EPB Employee Reviews

Last resort only
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 23, 2017
Management in tech support has no idea what is going on. Plays favorites, applies rules differently to different people on different days. The benefits are good, but there is mandatory overtime and can be called in without notice.
Benefits
No work/life balance - no advancement - awful management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 9, 2017
If you enjoy being degraded on a weekly basis, having no work life balance, and no opportunity to advance or move around laterally within the company, then look no further! The management in the call center is absolutely disgusting. They treat the call center workers so poorly, more than 80% of them are on antidepressants. The cliques within management are disgusting.

Perks: excellent benefits and decent pay!
Pros
Excellent benefits and decent pay.
Cons
No work life balance, no opportunity for advancement, poor management
Best experinece if you are looking for progressive employment.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TNMarch 10, 2015
EPB is a non-profit agency of the City of Chattanooga and provides electric power to the Chattanooga area. They are the largest publicly-owned providers of electric power in the country serving more than 169,000 residents in a 600 square mile area. While working at EPB I have held two positions. During my time, EPB installed a fiber optic backbone and put Chattanooga on the map, earning the name of Gig City.
overrated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 14, 2014
Customer service pays well but the management doesn't treat reps with dignity
Pros
great benefits
Cons
never know when you will be allowed to leave
was a good place to work at one time
BILLING SPECIALIST EPB (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 21, 2013
i worked here for 13 years and was let go because a manager decided that from 1 mistake and she didn't like me and i was not in there work click i was not valued. All i can say is that I loved working for EPB at one time but they became people that didn't care about there employees and I know for a fact i'm not the first ex employee that feels this way. They are backstabbers and they will use you up and don't care how it affects your life. I even spoke with the CEO of this company and I thought that he would at least try to understand but he didn't even give me enough respect to give me a call back.
Me gusta
APOYO ESCOLAR (Current Employee) –  mi domicilioJanuary 22, 2013
Este trabajo lo realizo en mi tiempo libre, utilizando los recursos que me dejaron mis formaciones académicas.
En una primera instancia lo hice como una salida laboral, pero luego realmente me gustó.
Pros
me gusta
Cons
temporário