Epsilon Employee Reviews in United States

Decent company, but behind the times
Director, Development (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2016
Epsilon is a decent company to work for with decent managers at the "ground level". The technology is behind the times and for an IT professional, there is massive resistance to change.
Pros
Flexible schedules, telecommuting
Cons
Very little opportunity to make improvements to the environment or your skill set
Firewatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 7, 2016
Typical day starts at 330 pm until midnight unless we are on a 10 or 12 hour shift. weekends are always 10 hours overtime unless its a holiday weekend. Only problems are not enough paid holidays and should be paid more than we do.
Pros
easy job
Cons
unpaid holidays
Great Place
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 6, 2016
Great place to work and gain experience. Fast paced, great clients and the opportunity to deliver measurable outcomes to major brands.
Great people with poor management and lack of strategy
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 30, 2016
Epsilon has a great team of people. With the exception of senior management, everyone comes to work with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit and passion for their customers. I learned a lot about digital marketing and loyalty programs at the company. I had a great team of people that delivered top-notch results and received accolades not just from our customers but our customers' vendors as well.

While there were many things about the company I liked such as the people, the benefits and company events, the company had a lot of issues. Senior management failed to recognize high performers and high performing teams; instead, awards went to those "best liked" or in the political click of senior management. Titles were inflated. Compensation was low. The company lacked a cohesive strategy for long-term growth. Operational and development costs were high because they refused to adapt to new technologies and methodologies. Anti-LGBT sentiment was high. Also, the company was in the midst of shipping jobs overseas. I believe the most roles will be in India in the next 5 years.
Pros
Great people, fast-paced, good benefits, free soda
Cons
Low compensation, inflated titles, high offshoring, anti-LGBT
Not the greatest place to work
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJune 30, 2016
Not a good place to work; processing simple things take forever and complicated; not a place where people work as a team; many different software is used to process simple tasks
Needs Improvement
Premedia (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2016
Management needs to truly evaluate their talent and utilize properly.
Let the employees who are truly skilled and experienced have a say in how the work gets done
Very nice place to work and learn
General Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Management has an open door policy. Helpful and professional to employees. Treat everyone with respect. Holidays off and good working hours. Communication is good up and down chain of command.
Rock solid company
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for, government contracts limit personal growth with the company. Great working hours, Company involvement with the employees out side of work is excellent I.E. Picnics Christmas Party.
Pros
excellent Management
Cons
slow upword mobility
Very good company
Quality Assurance Analyst, Email Services (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 12, 2016
It is very good company to work for. I did enjoy working there, very nice and professional people. I learned more about QA/QC processes.
Very Complex
Operations Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 4, 2016
At times very fast pace, other time there is a lull, but always something to do and the system supported is very complex.
Fairly good tight knit team. Sometimes it is very complicated which makes it very challenging in a good way. Sometimes things are not always logical.
Pros
Occasional Lunch, Free healthy breakfast once a week, co-pay for gym membership
Cons
Low base compensation for role/ Expensive medical insurance
Productive, organized, fun
Marketing Operations, Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
During the early hours you will find me speaking to our vendor, defining priorities for the week. I meet with team for half hour to communicate our clients’ needs and organizing the team's work load around the priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in meeting or exceeding expectations and avoid surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the information, materials, reports and updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our internal and external clients. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
Lots of training related to work and information related to other work groups within the company
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Sr. Java Developer
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2016
Role: Java Developer
Project: Reservation Confirmation and PreArrival Email

This project was aimed at adding new functionalities for Hilton, a customer of Epsilon. The new functionalities included changing booking details, terms and conditions and enhancements in the reservation confirmation and pre-arrival emails with the new “Be Wow” look.
Long hours, no job security
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Jobs at Epsilon are project bases. Once the project is over, so is your job unless they moved the employee to a different project. Receiving a good review is no guarantee employee will be moved to another position. In addition, there many foreigners who have nothing good to say about the Unites States and a number of them are in leadership. Take the job if you need it, but start looking for a new job. Think of it as a contract job with no job security.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job security, negative environment
Not a bad starting point.
Electrician I (Current Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 9, 2016
After having recently separated from the military I obtained employment with this company; that being said it was a great place and an easy transition for me post-military service. Coworkers are great, the work is involving, the management is understanding and willing to work with your life needs. Not much room for advancement and training opportunities.
Pros
Great workplace environment, helpful management
Cons
Average benefits, volatile contracted work, scarce opportunity for training and advancement
Leading provider of Services for Defense Industry
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAFebruary 2, 2016
A great company in the highly competitive field of defense contracting providing highly qualified employees to meet and exceed customer demands and expectations.
Too Much Work Gossip from Management
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Middle management at Epsilon is terrible. Many were guilty of consistently gossiping about other employees which made confiding in them (or anyone for that matter) very difficult.

This is a very political company – promotions are awarded based on favoritism and not necessarily previous work experience. If you speak up, you will be shunned.

Many of the roles are very technical so if you are not lucky enough to have a solid mentor from day 1 you will be out of luck.

I will say that the compensation and benefits were great which is likely why people stick around longer than they’d wish.
Pros
Company Events, Benefits
Cons
Management, Unnecessary meetings, Lack of qualified leadership
Great place of work
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Very positive work experience in this company. All nice and fun people.

The company is geared towards working always with a positive attitude.
My work experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I have learned a lot in my previous job. Well organized, Agile methodology, scrum meetings, creating test plans and test cases, test all different test methods, continuous interaction with the developers and BA's, find the maximum defects and place them in TFS, verify these errors once developer corrects them, at the end of the 15 days finish all the defects stories and submit to the lead. The work is stressful and time bounded.
Pros
Learned more about Agile, Scrum
Cons
Lot of stress
Work environment encourages creative thinking
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2015
Work environment encourages creative thinking and collaborative team culture pre-merger. Work/Life Balance is fantastic.
Pros
Free Fri lunches
Cons
Too many reorg
Great atmosphere
Marketing Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2015
Great company and understands the importance of work/life balance. Great team and everyone was friendly. Fast paced and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
Parking

2.6