Epic Games Employee Reviews

Wonderful environment to learn and grow in gaming industry
Software Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2015
A typical day in the office has me reviewing the current project my team is working on looking for game play issues. If issues are found then submitting a report on this bug to the correct developer and communicating with that developer. This will include precise details, pictures/videos, and correctly identifying the person best suited to fix the issue. After that reviewing fixed issues to check that they were completed and no longer occurring. There are also meetings to attend, other projects or departments to help with and creating documents. Emails must be maintained at all times so important information is not missed. The management team is wonderful as they do care about their employees and can be seen often around the office. My co-workers are wonderful people that mostly support one another as we have to work in teams (also solo just as quickly) very often. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is contract and full time is very hard to come by with the company The most enjoyable part of the job is working on a video game project or engine and then seeing the enjoyment others have with it.
Best company to work for
Software Test Technician (Engine QA) (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 3, 2015
You cannot beat the work environment at Epic Games. The culture is very relaxed and the perks are excellent. The compensation, however, was not great for contractors.
worst company to work for
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 31, 2014
they worked me 60 hours a week only paid 40
promised me a full time position then used me up and threw me away: managements is a fail and the it department is ran by three old guys and three kids with no experence at all very clicky
Pros
you get a inside look at game makeing
Cons
users, and failed management, lies
It must be a great place to work, if you're a hired employee
QA (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 25, 2014
But if you're a contractor (which is most of support or QA), you're definitely second class. Free snacks are nice, sure, but the insultingly low pay to experience required, the open-ended contract that can go on for years with no path to permanency, the lack of established processes for many areas of the company (which leads to constant confusion and upheaval), all the internal moving around and team personnel horse-trading make it a high stress to low reward position.
Pros
fellow employees are great, lots of fun people.
Cons
low pay, no path to employment, constant change