ENVOY

ENVOY Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHJune 12, 2015
Love the people I work with.
Once I clock in its pretty fast paced for about 4 hours then I get a small break then its steady till I clock out.
A great first taste of responsibility with a construction project
Air Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Independent Work Environment
Cons: Must be willing to make flexible commutes daily
You will arrive on the abatement site between 7-9am depending on the project, set up your air samples, begin daily log, then check on air samples every hour to make sure the air pumps are functioning properly. Samples must be mailed out daily or every other day depending on significance of project.

Management is very understanding with time off, choosing sites that are time friendly to employees, & give you all training to be successful.
Great Place
Station Agent (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Free domestic travel
Cons: Starting pay
Envoy is Air is an amazing place to start working. Lots of room to advance. Most General Managers start as station agents and work there way up. The benefits are crazy as you are able to fly for free anywhere domestically they fly. Overall a wonderful job.
High pressure environment
Instructor Of Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Learning something new everyday
Cons: A long hard day, many hours of work or travel
A typical day at work involved FAA mandated training to new hire employees in Maintenance Operations from VPs to Inventory Control Specialist, ensuring all course ware was current and the owners of the course ware were kept informed of any regulatory changes requiring their approval for change to the courseware in a timely manner.

I gained in-depth working knowledge of how a commercial airline works, and opportunity to interact across a broad spectrum of positions both vertically and horizontally, and use inventory and maintenance designed software for the operations.

I enjoyed an exceptional working relationship with my management, both immediate and upper, and my co-workers. This is by far one of the finest groups I've had the pleasure of working with. I considered them family.

The hardest part of my work was failing students knowing this job was their livelihood.

Each day brought new challenges, something I enjoy.
Could be more employee supportive for long term advancement
AQP/FAA Certified Instructor /DFW (Current Employee), Irving, TxMarch 6, 2015
Needs to change culture to retain employees through proactive advancement opportunities through experience and overall performance of employees. Need better salary structure to retain great employees with bi-yearly reviews of performance and have iniative to reward those dedicated to achieve excellent performance.
Station agent working for American Eagle, United Airline, and US Airways
Station Agent (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2014
Helping passenger with daily flight information and the ticket counter/gate. Placing baggage on the plane and debagging the plane. Co workers are fun to work with and seeing how different set of employees operate kick off, morning, afternoon, and night shifts. Also the benefits!!!
Sounds great, but it's a horrible place to work.
Station Agent (Former Employee), ALBANYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers, travel (when you are able) aircraft
Cons: pay, management, rules, work hours, health benefits, tsa, faa, rude customers, airport operations
On paper, this job sounds great. Possibilties to grow, learn, develop..
Not at all! This place, is a joke. Poor management, poor pay, poor benefits. High expectations, many company created issues that can be completely avoided.

Co-workers are great. Hard working individuals that make our General Manager look great, while she does absolutely nothing. at the end of the day, this company has done nothing to correct the issues we have brought to there attention.

Traveling, which is supposed to be our best travel priviledge has become almost impossible to do because of long work hours/days, and the difficulty in getting shifts covered due to non-exsistant training and high employee turnover.

The expectation at Envoy is that 1 individual is trained $9/hour to do the work of 5 other individuals, while if this was a mainline airline, and not a gound handling operation, you would be trained to be 1 individual, getting paid $15+/hour to do 1 simple task. THIS DOES NOT WORK. This only creates unsafe working conditions because employees are tired, overworked, and underpaid. The morale at this company is low and always will be as long as company continues to take advantage of people.

Sure, if you want your foot in the door of an airline, by all means apply--but know that every expectation you may have, and every promise they feed you is FALSE, and you like everyone before you will continue to leave this company and find work elsewhere, doing less work, and making more money. (Even FAST FOOD PAYS MORE THAN THIS PLACE, and you do A LOT LESS WORK)

While Envoy is part of American Airlines, this review is in no way a reflection of American and its business policies or procedures, and is strictly regarding Envoy.

My honest opinion, is that you avoid this company, and highly reccomend that you find another job, at a more respectable company... While I know that this is not easy, it will save you in the end, because I guarantee you will never be happy or satisfied here.
Fun work enviorment
Station Agent (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2014
• Promote and sell air travel with American Eagle and American Airlines and/or other contracted carriers
• Prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds and check baggage
• Preform duties in departure lounges or at boarding gates
• Escort passengers from the terminal to and from aircrafts
busy day at work while enjoying the sights
Crew Chief Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2014
a typical day at work starts out by creating the days schedule and assigning task to all teams. The day continues by periodically overlooking the schedule to ensure no issues arise with time delays. Towards the end of the day let the shift manager know everything went well with whatever issues there was regardless of how minor or major it was.
I learned team work is a key component to making the operation run smooth. I believe that team work is key not only in this line of work but in all lines of work.
The hardest part of working at the airport is the constant noise level. Yes, there is hearing protection and it does protects your hearing but can be in the way at times. In all honesty the most enjoyable part of the job was the flight benefits.
Terrible Place to Work.
Crew Chief (Current Employee), O'HareJune 19, 2014
Pros: on the ramp you get a small pay check while getting a good work out.
Cons: pay, conditions, union, company treatment.
Terrible pay, filthy conditions, and dead end jobs.
Any/all Reinforcement is negative.
Union does not do much.
This place has a huge and constantly moving revolving door with ALL of their personell. The revolving door is moving fast these days.
Working here has been a very humbling experience in my life. Perhaps something I needed.
But no one can live on what they pay. And with the way they treat employees........well, it is definitely time to move on.
Ramp Agent
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Minneeapolis St Paul International airportMay 11, 2014
I enjoy working with my coworkers.
We load and offload luggages off the aircraft.
I believe my coworkers would say that i'm a hard worker and i like to get the job done.
Productive work area
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: i helped input data collected from customers to better their service.
Cons: people usually thought i was from a telemarketing business trying to sell business
Daily, I worked on calling customers from the company I was assigned to and asked them questions to take surveys. I logged down all complaints and compliments from all customers. We used their data to better their service. The hardest part of my job was taking insults from customers that thought I was trying to sell telemarketing products. The best part of my job was getting a great satisfactory job done.
VERY PRODUCTIVE...ENJOYED WORKING FOR THE FACILITY
CNA (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 23, 2013
Pros: alway's teaching you different things, drilled policy
Cons: allowed you to be yourself&mature as you grow
DAY START WITH GETTING ASSIGNMENT,GO OVER NAMES WITH THEIR PERSONAL NEED'S TO WHO IS SCHEDULED FOR A SHOWER FOR TIME MANAGEMENT.ASSIST THOSE WHO EAT IN THE DINING ROOM.PICK UP PERSONAL TRAY'S TO RESIDENT'S WHOM DECIDED TO EAT IN THEIR PRIVATE ROOMS OR ON THE UNIT.ASSIST WITH CUTTING FOOD UP,OPEANING MILK & DESSERTS AS NEEDED FOR RESIDENTS.SOMETIMES HAVE TO FEED THOSE WHO CAN'T FEED THEMSELVES.HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS GETTING HELP IN THE SHOWER ROOM FOR THE LIFT.LOVED WORKING WITH EVERYONE IN EVERY DEPT.LOVE MY JOB & WORKING WITH THE ELDERLY @ ALL LEVELS.TO SEE THE SMILE ON THEIR FACES IS PRICELESS WHEN YOU TAKE THE EXTRA TIME TO LISTEN TO THEM ABOUT THEIR JOB'S,TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD,MARRIAGE & FAMILY.
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Staunton, VAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Great teamwork, fully staffed, everyone knew the hard work that had to be done
Love working with the residents!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Fork Union, VAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: residents
Cons: pay rate
Overall good environment to work in. Good hours. People are easy to get along with. Everyone works together.
Fun atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, VAJune 18, 2013
Conversing with all of the patients was the most interesting part of the job.
Great opportunity to learn and grown ini a field usually reserved for college
Search Engine Review Assistant (Former Employee), Longview, TXNovember 6, 2012
Pros: working at home in my own time
Cons: they moved to phoenix and the need for my position was lost
I was able to work at home, setting my own schedule so long as I met the criteria and number of hours requested for that week.
I learned how to write effective and understandable reviews for companies to help web rankings, I also began learning SEO and SEM software.
My boss was a joy to work with and under, was easy to communicate with.
The hardest part of the job was to stay focused in a non formal work enviroment but it was also the most enjoyable part of the job
Great job!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2012
Perfect job for me at the time. I was trained for customer service and clerical skills.
past meds to 30 patients,charted on these patients,vital signs on selective patients
LPN (Former Employee), NCAugust 10, 2012
Pros: had a set schedule
Cons: no breaks
I learned time management, how to work with my co-workers in a responsible way. I learned to have patience with the elderly. I absolutely loved working with the elderly, it made my day just to see them happy. Management was the hardest part of my job,I worked there for two yrs. and went through 4 D.O.N's.