ep energy Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
Staff Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2016
Good company but upper management very scared to make decisions. CEO is very smart and makes important decisions and wants to be informed of what field and teams need.
Pros
small teams and good discipline communication
Cons
Very indecisive on decisions from upper management
Company with a bright future if it can survive the stock prices
Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
I believe this company has the right ideas as far as business in the oil industry. I enjoyed my employment for the past 3 years and found it difficult to leave. I do however, think the company could do more with less if it were to keep automation in the forefront of its operations.

I have worked in many oil and gas companies and this one is by far the most less advanced company in automation I have seen. So much can be done from the computer screen by one person than 3 or 4 men in the field. Instead the company has decided to reduce the automation group.

Other than this as mentioned above, I believe if the company can survive the oil crisis it may make it by itself. Otherwise, it would be a good company to buy.
Pros
Benefits, employees, enviornment
Cons
Pay scale
Great working enviroment
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, TXMarch 18, 2016
Worked with a great construction team. Excellent safety program. I was contract but made to feel as important as a 20 year employee. Was able to use skills in wide area of projects.
Awesome work experience
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Experience allowed opportunities toward professional development
Big on work-life balance
diverse work culture
co-workers are resourceful
management is consistent
Great compamy to work for
Completion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cotulla, TXMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work for, great work area great people. safety standard is excellent. Epenergy is great job to have and a great people to work for
Good company
PDP Rotation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
Good company, tough industry. I enjoyed working at EP Energy. The coworkers were great and the environment was always lively.
Great Experience
Completion Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Great Learning Experience. Was exposed to completion operations in the Haynesville and Altamont fields. Employees are hard working, but very personable and willing to help each other.
Busy work environment always prepared for changes that occurred.
Administrative Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamont, UtahJuly 17, 2015
I arrive at 7:00 AM prepared to work. Gathered all the paperwork from the Lease Operators, and various invoices from the vendors from the day before and sorted then filed. My job position was at the front desk to answer and direct phone calls, stop and talk to all the visitors and vendors throughout the day while doing my daily duties. Some of the small businesses gave me their invoices to scan and enter in the DO2 billing system to our corporate office in Houston.
I also ordered catering for meetings, organize holiday dinners and party’s and registered hotel rooms for the corporate office officials when they flew in from Houston for meetings and other official business. There was always tons of filing and coding invoices that kept me busy all day. I worked four days a week at ten hour days, worked some overtime when needed.
Pros
Got alongl with everyone and had a great team to work with.
Cons
High pressure job. Hardly ever got a lunch a break without sitting at my desk and working.
Great work environment. Friendly hard work co-workers
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXMay 20, 2015
I learned a great deal at EP Energy. The people were very courteous and hard working. The work environment allowed me to be a self-starter and aggressively pursue the goals at hand to promote the well-being of the company. EP Energy taught me to remain flexible and willing to get the job done no matter what changes may come.
Pros
Health Benefits, Flexibility, People
Cons
Constant changes in managemnt
Excellent place to work; fun environment
Manager, Corporate Records Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 8, 2015
I learned most of the ground work of Records Management at Shell. Back then, we used microfilm and I led that group as well as being supervisor of records for Land Administration; G&G Records, Logs, Seismic and Maps. Met life long friends at Shell. Work was fun, interesting and always filled with learning about the oil business.
Pros
Great location; beautiul environment, great people to work with
Forward moving Oil & Gas Company
Analyst / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Awesome place to work; great work place to learn about the oil & gas industry. My co-workers were great and working with other departments was easy. My department was very close-knit.
Lots of Meetings
LEASE ANALYST (CONTRACTOR) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
Employees driven company such as award employees to keep fit, and quarterly employee fun day, send analyst to participate in monthly industry meeting and yearly conference.
Productive and nice place to work.
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2015
It was nice to work in this environment. Team members were very friendly and helping in nature. Able to interact directly with the business users.
EP Energy
Lease Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2014
A typical day at work, I check emails, run business objects reports, record lease data entry, and run acquisition reports on leases.
I learned the software knowledge to access lease records and verify state's holder reporting and dormancy period.
Management has continued to open opportunities for me to work on new projects.
The co-workers at EP Energy have been very helpful in my work flow process.
The hardest part of the job is during the course of any project, the extensive research could take longer than accounted for.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work environment and the success of completing each project in a timely matter.
Great place to work. Excellent management and fair compensation and benefits.
Principal Natural Gas Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
EP Energy was a fantastic place to work. Management delegated authority to employees with definite accountability and measurable metrics.
Good people to work with
employeed (Current Employee) –  HoustonAugust 9, 2014
Some of the best people I have worked with are at EPE. Lean organization with opportunity to learn new skills.
Good company to work for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
Pay is great and people are great to work with.
Very profit oriented.
Pros
great pay
Changing environment
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 17, 2014
EP Energy continues to overcome the aftermath of being purchased by Kinder-Morgan.
Pros
good salary
Cons
constant layoffs
Great learning experience
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
I have learned alot working at EP. It is a good company overall.
the employees are awesome to work with
Associate Analyst - Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work; coworkers are team players.
Stressful is always try to meet goals, it hard to make mgmt. happy