EOG Resources Employee Reviews

Best company i've worked for
Petrophysicist Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Amazing staff and management. Best place I've worked for and would easily go back. Good work life, friendly people, all around fantastic experience.
Pros
Great Moral
Cons
N/A
Unstable company
Safety/Environmental Production Advisor (Former Employee) –  South TexasAugust 8, 2016
To many buddies hiring buddies without experience. Company management lacks safety culture and is not being held accountable for their actions.

On the other side, the field personnel are in experienced but shows ability to advance and learn.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No established safety culture.
Very stressful place to work due to the insecurity that was very tangible.
Production Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2017
As the workforce was a temp workforce, the job insecurity was very tangible therefore closeness between coworkers was non-existent. No overtime was allowed at most of the admin and clerical positions so your workweek was stressful because deadlines were still expected to be met.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flex time and that Fridays were short days making for a longer weekend.
Pros
The company observed flex time, Fridays were only 6 hour days making for a longer weekend.
Cons
The admin and clerical workforce consisted of only temp employees, these same temp employees had very slight chances of being hired as permanent employees, high turnover of admin and clerical employees.
Materials Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2016
I loved my job at EOG, despite some of the frustrations. Their corporate policy of using mostly contractors being the main issue. I learned a ton about the material management and logistics involved in running an oil and gas operation.
Pros
Casual Dress all week.
Cons
Contract workforce.
daily tasks
Contract Meter and Automation Lead/Tech (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 24, 2016
Working and maintaining development with automation and controls in the oil/gas industry. Managing techs in the specific area. Daily checks on the network and data sent to Cygnet. keeping contact and communication up up Engineers and Lease Operators. Ordering parts for each specific job and making sure correct parts and devices arrive to location on time. Programming end devices and setting up communications. Training new techs on the automation with software and weekly meetings.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 11, 2016
Learned a lot about inventory management and co workers are awesome to work with hardest part of the job was the drive to work.
Financially Strong and Stable company with Support Corporate Culture
Revenue Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2016
My work at EOG involved supervision of a team of accountants and clerks tasked with revenue accounting duties for a large E&P company. Over the course of my career with EOG, my duties were expanded in accordance with my increased experience. Management training was provided along the way. In addition the performance review process provided excellent feedback to allow job growth and improvement. The pace of work at EOG is very fast. I relied very heavily on my team to get all their work done and to help make decisions for the group regarding job assignments and deadlines. I provided the expertise on division of interest maintenance, which documents the ownership of oil and gas wells from an accounting point of view. This allowed me to interact with the other departments such as Land Administration, Legal, Marketing, and Division Land and Administration. The management team at EOG have been working together for a long time and were very knowledgeable about their departments. The hardest part of the job was balancing the demands from upper management while providing supervisory support for the accountants who reported to me. I enjoyed the relationships I formed with all my co-workers and the rewards systems in place at EOG which acknowledged hard work and special effort.
Pros
Supportive management, excellent benefits
Cons
Very fast work pace
awesome place to work. They take care of their employees
WAREHOUSE ATTENDANT # 3/ EXPEDITOR (Current Employee) –  Big Piney, WYFebruary 1, 2017
Shoveling snow in the winter. Build pumps and hand out parts to the pumpers. Take phone calls for orders. Take inventory of yards and locations.
Productive and Healthy
Senior Drilling Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2016
My 18 years with the EOG family was incredible. I would still be there had it not been for the industry downturn. I understand and can work in every facet of the oil and gas industry.
Great place to work, if you have a good manager.
Land Technician & ROW Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2015
This company's senior management team is great. They have a wonderful structure for flexibility... you just have to hope your manager doesn't ruin it. Good place for advancement if you are a "professional". This company is very focused on health and wellness of their employees.
Pros
Great technology to work with, a successful organization
Cons
Salary usually runs lower than competitors due to "good benefit package".
very laid back work environment
SPCCC SPECIALIST, LEASE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Bowie, TXOctober 26, 2015
A typical day is doing inventory and maintenance on all 27 of the wells on 13 leases I operate.

I have learned the ins and outs of daily operations of oil leases. Ive learned how to keep equipment running and the best and most productive ways of producing and maintaining product

Management is easy to get a long with, but communication is lacking quite a bit

I work mostly solo

The hardest part is the schedule. I miss a lot at home with the family

The most enjoyable part of the day, is seeing what all i have acomplished during the day and seeing that everything is working properly.
Pros
laid back atmoshpere
Cons
benefits, and family
Basically a good company to work for.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2016
I worked as a contract Buyer. They do not treat contract employees well. Some of the actual employees will treat contract people as second class. Contract people are not paid as good as many other companies.
Pros
Oil production is an interesting industry. Offices, no cubicals.
Cons
You can work on contract for years and never get hired.
Na
Sr. Geoscience Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 7, 2016
Learned something new every day. The work I did on a daily basis gave me a challenge, that is what I enjoyed most. They gave me the tools I needed to get my job done.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
NA
Very Goood Place to Work
Measurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 19, 2016
Monitored the meters in the field via computer and learned to build and create alarms and messages through the SCADA system.
Management teams were very helpful.
Everyone appeared to get along very well with each other.
The hardest part of the job was actually being laid off due to the downturn in the gas and oil industry.
Pros
Great People
Eog
Measurement Associate/SCADA Technician-Full time (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 7, 2014
To summarize, it is a great company to work for. They treat their employee`s well and give competitive pay and great benefits. Co-Workers for the most part are great. They want to work together for the good of the company. I was thrust into a role I was unfamiliar with, and was given the opportunity to learn as much as possible about working with SCADA environments. Hardest part of the job was being fought on technological advancements that were in place by past personnel and dealing with new personnel that may not know or appreciate exactly the contributions I did make. Enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Without question they provide families with great benefits and a great environment to work for.
Cons
There really were not any cons in my experience at EOG.
Coworkers were great!
Procurement Specialist/Materials Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
Culture/atmosphere at EOG was mostly satisfactory. The environment was fast-paced and challenging. I had a great experience and I learned a great deal more about the oil & gas industry. I hope to take the skills I acquired and apply them to future job opportunities.
Family atmosphere
Sr. Operations Assistant-Production (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXApril 5, 2016
I have worked with a great group of diverse people during my almost 9 years with EOG and have made many friends that I will have for the rest of my life. EOG is a great company to work for and has a family atmosphere. My current Bosses are very thankful and appreciative of my work and let me know often that I am very appreciated. The hardest part is not knowing the fate of the oil industry in it's current downturn, which is why I accepted an 'early retirement' package that was too good to pass up.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Current climate of the oil & gas industry
Productive, postive environment with varied daily responsibilites
Executive Administrative Assistant/Engineer Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2016
A typical day consists of coordination of work flow for our 4 field offices with 6 Field Superintendents, 10 Production Foreman and 12 Administrative Assistants. Liaison between them and our Field Production Manager for everything from organizing training and meetings, documenting compliance with requirements, addressing issues and working together to cut cost and maintain productivity and safety. I also coordinate interdepartmentally to establish a division wide schedule to communicate when which wells will go to production. I also oversee logistics in utilizing and the tracking of 66 pieces of company owned production equipment. Generation of cost analysis reports, equipment/trucking report and regulatory report for the Texas Railroad Commission.
Pros
Positive environment, amply opportuity to learn new things
Cons
Down turn in Oil prices has resulted in mulitple rounds of lay offs and early retirement packages
EOG Resources
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Town N.D.January 18, 2016
Typical work day included all aspects of well construction. I learned ways to be more efficient and effective through the use of new technology and forward thinking. Management was effective and efficient. I worked with many co-workers from across the U.S. Drilling in N.Dakota included working during harsh winter weather. I enjoyed the N. Dakota climate changes and being able to travel to see and learn new things.
Pros
solid wages, good work environment
Cons
work has become sporadic or non existent due to oil price decline
Corruption
Foreman (Current Employee) –  San AntonioNovember 29, 2015
I absolutely love this company but new management is allowing to much corruption pass. Employees are top notch and level of equipment is first class
Pros
Loved going to work
Cons
Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EOG Resources. Our community is ready to answer.