Epicor Employee Reviews

Sorry I cannot disclose this information
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2017
There are many changes in the company from the top management to the direction of the company. It is a very hectic environment to work for.
would not recomend
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2017
management did not manage.. over 3 years i had 4 one on ones with my manager which were supposed to happen monthly.. no real leadership.. was thrown under the bus by management to cover there butts.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
horrible management
hard to work in an environment where senior leadership screamed and cursed
Senior Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 21, 2017
I am sure not all departments were like mine, otherwise this company would not survive but my department was definitely a hostile work environment. Every Friday afternoon, you could hear the Director scream with her office door shut, and 'f' bombs every other word. It was highly unprofessional.
Pros
Free snacks on Friday afternoons
Cons
tight and ever-changing deadlines, poor leadership guidance, expectations were not clearly given
Jobs going to Mexico and India
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Since being acquired by KKR, large layoffs with jobs shifting to India and Mexico. New implementation of E10 is horrible.
Company culture promoted independent growth on the job
Senior Local Platform Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 16, 2016
Great culture developed within the service organization stressing both independent work and teamwork. As a Field Representative, traveling to customer sites was a very positive aspect of the job. Interaction with customers was educational and resulted in a true sense of helping them to have successful businesses.
Pros
Independence to make daily on demand decisions
Laid off from my position after 35 years due to reduction in workforce
Senior Platform IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Epicor, and Epicor has a fantastic product, but customer satisfaction was sacrificed as a result of being too focused solely on the bottom line.
Wonderful DC team with supportive boss and co-workers
Data Conversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2016
There was always 5 or more things we should be working on. Had to prioritize which was most important and what order to work on them. I learned SQL and more about Excel, Data Junction. My boss was exceptional and so were my co-workers as they were always willing to make time and assist me when needed. Hardest part of the job was unruly customers. It seems the ones that demanded the most were the most ungrateful. The most enjoyable was the technical creativeness that had to be used to get the data where it needed to be in the database. I loved that challenge.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Mean customers
Overall
Local Platform Specialist - Field Services (Former Employee) –  DFWOctober 10, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Epicor. Good people, excellent working environment. Only left because of change in the business model.
Workplace
Sr. Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 6, 2016
Below average executive management and decision making. Preach focus on customer, yet decisions are solely based on revenue reducing customer service.

Salary increases are non existent even though I am a top revenue performer.

The good... reliable business and relatively excellent products.
Pros
Stablility
Cons
Low end salaries and little compensation increase..and benefits are below average.
A busy company.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 5, 2016
A busy office with a lot of work, but not much training or advancement available.Some good employees but management does not listen to employees. Company moves jobs out of USA, so they can tell customers they have world wide support available.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
upper management does not listen to employees

Want to know more about Epicor?

Ask a question
Unstable company to work for
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 9, 2016
Consistent Management turn-over, lack of communication, lack of knowledge sharing, no on-boarding training provided
Pros
Virtual work environment
Cons
US based positions being replaced by offshore companies
Ordinary Company Looking for Cheap Talent
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2016
Experience varies greatly by office location. Jobs are being moved to India. No common culture. Great work and life balance.
Misguided Management
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 28, 2016
Worst onboarding I have ever experienced. Had to continuously battle with my managers to make improvements to processes and client offerings, which were sorely in need of improvement. Management cares more about the appearance of quality performance than actually delivering value to the client. Quick to rush out new processes/services without properly vetting them and then let customers tell them what was wrong. If you care about doing quality work, look elsewhere!
Pros
Some good people there that care about doing a good job
Cons
Management more concerned about maintaining positional power than improving
Small cog in a big machine.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 12, 2016
I was initially excited about joining Epicor. It was my first time working remotely and they seemed to want to set me up with all the tools in my home office.

Shortly I found however that the lack of training and disengaged managers made it very difficult to grow as quickly as I would have liked. Communication is not their forte.

Their own internal IT department is a disaster. When you have a problem it can take weeks to resolve. I had one ticket that never got resolved and after a year I simply stopped tracking it. Fortunately I had found a work around for the situation.

It would seem that you are simply a number. My customers loved me and I had a good review but one day I get a call and they tell me my position has been eliminated and that today is my last day. How is that for a blindside! This happened to 3 folks I knew before and now two more have been treated the same way. These were key folks that were important to the customers. Makes you wonder if Epicor is customer focused or just revenue focused.
Used to be a great place to work until they merged about 4 years ago.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 10, 2016
Environment has changed so much. Pay was decreased and work increased.
Management no longer appreciates dedicated, hard working employees.
The only thing that counts is metrics. You & your work are just a number.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
No longer respected for hard work.
Turn over so high flapjacks TURN GREEN WITH ENVY!!!
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
Turn over so high flapjacks TURN GREEN with ENVY and in fact, its laughable! I've never seen anything like it anywhere! They appear to enjoy going through the same costly process every couple of months with no understanding of changing things to yield a better result.

Management clearly does not know what they are doing as they don't understand the functions of the role or the customer - I observed 11 people either come or go during my one year tenure here - Training is non-existent, literally - EZ Quote quoting tool is VERY complex and there is absolutely no training around its abstract functionality! Its completely learn on your own - They don't have a clue how to train for a role they don't understand - I observed individuals throw their hands into the air and walk out in frustration not feeling that they were being set up for success, and they weren't!

Other disadvantage is that the product is too high and this company does not have a true cloud offering for customers that stands up against the competitors! Epicor is very dependent on licensing of software and this will be its downfall.

Further, accounts are so neglected that a very large number of them have never had communication with Epicor and when you do get these customers on the phone they laugh at you and then sign with a competitor.

Finally, no one I worked with at the time appeared to like their job and felt it was very insecure at best - You can be praised for selling three cores one month and fired the next as it is not possible to sell consistently here.
Pros
Cons
No Training, Not set up for success
Terrible leadership / management
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2016
Management is terrible. They sit in their offices and do not come out and communicate with employees. They do not offer any help or training. Probably because they do not know the software. They do not give any positive feedback, they are just concerned about filling out customer calls so they can run reports for upper management.

You will not advance in this company no matter how much experience you have. You will only get promoted if you are best friends with one of the managers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Everything - management, training, you name it
Busy Environment of Supporting Customers
Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2016
Rewarding to work with business owners whom appreciate your help and look at you as trusted advisor to keep their systems up and running for business.
team enviroment
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Customer support specialistMarch 16, 2016
productive company that provides a good work environment. managers work with employees to provide encouragement and productivemess
Pros
Co-operative with family needs
Cons
People are considered resources by upper management
Moved jods to Mexico
Credit and Collections Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2016
Started giving US jobs to Mexico and letting the people that knew what they were doing go.
It says something when a software company doesn't use their own system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epicor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9