Environmental Employee Reviews

Manage the day to day operations of the environmental services, maintenance and valet staff
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2016
Its a great job and great place to work but its time to grow and advance. Great management staff and senior level management. Great team and support system in place to ensure your job can be completed.
Pros
Beautiful weather in Florida year round.
Cons
MHS is a good place to work for
Environmental Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Memorial Hospital Abilene, KSNovember 10, 2016
Very nice people to work with, good hours, good management.
Keeping the hospital clean is a very important job, because of that the hospital never had any issues with infections.
Daily tasks
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 5, 2016
Daily cleaning of assigned areas of facility with focus on carpet and floor care. Uses cleaning equipment, tools and supplies necessary to complete/perform tasks. Clean rooms, lobbies, bathrooms and hallways
Excellent place to work
Secretary/Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, TXNovember 4, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. I just wish that they could offer me a full time position. I have no complaints about any of the other employees or the owners. Its a wonderful group of people.
Pros
very flexable, good people, no drama
Cons
not benefits, and only part time
Clean, Hands-On
Work Base Learning Internship (Former Employee) –  11801 Woodrow WilsonNovember 3, 2016
No matter what we had to do whatever to complete our task. Myself personally works hard at what I have to do to get what needs to be done done. Us as a team worked hard cleaning bathrooms, hallways, classrooms, taking out garbage was inspiring to keep our environment clean.
Busy
l Southfield of Michigan Director (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 30, 2016
Enjoy training staff on H-CAPS Scores, Rewarding Staff for outstanding accomplishments. Patient Satisfactory, working with all department heads. Keeping hospital clean and free from infection.
Very long days
Custodial Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 25, 2016
I loved the people I worked with. Some days were very long, but enjoyed every day I worked. Would like to have more people to do the job everyday. There plenty room for advancement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too much work to do for one person
Challenging and Stressful
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2016
A typical Day - Busy

Learned a lot about how to manage people and myself

Management is okay - management in the city hospital is awful - not everyone but mostly everyone.

Co-worker are good.

The hardest part is getting up to want to go to work because day presents a new challenge with the employees because a number of them are lazy.

The most enjoyable part is observing the employees who enjoy working and go above and beyond to serve our patients.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of people
Cons
Employees can seem like high schoolers
Great crew to work with
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYOctober 11, 2016
Early start. Cleaning all Hospital rooms including isolation areas with special chemicals. i always show up on time and do my best job.
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay and no benefits
Job was very interesting and a good place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHOctober 3, 2016
I would interact with the patients and made sure that their hospital rooms were always clean. I would inspect my work for improvement and provided a safe and clean environment.
Educational
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoy working in the health care setting. I have met and work with some of the best people I know. They are very helpful and understanding.
Pros
flexability, continuing education
Cons
short staff
enjoyable
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 7, 2016
working with people I enjoy the pleasure of working with. Always working together to get the job done. People are all kind it was a community environment
Pros
work at your own pace
A tropical day at work
trash man (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2016
A really amazing place to work at. Amazing coworkers,Managers and staffing all around. A wonderful day in paradise all around.
hardworking
Any (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
I love to work and I like getting my hands dirty. The most important part of the job is doing your best at what you do at all times.
Good co-workers to work with
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2016
Dust mop the floor and run machine to clean the floor, clean bathrooms, empty trash. Not satisfied with management there are some trust issues, but I love my co-workers we have a good crew that work well together. Nothing really hard about the job, the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get a chance to meet people from all over the state and enter acting with them.
Cons
Pay
Great work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COJuly 22, 2016
i like working with the people I work with, Have a great boss. I really enjoy interacting with all patients and staff at banner health.
Friendly people and family oriented.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 13, 2016
Data Entry, Customer Service, A/R, Profiling,Review CMV Logs, preparing manifest's & daily paperwork, pull vendor/job PO's. Trained our GR Office on preparing proposals & work orders on the new system.

Working together to get the daily jobs put together and accomplished from the office to the field is a team effort.

I enjoy every part of my job, I learn something new everyday.

Talking with customers is always the best part of any day. They are very talkative each and every day.
Pros
Easy Going environment
Cons
Too busy to take lunch
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
Allot of work. Management was not good, my co-workers hated each others and talked about everyone's back. The hardest part of this job is to be treated different because i'm Hispanic/Latino
produtive accurate infornation
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 1, 2016
Every day I went to work I new exactly what I was assigned to do.
although our department was understaffed the swing manager was therefor stretches and to inform us of daily events
Pros
good bosses, good salary
Cons
Needed to hire more graveyard people
Loved
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 21, 2016
The hospital environment was a lot of fun for me. I really enjoyed the people and the surroundings. I often would work double shifts, I worked in the maternity department and got along well with hospital staff as well as environmental staff.
Pros
fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval