Environmental Protection Agency Employee Reviews

wonderful people and environmental
Financial Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 25, 2017
secure protection location, wonderful nature walk trails, involve some wonderful communities such as KCCC - toys for tots - harverest, lot of good training and workshops.
Pros
walk trails
Cons
I did not work for the EPA
Secretary to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 24, 2017
I did not work for the EPA.

While working for MDM Services, who did work (contract) for the EPA, but also work outside the EPA that required FDEP (Florida Department of Environmental Resources) approvals and forms
Ok to gain experience
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 24, 2017
Got hired as a contractor, but seems contractors are second class citizens compared to federal employees. No job culture at all. I do like is the very flexible schedule.
Productive and fulfilling
Records Information Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the EPA. The client was extremely pleasant to work with and the work was very important to the public. I enjoyed the challenges of working with numerous divisions of the company.
Pros
Location, friendly atmosphere
Cons
uncertainty dealing with government
Productive enviorment
Helpdesk Analyst /Tier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2017
Productive environment, everyone was very helpful and easy to work with. Hardest part of job was the short lunch breaks. I would definitely recommend this job for anyone that trying to get in the I.T. field.
Environmental protection agency
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 3, 2017
The environment was age appropriate. The people were nice. There was team work when it came to other employees and management. The job was easy. The workers were environmental friendly.
Pros
Hours and benifits
Cons
Na
New Federal Agency experiences growing pains
Remedial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
The Superfund Division in which I worked was a newly formed organization with many regulatory, policy-making, and workforce challenges. The agency matured during my tenure and learned from prior mistakes. Employees were hard-working, dedicated, and motivated by their desire to improve the environment.
Great Agency
(EPA) certified renovator in lead based paint (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2017
The EPA is a great company. Good benefits, great work life balance, and awesome culture.

Benefits and pay competitive. Very long work hours, but will pay off.
Great place
Summer Office Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2017
Working at the EPA was very fun. The job task I received were challenging but rewarding. The employees very really nice.
I just did this
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 28, 2017
I just did a review for EPA. I do not have anything else to say about it. I only had one job at EPA. Please let me go. I already said everything I possibly could about being an unpaid volunteer.
A very great company to work for
Loan Processor/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Very demanding. Keeps you on your toes. Rules that you have to follow to get approval. I learned something new everyday. The process of getting the loan approval is very important that you follow though. management was always around if you need help. Work place with co workers was always fun.
Pros
Get to talk to different people everyday
Cons
Can never forget what you are doing.
Alion Science & Technology / contractor for Environmental Protection Agency
ESAT contractor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to work. I really wish our current administration was as concern about our environment as my fellow co workers and myself are. I really enjoy my job.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with also enjoyed making a difference in our environment.
Cons
Not stable
Opportunities
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Good growth atmosphere, great people although it does have its challenges. Buildings and atmosphere and campus is beautiful. In the RTP area
Cons
Toxicology Data Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 14, 2017
The EPA is paramount to protecting human health and the environment. I am proud to say that I work at such a diverse, talented, and productive atmosphere.
Work Environment and Productivity
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2017
My typical work day consists of database management and updates. I am able to work from home which eliminated distraction when working with several hundred lines of data to review.

Skills I have learned include web posting and various data software use.

Relating to management my responsibilities have included the management of the agencies contract officers warrants. In that area I am a team if one.

The workplace culture is an open design, cubical setting and lots of interaction with other within ones division. I currently work from home 100% of the time as my work is portable and 100% computer based.

The hardest part of my job relates to attaining needed response documents for review via email. These documents pertain to Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests which I manage 50% of my time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is completing tasks on time, being able to satisfy my customer requests, and being able to create and provide data reports to he various division directors.
Pros
Working from home, 4 10 hour days and one day off each week.
Cons
Rare lunch break due to complexity of a particular project.
The work was extremely gratifying
Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 5, 2017
As a contract negotiator/contracting officer, I was extremely busy daily communicating with contractors via phone and in person. The work was very interesting and gratifying. The busiest time of the year was from July-September and was often stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was awarding successful contracts and modifications to contracts. The management style was somewhat intense and unfriendly, which resulted in frustration and discontent. However, I overcame those obstacles by remaining focused on my work.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
Worked very long hours
Fun place to work most of the time
Federal Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709February 3, 2017
You learned a lot about how government really functions some things that you may not even want to know. You can make some good contacts if you like meeting and talking with people. They function but because of the decreasing budget are unable to enforce the environmental laws. They live in fear of being shut down one day.
Pros
Meeting people vast connections
Cons
politics
exc place to work
Regional Manager, Emergency Management Program (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 6, 2017
EPA is home to very dedicated scientists and engineers who care deeply about protecting the environment and public health. The emergency response program is among the best departments.
Well-meaning, committed government employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2016
The Environmental Protection Agency has been extremely harmed by industrial lobbying in this country and has little power to make the changes or enforce the regulations it is tasked with creating and enforcing. However, even with that the people that work at the EPA are an incredibly committed group of government employees doing their best with their hands tied.
Pros
Travel costs covered and working from home encouraged
Cons
Hard to determine effectiveness of work
Epa
Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2016
A nice place to work. If you do your job you will be rewarded and promoted. Training and skill development is readily available for all employees who seek additional training in a variety of areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental Protection Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2