Environmental Protection Agency Employee Reviews

Performed a mediation for the EPA
Volunteer Federal Mediator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2017
My boss from the VA worked at the EPA, but as a federal mediator I performed a mediation at the EPA. The mediation proved successful and I was able to help the parties resolve their differences.
Pros
clean air and water
Cons
too many employees too little work
Excellent mission and career employees
Chief of Staff, Research and Development, US EPA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2017
The employees of EPA are hard working and deeply committed to protecting human health and the environment. The work is varied and never boring. Managers are supportive and care about career growth. The Office of Research and Development produces the science to support sound environmental decision-making. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling like we're making a difference. The dedicated people are a bonus!
good place
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60604August 18, 2017
Public service and protects public from toxic environment. Helping people to live longer and healthy. Good team work environment and need to be a team player.
My Opinion
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20460August 12, 2017
Daily provided customer, busy from 0700-1600, very enjoyable even though it was my first position as contractor employee. Completed travel orders, vouchers, order supplies, paid for supplies, completed various documents in excel, and power point daily for the director.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Office was cold
Depends on the branch and team
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 9, 2017
Some groups are better than others. There are some dysfunctional managers who should not be managers. Manager does not know how to manage people and thinks managing people by coercing them with his supervisory power is the way to do his job.
Pros
Overall the Agency is a great place
Cons
Some rigid managers with issues
Rewarding workplace with challenging work
Office of Research and Development (ORD) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2017
Employees have an opportunity to work on a wide range of issues, and are dedicated to the Agency's mission of protecting the environment and human health.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 3, 2017
I worked at EPA through Research Evaluation and Associated. I Served as Project Secretary at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) with the Health Effects Research Laboratory (HERL) office with duties such as word processing, transcribing, editing, data entry, copying, maintaining files, and data entry.
Wonderful place to work and learn.
Director and State Secretary (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 27, 2017
Productive and fun place to work with so many professional & friendly employees. Group Leaders are nice to their employees and when they leave their group; changes hurts. They provide Nursing Clinic and Exercise Gym in the building. Have days to celebrate outstanding employees.Have Picnics! I can say that everyday can be a typical day and when it is not SEARCH YOURSELF.
Usepa
Scene Coordinator- Region II Removal Action Branch (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 26, 2017
Lots of good folks at the United States Environmental Protection Agency. SOme of my best mentors reside at the USEPA. Great Walking path. Nice new Response area.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mallaise
Ferderal
Clerk-Typist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2017
Very informative, organize and professional. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Management was great and wish I was still a employed with the agency.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 12, 2017
Management will micromanage all of their employees. Management will fire you with no explanation on why they are letting you go. They will tell you they dont want to get into the reason why but they no longer need you,
You should intern here
Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 1, 2017
I completed an internship here as part of my university program. It was unpaid, but I enjoyed learning about federal civil service and waste management.
Interesting place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2017
Work is meaningful and you feel like you are doing something to help the environment through various programs within our job. Everyone cares about making a difference.
Pros
People
Cons
Angry public comments
Good Government Agency to work for
Designated Federal Official (Biologist) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
Interesting work - vital mission. People dedicated to the task of protecting the environment. Ample opportunities and decent training available. Management is not always the best, but...
A desire to love nature is a must!
Ops Park Ranger (Current Employee) –  Lake Louisa St ParkJune 24, 2017
My role at Lake Louisa is to help restore the land. A typical day would be scouting invasive and exotic weeds for removal. I have learned how fire plays a role in restoration as well as removing the invasive plants. I am outside all day in the elements of Florida, all year long. Management is the best I have ever had. The hardest part of the job is the heat. My most enjoyable part is working with the biologist's and being out in nature.
Pros
Very relaxed, able to use my degree
Cons
Pay
It was a mixed environment with alot of things to improve your skills.
Senior Network/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
There is a lot of support from team members. There is a lot of rotations to support users so there is a lot of walking because the offices were spread out.
Pros
There had good benefits
Cons
The contract ended.
Very fast paced dynamic work environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grosse Ile, MIJune 14, 2017
A typical work day consisted of checking all systems for errors, checking the continuity of the backups, checking and monitoring ticketing systems, Contacting clients arranging date for repair,upgrade or change out. Updating closing and creating tickets.
Pros
Busy day
Productive Easy Going, like a family
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2017
I learned many molecular techniques. I was on a few different projects providing input and help in experiments. Coworkers are easy going but reliable and hard working when needed. Achieving the goals set were easy and everyone was encouraging.
I thought it was an overall great experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
A typical day involved me arriving at 9:00 am and working on organizing a hard copy database of prospective small businesses for the fiscal years of 2009-2011 . As well as, advising on strategies to recruit students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities as
future interns. The management were very professional and helpful throughout my internship. The workplace culture was very warm and inviting. The hardest part of that job was leaving it and the most enjoyable part of the job was my interactions with my immediate supervisor.
Epa
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 5, 2017
epa has a great environment fo ryou to work in, offers great benefits, allow you to work from home, had a great experience at this work place would reccomend to a friend