Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

Fun place to work with caring people.
Student Trainee/Co-Op (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2014
Working at the EPA was a growing experience. I learned a lot and met some pretty amazing people.
Intense. Active work environment
Customer Service Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: overcoming challenges by continuing to be creative in business work environment.
Cons: turnover and motivation. avoid call centers with high employee turnover rates.
All administration duties but also, consulting and coordinating with clients who needed a great deal of business. Pertaining to assisting them with designing a small business web site or conducting fashion trends based on government layouts etc.

I not only learned how to write business proposals but, also established close relationships with various – more... clients based on networking, budgeting your business as well as designing creative graphic production illustration and web pages.

The majority of my co-workers all played an important role. For those who did photography, audio, visual.... everyone accomplished expressing our most creativeness!!

It is rare but, having not met a deadline was the hardest part of my job. But, the most enjoyable part of it all was making a difference in the work force as a whole with working with other government officials and small businesses. – less
N/A
Security Officer, Coastal International Security (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 19, 2013
Pros: it was right next to a metro station
It is hard to describe a day around there.
Management was ok.
My coworker were pretty reasonable.
Enjoyed working on this assignment I had my own personal assignment
Desktop - Desktop Technician/IT Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 22, 2013
Pros: was able to work on individiual project
Cons: location was too far 2 hour commute to work and from work
I was responsible for imaging and setting up about 50 user's from desktops to laptop and it was my individual project. I also had the opportunity to learn how to write scripts.
EPA
Project Manager, Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 17, 2013
Great place to work along with a great learning experience.
It was a great learning experience and I learned how to research difficult topics with success.
REFERENCE LIBRARIAN (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2013
I would recommend anyone to work there to get the more serious research skills needed to succeed as reference librarian. Customer service was very essential and we made sure everyone left with all the information they sought.
U.S. Government
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Pros: great place to work
A typical day is establishing my own schedule and reviewing documents. I learned the need to interact with management at all levels and other departments to accomplish the task at hand. The management supports the work that I accomplish and provides the necessary training to complete the mission. The co-workers interact and assist in`completing the – more... mission of the Agency. – less
Fun and Creative place to work
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: on-site fitness center
Cons: furloughs
Great job. I enjoy the work and my co-workers. As an engineer, I like solving problems and the challenges presented while writing new regulations.
sun, sea, samples, lab
Water Samples Collector (Former Employee), Cabo rojo, PRSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: beneficts like car rental to move between my town and the town of job.
Cons: temporary work
I was starting my day at 8:00am and take water samples at the Boqueron Bay 3 times per day, every time i take the samples to the lab to do PCR,and other studies. I learn how study the samples, the importance of clean water, and the risk for the people that use unclean water. My co-workers help me a lot to understanding all the process. The hardest part – more... was that I finish my day at 10:00pm. I was so tired. The most enjoyable part was work with the sea, and study to take results. I was loving this job! – less
Environmental Protection Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), Edison, NJAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits package, good work environment
Fun work, great mix of outside and office, active, thoughtful management, good coworkers, very dedicated and intelligent people.
Reviewed reports from across the country, and edited the master report manual.
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: transportation was a problem and parking
Worked 8- 5 pm sometimes overtime. I learned how to edit quickly and accurately, with close attention to detail. My co-workers had been with the government for over 10 years. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. I enjoyed a private office and desk.
Good opportunities for advancement, but a lot of frustrating bureaucracy.
INTERN (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 21, 2013
Office work, for the most part. Generally nice people, good co-workers, supportive management. Lots of on the job training if you want it.
red tape
Research Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2013
lots of red tape.

managers too bogged down to provide any sort of mentorship
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: government furloughs no advancment opportunities
Family oriented enviornment. I have been with the agecy for 5 years. Due to government furloughs and no job hiring within the workforce it as been difficult for job advacement.
Great Internship
Inspector General Investigation (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: none.
I interned there for two summers. Both were great experiences for me and taught me a lot. I truly enjoyed working there and should have applied back to EPA once I left college, though I wanted to pursue something more aligned with my degree.
Enjoyed the experience
Contractor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 16, 2013
Pros: the interaction with people.
Cons: contract ended
I was able to obtain new skills. I was able to advance within the company.
Successful environmental challenges
Environmental Protection Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: transit reimbursement. some flexible work schedules.
Cons: limited telework for administrative staff. limited sick and vacation time. no promotions, pay raises.
Review electronic mail and respond. Reserve airline reservations and lodging, rental vehicles for staff. Distribute mail. Assist budget analyst with purchase card log sheets. Provide various assistance with tasks like using databases for tracking awards, personnel action requests.

Management provides me with freedom to learn and experience various – more... aspects of the agency. I work part of my day with another department entering information into a monitoring system for water pollution.

My co-workers are mostly professional.

The benefits for some people are easier than for others. There is a division on salaries, promotions and work at home benefits.

I love the concept of helping the earth by working with professionals who love to give their time and experience to help others. – less
Excellent regional office to work
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2013
Pros: fitness center, friendly co-workers
I have been with the EPA for ten years and have always enjoyed working here.
Creative place to be in.
Post-Doctoral fellow (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2013
The place is full of well renowned scientists and engineers. You could learn planty by being in such a place.
Legal Intern, Criminal Enforcement Division (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2013
Fantastic supervisors who are dedicated to environmental protection