ENVOY Employee Reviews

This is a great place to work!
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 18, 2017
I always enjoyed working with my coworkers. They hire many friendly people who know what they are doing. I always appreciated my job's genuine concern about my wellbeing. I was treated like a person.
Station Agent
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 22, 2017
Started out working at the Ticket counter waiting on customers and issuing them their ticket boarding pass and collecting their luggage, also worked on the ramp bringing in planes and loading and offloading.
Could be a great place to work
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 20, 2017
Envoy would be a great place to work if it wasn't management not being open to hear out issues with employees and their concerns. I love the company and the benefits but my station needs a change in management. They make decisions based off of their emotions.I hope things get better. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Flight benefits and discounts from all affiliate companies
Cons
Managment
Don't be late
Ramp Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2017
The job is very fun and an easygoing job that you'll keep if you're on time. The wage is continually discussed, but the pay remains just below average.
Good work place
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2017
I just need a more stable career for my personal life. I liked it there I just want to be home every night and not on the go since I plan on settling down.
Envoy of American Airlines is a good company to work for.
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2017
The company offers excellent flight benefits. The pay should be increased because of the duties performed. The hours are flexible and the management is flexible.
Again I enjoy working in the Airline industry.
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 4, 2017
We were short staffed constantly. However we got raises regularly and I was promoted to Lead for the ramp. Management was good.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Short staffed
Very Fast Paced Environment
Lead Ramp Agent/Station Trainer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2016
Starting at about 03:00 and making sure everything is set up in place for a departure or arrival, to some people is hard. I enjoyed it very much, as I am a morning person. Being a lead and be responsible for my team was difficult but I made it work. I have learned that by asking Co-workers to do certain things instead of just telling them to do it is more efficient. Hardest part of this job had to be whether or not I would have enough team members to make on time departures and when another aircraft arrived around the same time. Some how my team made it work. I have only had one other person working with me and trying to load a plane and getting all bags on plane to make it On Time. Which we made it!!
Being able to grab a drink and relax for a few until the next round was due was the best part...
Pros
Free Travel to see the globe
Cons
Always Short handed; the uncertainty of Co-Workers showing up; Management
Horrible working conditions, poor wages, most horrible manager
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 26, 2016
This is a difficult plsce to work, the hours are horrible and the manager expects too much for 9.34 an hour. HORRIBLE place to work. The manager changes the schedule with little notice,
Pros
free flight
Cons
horrible boss
The staff and residents are what make the job worth it
CNA (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VASeptember 18, 2016
Envoy has a high turn over rate, but the staff and resisdents became my family. CNA work is hard but I had the best co-workers!!
Pros
good pay, shift deferncial
Cons
short staffed
fun place
teamwork
flexible
health benefits
in house training
Pros
free flights
Cons
hrs and delays
poor management
G.S.E. Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Management watched employee die on the clock and tried to cover it up. Company needs to be investigated!! It was the worst work experience i have every encountered! The work shop was too small and did not even have room for employee toolboxes. Company needs to be investigated about the death!!
love my job
cna (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAApril 12, 2016
busy everyday, leard alot from my nurses, management was good, co works was good, the hardest part of the job was it was hard to find someone to help u when u needed, go in to take care of my resdent
Pros
love my job
Cons
to many poeple calling out
Was a good place to work
Lead Supervisor Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 9, 2016
Benefits were amazing. As changes began to be implemented and the crunch of state budget deficit began to effect state employees this no longer was a challenging, enjoyable place to work.
Worked a limited number of hours each week
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAFebruary 26, 2016
This was an older company that changed ownership numerous times. They changed management numerous time as well. This created a lot of changes that at times were not well thought through.
fairly laid back and relaxed environment
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 18, 2015
Very simple work once trained on data entry, but must sit in a gray cubical all day. honestly very easy work but management doesn't pay much attention to workers needs to make the office feel more relaxed.
Pros
free flights
Cons
bad healthcare
better than working at a restaurant but...
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 3, 2015
Either you deal with outdoor work, bad weather, and bags, or indoor work, nasty passengers, and bags.
Either you have a very early morning shift (starting at 4am) or a very late night shift (ending at 2am). In any case you don't know when you are going to leave because if the plane is late, no one goes home. Working pace may vary from rather slow with nice downtimes, to very stressful and physical.
It is not glamorous. Consider working outside during a snow storm and dumping lavatory waste.
Forget about your weekends! Not even senior employees got them off. Your schedule may change drastically every two weeks.
It pays a bit more than 9$/hour, and it does not go much higher than that with time.
Flight benefits are awesome: you fly for free on stand-by for open seats. But it's hard, especially with two jobs, to manage to find time to fly anywhere. Plus they are drastically understaffed so it's impossible to find a sub to make a shift trade.
The current local manager is fair but tough. Management at head quarter is another story...
Pros
flight benefits, downtimes
Cons
low wages, terrible scheduling
Poor hours and poor managment
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 26, 2015
Checking passengers in for flights and loading passengers on aircraft. Learned how to deal with difficult situations and to be independent. Never seemed to have management understand low staffing for demand. Great coworkers. Hardest part is long hours and poor pay. Enjoy talking with passengers.
Pros
Flight benifits and ability to trade shifts
Cons
Days no breaks and very short staffed
fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 12, 2015
Love the people I work with.
Once I clock in its pretty fast paced for about 4 hours then I get a small break then its steady till I clock out.
A great first taste of responsibility with a construction project
Air Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 5, 2015
You will arrive on the abatement site between 7-9am depending on the project, set up your air samples, begin daily log, then check on air samples every hour to make sure the air pumps are functioning properly. Samples must be mailed out daily or every other day depending on significance of project.

Management is very understanding with time off, choosing sites that are time friendly to employees, & give you all training to be successful.
Pros
Independent Work Environment
Cons
Must be willing to make flexible commutes daily