EOG Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Family atmosphere
Sr. Operations Assistant-Production (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 5, 2016
I have worked with a great group of diverse people during my almost 9 years with EOG and have made many friends that I will have for the rest of my life. EOG is a great company to work for and has a family atmosphere. My current Bosses are very thankful and appreciative of my work and let me know often that I am very appreciated. The hardest part is not knowing the fate of the oil industry in it's current downturn, which is why I accepted an 'early retirement' package that was too good to pass up.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Current climate of the oil & gas industry
Very Goood Place to Work
Measurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 19, 2016
Monitored the meters in the field via computer and learned to build and create alarms and messages through the SCADA system.
Management teams were very helpful.
Everyone appeared to get along very well with each other.
The hardest part of the job was actually being laid off due to the downturn in the gas and oil industry.
Pros
Great People
EOG Resources
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Town N.D.January 18, 2016
Typical work day included all aspects of well construction. I learned ways to be more efficient and effective through the use of new technology and forward thinking. Management was effective and efficient. I worked with many co-workers from across the U.S. Drilling in N.Dakota included working during harsh winter weather. I enjoyed the N. Dakota climate changes and being able to travel to see and learn new things.
Pros
solid wages, good work environment
Cons
work has become sporadic or non existent due to oil price decline
Coworkers were great!
Procurement Specialist/Materials Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
Culture/atmosphere at EOG was mostly satisfactory. The environment was fast-paced and challenging. I had a great experience and I learned a great deal more about the oil & gas industry. I hope to take the skills I acquired and apply them to future job opportunities.
Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 26, 2015
Worked as a safety consultant for EOG conducted safety inspection of maintenance work and new construction of well sites. Also conducted monthly inspection of H2S monitors and fire extinguisher along with monthly checks of cascade systems at each of the well sites. Managed confine space entries. Performed noise surveys, NORM surveys. Investigated accidents to identify causes or determine how such accidents maybe prevented in the future.
Innovative Company that values Employee Development
Landman (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2015
Unique to other E&P's I have worked at in the sense that, EOG values developing its employees and keeping them involved with the big picture of the company. Weekly Monday morning meetings were held that reviewed workings of last week, what the goals are for this week and what are goals are for the remainder of the quarter.
Pros
Flexible hours, employee development, reputation, benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up the ladder due to aging workforce
Wonderful Team, Most Managers Ok
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2016
EOG is big on professional development, which is a wonderful benefit. My initial team and boss were wonderful. However, another manager was not and several people left just because of this person.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of HR support for Employee compaints
Productive and fun place to work
Land Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Good place to work and enjoy the co-workers. You try to help out when needed or at least when asked to help or just give a little bit of encouragement which goes a long way sometimes.
Pros
Good healthcare and paid time off
Cons
management not always backing you up
Good place to learn, lots of opportunities
Senior Geoscience Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Able to work self paced as well as team member
usually a variety of tasks to complete, such must be multi-tasker
opportunity to get educational assistance
opportunity to get health assistance (gyms, support)
good pay
Fast-paced workplace that offered many challenges.
WATER TRANSFER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2016
EOG is an excellent company to work for. My co-workers were the best part about my job. The hardest part of my job with EOG was the logistical challenges I faced. The amount of area that I had to cover was great.

Want to know more about EOG Resources?

Ask a question
Productive, postive environment with varied daily responsibilites
Executive Administrative Assistant/Engineer Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2016
A typical day consists of coordination of work flow for our 4 field offices with 6 Field Superintendents, 10 Production Foreman and 12 Administrative Assistants. Liaison between them and our Field Production Manager for everything from organizing training and meetings, documenting compliance with requirements, addressing issues and working together to cut cost and maintain productivity and safety. I also coordinate interdepartmentally to establish a division wide schedule to communicate when which wells will go to production. I also oversee logistics in utilizing and the tracking of 66 pieces of company owned production equipment. Generation of cost analysis reports, equipment/trucking report and regulatory report for the Texas Railroad Commission.
Pros
Positive environment, amply opportuity to learn new things
Cons
Down turn in Oil prices has resulted in mulitple rounds of lay offs and early retirement packages
very laid back work environment
SPCCC SPECIALIST, LEASE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Bowie, TXOctober 26, 2015
A typical day is doing inventory and maintenance on all 27 of the wells on 13 leases I operate.

I have learned the ins and outs of daily operations of oil leases. Ive learned how to keep equipment running and the best and most productive ways of producing and maintaining product

Management is easy to get a long with, but communication is lacking quite a bit

I work mostly solo

The hardest part is the schedule. I miss a lot at home with the family

The most enjoyable part of the day, is seeing what all i have acomplished during the day and seeing that everything is working properly.
Pros
laid back atmoshpere
Cons
benefits, and family
Denver Division of EOG was an awesome place to work
Geological Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2015
The Denver Division of EOG was an awesome place to work. They provided many opportunities for growth. They also participated in the GCC challenge and offered employees the option to participate at no cost. The work was challenging and rewarding. Management listened to employees and valued employees' viewpoints.
Worked with great co-workers and crews
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Met some great people. Great work environment. Learned a lot about the process involved in day to day well activities with vendors and clients.
Great people but hard to achieve a company position if your a contractor.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 28, 2015
For a female contractor it is extremely hard to achieve going company. While others achieve it within 2 years. Giving a company 4 years with out having the ability to achieve the larger goal of being company is not easy to keep motivated. The people are great. The experiences and ability to be trained is outstanding.
Great place to work, if you have a good manager.
Land Technician & ROW Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2015
This company's senior management team is great. They have a wonderful structure for flexibility... you just have to hope your manager doesn't ruin it. Good place for advancement if you are a "professional". This company is very focused on health and wellness of their employees.
Pros
Great technology to work with, a successful organization
Cons
Salary usually runs lower than competitors due to "good benefit package".
Extremely productive company with great management and exceptional team players
Contract Flowback Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Overall the entire company has been outstanding to work for. However, due to changing circumstances in my personal life (new baby!) it has become increasingly difficult to be gone from home for several weeks at a time. The company is managed very effectively and we are a top producer in the Oil & Gas Industry. It has been an honor to be associated with this company and also to have made such strides in such a short time period.
Pros
Company takes care of us contractors (consultants) very well. A lot of freedom at work
Cons
No schedule, no room for advancement
good moral
Accounting Admin / Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Respectable professional atmosphere that is fast pace. Job is detail oriented. Management keeps you well informed where you're at as well as the company.
Great Company
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  PA, WYNovember 30, 2015
EOG is one of the finest companies I have ever worked with. Great ideas from engineer's, hands and drilling consultants. A real team based company. Drill them fast and cheap and thats just what we did.
Great Company, Well Managed
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2015
Great place to work. Good stock options. Company is well managed and provides training for its employees to advance. I enjoyed working for the company and would have stayed if my area was not sold off.

4.2