Environmental Protection Agency Employee Reviews in United States

Nothing is guaranteed
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2016
I was on a one year probation period which was terminated without giving a clear reason. This agency can terminate at will be careful.
Office of General Counsel - EPA
Office of General Counsel (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2016
Awesome opportunity if you are a ivy league college grad who wants to build a family while working in the law field. Not an ideal environment for a non-attorney.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Diversity
Very high level jobs with the opportunity to Telework
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2016
Most projects were very educational, active participation to the public and inter-office work share was definitely a required focus. Excellent yearly training with tracking by management. Annual Reviews written with your input was required.
Pros
Training, job opportunities, Awards
Good
Clerical/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2016
While at Environmental Protection Agency I was responsible to organize and set up many of the company’s activities and events. I participated in the organization and development of the companies Facebook page. The duties I performed included photocopying, faxing and filing of many documents
Great Place
Associate Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2016
Great place to work; highly recommend checking it out. Grass is greener. Located in Washington District of Columbia.

Everyday is Earth day at EPA
Excellence job content
Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arobr, MIApril 12, 2016
Great place to work. My manager treats employees with respect and as adults with much to input. It is a team environment with many departments that come together for one goal.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working in cubicle
Epa
Honors Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2016
Loved every second of working there. Everyone seems happy, and not stressed. Theres nothing better than living and working in DC!
Pathway Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the EPA. It only helped affirm that working with human health and the environment s something I definitely want to do. I got to see different aspects of those processes and got to work with very knowledgeable people on various projects, some outside of my specific work group.
Great Place during Internship
Student Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2016
My time at the EPA was under an unpaid internship. Although I was not paid, the experience and knowledge I gained from my time there was second to none.
Pros
Free Metro Fare
Cons
I wasn't paid
Professional Setup and Efficient grants management
Senior Auditor, Awards Compliance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2016
Professional Setup and Efficient grants management.Nice place to work and lots of learning opportunity. There is a lot of independence in working and lot of scope to learn for self development.
Pros
Good working condition
Cons
Sometimes response time from management is very slow.
Working with Intent
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2016
Overall, the primary intent of the EPA workforce is to improve the various ecosystems that our mission effect. However, the politics overall deal the impact and value that the great people want to execute.
Pros
Work/lIfe flexibility
Cons
Lack of Diversity of thought and experience in senior roles
Work day
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Work day started at 5:30 and ended at 2:30.

Reviewed outgoing correspondence and reports for proper formatting, adherence to instructions, accuracy and completeness.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Good Place to Work
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2015
The EPA is a good place to work. You have a good balance between work and home. The only problem if you want to move up the ladder in promotion you will probably have to move to Washington DC. It has great benefits and great people overall.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Salary, Benefits
Cons
Promotion Limited
mostly productive but dated workplace.
Community Involvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2015
Day to day duties vary greatly by season and work week. Benefits are out of office travel and regular communication and close working relationships with all offices withing the agency.
USEPA Review
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
Overall, I felt like it was a great place to work at and wish I could have gotten a job there after my internship ended. My typical day consisted of me doing mainly routine admin work (mailings, filing, timecard auditing, etc.). However, some days I would do more hands on work such as looking over official USEPA documents. During my time there, I learned a lot about government processes and the amount of paperwork need to do anything. My management always gave me high marks on reviews and I always got along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was running out of work to do and becoming bored. The most enjoyable thing was being the go to person for when employees had any issues with systems or their work.
Pros
Days off, flexable schedule.
Cons
Healthcare, bad employees rarely fired.
A rapid and creative atmosphere
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 21, 2015
Worked with knowledge based personnel and learned a get it done attitude. Creative planning.Chemistry . The satisfaction of a job well done. The hardest part was setting the layout of the process. most enjoyable was going home after a job with no safety violations.
Pros
travel
Cons
conditions heat cold and chemical in nature
Mission-driven organization, subject to the costs and benefits of being Federal
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2015
Great organization to work for: mission-driven, very collegial, interesting work and well managed. IT is not the best, but the ills over at EPA are similar throughout the federal government so it's not surprising. Well worth the occasional headache, particularly if one is driven by the balancing of industry and environmental advocate for public policy.
Us epa hr
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (DETAIL) (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 28, 2015
work independently on hr action for various customers I learned that training is a must co-workers assist each other when needed hardest part of the job is constant changing of priorities most enjoyable is learning new areas of HR
Pros
learn about federal governmnet
Cons
n/a
Fast paced-lots of office politics, seldom fun, stressful, demanding.
Secretary/Typing (Current Employee) –  1200 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2015
Very quiet, demanding, very busy lots of management meeting no time for light conversation. Hard to communicate. Nothing to enjoy anymore.
Employees are dedicated and believe in the work that they are doing.
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2015
Employees are very dedicated to their jobs and take their jobs very seriously. Top management needs to be improved. It is always enjoyable to come to work with upbeat people that are dedicated.
Pros
Free bus pass
Cons
Poor management

4.3