Epson America Employee Reviews

Professional and Conservative Company
Corporate Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 18, 2016
My overall experience working for Epson America is a positive one. Although career progression is limited and I have found it difficult to change departments the various times I have tried. The people are what makes Epson very unique and special. I have made countless friendships and built a great rapport with my co-workers. Epson is extremely conservative and strives for professionalism which I aim to be a part of. This was my first position working in Corporate America and would say it was a good one.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficult to progress
Very stressful with no direction
Returns Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 15, 2016
The returns department is a total disaster. No structure and processes change everyday. Nothing is ever right and orders have to be touched 3-4 times. Very stressful!
they have a kitchen in there and serve hot meals
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  plainfield indianaOctober 16, 2015
it a good fun place to work they have activities that they support in leagues with other jobs such as basketball,baseball and golf leagues and its not stressful work
Pros
activities
Cons
benifits
a mixed bag
Second shift receiving lead (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 16, 2016
i was rapidly given a lot of responsibility i agree to this with the understanding that i would take these and then get a promotion. various factors held this up till the manager moved and the new manager failed to live up to the promises made.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad experience with management
Excellent benefits, non-competitive compensation
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 29, 2015
I enjoy working here. The atmosphere is generally positive, middle management is supportive, co-workers are team-oriented, pay in the shipping division is at low end of industry standard and not indicative of the skills required to do the job.
Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Great place to consult at
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 18, 2015
The culture and the people are great. The hours tended to be long, and it was very Japanese in some ways. For instance the parking lot is mostly full at 4pm the Friday before a long weekend.

There are a lot of people here who have been here for a long time, so they, and management seem to really know what they are doing. This is a pretty stable business, which also helps.

Everyone work hard, and we were also allowed to have fun.

Not all the managers here high quality and some tended to play the blame game.
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
having to work through lunch and dinner
It was a very productive work inviorment.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 9, 2013
My daily job was to manage large retail store accounts. I processed orders for these companies to meet weekly deadlines. I also handled problem orders and worked with different carrier companies to resolve shipping issues regarding missing shipments. I have over 15 yrs customers service experience, and I work very well with others. I'm a very dependable and self motivated worker.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Benifits were not that good.
room for advancement
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
shipping and receiving I Verified and kept records on incoming and outgoing shipments, prepared items for shipment Examined outgoing shipments to ensure shipments met specifications Unpacked and examined incoming shipments, rejected damage items, recorded shortages, corresponded with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.I also Examined stock to verify conformance to specifications. filled orders and issued supplies from stock Maintained inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal Stored articles in bins on floor and on shelves according to identifying information. management gave me free will and let me make decisions on my own. my co workers was teams players we all did our part for the advancement of the company. i enjoyed the freedom mostly
Pros
room for growth
Cons
Productive and nice work enviroment
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 20, 2015
My typical day was to install and troubleshoot large format printers. Also testing and evaluating new media papers from various vendors to ensure that they meet Epson's quality standards.
Pros
Easy working enviroments
Cons
Contract has no benefits
good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  2350 Stafford RdFebruary 29, 2016
typical work day was good what I've learned was to have respect for other people the management was always coming around and making sure that everything was good I loved working with my co-workers the most enjoyable part of the job was doing hard work in a relaxed enviroment
Fun place to work!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 11, 2016
When I arrive to work, we have a meeting everyday ay 6:00 am. We discuss what our goal is for the day and how many trucks we will receive in. We also are appointed which station we will be focusing on. I have my own desk at work and typically I am standing all day. When I process return orders sometimes I come across some issues in which I have to write them up and create a spread sheet.
Good Team work
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
If i really get a chance definitely i hope i can work again
great project new change to grow up
I wish all to take chance to work with epson
Excellent
Product Management (PM) Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 18, 2015
I work at consumable team and everyone is very supportive and i learn a lot from 2 month working there. I get exposed to different projects, learned about pricing and the process of launching a new product.
Pros
friendly environment, flexible hour
Cons
management is a little slow
Very good place to get trained in new positions
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2015
They trained me on the job for International Shipping and all the paper work to go with it. I really enjoyed this position and enjoyed learning new things. It was always a challenge. I worked well with my co-workers and vice versa.
Pros
Great about training you
Cons
Closed in Indianapolis
Plenty of hours
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 20, 2014
Epson is a great company to work for with plenty of hours to work if you want them. The pay is not so great for lower level employee's but the overtime makes up for it if your willing to work them.
Pros
Steady work, decent people, company cares about their employees.
Cons
Overtime is expected..
fast pace recieving dock keeps you on tour toes
Material Handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2015
wondreful work place,always learning new things and lots of hands on training with the dock lead. no two days were ever the same
Pros
cool christmas parties, great supervisor
Cons
not enough equipment to work with
Epson truly understands how to collaborate with contracted talent.
Remote Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 31, 2014
I really appreciate Epson's timely review cycles and helpful feedback. Epson gave me complete creative freedom to design and develop fun E-learning. As a result, I developed a great deal of technical expertise with Articulate Storyline.
Productive and effective
Microstrategy Developer (Former Employee) –  Long beach, CAApril 1, 2015
Lot of challenges in the work. As a microstrategy developer created reports according to the client requirements. Improved my productive skills while working here.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2012
Data Entry, A/P A/R Answering phones, Co workers where great to work with , team players
A typical support job
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 21, 2012
Phone support, Technical support

Learning about computer peripherals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epson America. Our community is ready to answer.