Environmental Protection Agency

Environmental Protection Agency Employer Reviews

Designed and Implemented Vehicular Emission Control Program-VECOP in Sindh
Director (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: n/s
Cons: medical facility was available for myself and my family and parents
Pakistan being an under developed country still require much to do in the field of Environment Protection. Vehicular Emission Control Program was the first project of its kind, addresses the problem of air quality degradation in the urban cities of Sindh province being caused by the exhaust emissions from the vehicles plying on the roads.

I designed – more... the whole program and established Green Squads for monitoring of vehicular releasing excessive amount of pollution gases. Fixed emission testing stations also established under the program. The program was implemented successfully and is now running smoothly. – less
Phenomenal mission and coworkers although the bureaucracy can be tough
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: people, mission
Cons: paralyzing oversight
I enjoy my job helping to deploy sustainable technologies to market although I do get frustrated with the arduous bureaucracy
Outstanding Staff and Management
Program Support Specialist, GS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to expand my horizons
Cons: temporary assignment
This was an internship for me from the EPA OIG, and was a wonderful learning experience. I had the opportunity to participate in forensic audit review of grants to ensure payment and use of these grants properly. Had the opportunity to work on investigative whistle-blower operations which garnered me valuable experience in accounting and fraud.
Dedicated people and interesting work.
Supervisor, Program Manager, Biologist (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 31, 2012
Its a government organization so it takes patience to accomplish tasks, but its important work with dedicated people.
productive and fun
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 6, 2012
filled paperwork. organized paperwork. i learned how to stay organized. my co workers were very helpful. i enjoyed my job.
Very pleasant no none sense working environment.
Task Leader/Data Control Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2012
Working with orginizing over 20, 000 files, color coding and labeling etc. with co-worker to meet deadline was great, we always exceeded the deadline date. Management always gave us high ratings after each project. Everyone was a team player.
Environmentally Compatible
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2012
Pros: banking in building
This environment was condusive to my personality, and I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. I also enjoyed the fact that I was busy constantly. My day would begin at 6:30 am, where i will submit time and leave for coworkers, type minutes and manage the manager's calendar.
Fun loving and caring environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 7, 2012
Pros: free time on job
Cons: healthcare
Able to take breaks i.e accommodation, environment for learning and training. Management checked in via annual evaluations. Social environment with co-workers a must. Not a hard place to learn job duties co-workers very supportive. Love working in that particular environment.
Good job, valued by employer, compensation not greatest, benefits were good.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: good job, valued by employer, great benefits
Cons: job only 30 hours per week - would like to have 40 hours, compensation was okay as most workers in this program had another form of income
Worked as Receptionist, greeting visitors and issuing badges; answering phones; arranging travel and travel requests/vouchers; arranged for meeting/conference rooms usage; took minutes and transcribed for bi-monthly safety meetings and other meetings as requested.
ok place to work
Financial Analysis (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: make your own work schedule
Cons: office politics
the work was very useful and helped out the public, I learned alot about the things the EPA does to the public and my co-workers was very focus on there jobs.
Great Place to work
Clerk-typist/Clerical (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2012
The people were very nice. Given the nuture of the job, this was a place that nothing else but business was allowed.
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee), Washington DCSeptember 10, 2012
Over 12 years’ experience as Service Desk Manager with 20 years of proven experience managing information technology & telecommunications systems, resources, and personnel in the commercial, government, and more specifically the DoD sector with the US Air Force. Recognized for skills in organization, oral/written communication, critical thinking, problem – more... analysis and resolution, customer service, exceptional ability to work independently or within a team, performing well under the most stressful of situations, and personnel training. Interacts well with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, professional and technical expertise. – less
Overall Rating 98 %
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 24, 2012
• Support President and Chief Operations Officer
• Manage President's and overall office calendar and scheduling
• Data entry, invoicing, faxing, mailing, office errands, travel reservations
• Assists office staff in maintaining files and databases including recording new records
• Answer telephone with energetic, friendly, and professional tone
• Calculating – more... payments and paying invoices/bills
• Posting content on social media
• Assist in event planning and account coordination
• Opening and closing of office duties
• Writing and speaking with clients
• Schedules appointments, meetings, seminars, etc. . .
• Serves as the go-to for day to day office activities
• Tracks office supply inventory and product inventory
• Processing and shipping orders
• Assist in some website related activities and other creative/marketing-related projects
• Conduct follow up calls with clients and scheduling sales calls
• Assist with printing jobs and special projects – less
Protecting the environment was a tremendous goal.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 20, 2012
Pros: free bus pass
The best part of the job was the work it self and the ability to advance within the position as well as the opporunity to advance into other positions. I loved the work and the people. The benefits were excellent. The EPA values its people and treats employes fairly. The hardest part of my work were short deadlines and many layers of review. This was – more... especially true when we were developing policy. I found my co-workers to be good team players and hard workers. I learned to meet deadlines, to be rated when doing training or mediation. I learned to have a tough skin and to be flexible. I have excellent computer and writing skills. I have excellent communication skills that helped me in mediations, working with people. – less
Great Internships
Inspector General Investigation (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 27, 2012
I enjoyed working in each of the internships that I had the opportunity to work with. Staff was supportive. Management stated clear objectives, and provided the resources to be able to meet those objectives. There was opportunity for growth and upward mobility.
Great Place to Work
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 21, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: program ended
I worked in the STEP program and absolutely LOVED it. Management and employees were very gracious and kind. I will never forget them. GO Environmental Protection Agency.
Great Environment
Safety & Health Project Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 13, 2012
Pros: family oriented
Cons: short-termed
Executed daily air testing for PM 2.5 and logged data in database for analysis; Maintained database of monitored samples for analytical review; Analyzed statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of samples; Developed and updated training course material for Ergonomics, Biosafety/Blood – more... Bourne Pathogens and Supervisor’s Safety Training manual; Assisted and performed administrative functions that incorporated tracking and recording illnesses and injuries. – less
Had an excelent supervisor who took time to teach you and helped you learn new things.
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2012
Pros: learned new things, taught classes, had a great supervisor, did not have to work weekends.
Cons: time sheets.
I liked working at EPA. It was a 2-part job. Part in the EAD Law Library and part in the Record center.

I learned how to help attorneys look on Lexis/Nexis and in the Law Library books to find what they needed to build cases against an EPA violator. Learned how to research to find a person by Social Security #, bankrupties, what other violations were – more... pending, addresses & phone numbers.

I put information into the computer and kept track of the Law Library books and other information as the supervisor directed.

Taught classes on how to use Excel and Lotus 1.2.3, and compendiums.

Trained new Record Center employees on how to start up new files for attorneys, how to keep the files upto date and how to pull these files off the shelves when the attorney needed them.

The hardest part of this 2-part job was keeping up with the hours I worked in each department and trying to get my time card accurate.
Sometimes when I was scheduled to work in one department for the day I would be asked to cover for the other department. Sometimes I could not take my work from one department to the other so I could continue doing what I was scheduled to do that day.

All of my coworkers were great people to work with.

I enjoyed all phases of my job and it was a great place to work. – less
Great place to work.
Student Contractor (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 17, 2012
Great place to work with excellent scientists. Management sometimes hard to deal with since it is the federal government. Starting to shift more towards modeling instead of hard science.
Multi-tasking Job
Technical Editor (Current Employee), Washington DCMay 16, 2012
Good location and job. Mult-tasking position. Can get quiet now and then but can get overwelming too.