Epic Health Services

Epic Health Services Employee Reviews

Pediatric private duty nurse for children all aged children
Pediatric Home Health LVN (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Had to travel
I worked independently in the home with disabled children who needed skilled nursing care that was within the scope of my LVN license. I enjoyed working independently because it taught me better critical thinking skills and a creative approach to problem solving.
A great experience
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Adorable Patients.
Cons: No health insurance. No vacation time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions I have on daily basis with pediatric patients. I have the ability to make a difference in the life of a child. I gain the trust of the child and give them a little extra love and therapeutic play, in addition to nursing care. The families are very grateful for your help.
Epic Health Services in Addison Tx the Director of Nursing is unprofessional
Q A (Former Employee), Addison TxAugust 4, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: bad temper, rude, unorganized, and unprofessional
I was employment from October- July2015 .. The Director of Nursing was very rude always came in to work mad she never applauded you on your work ethic instead cover her butt.. I wouldn't recommend this Company to no one .. This is an unorganized place to work that sad you have to walk around on pins and needles around her.. She must not have been a Supervisor prior to her receiving the Directors position she don't I repeat don't know how to treat people with respect,,
Friendly work environment and helpful staff
Assistant Speech Therapist (Current Employee), Temple, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: No room for advancement within the company
Flexible work schedule, personally connecting with families and patients, management was various due to being a home health rarely see management at the Temple office although available via email and phone call. Co-workers were friendly at times some were very rude and held grudges. Hardest part of the job was driving to patients homes there were more than an hour away from the office and no company car is provided. Only $5 provided for gas per patient even if patient was more than 60 miles away. No opportunity for advancement within the company unless education was continued and the company does not provide for education reimbursement as some companies do provide for their employees. Although, free CEU courses were offered year round for areas all over Texas some were inconvenient to coordinate with work schedule and to meet Plan of Care for patients. The enjoyable part of the job was working with the children and helping the families communicate with their children and getting helpful incite from supervisors.
Good place to work with excellent pay rates.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent rates
Cons: No benefit package
As long as display a good work ethic you will be guaranteed hours. You"ll be compensated with excellent pay rates according to experience.
Fast Growing Company
LPN Intake Nurse (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJuly 19, 2015
Cons: employee feels like just a warm body in a spot, company does not make you feel of any importance.
I work 40 hours a week the office., They have been accommodating my work/school schedule for 7 months now, but just recently told they can no longer do that. They have given me other options for full-time employment though.
The never have any avilable hours for their employees to work.
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bala Cynwood , PaJuly 6, 2015
The employer never have any hours for their employees to work. They don't have steady consumers and I would only recommend this place of employment if you already have clients.
Busy
CNA (Former Employee), Downingtown, PAJuly 5, 2015
I was always busy working at Ware, however the residents I cared for always seemed to appreciate the work I did, I would work there again.
Rapport Fufilling Oppurtunity
Operations Analyst/Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: inconsistant hours
Epic allows you to build relationships with people you would never think of. Open office environment that expects you to perform daily.
Great job for new grads
Research and Resolution Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2015
Granted the pay isn't spectacular, the atmosphere here makes it all worth it. There is a lot of trust between the RRA and management. This company also allows some flexibility with time that a majority of companies are very fastidious about. There is a good shot every month for a bonus (or at least there used to be; they changed the system to make it a little more challenging. They euphemize it as "encouraging team work", but it seems like cutting some corners). Management is phenomenal; their light-hearted yet still professional mannerism makes the job more enjoyable. Co-workers all get along, no drama, no throwing people under buses (at least that I am aware of). Overall, I am pleased with what I signed up for.
Think it's about time to leave
Lpn (Current Employee), Bala cynwd, PAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great supervisors and patients
Cons: Unprofessional, unorganized
I have been an employee since 2012. I am a Lpn at Bala cynwd office For starters I love what I do. However this company has gone down hill tremendously. I can't put the blame on everybody but SOME of the schedulers that work there are so unorganized and all over the place. In addition, I do everything I'm suppose to do (fill out my paperwork correctly, turn my time sheets in on time) but yet It was 4 times in the last 5 months that I haven't received my pay. I have direct deposit set up. And those 4 times it wasn't in there. I got a bunch of sorry and it won't happen again. It actually happened today and I'm waiting for someone to contact me back. It's not my bank it's someone not doing their job over there. I find it funny it always happens when I can't do a shift they really need filled (how ironic). In addition I have been trying to get in contact with corporate for weeks about my health insurance since I went full time months ago. No one in HR has called me back yet, the office has no control over that so I understand why I have to call corporate. You don't even talk to anyone it's always a message system saying they are not there and just leave a message I think it's so unprofessional and rude to treat your employees bad I have left about 6 messages (honestly). Epic would be a wonderful place to work because the families & patients are always nice to me. And I think the nurse supervisors are so sweet and helpful. And they pay isn't bad. They need to treat their employees way better and actually get a REAL corporate/hr office in Philadelphia not Texas. A office where one can come in an actually speak to someone in HR.
Love my patients, not the schedulers
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee), Fort WorthMay 22, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: schedulers
Epic is not a bad company, but the schedulers for the shifts are quick to throw you under the bus to your patient's family. There is always an available shift if you need hours. In fact, they will call you over and over asking if your availability has changed. The pay for an LVN is alright.
Epic was a great company, but the business they acquired was not.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Louis , MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: Pay & Hours
Cons: direct support staff
My experience with Epic directly was excellent. However, they acquired a HHAgency in my town that I worked for. All the same employees who worked at the previous company. They were rude, inconsiderate of others feelings, they spoke of Epic and the clients very poorly. It was as if you were an outsider to them. The pay was great, the clients were awesome, my hours were perfect for me. I did quit without notice simply because I felt so uncomfortable and unwanted, that I left a couple times in tears. They have no compassion for the in coming staff through Epic or its clients.
Management issues
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort WorthApril 19, 2015
The upper management is horrible. If you are looking for a position to be appreciated for your hard work and be able to work as a team and have the ability to move up in the company then this is not the place to work.

April 20, 2015

We are sorry to hear that your involvement at Epic Health Services did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible experience. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional care to our patients, while creating a collaborative work environment that fosters professional development and career growth for our employees. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. If you wish to be connected with someone, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Great place to gain experience
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee), austinMarch 27, 2015
Pros: monthly bonuses, upward mobility, great experience
Cons: long hours, managment
this job is demanding but rewarding for the right candidate. long hours are expected if an office is not perfoming well.
DEMONS !!!
RN (Former Employee), AustinMarch 19, 2015
Pros: the children are always sweet
Cons: fraud and abuse abound !
I tried to work for this place for over a year. I never got any consistent work. I was bullied, jerked around, lied to, almost framed, then blacklisted after noticing that nurses were letting relatives come work for them. The company would threanten parents with CPS and the nurses with false HIPPA violation ( as happened to me ) if they complained or spoke up. I swear I think this place is run by the mob !
I noticed 2 nurses working under the same name and handwriting.... hummmm. At least one of them had to be an imposter and the company HAD to know about it. I was told by parents they had met a nurse by my same name ! There is some serious fraud giong on here and if anyone speaks up then good luck ever getting work again. The imposter nurses get the good hours and real nurses have to scounge for the leftovers. I saw parents of terminally ill children, poor children and foster children threatened and abused by schedulers and office staff. This company is run by demons here in Austin. They throw in a few good nurses and staff but overall this place is horrible.
Love my patients - dislike the company upper management
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2015
I have a passion for these children with speech and language deficits. I am very involved with my patient and families. It gives me such joy and sense of accomplishment to be able to work with my kiddos every day. It is amazing getting to watch their progress and efforts.
Since Epic took over the company it is more about making money that actually taking care of it's patients. Therapists are asked to align their recommendations to maximize the revenue brought in to the company. I think it is VERY poor business.

March 12, 2015

Thank you for your review. We appreciate every opportunity to learn from our efforts, adjust our processes, and better our employees, practices, and Epic at large. We appreciate your honest feedback. We strive to be an employer of choice and retain great talent so that we can provide the best possible clinical care and excellence in service. We hope that you find personal and professional fulfillment in your new career. If there is anything else that you would like to share with us, please contact us at feedback@epichealthservices.com. We will put you in touch with the right team member to continue this conversation.

total disregard for the nurses
LVN (Former Employee), Austin TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: working w/kids
Cons: lie about pay, unprofessional, rude, unorganized, careless
Schedulers harrassing and lie 4 shifts. Lie about your pay rate. Don't listen to nurse complaints. very unprofessional

March 12, 2015

March 16, 2015

we work in homes, and have no such privileges as having fun except with clients
RN, BSN (Current Employee), Clifton, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: you go to work with your own lunch that is if you eat lunch, for me, i only eat breafast.
Cons: i do not have full time employment with epic, so i have no healthcare benefits.
I have worked for Epic Health Services, the company is very good to workers there is no big boss -worker it feels like family. We work in clients homes, but the coordinator assigned makes sure you get every thing that will ensure that you are comfortable while at work.They give to you clients that you can handle in a proficient manner The management is well organized. the co-workers are all work conscious and relate to each other very well. like I said, it feels like family The hardest part of the job is to drive or find your way to a location, especially if it is a new location. The most enjoyable part is when you see the relief on your clients face as you walk through the door, A typical day at work depends on who you are attending to and the case at hand. it varies.
Epic Health Services
Therapy Operations Director (Current Employee), San Antonio TxFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: time of work you had to take away from your family and personal well being
Employees are nice and you become a family. Upper managment makes you feel like a number and your not valued for your hard work, time and determination. Deep down you felt you were easily replacable.
Headquarters