Epic Systems Employee Reviews

Hard work with smart people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 14, 2017
You will travel a ton, you will work all day and all night, especially when travelling. Middle management is terrible, but senior leaders drive the ship.
Supported internally for the most part but company did not help to lessen customer burden on myself personally.
IT Consultant & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 13, 2017
Great job opportunity after college to learn business functions. Many employees that continue to work there lack drive. I learned a lot very quickly and enjoyed the benefits.
Work hand and long - get rewarded
Technical Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIJuly 10, 2017
Typical day of work is checking emails and answering customer questions/issues.

Most of your day is spent investigating issues and attending meetings.

I learned a lot about time management and technical aspects of the app I was on.

The job was not for me. I did not enjoy the type of work I was doing and decided to leave after a year. I worked hard and got rewarded in a handsome bonus (7% of salary) and a raise (10%) of salary after just one year.
Pros
Food, Healthcare, People
Cons
Boring work (subjective)
Productive and fun
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
There was always something to do even if your job was finished. I learned about my position and others, because i wanted to grow which is what i enjoyed about being there. Management was great they also wanted their employees to grow and gave time and opportunities for you to work towards it.
Great place to work with the opportunity to challenge yourself
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIJune 29, 2017
Epic presents many opportunities to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and meet people from all around the world. Although you are encouraged to expand your knowledge, it cannot get in the way of your work and other deadlines.
Pros
great food, wonderful travel benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance does not exist
Decent place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2017
The pay is quite decent for the location.
The language used is different from what other developers in the world use, and that really isolates you in the long run.
Meaningful experience in a professional environment.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 11, 2017
I really appreciated my time working at Epic. It's a fun yet professional environment that provides the opportunity to work closely with coworkers. I gained invaluable experience in my time there.
Hard working agile environment where work stands first and formest
Technical Service (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIJune 4, 2017
Epic is a great place to work coming right out college. You will meet hundreds of young professionals from across the country and Epic and their employees/customers will hold you to a incredibly high standard.
Hard work but work worth doing
Technical Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 31, 2017
Epic has a generally fun culture and excellent goals and ideas for healthcare. It's not unusual to work 50-60 hours per week, and it can be frustrating and stressful at times. Many of the people I worked with were great people, which I think was the best part of the job. You get a good amount of training, but you'll never be able to learn everything about the job so you have to learn a lot on your own, which sometimes can make you feel like you know nothing. Very young company, since this is the first job for many employees right out of college.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, fun campus, good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Relax place to work but boring
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 21, 2017
Epic campus at Verona is a fun place to work. But the content you will be working at is boring. They use old technics and old ideas to think about products.
Pros
Relax
Cons
Boring
Not a fun place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 17, 2017
Epic Systems is not a fun place to work. They use outdated technologies and have little consideration for the employees.

I am not sure about other roles, but for a software developer this is not a good place to start.
Overworked and Undervalued
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 16, 2017
Epic Systems creates a phenomenal product and is at the forefront of EMR technology. It's a pity they treat their own employees so poorly. If you decide to start working here, get ready to slowly realize that a "work hard play hard" culture really means "work hard 70 hours per week for 65k". You won't survive if you don't drink the Kool-aid.
Big Mix
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 16, 2017
Epic has a great deal of pros and cons. The culture is friendly and dynamic, but the company still works like a start up - hard work and potentially long hours. Lots of responsibility - saying "no" is an important skill to have here.
great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 11, 2017
Great culture, but stressful. Be prepared to work for your paycheck. For those that are hardworking, it can be a great start to a career. Always people available to help.
Typical 9-5 Job
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 8, 2017
Days never change, same work daily. Micormanagement Issues do to so many leads to respond to and other that have no leadership title. sit infront of a screen for 40 hours a week.
Dichotomous job
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIApril 12, 2017
While some will at excel at Epic, a lot of your happiness will be dictated purely by chance/your direct manager who has virtually all control of your career at Epic;
Unique
Technical Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 5, 2017
Busy, but good compensation. Some skills as a TS are not all that translatable to other jobs, and the non-compete is an issue. Your role also does not change.
Definitely not the worst place, but lots of room for improvement
Project Manager/Implementation (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 5, 2017
I could write an entire essay about Epic's intricacies, but I will keep this simple: Epic is a mixed bag as a company, and you have to be a very particular type of person to succeed there. If you are, congrats! The raises are good if you're a top performer, and there is really a lot to love about working at Epic. Otherwise, be prepared to work at least 50 hours a week or risk being behind on everything you do (or work 50+ hours a week and still be behind on everything).
Pros
free lunch once a month, great culinary team, shuttles to/from different campus areas, on a bus route, beautiful campus, great health insurance, free juice
Cons
experience is completely dependent on team you get stuck with, fairly rigid responsibilites/opportunities if you are new, no dedicated maternity leave, few holidays, low paid time off, low diversity, poor internal documentation
Know what you're getting into
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 19, 2017
The compensation is the best in the Madison area, and it looks great on a resume. I'd have been happy to stay here long-term.

There is one problem: if you have an issue with a manager, there is no recourse. HR will not help you. You need your manager's permission and approval to transfer teams.
Great Place to work
Team Assistant - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 13, 2017
I can't say anything bad about working at Epic. The people, the culture and the management operate from a place of integrity. They care about their employees and it shows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epic Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5