Epilepsy Foundation

Epilepsy Foundation Employer Reviews

Bad management, poor scheduling, and an unrealistic amount of work to accomplish
Driver (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAMarch 1, 2014
Scheduling would sometimes change throughout the week without you being informed. During the last few months I was there, we were expected to do about 80-90 stops a day. Which would be fine if every stop weren't 5 to 10 minutes away from each other and you weren't handling any furniture. Drivers would sometimes arrive at a store to unload at 8 or 9pm – more... and staff would be unwilling to unload the truck. Overall management didn't care for employee safety or any issues that may have been brought up. – less
Needed organization
Advocate/Case Manager-Intern (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 22, 2013
This organization is motivated to provide a better quality of life for the client population. Everyone works hard to make the agency known in the community so it can better effect change. It is a great organizations that should be funded more by the local community. With more funds it could touch more lives.
Not a workplace where there is much job security
Assist consumers (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 24, 2013
EPIC Long Island which it is now called was an ok place to work if you don't mind staying in your position. When openings are available EPIC's Human resources team is slow in giving you th postion when you inquire. In order to move to my current position I waited about 2 months and I was already an employee. Even getting an interview when I first started – more... took nearly 6 months even though they had a lot of postions available.
The job itself is pretty decent when you don's pay attention to the extra things going on. There is a lot of team work but if you let yourself get caught up there is a lot of gossip going on and favortism. Its not what you know but who you know. – less
Great Experience
Office Assistant & Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
general office work, making spreadsheets, organizing events
Fickle - depends on where, when, Board, Executive Director
Devoted Multi-Position Employee (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 12, 2013
Pros: love of doing work to improve the lives of others & increasing awareness of disorder.
Cons: no personal life, no loyalty to long term dedicated personnel, poor funding & poor management
Employees happily dedicate their lives to organization, dramatically improving its position, volunteer involvement, social work and overall awareness a thousand percent only to be caught up in B.O.D. & Executive Director decisions that summarily eliminate long held positions and departments to accomodate the whims of the inexperienced & ill informed – more... BOD - which will even create fictitious covers to ease their collective consciences for their maneuvers. – less
excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 6, 2013
They value employes as much as the do their clientele. They offer a fair wage for an acceptable workload
Not a good place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee), Landover, MDMarch 25, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: high turnover, financial distress
Poorly resourced and managed. Usually 12 hours days. Very high turnover rate.
Very Productive
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Cons: short breaks.
I thoroughly enjoyed working along with the disabled population. It was a pleasant experience to help the consumers with their goals and daily activities.
The organization had positive and negative aspects. I am glad to have had opportunities to serve them.
Board member, Volunteer (Former Employee), Middletown, Ct.December 23, 2012
Pros: being part of active advocacy
Cons: mis-communication, lack of appropriate communication during crisis.
Educational HOPE mentor programs.
research for information upon request. Support for families in an on-line community. We grew to a good-sized state support group which I lead. We gathered occasionally.

I learned how to advocate on a state and national level. I saw a bill become a law within our state after 5 years of hard work. I learned how to become – more... a better communicator with electronic methods.

Management was not as efficient as it could have been.

My co-workers were pleasant for the most part. There were times where the communication became challenging.

The hardest part of the job was when an administrator did not state her desires directly to me. She had expectations but did not state them to me. She did not like that I also volunteered for the national epilepsy foundation on a few projects. I did not know that this bothered her prior to my involvement. I did not have a exclusive contract with her foundation. I thought that the more knowledge of the disorder the better for her work. I was mistaken.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunities to take part in advocacy on state and national levels. – less
The opportunity to work in a Christian School was wonderful. The environment challenged me to push myself in numerous areas.
Gym teacher, volunteer aid, sub (Former Employee), Norwich, CTDecember 23, 2012
Pros: a job that allowed me to work where my children went to school.
Cons: no benefits because i was only very part-time.
I started my day reviewing the planned curriculum for the week. I would fix recess and gym equipment. I would rearrange activities if special needs or student circumstances showed cause. Adaptation to the games or activities to allow fullest participation possible by all students.

I learned to be flexible with activities. I also learned documentation, – more... procedures, and medication administration.

The management of the school was excellent.

my co-workers were wonderful.

The hardest part was probably the board of the school.

The most enjoyable part of the school was seeing growth in students. – less
Freelance work done for an epilepsy walk
Volunteer (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: a nice foundation to work for
I did a one day shoot for the Epilepsy foundation. It was an even walk and I photographed walkers as well as the sponsor booths. The man in charge was clear in directions and very polite.
Room for advancement
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: family style enviroment
Cons: everyone for themselves no one had my back
I liked EF because it allowed me to advance to a different department. But when I transfer over to the new department I loss a lot of hours and no one did anything about when I complain. I would've stayed there if I could have gotten the hours that was promised to me.