Epilepsy Foundation Employee Reviews

Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 10, 2017
It was an amazing experience and I wouldn't change volunteering there for anything. It taught me a lot about myself, and it showed just what people go through with epilepsy.
the administrator trudy is very unprofessional
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 2, 2017
the retention rate is very high. they dont train you well and they dont hire the most professional employees. its alot of people who love the job but cant deal with the managers or ghetto coworkers.
Pros
the consumers
Cons
trudy fires all the great employees
a pleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAApril 18, 2017
i learned about customer care and how to label where donations would be and i learned a little about management and i became very good at what i did as i excelled
Pros
always had work and good work enviornment
Cons
there really was none
Horrible Management
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJanuary 7, 2017
I was hired to work at the most difficult house in Suffolk.Their management team honestly sucks.Its like walking on eggshells in that house with management. They help you with nothing but wanna get you in trouble for everything.
Pros
my individuals, great coworkers
Cons
management
Volunteer on the summer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
It was years ago, so don't remember much but it was an alright place to work for some time and not have a very boring summer. Anyways, I was mostly like a helper or a second hand to review, organize, upload documents.
A lot of company support and encouragement--they loved my interaction with customers
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 31, 2016
I got the opportunity to speak with many people and enhance my sales ability. I really enjoyed getting familiar with people.
Great
House Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Dr. Phillip is without question, the most knowledgeable, and painstakingly precise doctors I have ever been to for any procedure. he listened to to his clients , understood there concerns, and wound give then th best treatment
It is a good start point for the field
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 19, 2016
If you are working in direct support in Long Island it is the place to go. The compensation is competitive and the benefits are really good. Your work environment is totally dependent on the residence you choose, and you can usually transfer if you aren't comfortable. I really loved the guys, so I put up with the nonsense and drama so I could see them but it could get very stressful because someone could make a false allegation and you could be labeled as an abusive person and essentially not be able to work in the field again.
Pros
Free food, fun free recs, close bonding with the individuals
Cons
no job security, being mandated to work for extreme hours
Excellent place to work
Assistant Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2016
Very rewarding job. Can be long hours, but you get so much out of it. A good group of people to work with; all have the same goal: to serve those in the community.
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 19, 2016
long hours on the road. constantly changing company policies to protect themselves. unfair conditions
Pros
good pay
Cons
long drives
Fast pace job
Temp. Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Productive and very eventful. This was my internship, first time in the work force and I was a little unprepared. Later on I got the hang of things and was flowing with everyone.
Pros
Learnt a lot of things, especially customer service
Cons
No major Con, just the distance was a bit far
Productive and helpful in helping people with epilepsy as well as their family
FREELANCE WRITER & EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2015
The Epilepsy Foundation continues to offer me work in area of freelance. Throughout the years that I have done projects for the the foundation, they have complimented me on my work and continue to offer me the opportunity to earn honest money and gain experience.
Challenging and Rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 15, 2015
I found that a typical day would be ensuring that all clients needs are meet. Once they came home we were to assist them with their program books. Assist them in any meal prepping, cleaning, bathing, and medication management.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
It was an okay place to work.
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 14, 2015
A typical day was working with people with traumatic brain injury to teach them how to maintain there independence in the home and community. I learned to meet challenges through the diversity of the individuals that I met. The hardest part was not getting paid when the clients cancelled and traveling all over Rochester and other counties. The most enjoyable was all the people that I met and the countless resources that I used to assist people who have had a traumatic brain injury.
Pros
Seeing the clients meet their goal outcomes.
Cons
No pay for cancelled clients.
Enjoyable work place
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Medford, NYMarch 26, 2015
Co-workers are nice to work around here and was very supportive. My most enjoyable times at this work place will have to the recreation.
Customer satisfaction and working as a team
Office Manager to Vice President, Development (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 14, 2015
The Customer Service was the best part, while getting to know your donors and the people you served was extremely satisfying. Knowing you were there to help someone who was going through a difficult time dealing with having epilepsy and all of the issues that comes with it. The stigma they faced and just having someone there to talk about it and give them much needed information to help them was such a joy knowing you could do this was very beneficial in my everyday life. My co-workers were so understanding and had such great attitudes towards each other and always played as team players. The hardest part of the job was not taking yourself so seriously all the time, you have to keep upbeat because this type of job could really get to you if you take it too personal. The most enjoyable part was when an individual either phones you or write a letter thanking you for all of your help.
productive
Direct Support Person (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 4, 2015
I assist residents with developmental disabilities with their everyday living. I cook, help assists with baths, housekeeping, med pass, doc appts., monitor behaviors, and encourage empowerment
Fun place happy atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 17, 2014
Typical day would be answering phone calls and forwarding them to case workers. Filing scanning info and after shredding it due to the fact that all client information is kept confidential.
Bad management, poor scheduling, and an unrealistic amount of work to accomplish
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMarch 1, 2014
Scheduling would sometimes change throughout the week without you being informed. During the last few months I was there, we were expected to do about 80-90 stops a day. Which would be fine if every stop weren't 5 to 10 minutes away from each other and you weren't handling any furniture. Drivers would sometimes arrive at a store to unload at 8 or 9pm and staff would be unwilling to unload the truck. Overall management didn't care for employee safety or any issues that may have been brought up.
Needed organization
Advocate/Case Manager-Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 22, 2013
This organization is motivated to provide a better quality of life for the client population. Everyone works hard to make the agency known in the community so it can better effect change. It is a great organizations that should be funded more by the local community. With more funds it could touch more lives.