Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

Good contracts for work...
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMay 19, 2013
Pros: learning new technical skills
Cons: its just a job
I worked with AIX systems and also as project or support network engineer M-F 8-5 for almost 5 years in 2 GSA contracts. I learned about systems & administrations and applications support. Also worked with high tech tools like HP OpenView, Node Manager, Console Management among others. It was a diverse workplace. The hardest part was management changed – more... so often by DoD contractors. I learned new technical skills. Tough environment to be in due to so many changes all the times. Best part was flextime when needed. – less
Great environment
Clerk-Student (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2013
Provided research assistance to a Senior Environmental agent in Public Relations. Assisted in researching professional journals to ensure their completion and availability to the public. Management was very accessible and helpful. Co-workers were friendly and always willing to answer questions and provide guidance. The hardest part of the job was trying – more... to determine if journals were completed or still in progress but I enjoyed the challenges it provided. – less
Extremely Interesting Work, Great Hours, Great Work
Honors Law Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2013
One of my favorite internships! Working at the EPA was inspiring, interesting, and I grew a great amount there. I got to work on Supreme Court cases, consent decrees, and other front office type of issues. Great opportunity.
Great people
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great people, nice place to work, benefits
Cons: pay scale
I love these attorneys and they treated me with respect and I loved my job. Great people. I loved the responsibility and training.
Excellent place to work, great people
Administrative Assistant/ General Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working here and would like to find a similar position.
productive work place
Biological Science Technician (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORMarch 20, 2013
Pros: government benefits
Cons: no real cons
I enjoyed working at the EPA. A nice environment and co-workers as well.
I thankful for the Govermnet offering a work place for Seniors.
Information Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: very good program for seniors
Cons: 30 minutes for lunch and two breaks during the 8 hours
I was working in the Senior Program
8 hours a day 5 days a week.
Management and Co-workers was very cooperative in giving me instructions on their needs in the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when was my work was successful received.
Phenomenal mission and coworkers although the bureaucracy can be tough
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: people, mission
Cons: paralyzing oversight
I enjoy my job helping to deploy sustainable technologies to market although I do get frustrated with the arduous bureaucracy
Outstanding Staff and Management
Program Support Specialist, GS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to expand my horizons
Cons: temporary assignment
This was an internship for me from the EPA OIG, and was a wonderful learning experience. I had the opportunity to participate in forensic audit review of grants to ensure payment and use of these grants properly. Had the opportunity to work on investigative whistle-blower operations which garnered me valuable experience in accounting and fraud.
Dedicated people and interesting work.
Supervisor, Program Manager, Biologist (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 31, 2012
Its a government organization so it takes patience to accomplish tasks, but its important work with dedicated people.
productive and fun
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 6, 2012
filled paperwork. organized paperwork. i learned how to stay organized. my co workers were very helpful. i enjoyed my job.
Very pleasant no none sense working environment.
Task Leader/Data Control Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2012
Working with orginizing over 20, 000 files, color coding and labeling etc. with co-worker to meet deadline was great, we always exceeded the deadline date. Management always gave us high ratings after each project. Everyone was a team player.
Environmentally Compatible
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2012
Pros: banking in building
This environment was condusive to my personality, and I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. I also enjoyed the fact that I was busy constantly. My day would begin at 6:30 am, where i will submit time and leave for coworkers, type minutes and manage the manager's calendar.
Fun loving and caring environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 7, 2012
Pros: free time on job
Cons: healthcare
Able to take breaks i.e accommodation, environment for learning and training. Management checked in via annual evaluations. Social environment with co-workers a must. Not a hard place to learn job duties co-workers very supportive. Love working in that particular environment.
Good job, valued by employer, compensation not greatest, benefits were good.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: good job, valued by employer, great benefits
Cons: job only 30 hours per week - would like to have 40 hours, compensation was okay as most workers in this program had another form of income
Worked as Receptionist, greeting visitors and issuing badges; answering phones; arranging travel and travel requests/vouchers; arranged for meeting/conference rooms usage; took minutes and transcribed for bi-monthly safety meetings and other meetings as requested.
ok place to work
Financial Analysis (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: make your own work schedule
Cons: office politics
the work was very useful and helped out the public, I learned alot about the things the EPA does to the public and my co-workers was very focus on there jobs.
Great Place to work
Clerk-typist/Clerical (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2012
The people were very nice. Given the nuture of the job, this was a place that nothing else but business was allowed.
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee), Washington DCSeptember 10, 2012
Over 12 years’ experience as Service Desk Manager with 20 years of proven experience managing information technology & telecommunications systems, resources, and personnel in the commercial, government, and more specifically the DoD sector with the US Air Force. Recognized for skills in organization, oral/written communication, critical thinking, problem – more... analysis and resolution, customer service, exceptional ability to work independently or within a team, performing well under the most stressful of situations, and personnel training. Interacts well with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, professional and technical expertise. – less
The EPA
Intern (Former Employee), RTPAugust 31, 2012
Pros: opportunity to impact the nations policy.
This was one of the most cutting edge places I have had the opportunity to work for. The culture is friendly and everyone seems to be an expert in their position, enjoy the work they do, and more importantly, understand the impact their efforts have on the nations policy.

If there is an opening, apply, because its a fantastic environment to be a part – more... of. – less
Overall Rating 98 %
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 24, 2012
• Support President and Chief Operations Officer
• Manage President's and overall office calendar and scheduling
• Data entry, invoicing, faxing, mailing, office errands, travel reservations
• Assists office staff in maintaining files and databases including recording new records
• Answer telephone with energetic, friendly, and professional tone
• Calculating – more... payments and paying invoices/bills
• Posting content on social media
• Assist in event planning and account coordination
• Opening and closing of office duties
• Writing and speaking with clients
• Schedules appointments, meetings, seminars, etc. . .
• Serves as the go-to for day to day office activities
• Tracks office supply inventory and product inventory
• Processing and shipping orders
• Assist in some website related activities and other creative/marketing-related projects
• Conduct follow up calls with clients and scheduling sales calls
• Assist with printing jobs and special projects – less