Episcopal Divinity School is a respected center of study and spiritual formation for lay and ordained leaders with a strong commitment to justice, compassion, and reconciliation. EDS, formed in 1974 with the merger of Philadelphia Divinity School (founded in 1857) and the Episcopal Theological School (founded in 1867), offers doctor of ministry and master’s degrees, as well as certificates in theological studies. Located on an eight-acre campus just a few blocks from Harvard Yard in Cambridge, MA, EDS is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS), and a member of the Boston Theological Institute, a consortium of nine eminent theological schools, seminaries, and departments of religion.
Database and Systems Administrator
The Database and Systems Administrator works within the Technology Services team to support the EDS community. The Database and Systems Administrator is responsible for both server and client level support of multiple database applications. This position is also responsible for supporting campus-wide reporting needs for said databases; and assisting various departments with establishing data standards, maintaining data integrity, designing processes, documenting workflows, and implementing IT standards and policies.
Reports to: Director of Technology Services
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Database Administration, or other related field; equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience will be considered
- Minimum 2+ years of working experience in database analysis, design, support, and reporting development
- Advanced skills in SQL, MS Visual Studio, MS Reporting Services, and relational database management systems; specifically, Blackbaud products (Financial Edge, Raisers Edge) and Sungard/Ellucian PowerCampus Student Information Systems
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Mail Exchange systems, SharePoint services, and basic SQL Server Administration
- General familiarity with additional scripting language(s) such as HTML5, XML, CSS, Windows PowerShell, .NET, ASP .NET, or willingness to learn as necessary
- Ability to handle diverse computing environments in a wide cross section of needs and personalities
- Ability to quickly learn systems or applications that may be new
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service with ability to articulate technical information to non-technical people
- Attention to detail while mindful of big-picture concepts or goals
- Applicants must have a customer-centric attitude in providing service to end-users and functional departments and ability to take ownership of tasks to ensure complete resolution
- Demonstrate personal investment in own professional growth
- Available to work after hours when necessary
- Familiarity with Mac OS would be a plus, but not a limiting factor
- Responsible for daily functionality, user support, reporting needs, product updates, product documentation, and data export/integration with other systems for PowerCampus Student Information System (Sungard/Ellucian), PowerFAIDS, (College Board), Financial Edge and Raisers Edge (Blackbaud)
- Develop and conduct data validation processes with end users regarding: system bugs, upgrades, and enhancements
- Document product customizations; especially any that will need re-implementing after product updates
- Create, manage, and maintain SQL queries, stored procedures, and scripting for automatically updating user and registration information in Canvas (cloud-based Learning Management System) from PowerCampus database
- Establish a good working relationship with ERP vendors and end users
- Daily administration of database servers (SQL Server 2005 and 2008 R2); troubleshoot and research server level issues independently and work with existing consultants on network-level issues
- Collaborate with departments to design, implement, and document business processes, data standards, policy and protocol
- Monitor batch processing of production jobs and interfaces, identifying and resolving transaction errors and providing direction for corrections as needed
- Maintain security for applications, perform database updates, and manage data integrity, retention, and reporting needs across entire client base
- Develop and implement reporting cycles and custom reports for users, which may include the creation of reports for SharePoint viewing, and integration of web/SharePoint form data with the campus ERP system
- Oversee and manage systems integration, documentation development, and process analyses
- Assist Support Specialist during periods of high volume service requests
- Assist with Mac user desktop support, and Mac workstation access to network resources – as able
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the School.
All employees of EDS must work collegially and cooperatively with all members of the community.
Episcopal Divinity School is an EEO employer. We encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply for the positions.
Please visit our website at www.eds.edu for more information about EDS. To apply, please send your resume, salary history, cover letter, and two letters of reference to Samaria Stallings, Director of Human Resources no later than Friday, March 8, 2013.