Epic Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Productive awesome place to work everyone in the office are amazing and respectful
Lpn (Current Employee) –  My laurel njAugust 21, 2016
I love epic health care office staff is very professional and helpful I work full time and never had any problems they are there for you if you ever need anything actually the best job I ever had
Dust in the wind...
Adolescent Behavioral Tech Per Diem (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 13, 2016
I have never worked at an agency that's supposed to help people but treats it's employees so horribly.

The training was inadequate and trying to reach your "supervisor" by phone - email - text is impossible.

I am really disappointed in the whole experience and am glad to not be affiliated with this agency any longer.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Everything! Nothing good to say about Epic.
Bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Save yourself! Worst company to work for, Horrible Management!!!! Management lies to everyone to save themselves. They treat employees awful. Constant gossip. Its not what you know, it's who you know. Brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, everyone is related to someone in management!

Comment – August 11, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your involvement at Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Everyday is filled with Chaos
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2016
I worked with this company for almost two years and it is the most dysfunctional place I have ever worked. The compensation is very low for scheduling coordinators and you are spending late nights in the office almost everyday with no over time pay. There is an abundance of illegal activity going on in the office and when someone refuses to do it the person was fired the next day. There is no sense of loyalty and the office and the field staff employees are treated the same which is like they are disposable.

Do not be deceived by the outside, yes there are some good people in the office but because of pressure from corporate thriving on numbers some people are driven to report and write out paperwork that is in no way legal but they get away with it because corporate has numbers that you need to meet on a weekly basis.

I still know employees now who work there who still tell me it is a challenge to keep working there but we all have our priorities. If you are interview by them or they try to recruit you I would run the other direction ASAP.

In the end we all make our own decisions but working for this company would not be the right decision to make I guarantee you.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
illegal activity, no management, lying to field staff, no support, no overtime pay

Comment – August 11, 2016

Bad Company
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 14, 2016
Bad place to work for they say they have hours and don't even give you hours. I guess I'm the wrong color. They dont even try to work with you. I think they are very discriminative.
Pros
Cons
Everything.

Comment – July 29, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. Color is definitely not a factor in assigning cases. As a company, we strive to provide our patients with the best possible clinical care and service. We are dedicated to excellence in our care delivery and customer service, and we appreciate your feedback and comments. Out of respect for personal privacy, we cannot discuss patient or care specific information in this online forum. However, we would truly like to talk with you and discuss your experience with us so please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Go to any other agency.
LPN (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJuly 14, 2016
A typical day is spent in the patients home providing care to the patient, I can't complain about that! The families are great! The Office staff is where all of the problems with the State College office reside at. The Executive Director and schedulers have no idea what it's like to be in the field. They expect you to do everything with nothing. The pay rate for LPN's and HHA's is $4 lower than the biggest competitor in the area. They offer no PTO. The benefits are horrible. They treat their employees as if they are disposable. Bottom line...if you're looking for a job in homecare and you live in an area serviced by the State College office, go to any other agency.
Pros
The Patients, Nurses, Nursing supervisors
Cons
Pay, Director, No benifits.

Comment – July 15, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your current work experience at Epic Health Services is not meeting your expectations. As a company, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We want you to experience all that Epic has to offer you professionally! We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Avoid at all costs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 9, 2016
Horrible experience.:
Drive 35 miles each way,
no mileage pay, for low hourly rate.
Most families great, but a few are unreasonable/ unsafe and management will not support you.
Company tells you "it's all about the kids"- makes huge profit while extremely cheap with staff.
Non RN running the office-puts your license in jeopardy.
No benefits.
Pros
If you cant get anything else...
Cons
Too many.

Comment – July 13, 2016

As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees - including benefits. We would never put your license in jeopardy or want our employees to to ever feel unsafe. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2016
Heavy turnover in the office staff. Leaves the field staff feeling abandoned and unsure of the company's stability. Constantly changing expectations with little communication of changes.
No recognition for successes but quick to point out mistakes of staff. No disciplinary process. Hire, work you to death then insult you until you quit or they fire you without giving you an opportunity to correct your mistake.
Pros
Love the families and clients they serve
Cons
Wages are low for office and field staff.

Comment – July 15, 2016

Not supportive to families or staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2016
Office staff not sensitive to family or RN concerns. No back up if you are sick. Overall lack of communication. Phone calls and emails not responded to.

Comment – July 29, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our patients with the best possible clinical care and service. We are dedicated to excellence in our care delivery and customer service, and we appreciate your feedback and comments. Out of respect for personal privacy, we cannot discuss patient or care specific information in this online forum. However, we would truly like to talk with you and discuss your experience with us so please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

This company can be your friend or your worst nightmare - you never know what to expect.
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2016
The staffers are recent college grads who know absolutely nothing about nursing or special needs children.Staffers get bonuses for shifts being filled, so quality of care and nurse job satisfaction are not their main concern.There is poor communication between staffers and if you do not have a regular assignment, they strive to put you in to whatever shift they most need to fill to get their quota or homes where no one else wants to work, often being deceptive with information to get you to go.There is little to no information provided about cases before going in to the home. There is little to no regard for your location related to the patient location and drive time.There are no benefits and no job security.Unless you constantly contact them, you will not get work.Many times I showed up for a shift and had another nurse show up for the same shift.There is frequent turnover with their staffers, so you have to start over with new people who know nothing and make mistakes that cause nurses great frustration and lost income.They do honor their referral bonuses and are reliable in getting you paid for shifts worked;I never had an incorrect check.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
As stated in the review

Comment – July 29, 2016

Thank you for your review. We appreciate every opportunity to learn from our efforts, adjust our processes, and better our employees, practices, and Epic at large. We appreciate your honest feedback. We strive to be an employer of choice and retain great talent so that we can provide the best possible clinical care and excellence in service. We hope that you find personal and professional fulfillment in your new career. If there is anything else that you would like to share with us, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to continue this conversation.

Nurse currently working at Valparaiso IN location
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 15, 2016
Would NOT recommend Epic!! They recently informed everybody they are FREEZING ALL RAISES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! This was implemented on nurses week too! Epic has no incentives for extra shifts,shift differential,or mileage. You literally have to do insane things like drive over 45 miles to work a shift and maybe get 30 cents mileage. Epic is all about making the business money NOBODY looks out for the nurses. The director is a business manager what does that tell you?? I've never worked for a home health agency where the director is NOT an actual nurse?! Their insurance is crummy! Every one in this office but HR is NEW. The turn over in the office is insane, every time I call in the office it's a new name answering phones. Epic has no money for our annual 25 cent raise that is not ever a guarantee! But they certainly have no problem asking us nurses to refer other nurses to work here?? WHY WOULD WE REFER OTHERS WHEN THIS COMPANY DOES NOT WANT TO PAY THE LOYAL NURSES THEY ALREADY HAVE??! Oh and Epics idea of an incentive is having occasional RAFFELS for sports tickets to a Colts game or a tv! No thanks! I'd rather have things I NEED like MONEY AND PTO or BONUSES!! If you want to be paid peanuts and maybe lucky to get the hours you need to pay your bills every week then apply here. But I would not make EPIC your only job. I believe Epic will be the WalMart of home health care, watch.
Pros
Kids are great, flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, no incentives, no support or respect for nurses, office scheduler is a joke
Run Far Away
Former Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
Huge lack of communication in the North Houston office; The ED refused to follow policies and choose to cut corners to staff cases. He goes against what the clinical staff deems safe and does what he wants to staff patients with a warm body. I was the Nursing Director in the office and the staff is great, minus the ED. They definitely overwork their staff and don't understand the aspect of care and compassion. As a nurse it really bothered me that the ED was continually lying and manipulating schedules to make his numbers look good. This left a very bad taste in the mouths of the nurses, families & clients as well. I advocated for the families which wasn't something the office was too fond of, so I ended up resigning and wasn't allowed to work out my notice! Trust me, resigning from this place was the best thing I could have done!

Not as it seems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2016
This company is shady in and out. It is corporate driven and all about the numbers not about helping people. Yes it is amazing to meet the patients and their families but being in the office, is always hectic. No one is ever on the same page, and they are always looking for someone to take the fall for illegal activity that they tell you to do. You are always working long hours but still always playing catch up. I guarantee after your first week your are going to be questioning why you took the job and wondering how people can still be working here.

PS. You are constantly being talked down to, and constantly getting emails about how you are doing something wrong, but not getting any assistance on how to do the task right.

Finding a job is hard, but do not waste your time spending one second working with this company. You are better off waiting for another opportunity to come along. Best of luck, I hope this helps someone from making the same mistake I did.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
no management, no communication, low compensation, illegal activity

Comment – July 13, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your involvement at Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We certainly do not participate in any illegal activity. We do not take the remarks lightly and we would to discuss your situation with you. Please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Horrible Admin Management
DON (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 11, 2016
Huge lack of communication in the Chicago office; they refuse follow protocol and chose cut corners to staff cases. I was a clinician in the office and the staff is great, minus the ED. They definitely overwork their staff and don't understand the aspect of care and compassion. As a nurse it really bothered me that the ED and her boss were only focused on making money and meeting their bottom-line at the end of the week, instead of staffing cases they opened. This left a very bad taste in the mouths of the families & clients as well. I advocated for the families and ended up fired for it!! Trust me, getting fired from this place was the best thing that happened to me working for "Epic."
Pros
You meet some really great nurses/office staff and families/ Willing to train nurses
Cons
High turnover with staff

Comment – July 13, 2016

We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. What you described in your review is not practiced nor accepted at Epic. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Comment – July 15, 2016

Horrible company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 9, 2016
No benefits, no respect and no one that cares. This a company that drains their employees and gives nothing! Worst company I ever worked for!!
Pros
Families I was placed with are great
Cons
No benefits, poor salary, no respect

Comment – July 13, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your involvement at Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We do offer benefits to our nurses. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Just don't
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2016
Save yourself time and energy and apply elsewhere. I agree with several others that have left reviews. They don't back their nurses, pay is the lowest you will find anywhere, and you will be lied to more times than you can count by staff. There is no support from management. It's unstable, unreliable, and not worth the risk or headache. After two years of trying and trying and trying to stick with it because I don't like to "job hop", I'm out....for my family and my sanity. Sadly, I am relieved and can finally breathe.
Pros
I loved my patient(s)
Cons
Pay, management, deceit

Terrible company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJApril 30, 2016
This company is in serious need of help, the office staff turn over rate is ridiculous..communication is terrible. Clinical managers don't do what they are suppose to do, (update MARS, come out on time, send new 485 etc) do not care for employees at all. We have no pto, no benefits, no raises. If ur patient is sick in the hospital or on vacation, do not expect to get more work. Even if u let them know months ahead of time.

Comment – July 15, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your involvement at Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We do offer benefits for nurses. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

productive work
Pediatric Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2016
loved tyhe company itself and how administration was run but the staff was unfriendly and not a work team atmophere
office not a professional atmosphere

Comment – July 29, 2016

I enjoyed working with my assigned patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2016
Great company with great job opportunities. Always keeping their nurses engaged and busy. I love the agency. The only problem is no employees benefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benefits

Comment – July 13, 2016

Thank you for your excitement about being a part of Epic Health Services. We do offer benefits to our nurses, so please check with your Executive Director if you need more information on this. Our goal is to provide dedicated, compassionate professionals like yourself with a rewarding career, and we’re so glad that you are a part of the Epic Family!

Work here ar your own risk
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 19, 2016
This company is horrible to work for. They clearly do not appreciate their nursing staff by providing minimal adequate pay, health benefits or PTO...
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Inadequate benefits & pay

Comment – July 13, 2016

We are sorry to hear that your involvement at Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We do offer benefits to our nurses. Please email feedback@epichealthservices.com to further discuss your situation. Thanks!

2.8