Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

WONDERFUL COMPANY
Management Program Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, CoFebruary 18, 2015
If it we're not for budget cuts I would still be trying to get back to this place, it was the best place I've ever worked, great mentorship, always room to grow and learn!
POroductive and working with co-workers
Secretary II (Former Employee), Durham, North CarolinaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: relationship with my co-workers and administrative staff
Cons: short breaks and after hour times.
A typical day for me at work included dealing with phone customers, patients as there came into the office;assisting with patient exams; all bookkeeping areas. What I learned was how to respect wishes of the patient. Management area was i hiring employees. Iworked well with all mt co-workers and the hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationship developed with my co-workers and the administrative staff.
excellent environment in all aspects
Information Management Specialist GS-12 (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: able to work at your pace & things were always busy
Cons: took awhile to get things approved
supervisor & staff enjoyable. felt like I was making a difference. always honored for a job well done monetarily or given time off.
My favorite job thus far ...
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2015
I loved this job. I had wonderful coworker. I felt part of something greater than myself. I learned a lot about providing "customer service" to my coworkers and about human resources in federal service. I think what I enjoyed most was the feeling for fulfilment I felt in doing my job well. I strived to excellence each day and it was appreciated by those I worked with.
Very good work experience
Student Service Contract (Current Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 1, 2015
It is good to work with Environmental Protection Agency especially as a researcher, as it provides the freedom of doing research very similar to that of academics.
Secretary
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
All of the tasks requirement are typing, filing, and answering phone calls. Adhering to supervisors needs along with distributing mail and gathering mail. Taking on new projects as assigned.
Lifetime Career
Supervisor - Carolyn Bohlen (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I started working here practically fresh out of high school as a clerk-typist. I advanced through out my tenure to ultimately become a Enforcement Specialist. The growth here was phenomenal.

I initially prepared Enforcement Documents and provided support to Attorneys, Engineers and Scientist. I provided customer service to the public and provided them with information on which Office to contact to fulfill their request. I also prepared FOIA request. I later in my career did Enforcement activities to prepare for Department of Justice cases. I did research on Companies background, assets location and ability to pay for Hazardous Waste fines as outlined in the Superfund program.

I learned to be a professional in all situations, how to handle difficult people and how to work as an effective team member.

Management was conducive to motivating employees to go beyond doing their best to succeed in all Agency goals.
Enjoyable experience
Oak Ridge Science and Education Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
Positive learning experience
Great management
Flexible schedule
Fellowship Review
ORISE Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 22, 2014
A 4-year ORISE fellowship can be extremely beneficial for career experience. It allows you the flexibility to work for different managers and programs, and depending on your mentor, can provide you with experience directing projects and taking the lead on initiatives. My experience at EPA has been positive, but it can be difficult to work with management at ORAU as their policies are continually changing and their directives are not consistent or clear.
Great benefits and atmosphere
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 19, 2014
Loved the benefits and work environment. Very nice people and place to work.
Work was very difficult but good for learning
System Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
The staff was not very team oriented it was more for every man for themselves. despite that it was a good opportunity to develop independent skills
Productive Work Area
Environmental Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Full day with many different tasks and communication with high level management and co-workers in various departments.
Good Place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Crystal City, VAOctober 5, 2014
Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work Good Place to work
New troubleshooting issues everyday
Acting Team Lead / Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at work consist of working on all different types of tickets. Pretty much everyday day I learn something new just working the tickets. I get along with my co workers well. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of training when jumping into multiple specific company based applications.
Federal Agency with Excellent Mission, that empowers employees to lead by example.
Deputy Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: agency commitment to excellence and collaboration.
Cons: budgetary constraints
I learned how to advocate for communities, support cultural diversity and traditional practices. I worked with a multi-faceted group of staff and managers. The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to say no. The most rewarding experience was empowering employees and community outreach activities.
Great Workplace
Records Management Specialist III (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
• Valued by supervisors for having a strong commitment to the department’s/companies missions, goals and objectives
A good job if you can get it
Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
The Environmental Protection Agency is a great place to work. A professional job is better since like a lot of places they are downsizing and the administrative staff has taken a huge hit.
Outstanding place to work
Supervisory Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: work life program, alternate work location opportunities
Cons: lots of work
Daily challenges and opportunities for growth. Meaningful mission and great customers. Staff was dedicated and hard working.
Work environment was conducive to doing your best.
work life programs were well implemented and high motivators.
Dynamic and friendly environment
CSR Fellow (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Co-workers were specialists in their field; management was supportive and encouraging

1 2 3 4 5