Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

Good opportunities for advancement, but a lot of frustrating bureaucracy.
INTERN (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 21, 2013
Office work, for the most part. Generally nice people, good co-workers, supportive management. Lots of on the job training if you want it.
red tape
Research Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2013
lots of red tape.

managers too bogged down to provide any sort of mentorship
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: government furloughs no advancment opportunities
Family oriented enviornment. I have been with the agecy for 5 years. Due to government furloughs and no job hiring within the workforce it as been difficult for job advacement.
Great Internship
Inspector General Investigation (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: none.
I interned there for two summers. Both were great experiences for me and taught me a lot. I truly enjoyed working there and should have applied back to EPA once I left college, though I wanted to pursue something more aligned with my degree.
Enjoyed the experience
Contractor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 16, 2013
Pros: the interaction with people.
Cons: contract ended
I was able to obtain new skills. I was able to advance within the company.
Successful environmental challenges
Environmental Protection Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: transit reimbursement. some flexible work schedules.
Cons: limited telework for administrative staff. limited sick and vacation time. no promotions, pay raises.
Review electronic mail and respond. Reserve airline reservations and lodging, rental vehicles for staff. Distribute mail. Assist budget analyst with purchase card log sheets. Provide various assistance with tasks like using databases for tracking awards, personnel action requests.

Management provides me with freedom to learn and experience various – more... aspects of the agency. I work part of my day with another department entering information into a monitoring system for water pollution.

My co-workers are mostly professional.

The benefits for some people are easier than for others. There is a division on salaries, promotions and work at home benefits.

I love the concept of helping the earth by working with professionals who love to give their time and experience to help others. – less
Excellent regional office to work
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2013
Pros: fitness center, friendly co-workers
I have been with the EPA for ten years and have always enjoyed working here.
Creative place to be in.
Post-Doctoral fellow (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2013
The place is full of well renowned scientists and engineers. You could learn planty by being in such a place.
Legal Intern, Criminal Enforcement Division (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2013
Fantastic supervisors who are dedicated to environmental protection
Very hands-on experience and I learned something new every day.
Ecosystem Research Intern (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 31, 2013
Every day, me and my supervisor would work on the assembly of rain barrels,maintenance of weather station, and acquisition of data from water quality sensors. All my co-workers were always willing to help or teach me something new. The hardest part of the job was applying for funds that we would need to purchase supplies for the rain barrels while the – more... most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work outside occasionally and not always working behind a desk. – less
Good contracts for work...
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMay 19, 2013
Pros: learning new technical skills
Cons: its just a job
I worked with AIX systems and also as project or support network engineer M-F 8-5 for almost 5 years in 2 GSA contracts. I learned about systems & administrations and applications support. Also worked with high tech tools like HP OpenView, Node Manager, Console Management among others. It was a diverse workplace. The hardest part was management changed – more... so often by DoD contractors. I learned new technical skills. Tough environment to be in due to so many changes all the times. Best part was flextime when needed. – less
Great environment
Clerk-Student (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2013
Provided research assistance to a Senior Environmental agent in Public Relations. Assisted in researching professional journals to ensure their completion and availability to the public. Management was very accessible and helpful. Co-workers were friendly and always willing to answer questions and provide guidance. The hardest part of the job was trying – more... to determine if journals were completed or still in progress but I enjoyed the challenges it provided. – less
Extremely Interesting Work, Great Hours, Great Work
Honors Law Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2013
One of my favorite internships! Working at the EPA was inspiring, interesting, and I grew a great amount there. I got to work on Supreme Court cases, consent decrees, and other front office type of issues. Great opportunity.
Great people
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great people, nice place to work, benefits
Cons: pay scale
I love these attorneys and they treated me with respect and I loved my job. Great people. I loved the responsibility and training.
Excellent place to work, great people
Administrative Assistant/ General Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working here and would like to find a similar position.
productive work place
Biological Science Technician (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORMarch 20, 2013
Pros: government benefits
Cons: no real cons
I enjoyed working at the EPA. A nice environment and co-workers as well.
I thankful for the Govermnet offering a work place for Seniors.
Information Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: very good program for seniors
Cons: 30 minutes for lunch and two breaks during the 8 hours
I was working in the Senior Program
8 hours a day 5 days a week.
Management and Co-workers was very cooperative in giving me instructions on their needs in the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when was my work was successful received.
Phenomenal mission and coworkers although the bureaucracy can be tough
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: people, mission
Cons: paralyzing oversight
I enjoy my job helping to deploy sustainable technologies to market although I do get frustrated with the arduous bureaucracy
Outstanding Staff and Management
Program Support Specialist, GS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to expand my horizons
Cons: temporary assignment
This was an internship for me from the EPA OIG, and was a wonderful learning experience. I had the opportunity to participate in forensic audit review of grants to ensure payment and use of these grants properly. Had the opportunity to work on investigative whistle-blower operations which garnered me valuable experience in accounting and fraud.
Dedicated people and interesting work.
Supervisor, Program Manager, Biologist (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 31, 2012
Its a government organization so it takes patience to accomplish tasks, but its important work with dedicated people.