ENVOY Employee Reviews

Horrible working conditions, poor wages, most horrible manager
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 26, 2016
This is a difficult plsce to work, the hours are horrible and the manager expects too much for 9.34 an hour. HORRIBLE place to work. The manager changes the schedule with little notice,
Pros
free flight
Cons
horrible boss
fun place
teamwork
flexible
health benefits
in house training
Pros
free flights
Cons
hrs and delays
poor management
G.S.E. Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Management watched employee die on the clock and tried to cover it up. Company needs to be investigated!! It was the worst work experience i have every encountered! The work shop was too small and did not even have room for employee toolboxes. Company needs to be investigated about the death!!
love my job
cna (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAApril 12, 2016
busy everyday, leard alot from my nurses, management was good, co works was good, the hardest part of the job was it was hard to find someone to help u when u needed, go in to take care of my resdent
Pros
love my job
Cons
to many poeple calling out
Was a good place to work
Lead Supervisor Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 9, 2016
Benefits were amazing. As changes began to be implemented and the crunch of state budget deficit began to effect state employees this no longer was a challenging, enjoyable place to work.
Worked a limited number of hours each week
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAFebruary 26, 2016
This was an older company that changed ownership numerous times. They changed management numerous time as well. This created a lot of changes that at times were not well thought through.
fairly laid back and relaxed environment
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 18, 2015
Very simple work once trained on data entry, but must sit in a gray cubical all day. honestly very easy work but management doesn't pay much attention to workers needs to make the office feel more relaxed.
Pros
free flights
Cons
bad healthcare
better than working at a restaurant but...
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 3, 2015
Either you deal with outdoor work, bad weather, and bags, or indoor work, nasty passengers, and bags.
Either you have a very early morning shift (starting at 4am) or a very late night shift (ending at 2am). In any case you don't know when you are going to leave because if the plane is late, no one goes home. Working pace may vary from rather slow with nice downtimes, to very stressful and physical.
It is not glamorous. Consider working outside during a snow storm and dumping lavatory waste.
Forget about your weekends! Not even senior employees got them off. Your schedule may change drastically every two weeks.
It pays a bit more than 9$/hour, and it does not go much higher than that with time.
Flight benefits are awesome: you fly for free on stand-by for open seats. But it's hard, especially with two jobs, to manage to find time to fly anywhere. Plus they are drastically understaffed so it's impossible to find a sub to make a shift trade.
The current local manager is fair but tough. Management at head quarter is another story...
Pros
flight benefits, downtimes
Cons
low wages, terrible scheduling
Poor hours and poor managment
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 26, 2015
Checking passengers in for flights and loading passengers on aircraft. Learned how to deal with difficult situations and to be independent. Never seemed to have management understand low staffing for demand. Great coworkers. Hardest part is long hours and poor pay. Enjoy talking with passengers.
Pros
Flight benifits and ability to trade shifts
Cons
Days no breaks and very short staffed
fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 12, 2015
Love the people I work with.
Once I clock in its pretty fast paced for about 4 hours then I get a small break then its steady till I clock out.
A great first taste of responsibility with a construction project
Air Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 5, 2015
You will arrive on the abatement site between 7-9am depending on the project, set up your air samples, begin daily log, then check on air samples every hour to make sure the air pumps are functioning properly. Samples must be mailed out daily or every other day depending on significance of project.

Management is very understanding with time off, choosing sites that are time friendly to employees, & give you all training to be successful.
Pros
Independent Work Environment
Cons
Must be willing to make flexible commutes daily
Great Place
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2015
Envoy is Air is an amazing place to start working. Lots of room to advance. Most General Managers start as station agents and work there way up. The benefits are crazy as you are able to fly for free anywhere domestically they fly. Overall a wonderful job.
Pros
Free domestic travel
Cons
Starting pay
High pressure environment
Instructor Of Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work involved FAA mandated training to new hire employees in Maintenance Operations from VPs to Inventory Control Specialist, ensuring all course ware was current and the owners of the course ware were kept informed of any regulatory changes requiring their approval for change to the courseware in a timely manner.

I gained in-depth working knowledge of how a commercial airline works, and opportunity to interact across a broad spectrum of positions both vertically and horizontally, and use inventory and maintenance designed software for the operations.

I enjoyed an exceptional working relationship with my management, both immediate and upper, and my co-workers. This is by far one of the finest groups I've had the pleasure of working with. I considered them family.

The hardest part of my work was failing students knowing this job was their livelihood.

Each day brought new challenges, something I enjoy.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
A long hard day, many hours of work or travel
Could be more employee supportive for long term advancement
AQP/FAA Certified Instructor /DFW (Current Employee) –  Irving, TxMarch 6, 2015
Needs to change culture to retain employees through proactive advancement opportunities through experience and overall performance of employees. Need better salary structure to retain great employees with bi-yearly reviews of performance and have iniative to reward those dedicated to achieve excellent performance.
Station agent working for American Eagle, United Airline, and US Airways
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2014
Helping passenger with daily flight information and the ticket counter/gate. Placing baggage on the plane and debagging the plane. Co workers are fun to work with and seeing how different set of employees operate kick off, morning, afternoon, and night shifts. Also the benefits!!!
Sounds great, but it's a horrible place to work.
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  ALBANYAugust 27, 2014
On paper, this job sounds great. Possibilties to grow, learn, develop..
Not at all! This place, is a joke. Poor management, poor pay, poor benefits. High expectations, many company created issues that can be completely avoided.

Co-workers are great. Hard working individuals that make our General Manager look great, while she does absolutely nothing. at the end of the day, this company has done nothing to correct the issues we have brought to there attention.

Traveling, which is supposed to be our best travel priviledge has become almost impossible to do because of long work hours/days, and the difficulty in getting shifts covered due to non-exsistant training and high employee turnover.

The expectation at Envoy is that 1 individual is trained $9/hour to do the work of 5 other individuals, while if this was a mainline airline, and not a gound handling operation, you would be trained to be 1 individual, getting paid $15+/hour to do 1 simple task. THIS DOES NOT WORK. This only creates unsafe working conditions because employees are tired, overworked, and underpaid. The morale at this company is low and always will be as long as company continues to take advantage of people.

Sure, if you want your foot in the door of an airline, by all means apply--but know that every expectation you may have, and every promise they feed you is FALSE, and you like everyone before you will continue to leave this company and find work elsewhere, doing less work, and making more money. (Even FAST FOOD PAYS MORE THAN THIS PLACE, and you do A LOT LESS WORK)

While Envoy is part of American Airlines,
  more... this review is in no way a reflection of American and its business policies or procedures, and is strictly regarding Envoy.

My honest opinion, is that you avoid this company, and highly reccomend that you find another job, at a more respectable company... While I know that this is not easy, it will save you in the end, because I guarantee you will never be happy or satisfied here.
Pros
co-workers, travel (when you are able) aircraft
Cons
pay, management, rules, work hours, health benefits, tsa, faa, rude customers, airport operations
Fun work enviorment
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2014
• Promote and sell air travel with American Eagle and American Airlines and/or other contracted carriers
• Prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds and check baggage
• Preform duties in departure lounges or at boarding gates
• Escort passengers from the terminal to and from aircrafts
busy day at work while enjoying the sights
Crew Chief Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2014
a typical day at work starts out by creating the days schedule and assigning task to all teams. The day continues by periodically overlooking the schedule to ensure no issues arise with time delays. Towards the end of the day let the shift manager know everything went well with whatever issues there was regardless of how minor or major it was.
I learned team work is a key component to making the operation run smooth. I believe that team work is key not only in this line of work but in all lines of work.
The hardest part of working at the airport is the constant noise level. Yes, there is hearing protection and it does protects your hearing but can be in the way at times. In all honesty the most enjoyable part of the job was the flight benefits.
Terrible Place to Work.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  O'HareJune 19, 2014
Terrible pay, filthy conditions, and dead end jobs.
Any/all Reinforcement is negative.
Union does not do much.
This place has a huge and constantly moving revolving door with ALL of their personell. The revolving door is moving fast these days.
Working here has been a very humbling experience in my life. Perhaps something I needed.
But no one can live on what they pay. And with the way they treat employees........well, it is definitely time to move on.
Pros
on the ramp you get a small pay check while getting a good work out.
Cons
pay, conditions, union, company treatment.
Ramp Agent
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Minneeapolis St Paul International airportMay 11, 2014
I enjoy working with my coworkers.
We load and offload luggages off the aircraft.
I believe my coworkers would say that i'm a hard worker and i like to get the job done.