EQT Corporation Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Reservoir Petroleum Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
I generally enjoyed going to work every weekday. There are great people at EQT, and great projects to work on. They are a winning company and I would recommend taking a job with them if you get the chance!
Pros
Pay, people, projects
Cons
Sometimes a bit stressful
Stressful and unrewarding
Slave (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
Most people working for EQT stay solely because of the monetary compensation and they are unhappy with the workplace otherwise. It is a very stressful and unrewarding place to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Administrative Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 2, 2017
Very competitive environment chances for promotion, however, as a contractor I really can't contribute more

I really liked the professional regimental way in which things are set up. Great organization, however, communications need work.
Pros
Nice lunch area
Cons
Contractor, however, new managers are a little green
Not the typical corporate lifestyle
Serves as EQT Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2017
I genuinely love my roll at EQT, I am just looking to relocate eventually and see what all the industry has to offer. I do not have anything bad to say about my current position.
good place to work if you can stay under the radar.
COMPRESSOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVApril 14, 2017
The culture when I left was that you hoped you could go to work at your station and not get any attention, there was no reward system for work well done, but severe consequences for any violation of the multitude of rules that are constantly coming out to increase the "safety culture"
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no job security
compensation is good including benefits
employee (Former Employee) –  companyApril 13, 2017
They get rid of you when you get older, limited opportunities to transfer to a different position, often utilizes the buddy system to keep your job, show preference to members of former employees, directors, manager and supervisors are two faced and untrustworthy
Pros
Salary
Cons
everything else
Great pay but upper level management is difficult
Land Agent (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVDecember 6, 2016
Total emphasis on numbers to the exclusion of all else, including taking care of the lessors. I worked in-house and as a contractor. Employees are encouraged to treat contractors as totally expendable. The company has no regard for the individual at all... unless you're upper level management (director and above) at which point you are part of the "click" and can usually dictate your own agenda.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, fast paced
Cons
Work-life balance, upper level management
EQT Review
PA. A technology-drive leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2016
EQT is a great company to work for, I left due to a life change that required me to re-locate.

Their investments in innovation over the past few years have brought about many new ways of working for the organization.
Great company for those in the right career stage
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2016
Company has a tremendous amount of positives. However, once you are in the company, there are limited opportunities for advancement. That is the only downside to the firm. If you are looking for a place with a great work life balance, very competitive compensation, and enjoy working with talented individuals with strong professional credentials and aren't that concerned with moving up the ladder, than it would be hard to find a better place to work.
Lead Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Pikeville,KYJuly 26, 2016
EQT is a rising company that has been smart with debt and treats their employees well. I have no issues with the company, as they have always treated me fairly.
Multi-tasked enviroment with safety first
designer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2016
Working with measurement, pipeline and compression departments to produce systems utilized in the natural gas industry.
Pros
excellent benefits
Great pay and benefits
Landman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 4, 2016
Great pay and benefits. Great mapping team. Only problem natural gas work is cyclical. I wish gas prices would stabilize
Productive and Fun workplace
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Energy, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Pristine ambiance for anyone to work. Well balanced and very efficient in meeting the client requirements as and when required.
Great Opportunity in Shale Gas Industry
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Company was looking to revamp approach many of it's functions in a very competitive market. Excellent visibility within the organization and access to top level managers. Very exciting dynamic place to work
Pros
in the forefront of shale gas
My Dream Job that crashed
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2016
Great Job, Great Staff and Great Company which I have worked so hard for after 37 years fell through due to OPEC cutting Oil Prices more than 50%+.
Pros
Working in my on country, Great Place, Great Personnel to work for
Cons
OPEC cutting Oil Prices back which forced all corporations to cut back consultants
N/a
Gas Measurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 1, 2015
Responsible for the measurement processing services for the all of EQT Wells in the KYWV gathering system. Ensures that measurement information is collected, processed, calculated and retained according to industry standards, governmental regulations and contractual requirements. Coordinates and responds to the internal and external customer measurement audit requests. Perform technical data analysis or studies. Actively participates on various teams that deal with current and future measurement issues. Continually improves and maintains processes and computer systems to efficiently meet the measurement business needs. Works with field operations to prepare and provide current and historical meter information for the use of lost and unaccounted for gas. Works in conjunction with downstream business units and third party interconnecting companies to receive and provide third party volume information. Provide physical pipeline and lost and unaccounted for gas to other department within the organization.
Good internship
Landman Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 11, 2015
Land Internship. I really enjoyed my summer at the company and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to work for EQT.
Complex list of duties
Compliance and Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KyFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work,offers many challenges and opportunities for those who pursue them, salary, benefits are excellent, change is a constant
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Long days
Uncomfortable work environment
Production Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carmichaels, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Management was difficult to deal with and made the work environment uncomfortable.
Not for me
Lease Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2014
The Land Administration department at EQT is not a good environment in which to be employed. Employees are not expected to perform typical lease analyst duties but instead required to act as customer service representatives, which is not a typical skill set of lease/legal analysts. Additionally, not every employee is held to the same standards and this department is borderline hostile. The management team lacks focus and does not possess the skills necessary in order to lead. Generally, employees in this department are unhappy and abused, which affects productivity greatly. I would not recommend working at EQT in this department.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Unqualified Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3