Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

IT Lead position - no frills
EZ Tech Service Desk Lead(Contractor) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Managing a team of qualified and trusted individuals, all made the best of an often stressful work environment
Cons: Management lacked understanding of call center limits when agreeing to Federal performance metrics
Core hour lead position for an RTP Based Call Center,
Managed a team of 12 fulltime and 2 part-time individuals,
Handled the performance tracking and review of all RTP call center staff,
Created and maintained Knowledge base articles for use in training and day-to-day operations,
Coordinated with DC Call center lead on staff availability for 6am to 9pm Mon-Fri hours,
Assisted RTP manager in organizing statistics on RTP Call Center performance along with coverage for Operations calls should availability be an issue,
Being a government contracted position - there were unexpected pitfalls( 2013 furlough, administration change, general bureaucracy, etc),
Expressed difficulty with Project Manager over counterpart in DC(noted by dozens of RTP based(and some DC Based) staff members both prior and during my employment). Comments were received and subsequently ignored by both the Project Manager and replacement RTP Service Desk Manager,
Job is not challenging
Administrative Program Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2015
As far as my current position, I would like a more challenging position with more work. There is not enough room for growth within my current position. They need to utilize their admins more and provide a better career ladder as well.
Student Services Contractor (Current Employee), Athens, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: job security and pay
Cons: red tape as in any government organization
It is a federal government organization. Good place to work especially as a researcher. No pressures of writing grants to continue the research or to teach. Still can hire students and work on research.
As it is a federal government job, there is definitely job security, good pay and benefits
Co-Op
Chemical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed being a Co-op at the EPA Cincinnati site, but I didn't have very much work to do. The best part about this job was being able to network and finding things to do on my own.
Great people, poor management
Senior Environmental Employee (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 4, 2015
Staff works very hard to protect the environment while getting industry the help needed so they can function. All the bad press about EPA hindering business is garbage.
Satisfying and rewarding working for the environment and the well being of the human population.
Executive Assistant to Director (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
A demanding work environment with many moving parts. The administrative ranks is pretty slim resulting a heavy workload. Management is hard working but can be unresponsive to support staff needs. the staff is great to work with and do treat support personnel with respect.
WONDERFUL COMPANY
Management Program Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, CoFebruary 18, 2015
If it we're not for budget cuts I would still be trying to get back to this place, it was the best place I've ever worked, great mentorship, always room to grow and learn!
POroductive and working with co-workers
Secretary II (Former Employee), Durham, North CarolinaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: relationship with my co-workers and administrative staff
Cons: short breaks and after hour times.
A typical day for me at work included dealing with phone customers, patients as there came into the office;assisting with patient exams; all bookkeeping areas. What I learned was how to respect wishes of the patient. Management area was i hiring employees. Iworked well with all mt co-workers and the hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship developed with my co-workers and the administrative staff.
excellent environment in all aspects
Information Management Specialist GS-12 (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: able to work at your pace & things were always busy
Cons: took awhile to get things approved
supervisor & staff enjoyable. felt like I was making a difference. always honored for a job well done monetarily or given time off.
My favorite job thus far ...
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2015
I loved this job. I had wonderful coworker. I felt part of something greater than myself. I learned a lot about providing "customer service" to my coworkers and about human resources in federal service. I think what I enjoyed most was the feeling for fulfilment I felt in doing my job well. I strived to excellence each day and it was appreciated by those I worked with.
Very good work experience
Student Service Contract (Current Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 1, 2015
It is good to work with Environmental Protection Agency especially as a researcher, as it provides the freedom of doing research very similar to that of academics.
Secretary
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
All of the tasks requirement are typing, filing, and answering phone calls. Adhering to supervisors needs along with distributing mail and gathering mail. Taking on new projects as assigned.
Lifetime Career
Supervisor - Carolyn Bohlen (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I started working here practically fresh out of high school as a clerk-typist. I advanced through out my tenure to ultimately become a Enforcement Specialist. The growth here was phenomenal.

I initially prepared Enforcement Documents and provided support to Attorneys, Engineers and Scientist. I provided customer service to the public and provided them with information on which Office to contact to fulfill their request. I also prepared FOIA request. I later in my career did Enforcement activities to prepare for Department of Justice cases. I did research on Companies background, assets location and ability to pay for Hazardous Waste fines as outlined in the Superfund program.

I learned to be a professional in all situations, how to handle difficult people and how to work as an effective team member.

Management was conducive to motivating employees to go beyond doing their best to succeed in all Agency goals.
Enjoyable experience
Oak Ridge Science and Education Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
Positive learning experience
Great management
Flexible schedule
Fellowship Review
ORISE Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 22, 2014
A 4-year ORISE fellowship can be extremely beneficial for career experience. It allows you the flexibility to work for different managers and programs, and depending on your mentor, can provide you with experience directing projects and taking the lead on initiatives. My experience at EPA has been positive, but it can be difficult to work with management at ORAU as their policies are continually changing and their directives are not consistent or clear.
Great benefits and atmosphere
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 19, 2014
Loved the benefits and work environment. Very nice people and place to work.
Work was very difficult but good for learning
System Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
The staff was not very team oriented it was more for every man for themselves. despite that it was a good opportunity to develop independent skills
Productive Work Area
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Full day with many different tasks and communication with high level management and co-workers in various departments.
Good Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Crystal City, VAOctober 5, 2014
Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work

1 2 3 4 5