very safe work environment. Management is good and other folks at the company are great.

About ENVENT CORPORATION

Envent Corporation was formed in 1992 to provide industrial and municipal customers with engineered solutions for a range of environmental – Read more