Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great organization to work for; priding itself in nursing excellence.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 17, 2015
Great organization offering flexibility and managerial support. The atmosphere is relaxed with good coworker and physician relationships. I have been able to capitalize on organizational change while implementing strategies to enhance nursing excellence and performance yielding positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Limited career advancement
The people that work on the floor are great, couldn't ask for a better team!
RN (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 7, 2015
Patients and families receive excellent care! The staff is friendly, innovative, respectful, service oriented, and trustworthy.
Great Place to work with Excellent nursing skills
Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 16, 2015
Love my job! Looking to take the next step in nursing leadership. Company is financially stable and allows autonomy in my job. Very supportive senior leadership.
Overall good place to work
CAT Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 21, 2015
Excellent pay and benefits. Sufficient staffing in most areas. Great people to work with across all departments. Management does not like to have problem areas pointed out to them. "No one else is complaining, so why are you?"
Pros
Clean environment, great people, new equipment.
Cons
Don't rock the boat!
Good place to get your feet wet and earn experience but not a long-term place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 24, 2015
No respect for employee's time off or days off. Average compensation. Toxic work culture and lack of enthusiasm among majority of employees. I thought the best co-workers I had were float pool nurses. Although full-time employees were knowledgeable and experienced. Management was responsive but not proactive in preventing problems or staff shortages. Most rewarding part of the job was that I got to help people everyday.
Pros
Reduced/Almost free dinner at night
Cons
Lack of respect for employee's time off, toxic work culture
The best Hospital and Food Enviroment.
Cafeteria Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 15, 2015
I had always heard that the hospital was a great place to work at, because of the benefits, or the people, or the environment; and it's true. The employees there are usually upbeat and I've rarely (if at all) had heard a bad thing about the place. Regarding my position in the cafeteria. It's one of the best places to work in food. Simply because of the staff, the benefits, and simply it's a relaxed job. It's a great place for customer service skills, based on the amount of people and the amount of regular faces you see. It's a good place to learn multiple skills, as the job requires you to learn multiple positions from the cafeteria, to stock room, to dish room, to the kitchen. The people I work with are always fun and good workers. The management is easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job sometimes is the amount of people that could come through at one time. The hospital can have 80 patients, or 120 on any day. So, the number of patients usually correlates to the number of visitors, or hospital associates that come through the cafeteria. But, all in all you work in a team and things are always easier with a team. Most of the time it's a very relaxed work environment and the faces that I've come to know is probably the best part of the job.
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches, relaxed environment, great people
Cons
relaxed environment, patients that think they own the hospital giving everyone a bad time
Hospital with cutting edge technology and a consistent "patient first" culture
Mgr of General Accounting/ Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 10, 2012
Consistently delivers quality patient care using current to cutting edge technology.

Corporate values are consistently adhered to.

Exceptionally clean and comfortable environment.

Provides an environment in which employees can always "be their best"

Finest example I know where quality truly does "trickle down" such that patients are given the finest care.

Wish I could go back.
fast paced
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 26, 2014
During employment at Ephraim Mcdowell I was given the opportunity to learn a lot. Its fast paced, but it supports a learning environment
Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 7, 2014
Great facility to work at, learned from varied clinical experiences and was able to work independently.
nice place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 21, 2013
was nice place to work. was able to learn a lot there. really hard to get a job there tho
enjoyed working there
PRN (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 4, 2014
great place to work close to home
friendly people to work with.
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 21, 2013
Excellent facility with good team approach for patient care.
Great place to work other than constant policy changes and being micromanaged.
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 18, 2012
I love working at EMRMC. The hospital itself is really clean, nice, and newer. One great thing is that it is easier to get supplies because they do not have to be scanned. I can tell you first hand that scanning supplies does not ensure that supplies are not wasted. Not having to scan them actually saves time and we do not waste them just because they aren't being scanned. I also think its great that they are willing to frequently upgrade our equiptment and supplies. It is easy to make changes by being on the unit based counsel. However, there are several policy changes every week and it's exhausting to deal with. They are always making changes to charting and procedures. It feels like you are being micromanaged because management is always on your back about making changes and since there is always something new, they never praise you for making changes, just on to the next. They really should prioritze so that the most important changes are made. Some things just aren't that big of a deal such as filling out the whiteboard in the patient's room. They will actually check it at the beginning of shift to ensure its done. Sometimes I don't get to it right away but that doesn't mean that I won't do it. But, giving meds and making sure my patient is stable is way more important.
Pros
clean, nice equiptment, lots of resources, great benefits
Cons
lower wages, low raises, frequent policy changes, lots of stress due to micromanaging

4.4