Environmental Employee Reviews in United States

Great work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COJuly 22, 2016
i like working with the people I work with, Have a great boss. I really enjoy interacting with all patients and staff at banner health.
Friendly people and family oriented.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 13, 2016
Data Entry, Customer Service, A/R, Profiling,Review CMV Logs, preparing manifest's & daily paperwork, pull vendor/job PO's. Trained our GR Office on preparing proposals & work orders on the new system.

Working together to get the daily jobs put together and accomplished from the office to the field is a team effort.

I enjoy every part of my job, I learn something new everyday.

Talking with customers is always the best part of any day. They are very talkative each and every day.
Pros
Easy Going environment
Cons
Too busy to take lunch
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
Allot of work. Management was not good, my co-workers hated each others and talked about everyone's back. The hardest part of this job is to be treated different because i'm Hispanic/Latino
produtive accurate infornation
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 1, 2016
Every day I went to work I new exactly what I was assigned to do.
although our department was understaffed the swing manager was therefor stretches and to inform us of daily events
Pros
good bosses, good salary
Cons
Needed to hire more graveyard people
Loved
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 21, 2016
The hospital environment was a lot of fun for me. I really enjoyed the people and the surroundings. I often would work double shifts, I worked in the maternity department and got along well with hospital staff as well as environmental staff.
Pros
fast paced
Great company to work for
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IdahoJune 3, 2016
Wonderful company and wonderful people. flexible schedule. Administration was class act. The people i worked with were great and very compassion on there jobs.
Pros
great peeps
Cons
no cons
Advancement
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
Great company to work for!!
Generally, the company is super product focussed. Most of the engineers are super talented and work very hard. Processes are tailored to productivity, and not cast in stone. All of which makes this is an amazing environment for someone who wants to create, learn, and innovate.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Long process
To much to say
Assisted the Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2016
Typical day greet coworkers & set up for the day. I learned how not to let stress bother me & also skills I needed improvement on. Management, previous managers were fair & were willing to communicate with employees. The new managers I wish I could say the same thing. The coworkers that have been there for 5 plus years are very friendly & believe in team work. Hardest part is really nothing. Most enjoyable part is being able to be around coworkers who are practically family.
Pros
Coworkers, the Federal employees & meeting new Federal employees
Cons
Short breaks, favortism
Fast paced exciting environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
I’m in the business of solutions. I’ve been fortunate enough to find myself in an industry that constantly demands proactive “fixes” rather than a constant reactionary approach. I enjoy taking the time to find the root cause of an opportunity and provide a solution before it is actually a problem. From departmental to organizational culture change and process improvement, my passion lies within making things work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Change can be hard for some
fun place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 9, 2016
this job has plenty of opportunities. I learned how to dilute chemicals, set up carts, proper use of chemicals, floor care cleaning, linen distribution and much more. everyone there is fun people to work with. the hardest part about the job is completing your route and having to do discharges.
Team Work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHMay 6, 2016
I enjoyed meeting new people. I helped visitors find where they needed to go in the facility. I had to clean patient and common areas in different department. I worked with management to get the job done. The management were always helpful in every aspect of the job. they were also helpful with personal matters. I enjoyed working with my co-workers because we worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part is seeing the sad individuals and situations that may occur in a hospital setting. I enjoyed helping people find what they are looking for.
Pros
team work and good managment, discount lunches, different programs for employees
Cons
precaution cleanning, heavy lifting
Okay place to work, good money, somewhat nice people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 30, 2016
The job in itself is not hard at all. A typical day would be fairly easy. Management works well with its employees. It's a good place to get experience.
Fast pace and productive driven place
Director Environmental Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx New YorkApril 16, 2016
I my last job a typical day at work is making rounds meeting with the various heads of different department to ensure that all areas of the facility has coverage, supplies are in place, and the facility is clean and in an aseptic condition.

As a supervisor I have learned that there is a need for consistent follow up and training and retraining of employees, and it can be very costly if I should take things for granted by assuming that things are done without checking.
Management. I have also learned that there is a need for consistent communication with everyone, and every department,
In every organization you will find co-workers that are laid back and does not take their job seriously, however I learned that by setting a positive example by going above and beyond I am often able to encourage co-workers to step up their game to the next level.

The hardest part of the job is attempting to get the job done when there is staff shortage.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the job completed and knowing that myself and my staff my staff worked as a team to accomplish the task. I enjoy motivating my staff and ensuring that they are recognized and appreciated for their hard work and share is the rewards.
Pros
I enjoyed what I do
Cons
working with minimal staff and supplies to accomplish maximum
Poor/lack of management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNApril 7, 2016
Upper level management act too much like kids and spend the owner's money without regard.
If the owner knew how the money was spent, I think he would close it down.
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 7, 2016
Great place to work if you have children. The 401(k) is great. The school loves to make money, but sometimes they are not fair.
Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2016
I enjoyed every aspect of the job. I enjoyed working with others and being a part of the team. The work environment was very relaxed and fun.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Good compensation package but average salary, top management change as resulted in low moral
Manager Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  NevadaMarch 11, 2016
lots of great employees who work really hard. Top Management change has resulted in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation.
Chalenging but rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MIMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work...I currently supervise approximately 30 employees. This encompasses laundry, housekeeping, maintenance, and janitorial services. I maintain all federal and state documentation in regards to our skilled care facility and our assisted living facility. I am the chair person for the safety committee that meets monthly. I host monthly meetings with my staff to address concerns and share successes... I have a great team that works with me to provide the best service to our residents and their families.
The most difficult part of my job is probably life/job balance. I typically work 10 -12 hours a day completing all of the tasks that are required of me.
The greatest part of my job is the way a resident looks at you when you program their tv and then they share some of their life pieces with you. That is truly an amazing part of this job.
I am a dedicated manager and peoples person
EVS Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I have had good recommendation from my directors and fellow employees. I have a proven record of getting the facilities i worked at clean.
Pros
Giving employees thank you card
Cons
Employees not doing their work
Great opportunity for advancement
Sales Manger (Former Employee) –  Eden PraireFebruary 16, 2016
If you are willing to put the work in, it will pay off in the long run. Great company to work for. I learned a great deal about how to run a successful business as well as how to be a professional sales man.