Program Manager – Industrial Hygiene and Safety Compliance Environmental Operations, Inc.
Environmental Operations, Inc. (EOI) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and ambitious individual to serve as Corporate Safety Program Manager and to assist in the development of our Industrial Hygiene and Safety (IHS) Consulting Programs. EOI is a regional, growth oriented firm providing turnkey consulting and contracting services in the environmental, geotechnical, abatement and demolition fields. Headquartered in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, our primary market focus is in Missouri, Illinois and the surrounding Midwest Region. Our services include:
- environmental engineering and consulting
- industrial hygiene and safety consulting services
- asbestos, lead and mold assessment and abatement oversight
- soil and groundwater remediation
- building abatement and demolition
- geotechnical engineering
- construction observation and testing
- brownfields investigation, remediation and redevelopment services
- environmental risk transfer and assumption
We offer full benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401k.
The IHS Program Manager will focus on two main functions:
- Management, development and implementation of the EOI Corporate Safety Program to protect the health and safety of EOI employees and contractors.
- Provide IHS consulting services to outside clients.
1. Continues the development and improvement of the EOI Corporate Safety Program.
2. Implements and enforces the EOI Corporate Safety Program through aggressive, on-site safety inspections, employee training, and discipline.
3. Identifies applicable OSHA rules and regulatory requirements and makes appropriate recommendations to project and senior management.
4. Provides IHS consulting services to outside clients.
5. Takes an active role in support of business development efforts.
6. Serves as internal technical resource for OSHA compliance and employee safety.
1. Provides professional development guidance and coaching to IHS staff.
2. Interfaces with OSHA or EPA regulators on behalf of the company and/or clients.
3. Oversees EOI workers’ compensation cases.
1. Undergraduate degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, engineering, chemistry, biology or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in the IHS compliance and/or consulting fields.
3. CIH, P.E., CSP or Asbestos Project Designer certifications or advanced degree in an IHS-related field.
4. Working knowledge of health and safety laws and regulations.
5. Effective analytic, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Highly motivated, confident, and ambitious, with a commitment to quality.
7. Willingness and ability to travel.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Work experience in asbestos and lead consulting and abatement.
2. Experience in construction related safety programs including fall protection, respiratory protection, hazard communication, and job safety analysis.