Environmental Law Institute Employee Review

View all Environmental Law Institute reviews

I manage the day to day public relations and outreach efforts for the organization.
Director of Communications and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2012
Reporting to the executive vice president, I manage media relations by maintaining a specialized database targeting environmental media professionals in both national and trade publications and through personal contacts with them. I draft and disseminate our press releases; maintain the main points on our website; direct our graphic design needs; and liaise with our research staff to support outreach for their work.

A difficult part of the job is staying abreast of what our research team is doing. The most enjoyable part is staying abreast of the environmental issues we face on a constant and growing basis. My co-workers are highly educated and generally pleasant to work with.
Pros
flex time.
Cons
low compensation compared to others in my field.

Other Environmental Law Institute Employee Reviews

Great place to work, very flexible
Environmental Peacebuilding Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2017
I conduct research on topics related to natural resources and conflict. I find this position very interesting. and it helps me to learn more about topics related to my field and my interests.