EP Minerals Employee Reviews in United States

Beware! Run away as fast as you can
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 2, 2016
Work hear if you want the life sucked out of you're soul.

Management is awful. There is way to much micromanaging and lack of trust. If you aren't part of the corporate management team than your not part of the team at all. They claim to follow 25 fundamentals but they don't follow them at all. More like they trip over them. They talk the talk but DO NOT walk the talk. It's all hot air coming out there mouth.

The CFO has her hands in EVERYTHING breathing down every ones neck. Poor morale is rampant among the staff. The the upper management team is tight and there morale is great but that's not a surprise since dictators stick together. CEO shows favoritism.

Horrible horrible horrible place to work. Run as fast as you can away from this place. Glad I got out of there when I did.

I'd give a zero star rating but it was not a option.
Pros
Better than being unemployed
Cons
To many to list
I would not suggest anyone works there
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Vale, ORSeptember 24, 2015
Was on Medical leave and was fired from there poor management. Never had a chance to go back there.Would not suggest anyone works there they don't care about there employees.Never had any problems with co workers was a fun place to work at.
Pros
Good pay
Outstanding Atmosphere and personel
Heavy Equipment Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Fernley, NvMarch 2, 2015
I am currently an employee of Ep minerals and I absolutely love my career. Everyday I am faced with a new challenge or obstacle I have to overcome. The people I work with day in and day out are outstanding people including management. I currently have a manager which he'd prefer me to say a "guidance councilor" which has pushed me to achieve my higher goals and has had a huge hand in my progression to be the best Heavy Equipment Technician that i will achieve. I take great pride in my work even when it has no pay out. I will achieve and make a name for myself in Heavy Equipment and also as a Mechanic Technician in general. I have and will continue to rebuild and maintain equipment to best satisfy the oAutfits needs.
Pros
atmosphere, co-workers, job duties.
Cons
pay
Move one better choices out there.
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 18, 2015
The culture at the EP corporate headquarters is poor. Management are predominately drivers who have little idea how to form and foster a team environment. Thus they manage by grinding, haranguing and instilling fear. This is particularly true of the CFO but also senior management of operations is known for it. They need to realize that when employee's under a particular manager are a revolving door, shutting down, tuning out and getting out every couple years, particularly in this economy, it is the manager who is the problem and needs to go.

The plants can be very different depending on the management style of that particular plant manager and his staff. The plant off USA Parkway in particular is known to be run by an experienced, strong manager and as a good place to work. They should promote him to the corporate office and have others emulate him. The plants have been doing what they do for as much as 45 years, thus they have gotten pretty good at it. This can be positive, in that they know what they are doing, or negative, as in there's little room for improvement.
Good atmosphere and great benefits if you don't mind the location or a commute.
Jr. Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lovelock, NVNovember 1, 2012
As a process engineer at EP Minerals, I have learned a lot about the industrial bulk handling business. My duties always involved improving process efficiency and supporting higher production rates. However, the product is very abrasive, making it very difficult and costly to get longevity out of the equipment. Along with that, the plant is very old and in desperate need of upgrading to newer technologies and data collection systems. Upgrading is slowly taking place, but must be done one step at a time in order to avoid extremely high costs at one time.
Pros
good benefits and compensation.
Cons
location. very old plant makes it hard to upgrade to newer technology.
Hot dirty processing plant that has been poorly maintained and very low tech.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 7, 2012
I would not recommend working for EP !!! I am working here and looking for somewhere else to work but it is better than no job at all.
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay and working conditions are less than desirable.

2.4