Enviro-Clean Employee Reviews

Management is very unprofessional!!!
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 26, 2016
They move people from school to school until they quit. Was told by a supervisor that they "never fire anyone" then she proceeded to fill the paperwork out saying the employee quit. They play favorites and give out raises to those people only. When you need supplies it takes weeks for anyone to bring you anything. Waited 2 weeks for toilet paper on a few occasions, had to tell the school that we ran out and were waiting for a supervisor to bring some. The two supervisors are incompetent, they're unable to manage the company. I've had my job threatened many times for minor things like accidentally leaving a pencil on a floor of a classroom.
Cons
terrible management, terrible place to work!!!
Custodian (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 26, 2016
the money is not worth the amount of work that needs to be done or what is expected of you. the management is completely incompetent, constantly changing things that they had said in the past such as the amount of hours you are guaranteed and then changing said hours and constantly moving employees to different locations. the management is by far the biggest problem with this company, they are rude and inconsiderate, they pick and choose favorites and trust me you will know if you are not one. lack of help from anyone, if you have a problem forget about asking expected to solve it yourself, you never hear back from management unless they are yelling or complaining. this company is by far the worst company i have ever worked for and would not recommend to even my worst enemy. never know where you are going to be or when you are going to work.
Pros
Cons
lack of help, poor management, poor pay for the amount of work
Nice workplaces
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Walker miJanuary 18, 2016
Better managers, and more advancement

Employees need to get reviewed more to get raises. Enviro clean needs to show there appreciate more.
Pros
Enviro clean is very flexible. I also met and worked with some nice people.
Cons
Poor management, no raises, no advancement
Somewhat productive and annoying work environment.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 2, 2016
I clock in and get right to work vacuuming and mopping floors. Once I completed that, which didn't take the entire shift time, I was left with nothing to do. I learned about different cleaning chemicals and how to operate cleaning machinery such as carpet cleaners, swing arms, etc. Management was horrible. The district manager was rude, didn't know how to speak to employees. The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate the machines. The most enjoyable was working alone, being able to clean at my own pace was exceptional.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 9, 2015
This job is horrible all around. It would have been tolerable if people could accept the fact that some people would rather come to work do their jobs and leave. People become upset when you try not to socialize to keep out of trouble. People are very invasive there. Coworkers would know about my what I did wrong and the repercussions I would receive before I did. Management is also very terrible. They allow leads to overstep boundaries and yell at and belittle the rest of their employees. Overtime is given to the favorites and we had to buy our own cleaning products and gloves and things because there was never anything to do our jobs with. Some of us worked our behinds off and had way too much while others just sat their and collected a check because they've befriended the right people or did favors for some people.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
working with variety of people
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 20, 2015
typical day at work cleaning what needs to be sanitize, clean, and dust, cleaning lunchrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, staff lounges, classrooms, and media centers. learned to never judge a book by its cover, management is friendly, and coworkers are amazing, we are a team,worst part of the job is cleaning species (blood) and the most favorite part is meeting new people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shoveling snow
For the short time that EnviroClean has been in business, they are growing rapidly & have many contracts with schools & offices.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 20, 2015
I worked at an elementary school, then transferred to a middle school. As I cleaned classrooms, offices, administration, etc. I got to interact & get to know the staff & kids which I loved. I got along fantastic with my manager & many times would do overtime for her when needed. Oftentimes, I helped set up chairs, sports equipment, tables,bleachers, etc. for after school events. I assisted teachers & staff when furniture was needed for the classrooms & offices, or furniture needed to be removed. The staff & kids made me feel greatly appreciated on a daily basis.
Pros
being made to feel appreciated, getting to know the staff, the kids, & their families, being trusted
Cons
a lot of heavy lifting, using chemicals to clean
unrecommended
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 22, 2015
Job has good intentions, Management holds a double standard, does not care about its customers. Does not reprimand lazy/time stealing employees nor reward hard working employees.
Worst place to work!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Southfield miSeptember 4, 2015
Worst place you ever wanna work!!!! Management are bullys, no advancements and a lot of favouritism....management is very unprofessional.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No advancements, poor healthcare and no raises
A challenging cleaning career
Supervisor Bob VanPelt (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 28, 2015
A typical work day would begin with my clocking in at 3:30pm. I would then get all my necessary equipment together to begin cleaning my area of classrooms at the High School. I learned that the youth of today are very inconsiderate of others. Our management team is very caring and helpful. The co-workers range in age from 20-60. There are many different personalities to get along with. The hardest part of the job is every summer we work first shift, while all school year we work second, I do not like changing shifts. The best part of the job is stripping and waxing the floors.
Pros
alot of free food
Cons
very poor benefits, and no advancement
Fun workplace
Regular office cleaner (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 14, 2015
Everyone is really nice and very enjoyable. I have learned how to clean more efficiently that will benefit me for the future.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
not flexiable
Nice Staff at the school
Duties Lead custodian (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 23, 2015
Cleaning. Vacuuming, dusting, dumping trash, cleaning bathrooms, stripping, waxing floors, carpet cleaning, set-up for sports events.doing what ever needs to be done.
Good people to work for
VP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 19, 2015
There were many challenges at this company I worked directly with owners to build there business. Enviro-Clean went out of business without any notice to employees.
basically the team leader of a 3 man crew
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIMay 13, 2015
get to the school at 5 am open up the building turn on all the lights then wait for all the kids to get into there class rooms then test the pool's chlorine levels and pH levels. I answer a lot of calls on the radio for stuff our night crew forgets to do like refilling toilet paper and paper towels in bathrooms. My manager is a good guy really a goal oriented guy. Hardest part of my job is dealing with the kids sometimes and there lack of respect the most enjoyable is helping the teachers
Decent place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 25, 2015
Managment needs work.. They need to show more appreciation to the good workers. They need more oppertunity for growth as well. The overtime was nice though..
NOT A HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Custodian (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 2, 2015
Enviro-clean is an ok place to work. one o the perks of this job is that you are pretty much on your own. There is no one breathing down your throat and as long as you are a self-starter you are ok. I would turn on my iPod and start my cleaning duties. one of the downfalls of this job is when I worked for the company the neighborhood was not so safe and we would get off fairly late. With two women working there should have been some security measures taken to ensure our safety. However, even though we had some bizarre experiences, we made it out alive every night. The pay could have been a lot better, management showed a little racial bias.
Pros
no weekends, no one breathing down your throat.
Cons
racially bias management, low pay for the work, picky with whom to give over time.
The company as a whole is not to great
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond/New Haven, MIMarch 30, 2015
A lot of their workers and managers are great honest people. The work is what should be expected as a janitor. Richmond/ New Havens managers were great.
Management treats you as a warm body
Former janitor (Former Employee) –  Grand RapidsFebruary 26, 2015
Your employment is only just a number and body to them they could care less about your personal life and anyone under upper management such as supervisors are only a puppet on a string. Upper management visited my work site and never took the time to introduce herself that just goes to show how much they care about human life. I'd be better off being a robot for them!
Cons
too much work not enough time
No Management Whatsoever
custodian (Former Employee) –  Avondale districtFebruary 15, 2015
The manager was very childish and was never professional at all. If you screwed up or didn't do something his way, he'd seriously punish you in some kind of way with more cleaning or just treat you like a child with belittling words towards you. And some employees were favored even if they didn't even do what they were supposed to and some others were very childish with gossiping and wasn't a team at all. I hope they do NOT get this contract this year back. This manager let this company of Avondale district fall! I'm so glad I'm out of there! You couldn't keep anyone there to work so turn around rate was terrible.
Pros
listened to music while working.
Cons
everything else!
Horrible
Floater (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MiJanuary 21, 2015
This company is a horrible place to work. The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work they have you doing. They have only one person cleaning a elementary school by themselves. Shoveling snow, cutting glass, painting, cleaning gutters.etc. The winters you work with hardly any heat and the summers with no air. The teachers complain all the time for any and everything. The best thing I've ever did was to leave that job.
Cons
everything

2.6