Epiq Systems Employee Reviews

Good place if you want to get nowhere
Project Manager (Contract) - TPM (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 6, 2016
They treat their contractors like 2nd class human beings, contractors have to work on the most difficult cases, have to park 20 minutes away, will not receive FTE for 2-3 years, if!

If you ask for a raise, the company managers in collaboration with the Staffing agency may let you go.

Training is mostly sink or swim, on your own, with no clear guidelines.

The company also lets contractors go, witb no warning and for no reason, naming the "shortening of the contract" as a plausible excuse.

Good company, in pervious years, not what it used to be.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, good case load
Cons
Very long hours, far parking spot, low pay
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 5, 2017
I recently was laid off as they eliminated my job, otherwise was a great company to work for. I was with the company from 1984 until October 2016.
customer service representative
Customer service representative and consultant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 11, 2016
Working at epic was a temporary assignment through a job agency. I enjoyed this job because it was very different from my norm. I wish the assignment lasted longer
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
short term assignment
fair pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  beaverton, oregonJuly 30, 2015
depending on how many cases assigned, you could get constant back to back calls for shift duration. on slow days, you could get calls every 30min to 1+ hours. you can come in with your books, knitting materials, play cards, puzzles, just to keep you busy in case there isn't much calls for that day. the managers are respectful, smiles, greets you by name, and are hard-workers. you get bus pass compensation due to limited parking. nothing more nothing less.
productive and fast pace enviornment
Administrative Assistant/ Case Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
typical day at my office would be dealing with clients either through email or by phone. In the past 6 years I've learn to work in a team like environment. Management has worked with me in the passed when i decided to go back to school. Really supportive when it comes to going back to school. Hardest part i cant say there is anything complicated about working here. Most enjoyable would be meeting new temps whenever we have big projects
Productive and Repetative
Claims analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 6, 2015
I was given a security clearance badge so that I could access the building. Due to the sensitive information inside the building we were all asked to keep it confidential. The management was very professional overseeing everyone in the various departments. My manager worked for a Employee/Temp agency called Adecco and was very courteous to everyone.

I learned how to input important and sensitive information such as Social Security Numbers, Banking Information and addresses into an Excel Spreadsheet in a fast and timely manner.

It was very much repetative every day due to the fact that data entry tends to be like that. Sat at a desk all day.

The most enjoyable part were the breaks and walking around outside.
Pros
Money
Cons
Sat in a seat all day.
Good culture
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 21, 2015
Client Services was a stressful yet fulfilling department. The demand to meet client's expectations was always paramount, but this needed to be done with the confines of reality, not always an easy task. Our team manager was solid and provided good guidance at the same time instilling a sense of ownership. Nothing could have been accomplished with out self-responsibility and team work, which we had in spades. We were responsible to high profile clients involved in multi-billion dollar settlements and executing all of the work under court mandated guidelines and timelines.
Pros
Diverse workload
Cons
Interdepartmental communication
Productive and Management was awesome
Claims analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 8, 2015
I worked for a temp agency named Adecco. When I had completed an assignment, they were quick to reassign me to a new task. My first job was to work in a team by sorting through mail alphabetically and storing them in secure locations. We worked with sensitive information dealing with a loaning company legal case. After I had completed my assignment in the mailroom, I was reassigned to the Claims department. There I dealt with sensitive client information and sorted it out using Microsoft Excel. In both cases I worked in teams. I learned how to correctly sort through sensitive information such as Social Security Numbers, phone numbers, addresses, and check for key clues such as signatures. My coworkers and I got a long great! The hardest part of the job was that it was very monotonous. The most enjoyable part was getting to know my coworkers.
Pros
Management was very friendly
Cons
Sat in a chair most of the day.
Good temp staffing organization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2015
Answered phone calls regarding current legal actions. Since I had had little or no working knowledge of a law firm the job was very enlightening for me.
Pros
Hours and learned a termendous amount about the leagal environment
Cons
Temp job ended
Daily routine
Client Services Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at Epiq was hectic. We managed multiple cases with multiple request. Each day consisted of trouble shooting, managing deadlines, meetings/conference calls and request. As a manager I dealt mostly with the consulting and assisting the case teams with issues, best practices and database usage. My Co-workers were awesome, they helped me and I assisted them in our daily grind. Whoever had the bandwit helped the others who had overflowing plates. The job had its moments but in this field, its expected. The best thing is working with a team who shares the same common goal and willing to help you go the extra mile.
Pros
Great team, great work enviroment
Cons
Weekend work resulted in less time with the kids
A good place to work while in-between jobs.
Claims Admin (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 18, 2014
Epiq Systems is a claims administrator for class action law suits. My job entailed answering clients questions and explaining what the class action suit that they were involved in was about or how it worked. All employees at Epiq are temporary employees. Most assignments there are only for a couple of weeks, however I was able to stay with them until I got a better job offer.
Pros
A productive work place.
Cons
All employees are temporary employees without any option for a temp-to-hire contract.
Challenging work and interactive work environment.
Technical Writer/Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 18, 2013
I spend the day gathering information that is applicable to the subject about which I am writing and prepare that information to be used by a given target audience. I have to write the technical information at a level that is readily understood by the reading audience that can range from high level Subject Matter Experts and in the case of witing for Military Specifications--a third-grade reading level is required. This usually includes a "overview" that can be for high level executive people who do not necessarily have any technical expertise in the technical subject matter. That can produce a significant challenge.
Pros
Good health insurance.
Great company; good people
Operational Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Epiq really enjoyed the people I worked with on a daily basis. I was given opportunity to learn and be trained and not expected to know everything from the get go. I was given leeway to try new ideas to improve productivity. Management had open door policy and followed it.
Not quite what they seem
Document Control (Former Employee) –  Portland ORMarch 9, 2012
On the outside - it looks like an attractive employee friendly organization. On the inside - it's a "let's find someone to blame". They are not honest with their staff. Management does not give honest feedback. Senior/Executives will paint a pretty picture - then lay off 40% of the company. Trust is not their big attrbute.
Pros
salaries are good.
Cons
see below
Dedicated, if frequently repetitive data entry
Claims Processing (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 12, 2012
Note that my views of EPIQ are through my six-month experience of working for them through a local temp agency, and so likely don't reflect the experience of the permanent employee.

The work I was doing was very data-entry oriented, and involved processing hundreds of correspondences daily, in an atmosphere that was professional, but sterile. The employees that thrived in that environment were quiet, determined, and not terribly social, preferring to interact with their computers and media more than co-workers.

That notwithstanding, they hire many temporary workers who are professional, and detail-oriented, to their continued benefit. I'm glad to have experienced EPIQ and their offerings, but need to be in a more stimulating, challenging environment.
Pros
positive management
Cons
low hourly wage; isolating, repetitive tasks
Relaxed work environment with great people
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2012
Epiq was a great place to work, there were lots of smart people who made it a positive environment. Management was moving in a great direction and the company as a whole seems to be growing quickly. eDiscovery is definitely the division to be in - the bankruptcy side is shrinking.
workplace safety is an issue
Customer Service Representative/Print Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 2, 2015
each work day consisted of 56 hours and 90% of employees were temporary and of course the mail was massive as it was a legal services center so we worked hard everyday for mass mailings
hard work and fun at the same time
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 28, 2013
it was good for me beside that there were problems about the ride because I had to commute 60 miles round trip a day to go to work beside dealing with a very hard manager that he just wants to show himself and tell everybody that I am the Manager ..
Epiq has always given me consistent work and the recruiters are easy to work with.
Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2014
This is the first place I worked so I always have a soft spot in my heart for them and their Recruitors.

The work could be hard but the managers were always supportive.
Pros
Good supervisors
good place
Document Review Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
good place to work. nice place to work. exciting place to work. had a good time. made good money. very good and exciting learning expirience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epiq Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9