Eos Cca

Eos Cca Employer Reviews

Good but not the right fit
Team Lead (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
It was overall a good experience. There were just some things the management staff and I agree on. In general, my coworkers were fantastic. It was a great place to start experience in the collections aspect of the company but there was an unfortunate time where the advancement stops.
n/a
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 13, 2014
Company was more focused on the bottom line rather than the employees.
very bad management
Debt Collector (Former Employee), denver coSeptember 8, 2014
great co workers, horrible management
typical day at work was getting yelled at
I learned a lot about collections.
I enjoyed when we weren't getting yelled at and I felt comfortable working there
Flexible Schedule
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Addison, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: managers are too young and immature.
I was never advised in training that you must meet your goal (80%) in collection before bonuses are paid out.
Day in the Life at EOS CCA
Unit Lead/Loan Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: monthly incentives, insurance, 401k
Cons: micro-management, reactive
Each day begins with following up with consumers from the previous day to achieve the ultimate goal of getting them out of a federal default. Carried with various questions from fellow collectors on my team, as well as other teams, that pertain to contract knowledge, company policy, as well as FDCPA to ensure they have the tools they need to complete their jobs. Management within this company is a very micro-management approach and, while frustrating at times, it gets the job completed most of the time. The company is very reactive as opposed to proactive which I have expressed the concern for with upper management a great deal. However the management within the office I work within is structured for success and am proud to say I am part of that success. The team I help lead has been very successful in attaining and surpassing performance based goals for the better part of a year excelling us ahead of other teams within the office nationwide. The most difficult part of the job is knowing the answers to problems and issues but having your hands tied as well as trying to remain even keeled as you watch management fumble with being more proactive than reactive. The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving success each month and knowing that you are helping others.
Great work environment and leadership!
Loan Recovery Specialist, Federal Debt Collector (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 4, 2014
Great call center environment, helpful leadership, and great bonus potential!
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative/ Collector (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILMay 5, 2014
Pros: incenitives
Cons: short breaks
how to deal with customers and handle difficult problems
management is very helpful and co-workers are friendly
The hardest part of the job is satisfying the customer when there no resolution but for them to make payment
Not a good company
Loan Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 15, 2014
Poor management, goal expectations too high, child like co-workers
Challenging job in a challenging work environment
LOAN COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Norwell MAJanuary 10, 2014
Very challenging job in a very challenging work environment. Collections by its nature is an emotionally draining profession, being that the leverage employed in negotiation puts your client in compromising situations, often times requiring one to actually assuage a crying, emotional debtor before being able to actually pitch a program. Otherwise excellent place to work for, and friendly coworkers made it easy to split time between hitting my goals and helping them to hit theirs.
full of energy
Collector (Former Employee), Norwell, MADecember 19, 2013
Working for this company you must be on your toes! Lots of energy and excitement. You must be motivated daily and must love hard work
nice coworkers but terrible management
Collections Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 6, 2013
Pros: bring in food sometimes, friendly people
Cons: bad pay, bad management, behind the scene problems you can get in trouble for, lots of work.
The management team was not up to par. When corporate comes in from century link they will pull people off of other teams to make It look like they have hired enough people for the century link team when in fact they haven't. only pays 9.00 and hour. not enough for all the work you will do. don't recommend it.
High stress place with little to no independent thought/imagination allowed
Professional Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 8, 2013
Pros: monthly bonuses and contests
- A typical day consists of making sure to go call after call and to close deals as fast as possible. Very fast paced which I enjoyed.
- I've learned better negotiation skills which lead me to be top collector on my team for the majority of my employment.
- The management team motivates in an interesting way. I can't say that I agree with it at all but as long as you do your job you can typically avoid the negativity spewed.
- My co-workers try hard but are ever changing because of the negative environment. However, most new hires are very young and haven't had a chance to develop the skills necessary to stay positive to close deals and be successful - which in turn makes this the hardest part of the job.
- The most enjoyable part of this job is how competitive it is on both an individual level as well as a team level.
ok company
Administrative/ Office Assistant/Collector (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 23, 2013
Pros: no values
Cons: no respect for females
I liked working for that collection company but the management was bad no respect for females by coworkers which were males no valus and the males had no respect for company they came to work drunk or high om weed nothing was ever done about the situation that was going on...
A company that strives to improve and has great management and staff.
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 5, 2013
Pros: the hourly pay was great, they weren't overly strict when it came to the rules, the people at my office were great, both management and staff
Cons: there is very little job security, the work can be monotonous and defeating at times
A day at EOS CCA consists of lots and lots of calls being placed. There are times when skip tracing is needed and some creative thinking is required but most of the time it about how many calls can be made.

I learned a lot at EOS CCA and not just about debt collecting. I had a great assistant manager and he taught me a lot about leading others and balancing his responsibilities with motivating his employees. I also learned a lot about myself and how to keep pressing on, even in dire circumstances and how that is a victory in itself even if the actual goal isn't met.

I really appreciated the management, for the most part. They were patient but also challenged me to be better. They held me accountable but also helped me meet the expectations and/or were understanding of circumstances out of my control.

My favorite part of the company were the people. They made it worth while to come every day. They kept the work interesting and inspired me to do better.

The hardest part of the job is working so hard and not feeling like anything productive is coming from it. I could call several hundred phone numbers and not talk to one person.
Productive and a good work environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Farmers Branch, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: off holidays with pay, two weekends off a month
Cons: medical insurance, sudden shift changes, routine changes
My typical day of work is receiving incoming and outbound calls. Updating all account as well as collecting money. I've learned how to negotiate and how to explain the importance of removing an delinquent item from a credit report. The management team are awesome. Anytime I have a question about anything my coworkers are always there to help. The hardest part of my job is getting the consumer to understand that they legally owe the balance.Some consumer know but most do not feel they owe the amount. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help someone get this derogatory mark off of their credit report so they are eligible for their new home with a lower interest now that this is cleared up.
great hourly wage above industry average
Account Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 8, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: unrealistic expectations
There was good management. It is difficult to bonus but great hourly.
Collection Agency with room to grow.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 7, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: agressive operations manager
I started at EOS CCA, three and half years ago. I moved from being a rep to team lead. I got promoted to an assistant manager. I enjoy working for EOS CCA
Fast paced work environment
Collection agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TxApril 30, 2013
A typical day at eos-cca would be to come into work and have a meeting in the morning and then hit the phones and start making calls. the hardest part of the job is calling bad accounts and trying to collect on debts that these customers have decided they are not going to pay. I would say that i learned to have patience with people and how to compromise as well. I did have some of the best co-workers however, they were helpful and motivating and always upbeat that also would be the best part of workng there
Fun and Productive Workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Norwell, MANovember 15, 2012
• Setting up borrowers on payment plans, skip tracing with Accurint, administrative wage garnishment, and reviewing credit bureau reports. Possessed a 5C Federal Security Clearance to access the computer system of the United States Department of Education
Dead End Central
Collector (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILNovember 6, 2012
Pros: nice shifts
Cons: no incentives or bonuses
I would like to say that this is the kind of job for undergraduates or those thinking of attending college but want a taste of corporate america, so to speak. If you want robotic, micro-managing, no incentives and NOTHING to look forward to, this is the JOB FOR YOU! We are NOT encouraged to fraternize with other co-workers and the ONLY enjoyable part of this job is when we get paid. I learned how to lie to collect funds (that is many cases people either paid or not comfortable paying over the phone) and manipulate situations, in the name of 'customer service?'