About EPIC Real Estate Solutions
EPIC is a growing national provider of title insurance, escrow and valuation services. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to national banks, mortgage companies, credit unions and government agencies. Our executive management team has over 20+ years of industry experience. We are a certified woman owned business and pride ourselves on building a great team that allows for career advancement and growth. Our culture at EPIC is dedicated to providing unparalled service to our client but at the same time, making sure our staff have a great place to work. We offer tele-commuting options, flex-time hours, full medical, dental and vision benefits and 401k. Come join our team and start enjoying work.
About the Position
Under immediate supervision of location manager or supervisor, researches company title plant, county, city, and other public records of average complexity to compile a chain of title to real property. Analyzes data and prepares preliminary report in accordance with established searching/examining procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Examines titles of minimum complexity in accordance with company and local examining procedures to determine the status of title or to establish a chain of title. Abstracts and analyzes deeds, deeds of trust/mortgages, easements, judgments, tax assessments, mineral reservations, and other applicable instruments.
2. Compiles preliminary reports from searched data and forwards report to underwriting department to issue binder/commitment based on status of title.
3. Responds to various requests from company employees, attorneys, and the general public regarding status of legal title and insurability of title.
4. Files unrecorded documents, making sure fees are correct and documents are properly recorded. May prepare vouchers for recording fees.
5. Locates, compiles, and posts information from city, county, and other public records for updating company files, logs, and indexes.
6. Performs customer service functions pertaining to routine requests such as ordering maps, birth/death certificates, and other documents requested by customer.
7. Searches/examines and writes continuations and reinsured cases of limited complexity.
8. May transport completed work from courthouse to office site.
1 to 3 Years Previous Examination Experience Required
1. Analytical ability sufficient to perform tasks that are varied and short-term requiring concentration, accuracy, and attention to detail.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in person and by telephone.
3. Basic knowledge of the legal documents affecting title to real property, the methods by which the documents are recorded, and local filing requirements and recording fees. Knowledge of local abstracting procedures. Basic knowledge of surveys and of plotting metes and bounds.
4. Mathematical ability sufficient to make basic arithmetic calculations.
5. Ability to perform tasks requiring some physical exertion, in order to lift cumbersome records books weighing up to 15 pounds. Ability to work independently without support of other company personnel.
6. Ability to operate a personal computer and to use common office suite software, such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.