Epigentek Employee Reviews

Engaging and Enjoyable Place to Learn and Grow
Internet Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 12, 2017
Having been here for several years and moving up in the marketing department, I can definitely say that EpiGentek is a great place to work, where you can develop and learn new skills and be among people who are nothing but friendly and helpful. Working at a biotech company that focuses on epigenetics makes for a really engaging and fulfilling workday -- you’re immersed in an industry in which you consistently learn something new, face new challenges, and experience cutting-edge developments.

The workplace culture is great and continues to get better as the company grows. We celebrate birthdays with cake, have pizza parties, holiday events, and some team building activities, like our Easter egg drop competition… which was seriously way more fun than I expected. There aren’t any cliques here like some other places -- everyone is so friendly and you can learn a lot from your coworkers. I’ve never felt uncomfortable to ask for help if needed, because everyone is willing to pitch in and work as a team.

I would say there’s opportunity to move up if you’re dedicated, work hard, and take initiative. I started as an assistant and worked my way up to a more specialized position in the marketing department. You certainly gain a lot of experience here and can have the opportunity to take on many different tasks.

In terms of management, they're professional and always striving to make the workplace as positive as possible, often taking note of any suggestions we may have. They definitely seem to care about their employees and work with you. It’s nice to be among managers who care
  more... about you not only as an employee but also just as a person.

Overall, I think EpiGentek is an engaging and enjoyable place to work that’s also intellectually challenging. I love spending my days working with the people here, gaining experiencing and improving my skills, and am very happy to be with the company as it continues to grow!
Pros
Pizza parties, holiday events, awesome co-workers, opportunity to move up, mentally stimulating, fulfilling, great work/life balance
Never again!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 5, 2016
I found this company to be the MOST difficult to work for. Rules are constantly changing but I assume this is typical for such a new company. Some of management can be EXTREMELY unprofessional and rude to employees. They are also extremely suspicious of everything which makes working uncomfortable. Be prepared to stay on your toes. They don't want you to speak to your coworkers so the environment can become extremely quiet at times. This place is best for introverts. Pay is very low especially for those holding a degree. I see efforts made by management to create a more comfortable environment but that doesn't make up for the way the employees are treated 80% of the time. Even though I was only there for a short time, I couldn't take working for this company one more day! I found myself unhappy 90% of the time. I would not recommend this company to work for honestly. I suppose it's best for recent graduates only. Just about everyone seems to have the same issues with the company but only few speak up. Most just end up leaving.

The lead scientist is VERY knowledgable and is constantly taking all necessary steps to ensure customers are getting the best products. The quality of manufactured products and customer service are very important to this company.
Pros
Customer service/ good place to get experience
Cons
Management and everything else
June 21, 2016

I'm sorry to hear that you had a dissatisfied employment experience during your time at EpiGentek. Your opinion is valued and I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Like any small startup, there are growing pains that enable us all to learn from together, especially management, to ultimately build a stronger company. You are right about our dedication to product quality and customer service, but professional courtesy to our own staff is just as important to us, so I apologize for having fallen short of your expectations of an experience that should have been consistent with our commitments. You touched upon our efforts to create a more comfortable working environment, which conveys the fact that we recognize our shortcomings, and thus we will continue to progress towards a more transparent and comfortable working environment. A great company is made of great employees, and I am optimistic that we can continue to make EpiGentek one of the best places to work at. Thank you for your time here, even if brief as it is, and I wish you luck and success in your future career ventures.

Best regards,
William Lee
VP of Operations

good place to start out
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 24, 2014
coworkers are nice, management at many times unprofessional, learned a lot from the job, good location
August 8, 2014

Thank you for submitting a review, but this is an unusual and questionable review, as we do not have such a title or position in the company. -Epigentek

Company has potential, looks great on resume
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 22, 2014
It was initially very cool to work in such a cutting edge science field, but the excitement wore off over time as tasks started becoming a bit repetitive. Reasonable pay with okay benefits, but the best is the easy hours with good work/life balance so I still have time enough at home to do my own things. Day goes by fast which is nice, but it can get a bit quiet in the lab. Slim room for advancement although I could see potential in this growing field if I had stayed long enough. I don't think they've ever laid off people before so I felt I had pretty good job security. Overall, it's a good company that gave me great experience under my belt. It definitely spring-boarded me into the industry very quickly, so there's that.
Pros
Great work/life balance and job security
Cons
Needs to foster a more fun working environment
June 23, 2016

Thank so much for an insightful review. The time you have taken to provide insight into our company is very much appreciated. We place much emphasis on being able to separate personal and work life, and hope to provide a strong work/life balance. Furthermore, job security is very important to us, and as a profitable company free of debt, we take much pride in never having to downsize or layoff our employees! Since the time of your review, we have certainly relaxed the working environment, introduced some variety to work responsibilities, and seen a strengthening of the bond between our people -- both on and off the job. We hope to to increase social lunches and outings as our company grows and I am excited for the future of EpiGentek! I am glad to see that you have gained much experience during your time here, and although we regret that you were not able to grow with us, we are thrilled that we provided you the foundations for a career in the biotech industry.

Best regards,
William Lee
VP of Operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epigentek. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8