We are an international full service 3PL provider with more than a decade of experience in the NAFTA trade region. Our 17 offices are strategically positioned throughout Mexico, the United States and Canada and give us a competitive advantage and also allow for superb customer service and attractive rates.
We provide flexibility to our customers’ needs; from in-house solutions to a complete outsourcing of your logistical department. We analyze supply chain requirements in order to offer the logistical design that will best suit our customer’s needs.
The Air/Ocean Export Agent is responsible for executing all functions related to the successful operation of this position and to provide top notch customer service with continual improvement in mind.
- Receive and process export shipments via trucking lines, airlines and steamship companies.
- Communicate effectively and timely via phone and email.
- Take booking requests and customer service calls throughout the day.
- Confirm rates every export shipment prior to booking.
- Create proper and complete export documentation and send pre-alerts.
- Request and review export documents.
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures to insure compliance.
- Proactively notify all necessary parties of ANY delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo.
- Negotiate trucking rates, review and approve all truck bills for payment.
- Dispatch truckers to customers to pick up freight and monitor its arrival for consolidation.
- Create all required documentation.
- Review and meet deadlines listed in Operations SOP.
- Cross train as time permits.
- High School Diploma
- 3-4 years Export Agent Experience (both Ocean and Air), function required consisting of all elements of the export process and related documents.
- Three years college is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports along with basic knowledge of U.S. Regulatory Laws.
- IATA DG certification will be considered an asset.
- TSA training will be also considered a must, and IACSC training will be considered a valuable asset
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Knowledge and understanding of US Export Compliance Regulations
- Solid understanding of international logistics, cargo movement and related requirements
- GREAT customer service
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to grow and develop skills for long-term career
- Good memory
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks, must be organized
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Get it done attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Looks for ways to improve processes and service
- Shares best practices and knowledge.
- Strong PC skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail
- Proficient in common software programs such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Cargo movement software, MS Outlook, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email as follows:
- "Export Agent Position - First & Last Name" in the subject line of the email
- Attach resume (pdf or Word format)
- Include the following in the body of your email:
-- Salary Requirements
-- Definitions of the following acronyms: FMC, LCL, FCL, BAF, GRI, ECCN, SED, SLI, B/L, MBL, HBL, CASS, IATA, STA, ECCN, SED, SLI, B/L, MAWB, HAWB, POD, OAG