ep energy Employee Reviews

Hostile Environment
Manager Business Solutions- Technical Applications (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2017
Accountability to them means finding someone to blame. Could not get any real work done for all the meetings mandatory to attend that had nothing to do with my expertise.
Pros
Pay well, nice bonus's
Cons
Environment is very uncomfortable
Oil & Gas industry providing strong work ethics.
Sr. Tech Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
Fast pace environment with interaction between all levels of management. Up to date technology providing training in all levels of computer system. Self driven allowing employees to do the job and seek out other projects.
Great people
Staff Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
The company is filled with a lot of great people, unfortunately there have been so many layoffs due to the company's struggling financial situation, that the people who are now left are feeling overworked and concerned that they may be laid off next.
Great Company however frequent layoffs
Engineering Technician / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Enjoyable and comfortable working environment. Management is concerned about employees, but difficult to locate when there are questions. Communication is infrequent with management. Fine people, however layoffs are too frequent.
Pros
pleasent environment and good benefits
Cons
frequent layoffs
Great Benefits, Not so great management
Senior Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
Management always making promises to employees that they do not keep.
Benefits were extremely good but working was like walking on eggshells.
benefits
Cons
Management attitude
Exciting, Interesting, Productive.
Production Cost Accountant-Sr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2016
Before the low Oil prices, EP was exciting and interesting due to the many new oil wells being drilled and brought into Production so quickly. All departments were extremely busy and buzzing. I always enjoyed my work, my co-workers, my immediate Supervisor and our Manager. Top Management was always looking for ways to grow the company. But with the low oil prices things had to change. I'm sure once the prices go up, EP will once again be a great place to work and grow. I do believe, they have made all the necessary decisions to secure a future for EP Energy in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Pros
Working from home opportunities, flex hours.
Cons
Cutting overhead due to extremely low oil prices
Great place to work and efficient
Senior Land Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamont, UTJune 27, 2016
EP energy was a great place to work. Very effective and trusted employees to get the job done. In my experience I was able to exceed the expectations of the company but also learn and increase my knowledge also.
Pros
work from home some days
Good company
Staff Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2016
Good company but upper management very scared to make decisions. CEO is very smart and makes important decisions and wants to be informed of what field and teams need.
Pros
small teams and good discipline communication
Cons
Very indecisive on decisions from upper management
Company with a bright future if it can survive the stock prices
Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
I believe this company has the right ideas as far as business in the oil industry. I enjoyed my employment for the past 3 years and found it difficult to leave. I do however, think the company could do more with less if it were to keep automation in the forefront of its operations.

I have worked in many oil and gas companies and this one is by far the most less advanced company in automation I have seen. So much can be done from the computer screen by one person than 3 or 4 men in the field. Instead the company has decided to reduce the automation group.

Other than this as mentioned above, I believe if the company can survive the oil crisis it may make it by itself. Otherwise, it would be a good company to buy.
Pros
Benefits, employees, enviornment
Cons
Pay scale
Great working enviroment
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, TXMarch 18, 2016
Worked with a great construction team. Excellent safety program. I was contract but made to feel as important as a 20 year employee. Was able to use skills in wide area of projects.
Awesome work experience
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Experience allowed opportunities toward professional development
Big on work-life balance
diverse work culture
co-workers are resourceful
management is consistent
Great compamy to work for
Completion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cotulla, TXMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work for, great work area great people. safety standard is excellent. Epenergy is great job to have and a great people to work for
Good company
PDP Rotation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
Good company, tough industry. I enjoyed working at EP Energy. The coworkers were great and the environment was always lively.
Great Experience
Completion Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Great Learning Experience. Was exposed to completion operations in the Haynesville and Altamont fields. Employees are hard working, but very personable and willing to help each other.
Busy work environment always prepared for changes that occurred.
Administrative Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamont, UtahJuly 17, 2015
I arrive at 7:00 AM prepared to work. Gathered all the paperwork from the Lease Operators, and various invoices from the vendors from the day before and sorted then filed. My job position was at the front desk to answer and direct phone calls, stop and talk to all the visitors and vendors throughout the day while doing my daily duties. Some of the small businesses gave me their invoices to scan and enter in the DO2 billing system to our corporate office in Houston.
I also ordered catering for meetings, organize holiday dinners and party’s and registered hotel rooms for the corporate office officials when they flew in from Houston for meetings and other official business. There was always tons of filing and coding invoices that kept me busy all day. I worked four days a week at ten hour days, worked some overtime when needed.
Pros
Got alongl with everyone and had a great team to work with.
Cons
High pressure job. Hardly ever got a lunch a break without sitting at my desk and working.
Great work environment. Friendly hard work co-workers
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXMay 20, 2015
I learned a great deal at EP Energy. The people were very courteous and hard working. The work environment allowed me to be a self-starter and aggressively pursue the goals at hand to promote the well-being of the company. EP Energy taught me to remain flexible and willing to get the job done no matter what changes may come.
Pros
Health Benefits, Flexibility, People
Cons
Constant changes in managemnt
Excellent place to work; fun environment
Manager, Corporate Records Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 8, 2015
I learned most of the ground work of Records Management at Shell. Back then, we used microfilm and I led that group as well as being supervisor of records for Land Administration; G&G Records, Logs, Seismic and Maps. Met life long friends at Shell. Work was fun, interesting and always filled with learning about the oil business.
Pros
Great location; beautiul environment, great people to work with
Forward moving Oil & Gas Company
Analyst / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Awesome place to work; great work place to learn about the oil & gas industry. My co-workers were great and working with other departments was easy. My department was very close-knit.
Lots of Meetings
LEASE ANALYST (CONTRACTOR) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
Employees driven company such as award employees to keep fit, and quarterly employee fun day, send analyst to participate in monthly industry meeting and yearly conference.
Productive and nice place to work.
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2015
It was nice to work in this environment. Team members were very friendly and helping in nature. Able to interact directly with the business users.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ep energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2