Epic Systems Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, technical environment
Technical Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIAugust 14, 2017
Worked with customers on technical issues involving claims and remittances. Held weekly calls with seven business organizations to discuss optimizations, errors, and upgrades.
Pros
Nice, friendly coworkers
Cons
often work late hours
Muy bien
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAAugust 5, 2017
Me gusta trabajar en ese lugar porque se trabaja muy bien y hay mucho companerismo,se trabaja muy a gusto
Technical Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIJuly 31, 2017
Epic Systems is a good place to work. My role at Epic was Technical Problem Solver where I solved customer issues regarding electronic medical records
Long hours, friendly coworkers, and detail-heavy tasks
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIJuly 30, 2017
Sat for hours at a desk testing a mobile app for bugs and issues. Nerdy and pleasant workplace. Required more than 40 hour weeks despite not paying us overtime in doing so. Managed large workloads and detail-heavy tasks.
Pros
Cheap lunch, helpful coworkers
Cons
long hours with no overtime
Fun work environment, until it feels like jail.
Technical Problem Solver (TS) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 29, 2017
It's a great job if you live alone and you enjoy that. The hours make it hard to meet people outside of work, and at work you only talk about work. If you already live in the area and know people to hang with on weekends, then this is a total non-issue for you. Most people move in from out of state though. Management is key. You need to know everyone you are working with. Office mate, neighbors, team lead, experts, your customer teams, their boss, etc. The wiki system they use houses a ton of amazing information, especially when you first start. You can't rely on it alone though since there's not enough hours in the day. The people there are great and the culture is rather diverse. Things do tend to have a spin towards the nerdy side (it is a software company after all). The hardest part at all levels of tenure is keep pace with all of your customers. One drop can lead into cascading failure, which is unacceptable at a hospital environment. So you learn how to time manage, make plans/deadlines, and coordinate separate groups at the same time. I learned a lot about the job, Epic, its customers, and how to self myself over time. They start you running on your feet, but they want you to succeed and will reach out to make sure you do.
Pros
People are great, food is great, the whole atmosphere is great
Cons
Hours are terrible, hard to get useful help with issues
Fast paced and challenging work environment.
Technical Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2017
Epic offers a great opportunity to grow your technical skills and learn the healthcare field. My role within the company offered a high degree of autonomy, but there was always an opportunity to seek out help when encountering a challenging issue. Generally speaking, Epic was an excellent company to work for.
Hard work with smart people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 14, 2017
You will travel a ton, you will work all day and all night, especially when travelling. Middle management is terrible, but senior leaders drive the ship.
Supported internally for the most part but company did not help to lessen customer burden on myself personally.
IT Consultant & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 13, 2017
Great job opportunity after college to learn business functions. Many employees that continue to work there lack drive. I learned a lot very quickly and enjoyed the benefits.
Work hand and long - get rewarded
Technical Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIJuly 10, 2017
Typical day of work is checking emails and answering customer questions/issues.

Most of your day is spent investigating issues and attending meetings.

I learned a lot about time management and technical aspects of the app I was on.

The job was not for me. I did not enjoy the type of work I was doing and decided to leave after a year. I worked hard and got rewarded in a handsome bonus (7% of salary) and a raise (10%) of salary after just one year.
Pros
Food, Healthcare, People
Cons
Boring work (subjective)
Productive and fun
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
There was always something to do even if your job was finished. I learned about my position and others, because i wanted to grow which is what i enjoyed about being there. Management was great they also wanted their employees to grow and gave time and opportunities for you to work towards it.
Great place to work with the opportunity to challenge yourself
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIJune 29, 2017
Epic presents many opportunities to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and meet people from all around the world. Although you are encouraged to expand your knowledge, it cannot get in the way of your work and other deadlines.
Pros
great food, wonderful travel benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance does not exist
Decent place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2017
The pay is quite decent for the location.
The language used is different from what other developers in the world use, and that really isolates you in the long run.
Meaningful experience in a professional environment.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 11, 2017
I really appreciated my time working at Epic. It's a fun yet professional environment that provides the opportunity to work closely with coworkers. I gained invaluable experience in my time there.
Hard working agile environment where work stands first and formest
Technical Service (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIJune 4, 2017
Epic is a great place to work coming right out college. You will meet hundreds of young professionals from across the country and Epic and their employees/customers will hold you to a incredibly high standard.
Hard work but work worth doing
Technical Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 31, 2017
Epic has a generally fun culture and excellent goals and ideas for healthcare. It's not unusual to work 50-60 hours per week, and it can be frustrating and stressful at times. Many of the people I worked with were great people, which I think was the best part of the job. You get a good amount of training, but you'll never be able to learn everything about the job so you have to learn a lot on your own, which sometimes can make you feel like you know nothing. Very young company, since this is the first job for many employees right out of college.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, fun campus, good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Relax place to work but boring
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 21, 2017
Epic campus at Verona is a fun place to work. But the content you will be working at is boring. They use old technics and old ideas to think about products.
Pros
Relax
Cons
Boring
Not a fun place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 17, 2017
Epic Systems is not a fun place to work. They use outdated technologies and have little consideration for the employees.

I am not sure about other roles, but for a software developer this is not a good place to start.
Overworked and Undervalued
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 16, 2017
Epic Systems creates a phenomenal product and is at the forefront of EMR technology. It's a pity they treat their own employees so poorly. If you decide to start working here, get ready to slowly realize that a "work hard play hard" culture really means "work hard 70 hours per week for 65k". You won't survive if you don't drink the Kool-aid.
Big Mix
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 16, 2017
Epic has a great deal of pros and cons. The culture is friendly and dynamic, but the company still works like a start up - hard work and potentially long hours. Lots of responsibility - saying "no" is an important skill to have here.
great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIMay 11, 2017
Great culture, but stressful. Be prepared to work for your paycheck. For those that are hardworking, it can be a great start to a career. Always people available to help.