Enviro-Clean Employee Reviews

you get paid for one you but are expected to do three
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 25, 2016
Management purposely wants you to only disclose info to them and not building managers. It makes it easier for them to throw you under the bus and then you can't defend yourself. And pretty much the entire company is like that. No raises, no sick or vacation pay. the benefits suck and that is if you can even sign up for them because they will not tell you anything of when to sign up or if you are able to. They want you to clean perfectly every day but they give you way too much to do and then they also want you to refinish and strip floor, move all the furniture, work outside in the winter and be security. And they expect you to do it all for a pittance of a wage.
Pros
pretty much no one gets fired unless you call hr on them
Cons
majority of the people you work with are rejects of the world.
Team based environment
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 2, 2016
I worked cleaning schools so I pretty much collected garbage, swept, vacuumed, mopped, dusted, and ran commercial cleaning machinery. I learned to collaborate and communicate with co-workers to ensure all parts of the building was clean. I really didn't care for management. It was a lot of favoritism. The hardest part of the job was summer clean-up. The most enjoyable part of the was my co-workers.
Pros
Long breaks and working with great people
Cons
Mangement, they didn't give raises, and seems to be no room for advancement
Hated it
Janitor at Hunt Elementary (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 3, 2016
Management was horrible. Never had the supplies needed. Always got put down like I was stupid. When I asked what I needed to be doing better they half a** told me and then I got into trouble. I hurt myself on the job..and instead of taking me to their doctor they sent me home. I went to the ER and was off work for 4 days. This happened 3 month ago and I am still having pain. Not enough pay for what you are expected to do.
I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Bad management and no supplies
Fun active job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIDecember 20, 2016
I work here now and enjoy it. I like being part of a team and having a job where I come in, go a good job and go home happy. I like that the work keeps me moving and I actually think the cleaning is fun. It feels good to keep my building looking good. I like moving around for my job more than my past jobs that were putting parts together on a line. Management is fair and pretty helpful.
Pros
Active job, rewarding
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 26, 2016
Enviro clean has horrible benefits, poor management, too much work to be completed in shift and for pay. They bring in neq employees on a timely manner so you are asked to pick up extra shifts and work over time.
Managment sucks
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 13, 2016
Management plays favorites and only gives raises to favorites way to large work load likes to pit night and day crew against each other very lazy night crew they steal and don't do their jobs and then there are no repercussions for their actions. The only good thing about this place is the school I work at and the benefits
Pros
The teachers and benefits
Cons
Good job with opportunities to advance
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 30, 2016
Management was fun to work with and did lots to support their people. We received pizza parties for good reviews on our work. Started out as a cleaner and moved up to supervisor of my building.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Afule mangment
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 19, 2016
This place is an afully place to work for mangment is poor u need suplies u dont get them for at least two months then the contractors ask why things havent been done the only time u really fet suplisse is if the contractor complaines to the mangment do not work here a wast of time
Pros
Good coworks
Cons
No benifits bad mangment no suplisse
productive day at work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 15, 2016
A typical day at work is easy going. Boss is great and understanding,During my time at the job I have had a lot of experience working with difference machinery. The hardest part of the job would be just meeting deadlines, making sure the standard is good for the superintendant.The most enjoyable part of the work day is just feeling accomplished and seeing the great work you did.
Pros
flexiability
Cons
health care and pay
Bad company
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Southwest MichiganFebruary 5, 2016
There is No communication from management. Did not see or hear from them for 3 months. Horrible expensive insurance. Have a new area manager with NO experience. All the good hard working employees leave and the company promotes the bad employees because they can't get anyone else. Very high turn over of employees. Can't wait to find another job.
Pros
The school I work at
Cons
Healthcare, Management, Benefits, Advancement, Pay
Management sucks
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 25, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Management are afraid to fire people. They thru u under the bus at every opportunity they can so they don't look bad.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Worst Management in history
Management is very unprofessional!!!
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 26, 2016
They move people from school to school until they quit. Was told by a supervisor that they "never fire anyone" then she proceeded to fill the paperwork out saying the employee quit. They play favorites and give out raises to those people only. When you need supplies it takes weeks for anyone to bring you anything. Waited 2 weeks for toilet paper on a few occasions, had to tell the school that we ran out and were waiting for a supervisor to bring some. The two supervisors are incompetent, they're unable to manage the company. I've had my job threatened many times for minor things like accidentally leaving a pencil on a floor of a classroom.
A challenging cleaning career
Supervisor Bob VanPelt (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 28, 2015
A typical work day would begin with my clocking in at 3:30pm. I would then get all my necessary equipment together to begin cleaning my area of classrooms at the High School. I learned that the youth of today are very inconsiderate of others. Our management team is very caring and helpful. The co-workers range in age from 20-60. There are many different personalities to get along with. The hardest part of the job is every summer we work first shift, while all school year we work second, I do not like changing shifts. The best part of the job is stripping and waxing the floors.
Pros
alot of free food
Cons
very poor benefits, and no advancement
Nice workplaces
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Walker miJanuary 18, 2016
Better managers, and more advancement

Employees need to get reviewed more to get raises. Enviro clean needs to show there appreciate more.
Pros
Enviro clean is very flexible. I also met and worked with some nice people.
Cons
Poor management, no raises, no advancement
Horrible place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 20, 2016
The management was horrible , god forbid you get sick cause you'll get fired , then they say they don't fire you but move you from school to school until you quit. Please look else where for employment non union so if anything happens you're pretty much screwed.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything!!!!!
terrible management, terrible place to work!!!
Custodian (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 26, 2016
the money is not worth the amount of work that needs to be done or what is expected of you. the management is completely incompetent, constantly changing things that they had said in the past such as the amount of hours you are guaranteed and then changing said hours and constantly moving employees to different locations. the management is by far the biggest problem with this company, they are rude and inconsiderate, they pick and choose favorites and trust me you will know if you are not one. lack of help from anyone, if you have a problem forget about asking expected to solve it yourself, you never hear back from management unless they are yelling or complaining. this company is by far the worst company i have ever worked for and would not recommend to even my worst enemy. never know where you are going to be or when you are going to work.
Pros
Cons
lack of help, poor management, poor pay for the amount of work
Not a good place to work
custodian (Former Employee) –  St Clair Shores, MINovember 26, 2014
I loved the school that I worked at but working for EnviroClean was horrible. The management was horrible.When you needed the management they were never there. They would hire anybody off the street which to me is very dangerous in a school system. The equipment that we used half the time never worked, which made it more work for us and they were never in no hurry to fix it.
If it wasn't for the teachers and the staff I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did.
They also say they give you raises and you never see them.
Pros
weekends off and holidays off
Cons
way to many to list
Not a bad place to be employed
General Ceaner (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 20, 2016
I have worked here a long time but would like a different payscale. Other than that a great place to work and keep a job. I look forward to many more years with this company.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 9, 2015
This job is horrible all around. It would have been tolerable if people could accept the fact that some people would rather come to work do their jobs and leave. People become upset when you try not to socialize to keep out of trouble. People are very invasive there. Coworkers would know about my what I did wrong and the repercussions I would receive before I did. Management is also very terrible. They allow leads to overstep boundaries and yell at and belittle the rest of their employees. Overtime is given to the favorites and we had to buy our own cleaning products and gloves and things because there was never anything to do our jobs with. Some of us worked our behinds off and had way too much while others just sat their and collected a check because they've befriended the right people or did favors for some people.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Somewhat productive and annoying work environment.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 2, 2016
I clock in and get right to work vacuuming and mopping floors. Once I completed that, which didn't take the entire shift time, I was left with nothing to do. I learned about different cleaning chemicals and how to operate cleaning machinery such as carpet cleaners, swing arms, etc. Management was horrible. The district manager was rude, didn't know how to speak to employees. The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate the machines. The most enjoyable was working alone, being able to clean at my own pace was exceptional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enviro-Clean. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6