Environmental Protection Agency Employee Reviews

Administrative Specialist, GS (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work -- Management is supportive of employees as well as the communities. Pay, work-life, environment - all very good.
Regulatory Risk Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 14, 2015
It is federal agency for the United States goverment. The EPA is located in DC and Arlington.
Nice work environment
Sr. Application Developer (Former Employee), Washington DCAugust 10, 2015
The workplace at EPA was challenging but a very comfortable environment to work in. Unfortunately with the Government sequestration the contract was forced to be terminated .
This is a wonderful company to work for
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2015
This is a great place to work if you have a family because the management is very flexable on letting you leave when needed if you have the leave built up to take leave. They are not very keen on building you up in your position. You stay where you are for a long time before you are even considered for advancement, if at all.
Great mission, politically paralyzed
Project Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 4, 2015
If the agency's hand's weren't so tied politically this would be an amazing place to work. Instead it's a target with fire drills
I was on a grant so there is NO job security
Cost Recovery and Investigative Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great people in Seattle office, work your own hours
Cons: Washington DC knuckleheads in security, have nothing to do with saving the environment, or human health
Loved the job - while it lasted....It was a grant position so there was no security. I had no direct supervisor for 6 months and there were floating managers for a year.
Network learning experience
Windows 7 Deployment Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: on bus route
Cons: traffic
Typical work day includes checking with all users at work and making sure systems are functioning correctly. Imaging new system for incoming users from other facilities
Amazing experience
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), North Chelmsford, MAJuly 1, 2015
Working at the EPA for two summer internships was amazing. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot! I spent almost every day in the field learning something new.
Productive place to work.
Information Management Specialist (Current Employee), Washington DCMay 28, 2015
Productive place to work and flexible with family and work schedules. The location is close to metro which is very good and they offer metro subsidy to employees.
Great organizaiton
Chief, National Recruitment (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
EPA gets is right in terms of accomplishing a very important mission and taking care of its employees! The work/life balance programs are some of the best in the federal government! Great people and leadership from top to bottom.
Great Working Environment
Document Conversion Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2015
Great Place to work, Respectable and down to earth staff.
clean working environment. Easy commuting in and out. A career job with plenty of potential and advancement,
Help Desk Support for EPA Employees and Contractors
Tier 1 Help Desk (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 20, 2015
Typical day at work is Help Desk/Call Center support for all EPA employees and contractors nation wide. I'd say the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers, however; working in these position that is the norm. The culture is over all a positive environment, though mostly because of my co-workers.
EPA
Program Analyst GS/11 (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2015
This job is a decent job. Full of hard workers trying to reach a goal for the benefit of the Country as well as the Agency. I started working at the Environmental Protection Agency as an intern in 2007.
productive working team and fun officemate
Research Associate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2015
In the productive and well organized team, I build up my skills in water and wastewater detection and treatment innovative techniques, enjoy the relax and efficiency working environments, broaden my professional networks, improve communication skills.
Nice lied back workplace.
Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 14, 2015
Handle remedy tickets off-site remotely and on-site issues. Working along side with other technicians to come up with a wide range of solutions to a number of issues.
secure workplace, but not much opportunity for advancement once you reach a certain GS level
Chemical Review Manager (Current Employee), arlington, vaApril 6, 2015
Pros: nice job security, good pension benefits, great work life balance
Cons: few opportunities for advancement and bad technology
EPA is a good place to work. The job security is great. The work life balance is great. The compensation is average. The culture will depend on which office you are in. I'm in pesticides. My coworkers are smart, interesting, and capable people, but there isn't much opportunity for advancement once you reach a certain GS level. Management often dilly dallies a long time before deciding to make key policy decisions. Our IT stuff is terrible. We have really cheap Dell computers that malfunction all the time. It's difficult to work from home. Overall a good place to work, but not stellar.
IT Lead position - no frills
EZ Tech Service Desk Lead(Contractor) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Managing a team of qualified and trusted individuals, all made the best of an often stressful work environment
Cons: Management lacked understanding of call center limits when agreeing to Federal performance metrics
Core hour lead position for an RTP Based Call Center,
Managed a team of 12 fulltime and 2 part-time individuals,
Handled the performance tracking and review of all RTP call center staff,
Created and maintained Knowledge base articles for use in training and day-to-day operations,
Coordinated with DC Call center lead on staff availability for 6am to 9pm Mon-Fri hours,
Assisted RTP manager in organizing statistics on RTP Call Center performance along with coverage for Operations calls should availability be an issue,
Being a government contracted position - there were unexpected pitfalls( 2013 furlough, administration change, general bureaucracy, etc),
Expressed difficulty with Project Manager over counterpart in DC(noted by dozens of RTP based(and some DC Based) staff members both prior and during my employment). Comments were received and subsequently ignored by both the Project Manager and replacement RTP Service Desk Manager,
Job is not challenging
Administrative Program Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2015
As far as my current position, I would like a more challenging position with more work. There is not enough room for growth within my current position. They need to utilize their admins more and provide a better career ladder as well.
Student Services Contractor (Current Employee), Athens, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: job security and pay
Cons: red tape as in any government organization
It is a federal government organization. Good place to work especially as a researcher. No pressures of writing grants to continue the research or to teach. Still can hire students and work on research.
As it is a federal government job, there is definitely job security, good pay and benefits
Co-Op
Chemical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed being a Co-op at the EPA Cincinnati site, but I didn't have very much work to do. The best part about this job was being able to network and finding things to do on my own.