Environmental Protection Agency Employee Reviews

It was a mixed environment with alot of things to improve your skills.
Senior Network/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
There is a lot of support from team members. There is a lot of rotations to support users so there is a lot of walking because the offices were spread out.
Pros
There had good benefits
Cons
The contract ended.
Very fast paced dynamic work environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grosse Ile, MIJune 14, 2017
A typical work day consisted of checking all systems for errors, checking the continuity of the backups, checking and monitoring ticketing systems, Contacting clients arranging date for repair,upgrade or change out. Updating closing and creating tickets.
Pros
Busy day
Productive Easy Going, like a family
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 9, 2017
I learned many molecular techniques. I was on a few different projects providing input and help in experiments. Coworkers are easy going but reliable and hard working when needed. Achieving the goals set were easy and everyone was encouraging.
I thought it was an overall great experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
A typical day involved me arriving at 9:00 am and working on organizing a hard copy database of prospective small businesses for the fiscal years of 2009-2011 . As well as, advising on strategies to recruit students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities as
future interns. The management were very professional and helpful throughout my internship. The workplace culture was very warm and inviting. The hardest part of that job was leaving it and the most enjoyable part of the job was my interactions with my immediate supervisor.
Epa
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 5, 2017
epa has a great environment fo ryou to work in, offers great benefits, allow you to work from home, had a great experience at this work place would reccomend to a friend
An excellent place with good Emploees
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
A decent place to grow and use your experience. provides opportunity to get education and learn. Have excellent benefits and good team relation work.Coordinated employee contractor relationship to accomplish goals.
Started as Budget Analyst and promoted to Cost Advisory Auditor
Cost Advisory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2017
This was a special job that I loved very much. There were several promotional opportunities and I worked with a dedicated and professional group of employees. The only reason that I left was for what I thought was more opportunity at GE.
Pros
Great working conditions and promotional opportunities
Learn valuable skills but through sweat and tears..
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 18, 2017
Work at the EPA really depends upon your PI. My experience was quite hectic and frankly, a pain. My lab work was not bad but my PI was constantly changing things, that did not make sense scientifically and made you redo things over and over because they could not make their mind up. Usually this would not bother me but the PI gave all of the lab members so much work to do, there was never enough time to finish anything completely.
A Mission Driven Culture
Grants Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2017
A-typical of a government agency the EPA is made up of highly committed people dedicated to a cause. In that sense they are great.

With a promote from within culture, the best people do not always get the job, and management remains insulated and not challenged by fresh ideas and outside perspective.
A job with a view
Student Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMay 8, 2017
It is hard to find a more beautiful place to work than here. The lab is on an island in the middle of the bay. Dolphins regularly swim around and the view is breathtaking.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Kind of out of the way
Great place to work!
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
It's all around a great place to work. For new people there isn't a lot of training, due to budget cuts; and every year your budget may or may not be cut, which inhibits management's ability to plan for advancing employees. Because of the fluctuation younger people will likely come and leave.
Pros
Benfits, the work and the culture
Cons
No room for advancement and training
Decent federal government job
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
I did an internship with EPA in Boston to help fulfill my JD credits at law school. The environment at EPA is your typical government job. Very slow paced and easy-going. I enjoyed my time with them.
wonderful people and environmental
Financial Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 25, 2017
secure protection location, wonderful nature walk trails, involve some wonderful communities such as KCCC - toys for tots - harverest, lot of good training and workshops.
Pros
walk trails
Cons
I did not work for the EPA
Secretary to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 24, 2017
I did not work for the EPA.

While working for MDM Services, who did work (contract) for the EPA, but also work outside the EPA that required FDEP (Florida Department of Environmental Resources) approvals and forms
Ok to gain experience
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 24, 2017
Got hired as a contractor, but seems contractors are second class citizens compared to federal employees. No job culture at all. I do like is the very flexible schedule.
Productive and fulfilling
Records Information Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the EPA. The client was extremely pleasant to work with and the work was very important to the public. I enjoyed the challenges of working with numerous divisions of the company.
Pros
Location, friendly atmosphere
Cons
uncertainty dealing with government
Productive enviorment
Helpdesk Analyst /Tier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2017
Productive environment, everyone was very helpful and easy to work with. Hardest part of job was the short lunch breaks. I would definitely recommend this job for anyone that trying to get in the I.T. field.
Environmental protection agency
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 3, 2017
The environment was age appropriate. The people were nice. There was team work when it came to other employees and management. The job was easy. The workers were environmental friendly.
Pros
Hours and benifits
Cons
Na
New Federal Agency experiences growing pains
Remedial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
The Superfund Division in which I worked was a newly formed organization with many regulatory, policy-making, and workforce challenges. The agency matured during my tenure and learned from prior mistakes. Employees were hard-working, dedicated, and motivated by their desire to improve the environment.
Great Agency
(EPA) certified renovator in lead based paint (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2017
The EPA is a great company. Good benefits, great work life balance, and awesome culture.

Benefits and pay competitive. Very long work hours, but will pay off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental Protection Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2