Enviro-Clean

Enviro-Clean Employee Reviews

Good people to work for
VP of Sales (Former Employee), Paducah, KYMay 19, 2015
There were many challenges at this company I worked directly with owners to build there business. Enviro-Clean went out of business without any notice to employees.
basically the team leader of a 3 man crew
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Howell, MIMay 13, 2015
get to the school at 5 am open up the building turn on all the lights then wait for all the kids to get into there class rooms then test the pool's chlorine levels and pH levels. I answer a lot of calls on the radio for stuff our night crew forgets to do like refilling toilet paper and paper towels in bathrooms. My manager is a good guy really a goal oriented guy. Hardest part of my job is dealing with the kids sometimes and there lack of respect the most enjoyable is helping the teachers
Decent place
Custodian (Former Employee), Novi, MIApril 25, 2015
Managment needs work.. They need to show more appreciation to the good workers. They need more oppertunity for growth as well. The overtime was nice though..
NOT A HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Custodian (Former Employee), MichiganApril 2, 2015
Pros: no weekends, no one breathing down your throat.
Cons: racially bias management, low pay for the work, picky with whom to give over time.
Enviro-clean is an ok place to work. one o the perks of this job is that you are pretty much on your own. There is no one breathing down your throat and as long as you are a self-starter you are ok. I would turn on my iPod and start my cleaning duties. one of the downfalls of this job is when I worked for the company the neighborhood was not so safe and we would get off fairly late. With two women working there should have been some security measures taken to ensure our safety. However, even though we had some bizarre experiences, we made it out alive every night. The pay could have been a lot better, management showed a little racial bias.
The company as a whole is not to great
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Richmond/New Haven, MIMarch 30, 2015
A lot of their workers and managers are great honest people. The work is what should be expected as a janitor. Richmond/ New Havens managers were great.
Management treats you as a warm body
Former janitor (Former Employee), Grand RapidsFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: too much work not enough time
Your employment is only just a number and body to them they could care less about your personal life and anyone under upper management such as supervisors are only a puppet on a string. Upper management visited my work site and never took the time to introduce herself that just goes to show how much they care about human life. I'd be better off being a robot for them!
No Management Whatsoever
custodian (Former Employee), Avondale districtFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: listened to music while working.
Cons: everything else!
The manager was very childish and was never professional at all. If you screwed up or didn't do something his way, he'd seriously punish you in some kind of way with more cleaning or just treat you like a child with belittling words towards you. And some employees were favored even if they didn't even do what they were supposed to and some others were very childish with gossiping and wasn't a team at all. I hope they do NOT get this contract this year back. This manager let this company of Avondale district fall! I'm so glad I'm out of there! You couldn't keep anyone there to work so turn around rate was terrible.
Horrible
Floater (Former Employee), Walled Lake, MiJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: everything
This company is a horrible place to work. The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work they have you doing. They have only one person cleaning a elementary school by themselves. Shoveling snow, cutting glass, painting, cleaning gutters.etc. The winters you work with hardly any heat and the summers with no air. The teachers complain all the time for any and everything. The best thing I've ever did was to leave that job.
I worked with awesome people
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Holland, MIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: short break, low pay, exspensive health care.
A typical 8 hour night would be very rushed and stressful but summers were always fun we had alot more time to relax more work every day but the summer to get it done and the days weren't so stressful, I loved summers, plus I got to work with co-workers from other buildings which was always fun. The hardest part of the job was set up for any sporting events because we had to do that PLUS our own regular work with no extra pay on our pay checks in our 8 hour shifts every night, and of course the most enjoyable part of the day was time to go home.
Boring and lonely with no chance to climb ladder
Cleaner (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: listen to music while working
Cons: everything else
Spent my days all alone cleaning, second shift. They had me working at three different locations every night, with no pay during travel and no milage pay. They also promised me benefits and chance to move up, then denied me both because the position they gave me didnt give me enough hours.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), Jackson, MIDecember 9, 2014
I was in charge of a cleaning crew detailing classrooms for public schools and Stripping and waxing floors also set-up and clean-up for all school events.
Not a good place to work
custodian (Former Employee), St Clair Shores, MINovember 26, 2014
Pros: weekends off and holidays off
Cons: way to many to list
I loved the school that I worked at but working for EnviroClean was horrible. The management was horrible.When you needed the management they were never there. They would hire anybody off the street which to me is very dangerous in a school system. The equipment that we used half the time never worked, which made it more work for us and they were never in no hurry to fix it.
If it wasn't for the teachers and the staff I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did.
They also say they give you raises and you never see them.
Bad employer
Janitor- Clean (Former Employee), walled lakeSeptember 22, 2014
I was injured moving very large sign. The company insisted that it didnt happen on the job and wouldnt give me workers comp
Decent company
Building Supervisor (Former Employee), Allegan, MIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: no insurance, poor communication of management, and turnaround rate
The turn around rate of the company is insane. So keeping employees was hard. Management is lacking communication badly. My job was a important one cause I cleaned the Executive Offices of Perrigo so everything had to be 110% always.
Less pay
custodial (Former Employee), Warren MIJuly 22, 2014
Cons: overworked less pay
Lots of work including doing the snow duringtthe weather months they are nuts for $9.25. So glad I left.
Enjoyable placement, flexible hours, caring staff
General Cleaner (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: accolades from customers sometimes i even receive small tokens of thanks.
Cons: health care is not provided and have no paid vacation or sick time
I maintain a level of cleanliness that makes the environment welcoming and presentable to clients. I assist with any needs that may arise such as set-up or tear down of meetings as well as clean up of accidents that may occur and report all maintence issues. I'm also responsible for stocking and ordering all paper products and coffee needs for break areas and bathroom areas.
I have learned that there is a network of people I can depend on for help with issues as they arise and they will find the answer or willing to go out of there way to find someone who can help.
I am constantly juggling my schedule do to change in daily schedule as clients needs dictate. Yet i have learned to have a few different schedules to rely on to get the tasks done that I need to get done.
It is has been rewarding to work at my placement due to the building I clean for the staff is very appreciative of my work. It has been enjoyable getting to know the staff and clients and that I make their job easier when I do my job.
good company
General Cleaner (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 14, 2014
I loved working for this company to work for but they like to suspend you when you don't have insurance on your car even if you are in one building only too. They also play safety bingo which I loved to do.
Productive and work independently
General Cleaner (Current Employee), Jackson, MIMay 8, 2014
I work a full eight hour shift, during my shifts I provide cleaning services to the entire school, set up for special events, games, etc. I handle consumer and employment feedback in a professional manner. Everything is a learning experience, taking feedback personally will not help an employee become successful.
Hard Work, Fast PAced
Janitor (Current Employee), Grant, MIApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work consists of cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, dusting, wiping down desks and tables,

Learned how to work at a fast pace.

Management is not the greatest.
Fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
The staff treats you very well if/when you go above and beyond.