Envoy Mortgage Employee Reviews

Do not promote within the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
No in house growth opportunities. Normal practice is to bring in someone place them over you and ask you to train them. Work life balance is non existence. Workplace culture is not geared toward providing a career path for employees
Cons
No growth opportunities within the company
Great Company to work for
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COMay 18, 2017
Management is great, great work life balance, could use better benefits and pay. Lots of cold calling. Lots of help to be successful. They help you get the job done right and accurate.
Terrible Company To Work For
Loan Processor I (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 3, 2017
I just want to say that there is so much to say poorly about this company that i can't fit into this little box. The verbal abuse from managers, to the low compensation, to the benefits not being so great. Just try to avoid this company at all means if you can.
Great Place To Be!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYMarch 31, 2017
Home town feel with corporate backing...It's hard to find both combinations in the work place environment. The management team is truly there to help you accomplish your goals

The culture and moral at Envoy is uplifting. If there's something you want to learn in this industry...it's at your fingertips

I'm appreciated for my hard work and dedication

Great work/life balance
Pros
Great place to work, supported by management, team members are enjoyable to work with
Senior Wire Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Envoy is an awesome place to work. Fast-paced, growing environment with opportunities to move within the company in most cases.
Pros
provided breakfast every Friday for all employees; relaxed dress code every Friday.
Cons
extremely long hours for the Wire team, which made it difficult to balance home and work schedules and activities.
Solid company geared for growth
Sr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 20, 2016
Envoy has proven to be a solid company with responsive management. The company is well positioned for growth over the coming years and has demonstrated an ability to pick up market share.
Worse Place
Loan Part II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2016
One of the worse places to work. They offer no training and manager is never at the office. You have no support what so ever. The manager was always off working out , shopping and getting lipo on her double chin or her nails and spray tan and would claim she was getting real estate leads. An when leads were low it was the staff fault.They ask you to work off the clock by having you forward your phones to your personal phone they dont pay for and want you to answer while your at lunch. Treat customer really bad and the loan officer never works on her loans just has her assistance do everything and that is why the loans either have so many issues or just fall apart. Save your time and dont apply here.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Bad manager and loan officers
Productive and Calm Work Place
Lender Management Assist. (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of coming in at 8:00 AM, completing daily work task such as assisting customers, completing mortgage forms, answering phones, and entering data into databases.

My co-workers were all exceptional people to work with.

The hardest part of the job was NOT knowing which duties I would be given that day. It was never repetitive, but I enjoyed learning new things, daily.

The managers were great people, but I feel there could be positive changes pertaining to communication.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a positive and quiet environment.

I learned responsible habits as in; timeliness, organization, being more punctual, fast, systematic, and became better at team work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Large company with a proven track record
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The training provided is very weak, so if you don't already have the experience this is not the company for you. They offer good benefits and the pay is average. They are quick to reduce staff with any decrease in revenue no mater what the future may hold. My co-workers were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility in schedule. The hardest part of the job was working with little direction.
Pros
Bonuses based on production
Cons
Little training, experience a must.
Great guys and gals are at Envoy Mortgage
Loan Originator Assistant/Loan Partner (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXNovember 12, 2015
I worked for a short time for Envoy Mortgage in the heights. These are some of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I highly recommend this company to any job seeker looking for a great relationship with their company. The benefits were expensive and a bit mediocre. Other than that, I really don't have any complaints. It was a little too far from my home or I would still be there.
Typical Large Bank
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 29, 2015
Large Bank who considered Mortgage secondary to retail banking. Not much support for Loan Officers and environment was very harsh for all employees.
Love it
Sales/Processing Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 27, 2015
This was a contracted employment. I just love the management and staff, they were amazing. They go out of their way to make things right for the borrowers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Day was short
A nice place to work
Government Insurer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
A nice place to work, training is mandatory which is great, needs some improvement in management. Enjoyable atmosphere
Contract
Hardware Engineer - Contract (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
This was a contract position that was extended from 3 to 9 months. Good environment no advancement in the IT department at envoy. The company is a good company and great place to work
Pros
lunchs
Cons
short break
Technology and Marketing Leader
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 17, 2014
Great place for a loan officer to grow their business. Headquarters is located in Houston, TX however the team in TX is extremely responsive to your needs.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 5, 2014
There was always work to be done and the hours seemed to be getting later and later.
Pros
Fast growing company
Cons
Fast growing company
unergoing major changes
Secondary Market Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2014
At the time I was at Envoy, they were undergoing some major structure changes. I helped me, with provide knowledge and insight of how and what changes impact a company. How some changes can be beneficial, and some harmful.
Pros
Christian company that understands problems their employees face.
Cons
training to employess that have been re-directed into a different position
Fast pace and fun.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaMarch 22, 2014
My job was to underwrite loans from 8 US states. My duties would include review and analyze credit reports, appraisals, title, also calculate income, and detect any fraud. My manager let are strenghts stand out and helped only when needed. I worked with 2 other underwriters, and we got along great together, we help each other out. The hardest part working at Envoy Mortgage was the computer program, it would breakdown so the whole ofice could not do anything until it was back up and running. What I like most at Envoy was the workers, all easy to work with.
Pros
Cons
computer programs
Excellent working environment
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2014
Busy environment. Daily learning new rules and regulations.
Pros
Cares about its employees
Great learning experience
Loan Processor/Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHMarch 1, 2014
Working here, you will learn about the finance and mortgage industry world. Has taught me many things that I will apply to my finance choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envoy Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.