Eog Resources

Eog Resources Employee Reviews

FAST PACED RELAXED ENVIRONMENT
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: FREE DRINKS, RELAXED ENVIRINMENT
YOU WORKED BY YOURSELF WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS. YOUR JOB WAS SOLELY ON YOU BUT THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMEONE AVAILABLE TO HELP, YES IT WAS TEAM WORK, BUT THEY ALSO WANTED TO SEE HOW YOU WORKED INDIVIDUALLY. IT IS A GREAT ENVIRONMENT WITH GREAT PEOPLE
Small company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: micro management
Its a small company with a lot of room for growth, and portential. It is a good family oriented company. You stay busy and offers oppurtunity to step outside your boundaries.
First consultant job.
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee), Gillette, WYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: may get call back still on vindors list
Cons: price of oil down
Worked nights,learning as much about consulting as could take in. Caught up w/ the drilling rig.ran out completion work for the time no seniority had to let go.
Not good
Lead operator (Current Employee), alice txDecember 17, 2014
This job was only good for un educated students or homeless people. the amount of pay really did not match the amount of hours you put in. I would never go back to this company. They also did not put any money back into the equipment.
very productive workplace, classes to learn new applications, and help do job affectively.
Land Assistant/Land Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: bounses, perks
Cons: parking
A typical day at work, log in to my computer check my email make a list of has to be done that day. Work with division orders, land administrator, land analyst assist them with clerical and computer skills. I learned how to work in tobin land suite and other land applications, how to run and maintain lease log reports. Management was good my co workers were a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to advance and move to different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was when they would reward us for a job well done.
Treat employees very nicely
Regulatory Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 6, 2014
Great work atmosphere and employee benefits
Flexible schedule
Experienced management
Enjoyed my job and people I worked with
Administrative Assistant / Records Tech (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 29, 2014
Great place to work and enjoyed the people I worked with. I really learned alot working here.
Excellent opportunities to get in at an entry level position and receive training to further a career in the oil/gas industry.
Compressor Mechanic Floater/relief (Former Employee), Bowie TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: very limited supervision on a daily basis, some tools provided, opportunity to work on the latest gas compressors
Cons: the lying and deception from the top down.
With a year of compressor experience and an aptitude for mechanics,EOG gave me a shot to get in somewhere and advance at my own rate.After a couple of years the promises about advancement were never fulfilled and I realized it was not the place that I wanted to be.
Enjoyed working for EOG
Completions Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Forestburg, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Everything was great working for them, but 7 days a week with no days off for 60 days was too much for me to balance.
Great people
Survey Coordinator (Former Employee), Godley, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Loved the people i worked with. I got to talk to alot of land owners and other professionals. Awesome
Productive work environment
Drilling Foreman (Former Employee), Dubois PASeptember 13, 2013
Manage all day to day activities regarding well projects. while maintaining cost down
Great Place
MEASUREMENT QC COORDINATOR: (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: cutting edge opportunity and experience
Cons: work loacations
This is a great place to work. A full range of forward movement in one’s career and great place for cutting edge opportunity and experience
extremely rewarding for persons with affiliations
production tech (Current Employee), Midland, TXAugust 14, 2013
The hardest part of working here is getting recognized.
benefits are amazing
work day is lax
it was a good job but managment was poor fellow workers were great
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Godley, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: get to take a lunch when ever you want.
Cons: management
A typical day at work was going into the office first and doing book work, then hitting the field checking all wells on my route, I learned how the making gas process works, management was poor in the way they deal with employees under them, all co workers were easy to get along with everyone helped each other if needed be, hardest part of the job was having to deal with management, most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn how to work on things.
Excellent Company
Contract Lease Operator (Former Employee), Carthage, TXJune 24, 2013
Very good company to work for. Slim to none on home life but I was hired as contract and got called out alot.
overall good company
Natural Gas Compressor Mechanic (Former Employee), Godley, TXApril 3, 2013
I was a field mechanic in the Nat. gas field. I worked on Engine and compressor packages ranging in sizes from 100hp to 1775hp. I was given charge over a few locations to operate and maintain the equipment. We performed various maintenance from routine pm's to complete overhauls. The company would not directly hire employees but rather contract it out from oil services companies for 2 years before direct hire.
Good starting place for a new career.
Operator Natural Gas Plant (Current Employee), Smiley, TXFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: your on a contract employee base
I've learned a lot and they gave me a chance although I had no prior oil field experience.
Not what i had expected
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Indianna paOctober 30, 2012
Could be a great place to work if they would get with the times and pay well tenders even close to what other companys are paying.
Not ten dollars less than most places.and raises are next to nothing...
There is a lot of potential job growth.
Assistant Geologist Tech (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 16, 2012
• Handled general administrative duties for Geologists during the summers of 2002-2004 such as
filing, faxing, copying and mailing
• Inserted seismic map and oil well information into Excel and computer programs
• Organized mailing in mail room
Way under paid !!
Well Tender/ Roustabout (Current Employee), Indiana, PAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: brand new company vehicle
Cons: way under paid for the amount of work done in compairson to other companys of the same size!
A typical day at work involves a 45 min drive to my first lease which I don't get paid for! My time doesn't start till I reach my lease. I start out by inspecting each well, production unit ,and compressors, and d highs for any problems and fix anything wrong and blow down wells if they need it then writing down the off the meater into my log book. I proceed on to my next lease and do the same. At the end of day before driving off my lease I text my boss that I am out and leave and don't get payed for the drive home. I am on call every other week sometimes more and don't get paid any extra like most companys do for being on call ! My supervisor is very good at his job and tries to help out a lot but I was promised a lot when hired on and have never seen anything I was promised so far! The company has no roustabouts so I well tend and do it all and are way under paid for the amout of work and experience I do and have!!

About Eog Resources

EOG Resources' geography is determined by where it can locate primary energy resources -- natural gas, natural gas liquids, and oil. – Read more