Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

Secretary
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
All of the tasks requirement are typing, filing, and answering phone calls. Adhering to supervisors needs along with distributing mail and gathering mail. Taking on new projects as assigned.
Lifetime Career
Supervisor - Carolyn Bohlen (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I started working here practically fresh out of high school as a clerk-typist. I advanced through out my tenure to ultimately become a Enforcement Specialist. The growth here was phenomenal.

I initially prepared Enforcement Documents and provided support to Attorneys, Engineers and Scientist. I provided customer service to the public and provided them with information on which Office to contact to fulfill their request. I also prepared FOIA request. I later in my career did Enforcement activities to prepare for Department of Justice cases. I did research on Companies background, assets location and ability to pay for Hazardous Waste fines as outlined in the Superfund program.

I learned to be a professional in all situations, how to handle difficult people and how to work as an effective team member.

Management was conducive to motivating employees to go beyond doing their best to succeed in all Agency goals.
Enjoyable experience
Oak Ridge Science and Education Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
Positive learning experience
Great management
Flexible schedule
Fellowship Review
ORISE Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 22, 2014
A 4-year ORISE fellowship can be extremely beneficial for career experience. It allows you the flexibility to work for different managers and programs, and depending on your mentor, can provide you with experience directing projects and taking the lead on initiatives. My experience at EPA has been positive, but it can be difficult to work with management at ORAU as their policies are continually changing and their directives are not consistent or clear.
Great benefits and atmosphere
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 19, 2014
Loved the benefits and work environment. Very nice people and place to work.
Work was very difficult but good for learning
System Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
The staff was not very team oriented it was more for every man for themselves. despite that it was a good opportunity to develop independent skills
Productive Work Area
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Full day with many different tasks and communication with high level management and co-workers in various departments.
Good Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Crystal City, VAOctober 5, 2014
Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work
New troubleshooting issues everyday
Acting Team Lead / Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at work consist of working on all different types of tickets. Pretty much everyday day I learn something new just working the tickets. I get along with my co workers well. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of training when jumping into multiple specific company based applications.
Federal Agency with Excellent Mission, that empowers employees to lead by example.
Deputy Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: agency commitment to excellence and collaboration.
Cons: budgetary constraints
I learned how to advocate for communities, support cultural diversity and traditional practices. I worked with a multi-faceted group of staff and managers. The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to say no. The most rewarding experience was empowering employees and community outreach activities.
Great Workplace
Records Management Specialist III (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
• Valued by supervisors for having a strong commitment to the department’s/companies missions, goals and objectives
A good job if you can get it
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
The Environmental Protection Agency is a great place to work. A professional job is better since like a lot of places they are downsizing and the administrative staff has taken a huge hit.
Outstanding place to work
Supervisory Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: work life program, alternate work location opportunities
Cons: lots of work
Daily challenges and opportunities for growth. Meaningful mission and great customers. Staff was dedicated and hard working.
Work environment was conducive to doing your best.
work life programs were well implemented and high motivators.
Dynamic and friendly environment
CSR Fellow (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Co-workers were specialists in their field; management was supportive and encouraging
Excellent place to work!
Law Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Perfect mix of autonomy and teamwork. High amount of responsibility and even higher expectations,
coworkers were friendly, laid back
Janitorial Custodian (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2014
Pros: laid back, no micro managing
Cons: part time
I liked working for this company, very laid back, but was part time so was not enough income to live off of
Great place
Sr. Mail Clerk /Customer Service (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: contract ended
We were sub-contracting and our contract was out- bid. The new company taking over brought in their own crew.
Awesome Summer Intern
Physical Science Technician (GS-4) (Former Employee), Athens, GAJune 4, 2014
This was my first internship as a senior chemistry student. It was great exposure with working for the government. It gave me the opportunity to see how government rules and regulations are mandated.
Going to events and presenting about Air Quality
Intern (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 29, 2014
Pros: working four ten hour days
Cons: leaving once the summer was over
Working for the EPA as an Intern was an educational experience that I will never forget. When going to work I would get with my mentor and discuss what I would do for the day. I would attend meetings with the Liaison officer when they were meeting with the tribes in the region. I would go with my mentor to help set-up booths during job fairs and assist in educating the public about Air Quality in our state. I was put in charge of designing a new poster board for the job fairs my mentor really liked the job I did. My co-workers were very helpful when I had questions they made me feel welcomed on my first day. I really didn't have a part of my job that I thought was hard. The enjoyable part of my job was knowing I had contributed in helping educate the public about the environment.

1 2 3 4 5