Epigentek Employee Reviews

good place to start out
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 24, 2014
coworkers are nice, management at many times unprofessional, learned a lot from the job, good location
Official response from Epigentek
August 8, 2014

Thank you for submitting a review, but this is an unusual and questionable review, as we do not have such a title or position in the company. -Epigentek

Company has potential, looks great on resume
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 22, 2014
It was initially very cool to work in such a cutting edge science field, but the excitement wore off over time as tasks started becoming a bit repetitive. Reasonable pay with okay benefits, but the best is the easy hours with good work/life balance so I still have time enough at home to do my own things. Day goes by fast which is nice, but it can get a bit quiet in the lab. Slim room for advancement although I could see potential in this growing field if I had stayed long enough. I don't think they've ever laid off people before so I felt I had pretty good job security. Overall, it's a good company that gave me great experience under my belt. It definitely spring-boarded me into the industry very quickly, so there's that.
Pros
Great work/life balance and job security
Cons
Needs to foster a more fun working environment
Official response from Epigentek
June 23, 2016

Thank so much for an insightful review. The time you have taken to provide insight into our company is very much appreciated. We place much emphasis on being able to separate personal and work life, and hope to provide a strong work/life balance. Furthermore, job security is very important to us, and as a profitable company free of debt, we take much pride in never having to downsize or layoff our employees! Since the time of your review, we have certainly relaxed the working environment, introduced some variety to work responsibilities, and seen a strengthening of the bond between our people -- both on and off the job. We hope to to increase social lunches and outings as our company grows and I am excited for the future of EpiGentek! I am glad to see that you have gained much experience during your time here, and although we regret that you were not able to grow with us, we are thrilled that we provided you the foundations for a career in the biotech industry.

Best regards,
William Lee
VP of Operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epigentek. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7