We are an oncology/hematology practice seeking a per diem Radiation Therapist to work alongside our dedicated team of health care providers in the Radiation Therapy department.
Please go to our website at http://www.epic-care.com to apply
A strong applicant must be able to multitask, work well under pressure, have excellent communication skills, is computer savvy, and possess a positive can do attitude.
The expected duration of this position is approximately 6 months; however, you should be aware that Epic Care is not guaranteeing employment for any length of time. The assignment may end sooner than the estimated time period, or may last longer than the estimated time period.
Responsibilities and Qualifications for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Must be willing to work at any of our 3 sites (Antioch, Pleasant Hill, and Dublin).
- Preferred Elekta and Mosaiq experience.
- Reviewing diagnosis, patient chart and identification.
- Preparing equipment such as immobilization, treatment and protection devices.
- Positioning patients according to treatment plan.
- Entering data into computer and setting controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
- Observing and reassuring patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to Physician.
- Photographing treated area of patient.
- Recording daily prescribed radiation dose and following principles of radiation protection for patient, self and others.
- Assisting with dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
- Performing simulations, block cutting, and CTs when needed to assist in treatment planning.
- Performing daily QA on all machines and equipment.
- Performing special procedures such as Radiosurgery, HDR, Seed Implants, IMRT, etc.
- Maintaining records, reports and files as required.
- A current CRT, ARRT and certificate from an accredited school of radiation therapy are required.
- A current BLS certificate is required.
Ideal candidates will be able to balance these tasks while maintaining flexible, friendly interaction with clients and staff. The ability to work independently, proactively and adapt appropriately to changing priorities is a must.
This is a demanding but rewarding position with room for growth. As a growing medical practice, our patients come first. Respectful communication when problem solving is essential.
Fighting cancer involves mounting a heroic effort to reach a cure. The process is formidable and, at times, frightening. It requires a commitment from everyone involved. Everything about our practice and the way we provide our care is aimed at taking the fear and the unknown away, while we provide the most progressive, thorough and caring treatments available.
Our name says it all – East Bay Partners in Cancer Care or Epic Care for short.