Epicor Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible leadership / management
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2016
Management is terrible. They sit in their offices and do not come out and communicate with employees. They do not offer any help or training. Probably because they do not know the software. They do not give any positive feedback, they are just concerned about filling out customer calls so they can run reports for upper management.

You will not advance in this company no matter how much experience you have. You will only get promoted if you are best friends with one of the managers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Everything - management, training, you name it
team enviroment
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Customer support specialistMarch 16, 2016
productive company that provides a good work environment. managers work with employees to provide encouragement and productivemess
Pros
Co-operative with family needs
Cons
People are considered resources by upper management
Everyone focused on goals
Senior Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 15, 2016
My priorities were clear - and everyone worked towards the same goal. I was not micro-managed. People were friendly. The hardest thing was learning the software - there was NO training program, so I basically learned on the job.
Average Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 8, 2015
My typical day was spent assisting customers and working new sales opportunities.

Training was weak or non-existent therefore, whatever was learned was based on your own initiative.

Co-Workers for the most part were great.

Hardest part of the job was the lack of communication of vision or strategy from upper management.

Most enjoyable part of he job was working with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits.
Cons
Weak and Poor Management.
Moved jods to Mexico
Credit and Collections Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2016
Started giving US jobs to Mexico and letting the people that knew what they were doing go.
It says something when a software company doesn't use their own system
Good job, lots of travel
Application Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2015
The job of the application consultant is challenging every day. Must have the ability to understand a business desires and needs and makes those wins within a ERP software.
Pros
New challenge daily, Little supervision
Cons
Too much travel
Nice place to work.
Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working there. Every day we meet the challenges set for us. We got the work done. Liked wearing regular clothes and sneakers. Always showed up on-time, left late when my projects were completed.
Pros
I was fun.
Cons
I wasa contract employee.
Constant learning environment
Senior Manager, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2015
Cutting edge technology, continual education, fast paced ensured no one in support of the ERP product was ever bored. Great group of people to work with.
Director Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 24, 2015
Good team environment focused on customer support. Loved working with customers and had many opportunites to grow in career.
It's okay, but getting ready to be sold off
na (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2015
It's an alright place to work, but they're getting ready to sell the business. If you take a position, you won't be there very long.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
weak management
Upper Management
Customer Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 11, 2015
This was once a great company but this company has forgotten how important it is to take care of it's employees and customers.
Dynamic company with cutting edge ERP Technology
Vice President Services & Sales - Americas (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 7, 2015
Epicor is one of Top 6 ERP companies in the world. They have consistently stayed ahead of the competition from a breadth of product functionality and great technology.
Pros
Best Software Technology in ERP space
Cons
Epicor has had a lot of organizational changes and attrition
Good team Synergy, Cooperative efforts and technical learning
Network Operations Technician (NOC) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2015
Typical day is working on service requests and monitoring servers. Troubleshooting any issues with servers and escalating issues which are above my skill set. Managing backup tape rotations and restore requests. Most enjoyable part of the job is the troubleshooting and problem solving. Hardest part of the job is overnight hours.
Pros
Work from home 50% of the time.
Cons
Overnight hours and weekend shifts. Lack of information when needed.
Great culture
BUSINESS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2015
Epicor located in Austin,TX -Westlake area has great culture. Loved working there had great co-workers which we all worked well as a team.'' I enjoyed my time working there and learned a lot. Unfortunately, they started outsourcing a lot of jobs to Mexico. Any jobs remaining in Austin will be outsourced if current employees leave the company.
Pros
Free lunches at month-end
Cons
Outsourcing a lot of jobs to Mexico and soon India.
Very professional
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2015
I have my own cubicle!!!. I have learned a lot of technical skills from here. Management was willing to send you to trainings if you asked. Co-workers were very knowledgeable and professional. This is the company where you can really grow with it.
Pros
Cons
Technical works can be stressful sometimes
Great culture
Director of Product. eCommerce / Omni-Channel (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Epicor offers great culture. From offices located at many different countries, people traveling all over the world; adjusting to the clients culture to offer best in class software solutions.
The hardest part of the job is the extensive traveling required
The most enjoyable part is the interaction with so many different cultures, clients, people, and experiences. Never a dull day.
Productive , always !
Business operations (Former Employee) –  Austin TXMay 23, 2015
Challenging and rewarding . Expanded my skillset by learning multiple job functions. Management a plus ! Co-workers , team oriented .
Pros
Christmas holidays, Training and team oriented
Moving forward
Senior IT Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2015
The buzz word is change. It makes for an exciting workplace. Epicor is forward thinking, allows employees to work from home, and is moving forward in the marketplace.
Turn over so high flapjacks TURN GREEN WITH ENVY!!!
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
Turn over so high flapjacks TURN GREEN with ENVY and in fact, its laughable! I've never seen anything like it anywhere! They appear to enjoy going through the same costly process every couple of months with no understanding of changing things to yield a better result.

Management clearly does not know what they are doing as they don't understand the functions of the role or the customer - I observed 11 people either come or go during my one year tenure here - Training is non-existent, literally - EZ Quote quoting tool is VERY complex and there is absolutely no training around its abstract functionality! Its completely learn on your own - They don't have a clue how to train for a role they don't understand - I observed individuals throw their hands into the air and walk out in frustration not feeling that they were being set up for success, and they weren't!

Other disadvantage is that the product is too high and this company does not have a true cloud offering for customers that stands up against the competitors! Epicor is very dependent on licensing of software and this will be its downfall.

Further, accounts are so neglected that a very large number of them have never had communication with Epicor and when you do get these customers on the phone they laugh at you and then sign with a competitor.

Finally, no one I worked with at the time appeared to like their job and felt it was very insecure at best - You can be praised for selling three cores one month and fired the next as it is not possible to sell consistently here.
Pros
Cons
No Training, Not set up for success
Morale is low
IT Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 30, 2015
Layoffs and attrition, very limited resources. No career development. Open, noisy working environment. Good CEO and senior executive leadership.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Layoffs and attrition, no resources. No career development.