Epic Health Services Employee Reviews

So frustrating!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
Very poor schedulers, always getting assignments wrong, poor communication with staff and families. No benefits. No raise in 3 1/2 years even though I work all shifts, take mostly high acuity patients, and travel one hour one-way. NOT worth the hassle. They do NOT care about the nurses. Management is never seen or heard from. Other nurses were good, but also frustrated and jumping ship. POC's are frequently WRONG, repeatedly, for months at a time.
A great community of employees
Patient Access Representative Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 21, 2017
Every day is usually very busy with plenty of work to do and phone calls to make. The work itself keeps you on your toes. I have learned a lot about different insurances, how to handle certain situations regarding upset patients, and how to lead a team and create motivation. My manager is absolutely wonderful, she's always there when you have questions and is always willing to help. The hardest part of the job would be the attachment you feel towards patients and when they pass away, it can be difficult since most of our patients are children. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling of being able to help a patient with his/her medical needs.
Pros
Free lunches about every month
Cons
Short breaks, cubicles
Epic USED to be a good company
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 21, 2017
Epic used to be a decent place to work.
Now " Epic owns the market in Austin, we set the wages, and would rather lose nurses than affect the company's profits."...their words not mine, and said to more than one nurse.
Cutting hourly pay by as much as 20%, because you worked the overtime you were requested to work.
The executive director will call,leave a message for you to call back,and when you do, has no clue who you are or why you are calling. Does not return phone calls or emails,about the only time E.D. is heard from is to cut your pay rate or corner you into working a difficult case. If you say you don't want it, then you are told it is the only case they have to suit your availability.
No benefits, no PTO, and the health insurance is an expensive joke.
Pros
Schedulers are polite, receptionist is wonderful.
Cons
.Low pay, no benefits, profits more important than nurses.
Work alot
Housekeeping, Personal care, and Transportation (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
i loved epic because they work around your schedule and they sometimes have alot of hours for you. they pay low but you can get your hours in to make that up. you get a lot of experience that you didnt have and get to love what you do.
Pros
pay every week
Cons
pay low
I would not recommend this place.
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2017
Working here was extremely stressful and the pay just was not worth it. The company expects you to do so much with so little resources that the tasks become almost impossible. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Excellent Company to work for
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olmito, TXJune 16, 2017
This by far was the best company I have ever worked for!! The Olmito Branch office was filled with wonderful management & staff. From day 1 I was made to feel at home. Unfortunately, the #s were not where they needed to be and I was laid off. However, if given the chance or if I were ever called to return I would. In a heartbeat.
Great company that believes in advancement
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
I loved it. They believe in promoting from within, i myself was promoted several times. They notice handwork. Only downside is work/family life balance is very bad.
Very unprofessional
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJune 5, 2017
I drove over 650 miles just for interviews for this company. I found the communication between the executive director and the regional director to be awful. And once after meeting with the regional director I was never given a time table of when j desicion would be made and had emailed him 2 times over the course of the next week without a response. They need better communication!
Unprofessional
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
The staff is unprofessional and scheduling is inconsistent. There are to many clients and not enough nursing staff. So some of the Case Managers pressure their nursing staff to take on cases and they are rude.
horrible
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2017
i don't like working with this company horrible pay and benefits the management is not fair they do not treat all employees fair. There is no chance for a pay raise
Pros
diversity
Benefits
Not worth the stress
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olmito, TXMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed the family I worked for, but the office staff not so much. I was signed up for the companies "insurance" with out my permission and could. Ever get an answer as to who did that. Training was a nightmare and didn't get paid for all my training. I had to fight for that. I had to take my pt to and ER Dr visit in another city and the company didn't want to reimburse me even though they said they would. I also had to fight for that. The pay was horrible or the amount of time I had to drive daily (1.5 hrs). If it wasn't for my pt and her family I would have left the company sooner.
Pros
My pt.
Cons
Everything else
This is Home health company.
LVN Private Duty Trach and Ventilator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2017
I really enjoy working for Epic pediatric home health company.
You can make your own schedule and they do give bonuses when you work extra.
I currently work out of the Austin office in the pediatric department for medically fragile children.
Pros
Bonuses for working extra
Cons
None.
Good work environment
LVN (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 23, 2017
Working with kids in their homes is a very enjoyable way to spend the day at work. The office staff are very nice and helpful. The receptionists ate super nice. The pay sucks. They are just not willing to pay you what you are worth.
Pros
Nice people in office.
Cons
decreased salary and were just bought by PSA healthcare
Unorganized workplace
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMay 17, 2017
Company seems somewhat unorganized. They claim to offer supervision for BCBA but in you have to pay. They take forever to locate jobs for you and usually you don't get the job you've asked for (i.e. I asked for a Behavior tech job and was given a PCA job).
Pros
They hire on a regular basis
Cons
No supervision if you wish to further your career
Good place to work if you're both working and shooling at the same time.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
It's a big company. You will feel like you always have a job to work. But, the pay is not high. However, the schedules can give you more flexibilities.
stressful and no work/life balance
Director- Epic Health Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2017
Cut throat organization with too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Upper level management played the part well to put on a front for clients and families however, no one knew how to mentor or treat employees to keep the business running smoothly. Young managers who do not know the first thing about true customer service nor how to manage others.
Pros
trying to help those in need
Cons
awful management - from lower level all the way to the top
Great clients and field staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 15, 2017
I love my job with this company. Very autonomous. Typical night includes vitals and client assessment upon arrival. Then check MAR and TAR for treatments and meds. Straightforward. Depending upon your client, the job is not fast paced, but I'm okay with that.
I learned how to work with trach patients and portable ventilators.
The hardest part of the job is the turnaround rate with schedulers. The most enjoyable parts of the job are my clients and co-workers.
Pros
Great pay, great co-workers, great clients
Cons
Can't keep good schedulers
Horrible, one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. So much miscommunication going on there, its unbelievable
LPN (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJMay 12, 2017
Very incompetent that office is. I had to wait three weeks to get my first paycheck due to them not faxing paperwork on time so I can start having my checks deposited directly into my new account. When you call out due to an emergency they do not notify the family of your client. They will lie and tell the family you never notified them you were not going to report to your shift when you did.
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate every opportunity to learn from our efforts, adjust our processes, and better our employees, practices, and Epic at large. We appreciate your honest feedback. As a part of Epic, you know that we strive for the best possible clinical care and excellence in service, as well as creating an environment for employees to experience career growth and development.

If there is anything else that you would like to share with us, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to continue this conversation.

One on One Aid
One on One Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2017
Caring for a child with disability is an amazing adventure. I love how close and personal it becomes as you learn to care for someone else as you train them to be independent.
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your excitement about being a part of Epic Health Services. Our goal is to provide dedicated, compassionate professionals like yourself with a rewarding career, and we’re so glad that you are a part of the Epic Family!

flexible
LPN (Former Employee) –  exton , PAMay 7, 2017
the staff were ok it was flexible hours and the pay was good I liked the patients and the families that I met (most of them anyway). I could always work more or less than I needed to.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
family troubles
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate every opportunity to learn from our efforts, adjust our processes, and better our employees, practices, and Epic at large. We appreciate your honest feedback. We strive to be an employer of choice and retain great talent so that we can provide the best possible clinical care and excellence in service.

We hope that you find personal and professional fulfillment in your new career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epic Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9