Job Posting is located in Farmingdale, NY
ENZO CLINICAL LABS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Enzo Biochem, Inc.
headquartered in Farmingdale, New York.
We are a full service clinical reference laboratory. As one of the leading regional labs in
the country, we combine the extensive testing capabilities of a large laboratory with the convenience and
personalized service of a local one. Enzo was one of the area's first laboratories to be awarded the prestigious
College of American Pathologists (CAP) accreditation. This award indicates that we have passed an extremely
rigorous series of inspections far more sophisticated than those mandated by licensing authorities.
Our technical staff is led by board-certified pathologists and technical managers who combine years of clinical
experience with the desire to produce the highest quality laboratory results. Enzo's Quality Control program
(QCP) was developed by clinical experts, and is among the most comprehensive in the industry. Our facilities
are equipped with a state-of-the-art computer and communications system to allow rapid transmission of results
to client physicians. In addition, Enzo maintains a broad menu of routine and esoteric clinical assays utilizing
the latest in laboratory technology.
For more information about our company, visit www.enzo.com/clinicallabs.
Senior Director, Finance
Reporting directly to the Divisional President and SVP of Corporate Finance, this key leadership position is
responsible for all finance functions within Enzo Clinical Labs, including revenue recognition and billing,
financial reporting and analysis, cash management, and accounting operations. This position will own budgeting
and forecasting, performance management metrics, process improvements, and enhancements to internal
Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Prepare financial reporting and analysis for segment results. Interpret results and identify operational
variances to forecast, budget, and prior year. Present findings to executive decision makers.
- Forecast and budget financial performance based on business drivers, trends, and new product
introductions. Evaluate existing and new test offerings to ensure profitability.
- Support growth strategies and initiatives cross-functionally, including operations and sales
- Serve as a key member of management to evaluate strategic partnerships and contract negotiations.
- Develop financial models and benchmarking tools to evaluate costs within business lines.
- Ensure business requirements and capital investments are aligned within the segment.
- Initiate information technology projects in collaboration with internal and external IT resources. Be a
subject matter expert in business intelligence using existing and developed technology solutions.
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition of the Clinical Lab including billing and collections. Analyze
results against expectations and articulate operational and financial performance.
- Partner with executive management on performance-driven process improvement opportunities, new
business opportunities, and cost control initiatives.
- Manage general accounting function including monthly close, accounts payable, and billing and
- Prepare cash forecasts for operations and project working capital requirements.
- Direct a well-trained and professional finance team to achieve operational goals. Seek to promote and
coach the team to ensure support of segment management.
- Manage all accounting policies, internal controls, and SOX procedures as required. Work with the Corporate finance team to support executive management presentations, special projects
and SEC regulations. Prepare analyses and supporting schedules as required for quarterly and annual
Expertise and Professional Background required:
- 15-20 years of professional experience in private sector finance in large and growing organizations with
revenues in excess of $300 million, including 5-10 years of recent and relevant financial experience in
the clinical lab, diagnostic, healthcare, or life science industry.
- Public accounting/auditing experience in a Big Four or nationally recognized public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Must be a CPA, and preferably hold an MBA.
- Extensive experience in financial information systems including Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics, SQL
data bases. Expert with Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Broad background working cross-functionally in matrix organizations.
- Must have high energy, proven leadership skills, be hands-on, and possess strong business ethics.
ENZO CLINICAL LABS offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including competitive
base salary, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account,
generous paid time off, and 401k with a company match.
Job Posting is located in Farmingdale, NY