The Associate Industrial Engineering will provide industrial engineering services to current and new clients in the manufacturing, warehousing, and service industries. This position includes collecting, organizing, planning, analysis and system design.
Industrial Engineering activities (data collection, analysis, etc.)
Ability to travel to client facility to collect information.
Collect/document labor task times, methods, performance
Field-measure/document layout (building, equipment and site)
Document equipment specifications and performance
Interview key client personnel / Brainstorming
Organize collected data for use by project team
Generate accurate CADD drawings from field measurements
Generate simulation model of system (ProModel, Process Simulator, Flexsim, Witness)
Complete Capacity/Throughput Analysis
Complete Delay/Downtime/Productivity Studies
Perform Process/Spaghetti/Material Flow Analysis
Identify Design Costs and Benefits
Complete Staffing Analysis
Generate Storage/Inventory Analysis
Develop facilities layout design
Develop workstation design
Create work standards and best-practice labor/machine methods
Develop material handling/storage system design/specification
Generate Cost/Benefit analysis
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
1. Proficiency MS office tools, Excel executable macro programming is a plus.
2. Self-Starter with ability to work independently as required.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills.
4. Project management experience is a plus.
5. Simulation modeling or programming experiences in ProModel, Witness and Flexsim is a plus.
6. AutoCAD or CAD experience.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. BS/BA or MS in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering degree required.
2. Minimum GPA 3.0.
3. Minimum 3 -5 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering or related estimating or manufacturing/production experience.
Work Orientation Factors:
This position may require up to 25% travel.
Reports to: Director & Lead Engineer