Environmental Protection Agency Employee Reviews

Ferderal
Clerk-Typist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2017
Very informative, organize and professional. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Management was great and wish I was still a employed with the agency.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 12, 2017
Management will micromanage all of their employees. Management will fire you with no explanation on why they are letting you go. They will tell you they dont want to get into the reason why but they no longer need you,
You should intern here
Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 1, 2017
I completed an internship here as part of my university program. It was unpaid, but I enjoyed learning about federal civil service and waste management.
Interesting place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2017
Work is meaningful and you feel like you are doing something to help the environment through various programs within our job. Everyone cares about making a difference.
Pros
People
Cons
Angry public comments
Good Government Agency to work for
Designated Federal Official (Biologist) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
Interesting work - vital mission. People dedicated to the task of protecting the environment. Ample opportunities and decent training available. Management is not always the best, but...
A desire to love nature is a must!
Ops Park Ranger (Current Employee) –  Lake Louisa St ParkJune 24, 2017
My role at Lake Louisa is to help restore the land. A typical day would be scouting invasive and exotic weeds for removal. I have learned how fire plays a role in restoration as well as removing the invasive plants. I am outside all day in the elements of Florida, all year long. Management is the best I have ever had. The hardest part of the job is the heat. My most enjoyable part is working with the biologist's and being out in nature.
Pros
Very relaxed, able to use my degree
Cons
Pay
It was a mixed environment with alot of things to improve your skills.
Senior Network/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
There is a lot of support from team members. There is a lot of rotations to support users so there is a lot of walking because the offices were spread out.
Pros
There had good benefits
Cons
The contract ended.
Very fast paced dynamic work environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grosse Ile, MIJune 14, 2017
A typical work day consisted of checking all systems for errors, checking the continuity of the backups, checking and monitoring ticketing systems, Contacting clients arranging date for repair,upgrade or change out. Updating closing and creating tickets.
Pros
Busy day
Productive Easy Going, like a family
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2017
I learned many molecular techniques. I was on a few different projects providing input and help in experiments. Coworkers are easy going but reliable and hard working when needed. Achieving the goals set were easy and everyone was encouraging.
I thought it was an overall great experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
A typical day involved me arriving at 9:00 am and working on organizing a hard copy database of prospective small businesses for the fiscal years of 2009-2011 . As well as, advising on strategies to recruit students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities as
future interns. The management were very professional and helpful throughout my internship. The workplace culture was very warm and inviting. The hardest part of that job was leaving it and the most enjoyable part of the job was my interactions with my immediate supervisor.
Epa
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 5, 2017
epa has a great environment fo ryou to work in, offers great benefits, allow you to work from home, had a great experience at this work place would reccomend to a friend
An excellent place with good Emploees
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
A decent place to grow and use your experience. provides opportunity to get education and learn. Have excellent benefits and good team relation work.Coordinated employee contractor relationship to accomplish goals.
Started as Budget Analyst and promoted to Cost Advisory Auditor
Cost Advisory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2017
This was a special job that I loved very much. There were several promotional opportunities and I worked with a dedicated and professional group of employees. The only reason that I left was for what I thought was more opportunity at GE.
Pros
Great working conditions and promotional opportunities
Learn valuable skills but through sweat and tears..
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 18, 2017
Work at the EPA really depends upon your PI. My experience was quite hectic and frankly, a pain. My lab work was not bad but my PI was constantly changing things, that did not make sense scientifically and made you redo things over and over because they could not make their mind up. Usually this would not bother me but the PI gave all of the lab members so much work to do, there was never enough time to finish anything completely.
A Mission Driven Culture
Grants Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2017
A-typical of a government agency the EPA is made up of highly committed people dedicated to a cause. In that sense they are great.

With a promote from within culture, the best people do not always get the job, and management remains insulated and not challenged by fresh ideas and outside perspective.
A job with a view
Student Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMay 8, 2017
It is hard to find a more beautiful place to work than here. The lab is on an island in the middle of the bay. Dolphins regularly swim around and the view is breathtaking.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Kind of out of the way
Great place to work!
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
It's all around a great place to work. For new people there isn't a lot of training, due to budget cuts; and every year your budget may or may not be cut, which inhibits management's ability to plan for advancing employees. Because of the fluctuation younger people will likely come and leave.
Pros
Benfits, the work and the culture
Cons
No room for advancement and training
Decent federal government job
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
I did an internship with EPA in Boston to help fulfill my JD credits at law school. The environment at EPA is your typical government job. Very slow paced and easy-going. I enjoyed my time with them.
wonderful people and environmental
Financial Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 25, 2017
secure protection location, wonderful nature walk trails, involve some wonderful communities such as KCCC - toys for tots - harverest, lot of good training and workshops.
Pros
walk trails
Cons
I did not work for the EPA
Secretary to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 24, 2017
I did not work for the EPA.

While working for MDM Services, who did work (contract) for the EPA, but also work outside the EPA that required FDEP (Florida Department of Environmental Resources) approvals and forms